PDA

View Full Version : Thin in 2006

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-04-2006, 07:44 AM
Ok folks, its that time again. Anyone with me? :rollside: I am going the low carb, low fat, low cal route. Worked wonders for me last year but I fell off the wagon, actually, I fell off and then got run over by the wagon. :rolleyes:

riverbound
01-04-2006, 07:56 AM
I am with you.... :D
Im on the get your fat ass of the couch and ride your bike to the gym routine. that combined with the drag your fat/ hugnover ass out of bed and go surfing on the weekends routine should work wonders :D
Oh and the stop eating fast food diet should help a little too :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-04-2006, 07:58 AM
If you join my gym, we can go workout with Brandon. :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-04-2006, 08:09 AM
K, here's my goal..... :cry:
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;0;62;0;0/c/0/t/-40/k/1e7a/weight.png

riverbound
01-04-2006, 08:42 AM
If you join my gym, we can go workout with Brandon. :rollside:
Im going to 24 hour fatness. :D Hopefully Brandon doesnt go there....he is such a stud I would feel intimidated :(

riverbound
01-04-2006, 08:43 AM
Put it in ur siggy...then its a daily reminder ;)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-04-2006, 08:49 AM
Put it in ur siggy...then its a daily reminder ;)
I don't want too, I am embarrassed. :(

riverbound
01-04-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't want too, I am embarrassed. :(
Then you will just forget about it. I will put one in mine if you do.

Mrs. casean
01-04-2006, 09:41 AM
That's a tough goal Linda! Best of luck to you! I'm joining you on this one! I'll have to get a goal reminder too :D Good luck girlie!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah, its not going to be easy. I have zero will power. :mad: But I know I can do it. I kicked butt at it last year and then slacked. I just have to commit to it and not give in to beer and Doritos and stuff. :)

Mrs. casean
01-04-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, its not going to be easy. I have zero will power. :mad: But I know I can do it. I kicked butt at it last year and then slacked. I just have to commit to it and not give in to beer and Doritos and stuff. :)
No beer :cry: that's the hard part :D You'll do great I'm sure! It's early enough to get a good jump on it all before it's time to be seen in a bikini again! It's on for me! Back to my old diet. :rolleyes:

riverjunkie
01-04-2006, 01:52 PM
I really need to be on this wagon with you guys, I got on it a year ago last august and not only fell off but was ran over by the wagon as well. I have more than 40 to loose, to be my ideal weight, you know in my dreams, a lovely lady lump. Well lets all work together and keep each other motivated, I'd like to shamelessly wear my suit this year at the river.

Mrs. casean
01-04-2006, 03:24 PM
I really need to be on this wagon with you guys, I got on it a year ago last august and not only fell off but was ran over by the wagon as well. I have more than 40 to loose, to be my ideal weight, you know in my dreams, a lovely lady lump. Well lets all work together and keep each other motivated, I'd like to shamelessly wear my suit this year at the river.
Best of luck to you girlie! Why is it so hard for girls! :rolleyes: Any helpful hits or advise that's working for you... let us know! We all need the support :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-04-2006, 03:25 PM
Hey Linds, what kind of diet do you have going on? Last year I did low carb, basically allowed myself carbs at one meal a day and I did really good at it because I didn't feel deprived. I am going to try that again.
Welcome Riverjunkie! We can all totally do this.
Oh, one thing that helps me alot is a food diary. I keep track of everything I eat, calories, fat gram and carbs. Makes it harder to cheat. I feel guilty eating a Tootsie Roll if I have to write it down in my diary. :cry:
:rollside:

riverjunkie
01-04-2006, 03:44 PM
Thats sounds like a good idea, maybe I will think twice before I put something in my mouth if I know I need to write it down, Oh my I'd be writing all day!!!

Mrs. casean
01-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey Linds, what kind of diet do you have going on? Last year I did low carb, basically allowed myself carbs at one meal a day and I did really good at it because I didn't feel deprived. I am going to try that again.
Welcome Riverjunkie! We can all totally do this.
Oh, one thing that helps me alot is a food diary. I keep track of everything I eat, calories, fat gram and carbs. Makes it harder to cheat. I feel guilty eating a Tootsie Roll if I have to write it down in my diary. :cry:
Basically it's a low everything diet that is just sensible meals and eating smaller portions w/ 2 snacks. So the 5 meals a day system. And lots of water! I did it two years ago and lost 20 from Mid March to end of May. I kept it all off until this year :cry: I am the same size in clothes, but nothing feels the same :cry: So it's back on. I allow 2 free meals a week... so I can eat 2 pieces of pizza if we order pizza, or go out to dinner and not feel guilty. Plus I worked out min. 3 days a week. It worked so I'll do it again :D

riverjunkie
01-04-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm still trying to decide if I should go on some sort of supervised weight loss program, ie Jenny. I went to a weight loss center last year and started out ok but fell off after about 6 months. I think I need supervision or maybe I'll just sign on and look for you all to motivate me when I feel like cheating. At any rate I NEED TO DO IT NOW!!!!!!!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-04-2006, 04:57 PM
I have made a renewed commitment the last couple of days. I have been "good" with the food, and I went to the gym yesterday mornning for a quick workout. One of my best friends owns a karate dojo and she offers cardio-kickboxing two nights a week. She used to be a personal trainer, so I went to the kick-boxing last night (pretty dang fun getting to beat the crap out of the bag! ) and she is going to set me up with a better diet to increase my metabolism. Then the kids and I did a vigorous 5 mile hike at the Santa Rosa Plateau this afternoon. Alright, it was only 4 miles :D
I sure hope I see at least a little bit of results within a week. Oh, and Jeff took all of my measurements last night. But I will NOT post them :yuk:
I have 20# to loose and about 6 inches of belly. Good luck everyone!

Mrs. casean
01-04-2006, 08:07 PM
I have made a renewed commitment the last couple of days. I have been "good" with the food, and I went to the gym yesterday mornning for a quick workout. One of my best friends owns a karate dojo and she offers cardio-kickboxing two nights a week. She used to be a personal trainer, so I went to the kick-boxing last night (pretty dang fun getting to beat the crap out of the bag! ) and she is going to set me up with a better diet to increase my metabolism. Then the kids and I did a vigorous 5 mile hike at the Santa Rosa Plateau this afternoon. Alright, it was only 4 miles :D
I sure hope I see at least a little bit of results within a week. Oh, and Jeff took all of my measurements last night. But I will NOT post them :yuk:
Best of luck to you Angie! Where was that hiking you did? If you ever want to meet up on a weekend we're both around for a hike or something let me know! I don't know where though? I love the hike up San Jacinto! We could even get a group together and head out early for a good hike... as long as it's not snowing :D I am not sure where to go around here really... I need to learn the area better! There are some trailer up off Ortega too. Well good luck to you and I'm sure you'll be kicking ass w/ those kickboxing classes :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-04-2006, 09:26 PM
The Santa Rosa Plateau is an ecological reserve up Clinton Keith Rd in Wildomar/Murrieta. Just keep going up the hill till you get to it, it's only about 5 miles west of the 15 interstate. Hikes range from 1 1/2 miles on up. I will give you a ring if I go up on the weekend sometime.

Tom Brown
01-05-2006, 07:36 AM
Here's my story.
I woke up one day to discover I had a huge gut and was about 30 lbs over weight. :idea:
I was working out but I stepped up the cardio. ... then I stepped it up more. ... and more.
It didn't help a lot.
Then, I discovered that, in order to burn fat, the correct course of action is a less strenuous cardio workout. By keeping it light with a heart rate goal of about 118 (for me weight and age), I was able to start making some progress on the weight.
... so I walked... and sawed away on the elliptical at the gym...
... and the weight started falling off.
All the while, I was trying to eat sensibly. I was trying to focus on good nutrition, but not paying much attention to callories. Basically, my goal was to consume 85g of protein per day and try to get a decent intake of vegetables and fruit.
... and the weight kept falling off.
... and then I hit my goal weight... 200.
... and the weight kept falling off...
Now, I'm below my goal. I can't stop going for walks and using the elliptical because I'm addicted to that stuff. Also, it grosses me out to eat sugar, drink pop, or consume junk food of various kinds.
I don't know where this ends but, once in the zone, it's clear that weight can really fall off at a pretty good rate. What's more, it's a terrific lifestyle.

Mrs. casean
01-05-2006, 08:14 AM
I watched Biggest Loser last night-Special Edition... it was two families competing and so inspiring! Wow... those people worked at it! And looked great! 5 weeks and one mom lost 78 lbs! (clap clap clap) Wow.... That show is motivation... and shows what hard work can do!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-05-2006, 08:17 AM
Ya know Tom, I was talking to a trainer at my gym and he said less cardio and weight will come off. It seems backwards but I am going to try it. I once again started doing my daily lunchtime walk and am trying to get my butt to the gym a couple times a week and of course walk Makai.
I know I am a broken record but I am going to do this this time!!! :rollside:

RiverToysJas
01-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Linda, what gym do you go to? (sorry if you posted it and I missed it). I go to the new(er) LA Fitness on VV.
I'm going to attempt to lose 30 again this year. Starting today....
I will try to check in and let ya'll know how it's going. My goals are to:
> Eat smaller portions of food.
> Eat lower fat food.
> Cutout red meat - a new one for me.
> Walk at least 2 miles 3-4 times a week.
I also start most days with a bowl of oatmeal, which they say is good for me. I'm also trying to add more tomatos to my diet, they say that's important for a man. Esp an old man like me, who's halfway to 70!
G'Luck everyone.....
RTJas :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-05-2006, 09:08 AM
Linda, what gym do you go to? (sorry if you posted it and I missed it). I go to the new(er) LA Fitness on VV.
I'm going to attempt to lose 30 again this year. Starting today....
I will try to check in and let ya'll know how it's going. My goals are to:
> Eat smaller portions of food.
> Eat lower fat food.
> Cutout red meat - a new one for me.
> Walk at least 2 miles 3-4 times a week.
I also start most days with a bowl of oatmeal, which they say is good for me. I'm also trying to add more tomotos to my diet, they say that's important for a man. Esp an old man like me, who's halfway to 70!
G'Luck everyone.....
I go there too Jason. :rollside: Want me to spot you? :D The only thing I hate about that place is it is packed when I want to go which is around 4:30 or 5pm. I just need to suck it up and deal with the crowd.
Cutting out red meat? Not sure I could pull that one off. I love me some red meat! I cut back on it and eat lots of salmon and chicken.
Smaller portions is key. That is something hard for me becuase if something tastes good, I will keep eating. Gotta change that habit.
Good luck to you to. Hope to see you at the gym. OR we could meet at Pacifica and walk the track. :boxed:

RiverToysJas
01-05-2006, 09:42 AM
I go there too Jason. :rollside: Want me to spot you? :D The only thing I hate about that place is it is packed when I want to go which is around 4:30 or 5pm. I just need to suck it up and deal with the crowd.
Cutting out red meat? Not sure I could pull that one off. I love me some red meat! I cut back on it and eat lots of salmon and chicken.
Smaller portions is key. That is something hard for me becuase if something tastes good, I will keep eating. Gotta change that habit.
Good luck to you to. Hope to see you at the gym. OR we could meet at Pacifica and walk the track. :boxed:
You can chew on the red meat, just don't swallow. ;) :D
I go to the that gym most Sat and Sun's about 9am.
As for walking Pacifica, that'd be cool - As long as Coach Cravin is no longer there yelling at me to go faster. LOL. I currently walk from my house, and stay to the outside streets around the tract, it's axactly 2 miles. That's what I have been walking.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-05-2006, 09:55 AM
You can chew on the red meat, just don't swallow. ;) :D
I go to the that gym most Sat and Sun's about 9am.
As for walking Pacifica, that'd be cool - As long as Coach Cravin is no longer there yelling at me to go faster. LOL. I currently walk from my house, and stay to the outside streets around the tract, it's axactly 2 miles. That's what I have been walking.
I walk up and down all the streets in my tract which I am guessing is maybe only a mile one way. Not sure.
Maybe I will see you at the gym this weekend.
P.s. can you pin this thread?

RiverToysJas
01-05-2006, 10:24 AM
If Jason got a GPS instead of tools, you'd know exactly how far it is! ;) LOL
I cannot pin in forums I don't moderate, Rex would be the one for this forum.
I won't be there Sat. because I'm heading to Johnson Valley for the day....you guys can come if you'd like....I know Jason loves it there. :crossx: LOL I'll probably be there Sunday though.

C-2
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
I'm In!!!!!!!!!
I went south last year about July. Really F*d up about October thru December when I started drinking beer whenever I could. I love beer. :cry: :cry: :cry:
So the final tally for me, last year, was down 50lbs., gained back 20. So I need to lose 30 again!
Once again the wifey and I are counting calories and plan on excercising too, which we didn't really do last year when we lost the majority of our weight. We're not starting out as aggressive this year, kinda trying to fine tune our eating habits to be able to make it thru the year, and not July/August only.
That Biggest Loser show kicked arse! Those people are damn motivated!

