PDA

View Full Version : I need a good boat repair shop in Bullead area

ahhell
06-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Anyone know of a good repair/service shop or person in the Bullhead /Fort Mohave area? Im new to the area and my jet drive is feeling sloppier than usual...
Thanks for any info, Bob

tamalewagon
06-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Bob...thanks for the Moabi recommendation. We just got back and had a spectacular time. Definitely going again next year. As for the boat, what about making the 475 min. haul down to Needles for your repairs? Thanks again Bob.

ahhell
06-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Glad you liked Moabi...we cruised through there yesterday about 4pm heading back to Bullhead
Needles has a repair guy, no one can tell me his name just kinda about where he is :) :) :) "go under the tracks, turn left at the T- intersection and the first left then the next right" :) :)

tamalewagon
06-04-2006, 09:40 AM
Glad you liked Moabi...we cruised through there yesterday about 4pm heading back to Bullhead
Needles has a repair guy, no one can tell me his name just kinda about where he is :) :) :) "go under the tracks, turn left at the T- intersection and the first left then the next right" :) :)
That's about the size of it... :rolleyes: :D My guess is that Rich who works at the store in Moabi could tell you. He had an answer to whatever I threw at him and he was very cool to boot.

25dic
06-04-2006, 09:43 AM
What ever you do, do not take it to Holiday RV and Marine. Very bad place, would not even sell me a part that they had in stock to fix my Evinrude. Basically they wanted to fix it, but that it would be 2 weeks before they could get to it. And if they sold me the part they would not have it to put on someone elses boat that they are going to do the work on. Mind you this is on my Honeymoon. Ended up going to Gaines Marine (good guy) the next morning back to Laughlin before 9am. Eat the drive and head down to Havasu.

cxr133
06-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Theres a guy in Bullhead City named PINKY.... crotchety old guy but i hear hes the man to see.
i just cant remember exactly where it is..... i think he might be behind one of those jet ski rental places...
sorry guess i was of no real help

Floored
06-04-2006, 10:02 AM
what about good old ST?

voodoomedman
06-04-2006, 11:36 AM
Drive it down to Absolute in Havi. You won't be sorry. Make an appointment and ask how long it will be. Unless your getting an engine rebuilt or something my guess is you will drop it off in the AM go get some breakfast, go hang down by the bridge and have it back early in the afternoon.

ahhell
06-04-2006, 12:39 PM
what about good old ST?
Thats what I was thinking....maybe its time for a PM

3 daytona`s
06-04-2006, 01:39 PM
The Boat Guys im Mohave Valley Mark Reese specialize in Rigging Installations Motor work,Jets V-Drives Custom Aluminum Mill Work These guys do beautiful work 928-763-5536 he drives a blown gas hydro the other Blown Gas Jet.They can help you out. :)

caribbean20
06-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Earlier poster referred to some guy who goes by the name Pinky. I used him to work on my jet boat about 9 years ago in BHC. If he is still above ground, I would recommend him, he did very good work for me, albeit 9 years ago. Can't give any better directions, I recall he worked out of the back of one of the jet ski shops.
Another poster on the Just Jets site under the name Code Blue Racing may also do work in BHC. I believe he posts under the name Squiting Thunder. #s I have for him (I believe his name is Jim) are 928.704.1858, 928.542.7712. He never did any work for me but has been very helpful for others asking questions.
Good luck.

boater012
06-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Jim at code blue racing in bullhead Is a great guy and he does great work.
He is very fair and honest with you!
I am in the business myself and he is very knowledgable! Good luck!

ahhell
06-04-2006, 03:59 PM
Jim at code blue racing in bullhead Is a great guy and he does great work.
He is very fair and honest with you!
I am in the business myself and he is very knowledgable! Good luck!
Thanks...just PM'd him :wink: