PDA

View Full Version : Cabo??

riverracerx
06-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Thinking about going to Cabo for the 4th?? Never been to Mexico. Good time to go? Recommendations on where to stay? Would like to be on the beach with a nice pool.
Want to go down and vege out for a few days.
Help!

Ziggy
06-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Only time I've been there we stayed at "The One and Only Palmilla (http://www.loscabosguide.com/hotels/palmilla.htm)"....first rate place, nice but smallish beach. Nice pools. and a butler. :D
Its a short trip to partyville Cabo where all the nightclubs are at.....don't miss the Giggling Marlin for some bar room laughs and Sammy Haggars place called CaboWabo....
If you really want to just relax the Palmilla resort is perfect for that.

Magic34
06-02-2006, 02:51 PM
If you want a relaxing place, not too much of the party scene, try the Dreams resort in Puerto Vallarta. I have taken my top producers there the past 2 years and it was great. Food was decent and they have their own beach. Get a junior suite and they have a jacuzzi on the balcony.

ChumpChange
06-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Just got back from Los Cabos last week. It's just about ten miles south of Cabo San Lucas. The resort I stayed at was awesome. www.marquis-los-cabos.com. It has the most awesome pool, great service and just plain good. Can't say enough.
When it comes to swimming in the ocean.....not really going to happen, especially if you are the Sea of Cortez side. There are only three swimable beaches in Cabo so make sure you have a good pool at your resort of choice.

burtandnancy
06-02-2006, 02:57 PM
We were in Cabo last week and had a great time, lots of sight seeing, fishing (lost a Marlin after 1/2 hour) and fabulous food. Restaurants a bit pricey tho. The weather was great, but its starting to get hot. Less than 2 hour flight out of LAX...

redi4fun
06-02-2006, 03:04 PM
This place is super nice. Get an ocean view room. Can walk into town and stumble back to the room in 10 mins. Right on the beach and next to the marina, great pool and drinks.
http://www.finisterra.com/htdocs/index.html

GrapeApe
06-02-2006, 03:04 PM
My Buddy rents his house out.. I think it only goes for $2400 - $4200 a Night.. The place is amazing... :jawdrop: :D Jessica Simpson stayed there, and wanted to buy it before she left..
Cabo House (http://www.cabosanlucasvillas.net/villa_buena_vida.htm)

OutCole'd
06-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Anything for kids to do there?

Throttle
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
I dunno, never been there either. Let me know how your trip goes... I will be goin in August!

ChumpChange
06-02-2006, 03:06 PM
We were in Cabo last week and had a great time, lots of sight seeing, fishing (lost a Marlin after 1/2 hour) and fabulous food. Restaurants a bit pricey tho. The weather was great, but its starting to get hot. Less than 2 hour flight out of LAX...
I was there from May 21st to the 26th. Must have been there the same time. It was getting down there. By the time we got to the 18th hole on our round at Cabo Real, it was over 100. Not the best weather to play golf in.

duffster
06-02-2006, 03:08 PM
Cabo is very cool me and the wife and kids went for New Years and in March this year for my moms 60th and got to see Sammy Hagar at CaboWabo. But I got to say every time I go and we are just hanging at the Office on the beach drinking two for ones I wish I had my boat it just has that Havasu channel feel.
We always stay at the Terrasol on the Pacific side other cool places to stay close to town on the beach are Hotel Finisterra and The Solmar. They are only a short taxi ride to everything

riverracerx
06-02-2006, 03:09 PM
Quit hijacking my thread! :p
I am leaving the kids at home!
Any place to swim with dolphins down there?

ChumpChange
06-02-2006, 03:12 PM
If you drive north for quite a few hours you can get to Sea World.

duffster
06-02-2006, 03:12 PM
We took the kids this year they are 5 and 8. And they did not want to go home just like when we go to Havasu.

duffster
06-02-2006, 03:16 PM
Yes if it is completed I was down in March. Their is a place to swim with dolphins down there. It's brand new located in the harbor.

Cole Trickle
06-02-2006, 03:16 PM
My Buddy rents his house out.. I think it only goes for $2400 - $4200 a Night.. The place is amazing... :jawdrop: :D Jessica Simpson stayed there, and wanted to buy it before she left..
Cabo House (http://www.cabosanlucasvillas.net/villa_buena_vida.htm)
Wow.....your buddy is a PIMP!!!
If I stayed there I would never leave the house!!!!

riverracerx
06-02-2006, 03:19 PM
My Buddy rents his house out.. I think it only goes for $2400 - $4200 a Night.. The place is amazing... Jessica Simpson stayed there, and wanted to buy it before she left..
It's a little big for the two of us.
But very nice!
Maybe we should get a ***boat group trip there sometime

GrapeApe
06-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Wow.....your buddy is a PIMP!!!
If I stayed there I would never leave the house!!!!
He is doing pretty well!! He uses the house 3-4 times a year.. Usually as a Bonus for his Employees. It comes with a Cook, Maid, and Chafeuur (sp)Driven Suburban...
*** Grape Ape ***

Cole Trickle
06-02-2006, 03:29 PM
It's a little big for the two of us.
But very nice!
Maybe we should get a ***boat group trip there sometime
If we can get a HB discount and bring 50 people is should be affordable.
<------ in for 5 days... I would even be willing to sleep on one of the comfy patio chairs since the view is so amazing.(Beer is hopefully included;))
On a side note we got every year or so and stay at Villa del Pallmar (Nice Time share about 2-3 miles from town.They have a good pool and are right on a beach)
Like stated it is a little hot right now. Premium season is right after the first of the year.

probablecause
06-02-2006, 03:30 PM
You should have no problem getting back across the border. Nobody else has a problem.

OutCole'd
06-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Well in that case, bring plenty of Magnums......

riverracerx
06-02-2006, 04:01 PM
As far as HOT, it is either Cabo or Havasu.... and I would like to have a nice couple of days doing something different and without the whole family and kids.
As long as there is a pool or a beach and some foo foo drinks I am all good!

purrfecttremor
06-02-2006, 04:29 PM
We go every oct. to see Sammy at cabo wabo and time share at the Playa Granda above the marina.Water taxi to the office,taxi to town and STUMBLE HOME!!!! Doesnt get any better than that.

PBOCOP
06-02-2006, 05:08 PM
I go once a year. We are going June 12-19. Love Cabo and always stay at one of the Pueblo Bonito resorts. Awesome. Renting a car all week this year so that should be different. Party !

burtandnancy
06-02-2006, 06:44 PM
PBO. We just stayed 8 days at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. Brand new wing, very, very nice. Can't get enough of the Office, Trailer Park or Ediths. Our room was so high up on the hill we could see the roof tops in Honolulu...

Riverkid
06-02-2006, 07:30 PM
On a side note we got every year or so and stay at Villa del Pallmar (Nice Time share about 2-3 miles from town.They have a good pool and are right on a beach)
We're headed down there in two weeks. Hopefully it's not too hot. We are taking the twins (5 y/o's)... :)

Throttle
06-02-2006, 08:35 PM
what am i gonna do there without my boat and all of you there with me? :cry:

riverracerx
06-02-2006, 08:58 PM
OK, here are my considerations. Anyone have any comments. I would like to be close to town too, if we wanna go explore. And need a great pool!
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
Hotel Finisterra (not much availability)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach
Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort & Spa

locogringo
06-02-2006, 09:27 PM
I just saw on 20/20 that there are a lot of rapes in Cancun. Cabo... same Mexi-spanish, different area but who's to say??? especially with all the girlie drinks you consume, you may be a viable alternative... lol
Cabo is good place, have fun, go light and be good!

pixilatedpussy
06-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Thinking about going to Cabo for the 4th?? Never been to Mexico. Good time to go? Recommendations on where to stay? Would like to be on the beach with a nice pool.
Want to go down and vege out for a few days.
Help!
We love the Melia san Lucas!!! :rollside:

PBOCOP
06-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Nice !! We are staying at Sunset Beach. We stayed there last time and it is so relaxing, so nice. It's on the Pacific side, but with a rental car we can go where we choose anytime ! Can't wait.

bunny 166
06-02-2006, 10:12 PM
OK, here are my considerations. Anyone have any comments. I would like to be close to town too, if we wanna go explore. And need a great pool!
Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat & Spa
Hotel Finisterra (not much availability)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach
Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar Resort & Spa
Darrin and I went to the Finisterra for our honeymoon 10 years ago....there is a terrific pool with a swim up bar and the rooms were nice. You cannot go in the water on that beach because of the riptides....people die there every week. It is wierd to see such a beautiful beach deserted....They told us if you want to go in the ocean to go to the other side of the point....The fish tacos were awesome at the hotel--the best we've ever had! We took a sunset booze cruise that was fun...Hope you have a great time!! :boxed: Let me know if you need to know anything else.... :rollside:

thom
06-03-2006, 03:54 AM
went there last year stayed at the Rui... one of those all inclusive deals... great pools great hotel.. short drive to the night life food was just ok but over all had a great time... free beer and a mini bar in the room .. you figure it out.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-03-2006, 07:10 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1721CIMG1394.JPG Chris it will be hotter than hell when you go!
We like a few places there.
Fiesta Americana
Westin Regina
Both 5 star places
We just stayed a couple weeks ago at the intercontinental Presidente
We really liked that because it was all inclusive and it was only 1500 bucks including air. Huge pools and tons of bars. Organized fun stuff at night and for the money it was close to a 5 star place. They even had a hamock on the balconey which was perfect hight for her to stradle it. Dam I am getting a stiffy!!!! Longer taxi ride into town but when you are loaded it goes by fast. All you need to know is you get to the Office in the am and you leave when the sun starts going down. Go back to room and ruin her for a while and do it again the next day. This is a pic from 2 weeks ago. I took this from my chair at the office. My wife was coming back from a quick prop check.

purrfecttremor
06-03-2006, 07:42 AM
I think thats the chair ill sit in in oct! Two for one buckets of sole an pretty good orderves and great peeps!

riverracerx
06-03-2006, 04:21 PM
What is the Office?
So which side is better the Pacific or other side. Di I need to be close to town?