nodigg
01-05-2006, 09:18 PM
No posting of measurements? How about photos? :rollside:

nodigg
01-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Ok folks, its that time again. Anyone with me? :rollside: I am going the low carb, low fat, low cal route. Worked wonders for me last year but I fell off the wagon, actually, I fell off and then got run over by the wagon. :rolleyes:
Join us for the L.A. marathon?? And who says you need to loose weight anyway!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-06-2006, 07:13 AM
Join us for the L.A. marathon?? And who says you need to loose weight anyway!
The LA Marathon???? Maybe a 5k or 10k but I don't think I could pull off a marathon. Would kind of be an amazing goal to reach though. :idea:
A teeny tiny update....progress is progress right??
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;12;69;0;0/c/-2/t/-40/k/693b/weight.png

riverbound
01-06-2006, 07:39 AM
:cry: I was doing pretty good eating until last night.
Went to Fred's on Main St. in :cry: HB and had Nachos and 4 big Schooners of Beer. Im definitely feeling it :(
Of course I did do some physical activity when we got home to try and counter balance the affects of eating like crap :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-06-2006, 07:49 AM
:cry: I was doing pretty good eating until last night.
Went to Fred's on Main St. in :cry: HB and had Nachos and 4 big Schooners of Beer. Im definitely feeling it :(
Of course I did do some physical activity when we got home to try and counter balance the affects of eating like crap :D
3 minutes of sex does not count as a work out Bill. :D Oh wait, wrong husband....hahahahhahaha I carck myself up. :p

riverbound
01-06-2006, 07:52 AM
3 minutes of sex does not count as a work out Bill. :D Oh wait, wrong husband....hahahahhahaha I carck myself up. :p
LOL :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Well, I made it to the cardiokickboxing for a second night. And I already can see an increase in my energy level. Usually by the afternoon I am dragging ass and need a redbull or monster, but I haven't even thought about caffiene in the PM all week. Down 1 pound, but I'll wait for Monday to verify and be sure. Meeting my friend today to work on that diet. I'm a little nervous, though. She eats a lot of hard-boiled egg whites :yuk: I like hard-boiled eggs, but with a yolk and salt.

Mrs. casean
01-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Well, I made it to the cardiokickboxing for a second night. And I already can see an increase in my energy level. Usually by the afternoon I am dragging ass and need a redbull or monster, but I haven't even thought about caffiene in the PM all week. Down 1 pound, but I'll wait for Monday to verify and be sure. Meeting my friend today to work on that diet. I'm a little nervous, though. She eats a lot of hard-boiled egg whites :yuk: I like hard-boiled eggs, but with a yolk and salt.
You're on a roll Angie! Woohoo! Good luck w/ your diet! I love that pic at the bottom of the puppie! Sooo cute!

BarryMac
01-06-2006, 10:30 AM
I was enjoying this thread last year but fell off the wagon, kinda like Mrs Bordmnj. The start of 2005 I was a heafty 217 by June I was at about 195 and finally hit my goal right before going on vacation over the 4th of July, 190lbs, I hadn't weighed in at 190 since I was in college, a lot of years ago. Anyhow, over the holidays I put a few back on, I started drinking beer a little more then back to the Rum and Diet Cokes, I am back upto about 198. My new goal for 2006 is to be at 185 and firm up a bit.
The hikes sound great, my wife is doing the 2006 Breast Cancer walk here in San Diego so I will definitely get out and walk/hike with her, maybe we can all meet up and do that hike together? Then to breakfast, low-carb of course?

Mrs. casean
01-06-2006, 10:56 AM
I was enjoying this thread last year but fell off the wagon, kinda like Mrs Bordmnj. The start of 2005 I was a heafty 217 by June I was at about 195 and finally hit my goal right before going on vacation over the 4th of July, 190lbs, I hadn't weighed in at 190 since I was in college, a lot of years ago. Anyhow, over the holidays I put a few back on, I started drinking beer a little more then back to the Rum and Diet Cokes, I am back upto about 198. My new goal for 2006 is to be at 185 and firm up a bit.
The hikes sound great, my wife is doing the 2006 Breast Cancer walk here in San Diego so I will definitely get out and walk/hike with her, maybe we can all meet up and do that hike together? Then to breakfast, low-carb of course?
Good luck gjb :D When is the SD walk? I couldn't go to the one here in Temecula. If we're around maybe I'll join you guys! A hike would be great! I was looking on google and found lots of trailer nearby. I'm ready! I hiked to the top of San Jacinto once and back packed once, that was fun! Although you take the tram half way... but the hike to the top from there was a good one!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Ok folks, this is so doable. I just went to Soup Plantation for lunch and actually only ate salad!!! That is quite an accomplishment for me. :rollside:

Mrs. casean
01-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Ok folks, this is so doable. I just went to Soup Plantation for lunch and actually only ate salad!!! That is quite an accomplishment for me. :rollside:
What! No soft serve ice cream & brownis! Right on woman! THat's a challenge going there :) I do love their salads~ good for you!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-06-2006, 03:37 PM
Linds, you are a super good diet cheerleader! Glad you are here!!!! :)

nodigg
01-06-2006, 03:37 PM
What! No soft serve ice cream & brownis! Right on woman! THat's a challenge going there :) I do love their salads~ good for you!
How the heck are you supposed to go to the Soup Plantation and skip the soft serve with al the trimmings???

