PDA

View Full Version : A DUMB QUESTION, CAN YOU HELP?

Harlem
01-26-2002, 08:57 PM
I'm new to the picklefork scene. therefore have a question which I hope is not to stupid!! I have a 19' Nordic picklefork, currently being painted and restored. The one time I took it out it took on water on both sides of the sponsons back by the motor. I know almost all boats take on water somewhere but when its traped in the sponsons do you put a bildge pump on both sides or just dont worry about it! I know with a regular V bottom hull you just drill a drain hole too the motor area. What to do?
Hope its not that stupid of a question!!
Harlem

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-26-2002, 09:03 PM
I have a edge 21 3 bilge pumps one on each side and one in the center tunnel all right at the back

Charley
01-26-2002, 09:12 PM
Jetboat B my old 21' Eliminator Daytona was rigged the same way, unfortunately on one trip I lost my center bilge, so everything that came into the boat got pumped to the center...... It was a nervous run back to the ramp that day. I'd suggest 3 bilge pumps with 3 exit holes ... I'd also suggest 2 batteries..good luck!

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-26-2002, 09:22 PM
Yes that is my set up 3 pumps 3 separate holes 1 switch works great!

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-26-2002, 09:32 PM
sorry about the smiley dont know how that happened

wsm9808
01-26-2002, 11:13 PM
My pickle has three pumps, and when I bought it the two sides pumped to the middle and the middle one pumped it out. I was surpised to read above that someone elses boat was set up like that. I thought some crack head set mine up like that. Each bilge pump has its own through hull exit now.
Harlem, I'v heard my hull is the exact same as the Nordic. Does your boat look like the one in these pictures http://www.liquidaddiction.net/Karaco.htm
[This message has been edited by wsm9808 (edited January 26, 2002).]

fastboat
01-27-2002, 02:25 AM
I have a 19" Daytona with 3 pumps. You don't have to drill 3 holes. Just T the pumps into one line. I have a separate switch for each pump, but you could wire them all together. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't running any of the pumps when dry.

Harlem
01-27-2002, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the help you guys, thats what I figured to do but was not sure. WSM9808, you were right your boat does look exactly like the Nordic I have. Hulls look identical! Im having mine painted all white with anodized red trim and bezels. It should look nice when I get done with it. I hope to have it done by the tunnel regatta. As soon as I figure out how to use this picture scanner on this computer I'll send some pictures out of mine.
Harlem

Infomaniac
01-27-2002, 04:14 PM
Harlem If it is just a 19' flappers on the outside should be enough. Unless it takes on water fast and it sits unattended for extended periods.

Skaterfast
01-28-2002, 02:51 PM
Not all boats take on water.Find the leak.My old Baker would leak through the old rivet holes that hold the rub rail on.On your boat when it sits in the water or is pulled up on the beach the last foot of your rub rail is submerged.That's my guess,but there are many others,transom plugs,bilge pump exit hole,jet pump,stearing cable,etc.