BarryMac
01-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Good luck gjb :D When is the SD walk? I couldn't go to the one here in Temecula. If we're around maybe I'll join you guys! A hike would be great! I was looking on google and found lots of trailer nearby. I'm ready! I hiked to the top of San Jacinto once and back packed once, that was fun! Although you take the tram half way... but the hike to the top from there was a good one!
The walk is sometime in November, it's the 3-Day, 60 mile, she did it a couple of years ago, she was so good, did the whole thing without a single complaint, I would have been cussing a storm I tell ya...
Lunch for me today was a salad as well and a Diet Coke... Kinda hungry right now, maybe a couple of pieces of cheese when I get home...

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-06-2006, 03:47 PM
How the heck are you supposed to go to the Soup Plantation and skip the soft serve with al the trimmings???
Luckily I don't like icecream. :rollside:

nodigg
01-06-2006, 03:51 PM
3 minutes of sex does not count as a work out Bill. :D
Are you sure? Sounds like rough afternoon to me!

Mrs. casean
01-06-2006, 04:12 PM
That would be my temptation :D

Mrs. casean
01-06-2006, 04:15 PM
The walk is sometime in November, it's the 3-Day, 60 mile, she did it a couple of years ago, she was so good, did the whole thing without a single complaint, I would have been cussing a storm I tell ya...
Lunch for me today was a salad as well and a Diet Coke... Kinda hungry right now, maybe a couple of pieces of cheese when I get home...
Wow, well if I'm around that weekened I'll join her! That's a challenge! I had a salad too! And I've been told that Romaine and Iceburge lettuce tear up your stomach more and gives you more gas and makes you bloat more... so Red Leaf and Spinach is the best. A friend at work goes to a trainer/nutritionist and put her on this diet and told her not to eat those two types... thought I'd pass it on since I'm a salad lover! That's all I have had all week long for lunch! And all I ate for lunches when I was on my diet last time and lost 20 in 3 months :) But it helps that I'm practically a vegitarian now. I love veggies! :rolleyes: :p
Good job gjb!

Miss Managed Assets
01-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Right on peeps. I have 20 left to go (Weight Watchers, calories in /calories out). I lost the first 15 and have maintained it over the holidays and being sick, so ready to start again and hopefully finish this time. Good luck to everyone!!! :rollside:

Miss Managed Assets
01-08-2006, 07:32 PM
How is this in the test forums?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-09-2006, 07:01 AM
How is this in the test forums?
Because there isn't as much activity in the test forums so we won't lose the thread. :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-09-2006, 07:31 AM
So how did everyone do over the weekend? :rollside:
I am pretty proud of myself. Usually weekends are when I completely ruin my weeks efforts. This weekend I was at 3 get togethers and did really good, less than 2 drinks and ate healthy with the exception of some chips and quac. at 2 out of 3. At the 3rd gathering I did have a couple beers and dinner was lasagna so I had no choice but I didn't over eat and I do not feel guilty. Nor did I gain what little I have lost back.
I worked out everyday too.
For some reason I have a different mindset about losing weight and being healthy this time around. I hope it sticks because its working. :p
Rivertoys, I was at the gym both sat and sun at around 9am. Where were you?????? :)

RiverToysJas
01-09-2006, 08:03 AM
Rivertoys, I was at the gym both sat and sun at around 9am. Where were you?????? :)
Doh! :hammerhea Saturday I was working out in the desert tossing my ATC around most of the day. Sunday I was a little sore from riding, but was going to head to gym anyway.....then I started cleaning my garage out and it turned into a bigger workout than I thought it would be. I'll see you there on Saturday though.
The good news is I ate pretty well over the weekend. Took home about half of my Asain Stir Fry from the Shore House Cafe last night ..... where I usually order the "Captains Platter" of all fryed treats. The other good news is my garage is usable again..... :D

Mrs. casean
01-09-2006, 08:27 AM
Morning! I was good all weekend, w/ the exception of a few Vodka & Crystal lights :D Gotta have a little on the weekends! Friday we went to a friends house and she made a "low fat, low carb" version of Italian Chicken w/ green beens and salad. Tasty and "healthy" so I was happy! Then went for my walk/run on Saturday to go get the truck from their house (has to make an excuse to go out and exercise). Then we went to Outback for dinner... I was the good one! I got the Salmon w/ veggies... it was my night off for eating good, but wanted to eat something good to some extent anyways. And I had some wine... besides the alcohol... I did good :D So then yesterday we ran errands and I washed my quad and picked up around the house and made a pasta bake w/ low fat ricatta and cheese, so besides the pasta, it was not bad. Darn Pasta! We also went to Sam's Club to stock up on lots of tasty healthy foods for the week and for our Glamis weekend comming up... that's gonna be the super tough one! I need to bring "healthy" snacks cuz I'm a snacker when I'm out there :rolleyes: we'll see. Well LINDA it sounds like you did a good this weekend! That's the hardest part I think :yuk:
So a good weekend for me. Now I'm just at my desk eating Low Fat Cottage Cheese and an apple for breakfast. mmmmmm..... :rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-09-2006, 09:04 AM
I only did fair this weekend. My doggone mom sent home snickerdoodles. I can't stay away from them. I had 3 yesterday. But then some friends came over with their teenagers and I got rid of all of them but 2. Hopefully they will last until my kids get home from school. I'm trying to eat the hardboiled eggs (sometimes just the whites) and fruit for snacks. And smaller portioned meals. I LOVE BREAD!!! :cry: I also had a couple of cosmos with light cranberry juice yesterday. bad, I know. I LOVE VODKA!!! :cry:
Jeff and I sat in a stupid seminar Sat. morning, then went for lunch at BJ's where I had a 1/2 cheeseburger (left much of the bread at the end) and only about 1/2 dozen of the fries, but I did indulge in the strawberry lemonade. Don't know how much sugar was in that, but it was delicious! Then we walked it off going around the auto center and window shopping. Hope that helped.
Headed for the gym. Glad to hear everyone did so well this weekend. Weekends are tough!

BarryMac
01-09-2006, 09:12 AM
I did pretty darn good this weekend if I do say so myself, ate two healthy breakfasts, light lunches and dinners, I had only 1/2 a beer which was really hard since I was cleaning my garage all day Saturday and snacked on Soy Beans during the Football games yesterday, all and all I would say it was a succesful weekend, hopefully the will power will keep strong for the remainder of the year... :D :D

Mrs. casean
01-09-2006, 09:18 AM
Alcohol and bread seems to be all our weaknesses :cry:

Mandelon
01-09-2006, 09:29 AM
Every day post what you've eaten and done for exercise. EVERY day. If you have to fess up, it might keep you from cheating.
Man-->breakfast was oatmeal with some raisins afer a 6:00 am walk/jog<-----delon

BarryMac
01-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Every day post what you've eaten and done for exercise. EVERY day. If you have to fess up, it might keep you from cheating.
Great Idea, Breakfast at 6am was a banana and coffee, just had my 9am snack of one hard boiled egg and an apple, will snack on some more Soy beans between now and Lunch with a water chaser... :D
One mile walk right before lunch today... :D

Mrs. casean
01-09-2006, 09:44 AM
Man-->breakfast was oatmeal with some raisins afer a 6:00 am walk/jog<-----delon
Good idea... the truth hurts sometimes when spoken :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-09-2006, 10:02 AM
good idea Mandy. A public food diary is way more effective.
01/09/06
Breakfast: a grilled turkey patty with a fat free cheese slice
Snack: I am about to have some pepper jack cheese cubes.
Lunch is going to be a yummy salad with my new favorite, feta! Yum!!!
Dinner: chicken and shrimp fajitas. Had one corn tortilla, no beans, no rice. :)
Water, water and more water. :boxed:

Mrs. casean
01-09-2006, 10:12 AM
So far today, 1.5 :coffeycup
1/2 cup of Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 Gala Apple
1 bottle of water...
Lunch will be a small salad from home w/ Romaine and Spinach, 5 cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, chicken, and onion. W/ my FF Garlic & Cheese Dressing (Best dressing IMO)... Bernsteins's brand.

Mandelon
01-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Remember that proteins, meat and cheese for instance, for breakfast will keep you fuller longer and cut down on cravings for snacky foods like chips or cookies.

C-2
01-09-2006, 03:11 PM
I was on a beer binge Saturday night....but really didn't eat that much the entire weekend so I got away with it. Gotta stop it though.
Down 4lbs. this week, so off to an o.k. start.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-09-2006, 04:22 PM
Okay
Boysenberry Yoplait
Small bowl of honey nut chex
Rubios grilled chicken taco (one)
original size Jamba Juice (a lower calorie one) with a protien boost and
energy boost
Hardboiled egg for a snack
Dinner plans:
Tri-tip and veggies
no starch or bread for me
12 oz. non-fat milk
water

Miss Managed Assets
01-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Great! Just checking.
Because there isn't as much activity in the test forums so we won't lose the thread. :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-10-2006, 07:34 AM
So I am down a whopping 3 pounds. Not too shabby for a weeks efforts. I am definately not complaining. :)
Todays menu: pretty similiar to yesterday
Breakfast: grilled turkey patty with fat free cheese slice.
Snack: not sure what I have here at the office.
Lunch: salad with feta and maybe some tomato soup
Dinner: No idea yet.
Tonight is a gym night too. :p

Mrs. casean
01-10-2006, 08:14 AM
Last nights dinner-tofu sautee since the Hubby was out of town... I could make something he normally wouldn't eat :D
Right now I'm eating 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, water and my Starbucks...NONFAT ofcourse and no whip. Today is my lowfat pasta left overs and 2 ricecakes for a snack and an apple for another snack.
I've go to run to the store tonight so I dont' know what I'll have for dinner... on my own again :rolleyes: At least he comes home tonight :D

riverbound
01-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Dinner: No idea yet.
Tonight is a gym night too. :p
Tonight we are going to ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI. :D

riverbound
01-10-2006, 08:18 AM
Yesterday I had Mc donalds 10 piece nugget meal, French Fries and a Sprite. Dinner was Hamburger Helper with an ice cold Coors Light (diet beer)
This morning I was a little better. I had a MetRx shake for breakfast. Also started back up on taking my vitamins and drinking a LOT of water.

Mrs. casean
01-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Damn Bill! You know how to diet :D This morning sounds a little better :p

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Yesterday I had Mc donalds 10 piece nugget meal, French Fries and a Sprite. Dinner was Hamburger Helper with an ice cold Coors Light (diet beer)
This morning I was a little better. I had a MetRx shake for breakfast. Also started back up on taking my vitamins and drinking a LOT of water.
Diet beer! LOL! What a great way to look at it.
Your menu for yesterday is making me drool. You know I love me some hamburger helper! :rollside:
Hey Linds, tofu sautee sounds awesome! I LOVE tofu but Jason won't eat it. :rollside:

BarryMac
01-10-2006, 08:28 AM
Dinner last night was a grilled chicken breast, salad and cottage cheese with a Diet Pepsi. Today I will eat an apple and small amount of cottage cheese for breakfast, a small chicken salad and orange for lunch and for dinner my wife made chicken pasole (sp), I drink probably 4 .5 liter bottles of water throughout the day as well. For in between snacks I have more Soy beans, there actually pretty good...

riverbound
01-10-2006, 08:33 AM
Damn Bill! You know how to diet :D This morning sounds a little better :p
Actually that is a big step for me.......previously I would have a chilidog, sausage Mc Muffin, and a Monster Energy drink every morning for breakfast. Figured I would do baaby steps :D
BTW.....I will NEVER eat Tofu :yuk: I would rather just spend more tiem in the gym :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-10-2006, 08:34 AM
I don't know what I'm eating today yet. I'll let you know when I'm closer to the end. :D I do know that I'm making stroganoff for dinner, though, so I'll have to be careful with that. Maybe have an apple and a couple of eggwhites or something before dinner.

Mrs. casean
01-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Actually that is a big step for me.......previously I would have a chilidog, sausage Mc Muffin, and a Monster Energy drink every morning for breakfast. Figured I would do baaby steps :D
BTW.....I will NEVER eat Tofu :yuk: I would rather just spend more tiem in the gym :D
hahaha! Tofu just has to be cooked right to like it :p I know it's not the food of choice for most :D That's why I made it last night while Sean was out of town! :rollside: Well sounds like you're doing good then! Baby steps are sometimes the best way to go! Good luck Bill! (I'll make sure to bring tofu snacks to Glamis when we go hahaha!~ Kidding ofcourse!)

riverbound
01-10-2006, 08:55 AM
hahaha! Tofu just has to be cooked right to like it :p I know it's not the food of choice for most :D That's why I made it last night while Sean was out of town! :rollside: Well sounds like you're doing good then! Baby steps are sometimes the best way to go! Good luck Bill! (I'll make sure to bring tofu snacks to Glamis when we go hahaha!~ Kidding ofcourse!)
I'll bring the chips and beer. :D riding is a workout so I can cheat :D
Unless I only drive around in the Rhino...then its no workout at all :(

Mrs. casean
01-10-2006, 08:59 AM
I'll bring the chips and beer. :D riding is a workout so I can cheat :D
Unless I only drive around in the Rhino...then its no workout at all :(
Trust me! When we go to the desert, the good snacks come out! You always need chips & salsa, guac, bagel bites etc... at the desert :D Beer and healthy food dont' mix :D We just have to be extra good during the week before and extra :D :p

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-10-2006, 05:55 PM
No cardio kickboxing tonight. Sensei's teaching because his wife is out of town. I'm not in the mood for that kind of punishment. :D
Today I ate:
Low Sugar instant oatmeal
Hard Boiled Egg
Apple
Coffee
Egg White
Low sugar Cranberry Juice
Small portion of Stroganoff

Mandelon
01-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Breakfast.......nothing
went to gym
snack...........nothing
lunch...........can of tuna
snack..........handful of wasabi peas
dinner.........dinner salad with asian dressing and some chicken
1/2 glass of non fat milk, 1/2 glass of red wine.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-10-2006, 08:25 PM
Breakfast.......nothing
went to gym
snack...........nothing
lunch...........can of tuna
snack..........handful of wasabi peas
dinner.........dinner salad with asian dressing and some chicken
1/2 glass of non fat milk, 1/2 glass of red wine.
Are you serious?? Aren't you worried your metabolism is going to slow up to make up for the lack of food? I've been told that happens, and that is what happened to me last year. I am working up to 5-6 small meals, or snacks a day, lots of protein, some cardio and lots of muscle building, to increase my metabolism, so that my body works harder to burn the calories on it's own.

Mrs. casean
01-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Are you serious?? Aren't you worried your metabolism is going to slow up to make up for the lack of food? I've been told that happens, and that is what happened to me last year. I am working up to 5-6 small meals, or snacks a day, lots of protein, some cardio and lots of muscle building, to increase my metabolism, so that my body works harder to burn the calories on it's own.
Same here! I already listed my breakfast, snack and lunch. For dinner I made me some fresh grean beans w/ garlic w/ Talipia fish... and it was tasty! Made my lunch (salad w/ chicken breasts pieces) and prepared my snacks for tomorrow at work. I'm ready for the day! I have to be good all week becuase I know I won't be so good in Glamsi this weekend :rolleyes: :p

C-2
01-10-2006, 09:03 PM
I'm with Mande:
Nothing for breakfast (have never eaten breakfast, ever)
Lunch - Salad w/Tuna, non fat dressing, veggies, split w/wifey (est. 150 cals)
Snack - 1/2 package of dried mango's (80 cals)
Couple pieces of Tamarind rind (Phillipine style candy I think) (est. 60-90 cals)
Dinner - Mixed bean soup/Jasmine rice (est. 300 cals - all good cals though)
Couple of diet Pepsi's and lotsa water. Below a 600 cal intake and not that hard. Now we need to make time to excercise!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-11-2006, 07:55 AM
Ok seriously C-2, a 600 calorie intake cannot be healthy?!?!?!? I can understand the desire to lose the weight but what happens after you have lost the weight? Can you really continue to live off of 600 calories a day for ever? Don't get me wrong, kudos to you for having the willpower and drive to keep it up and I know you lost alot last year with the same tactics but is it healthy is my only concern.
Man, I am trying to keep my calorie intake below 1400. :cry:
Oh and I am going to confess that I did not make it the gym last night. Riverbound made us go out for sushi instead. :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-11-2006, 08:11 AM
Sushi is diet friendly, right? Full of protein, very little fat (as long as you stayed away from the avocado Calif. rolls). Gym today though, right Linda? :p
I'm headed for the gym right now, after I feed the pups.
Breakfast was a small bowl of cereal and an egg white. . . and coffee. :D Oh, and I did have one bad cookie yesterday that I conveniently forgot about :rolleyes:

Mrs. casean
01-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Sushi is diet friendly, right? Full of protein, very little fat (as long as you stayed away from the avocado Calif. rolls). Gym today though, right Linda? :p
I'm headed for the gym right now, after I feed the pups.
Breakfast was a small bowl of cereal and an egg white. . . and coffee. :D Oh, and I did have one bad cookie yesterday that I conveniently forgot about :rolleyes:
In my latest Self Magazine, it said if you're going to eat sushi, you should eat the sushimi rather than the rolls. They have lots of carbs and sodium. But damn they are SOOOOOO Yummy :D I love the rolls!!
Coffee and a cup of my high fiber cereal dry and water is what I have on the list so far :D

BarryMac
01-11-2006, 09:09 AM
Sushi is diet friendly, right? Full of protein, very little fat (as long as you stayed away from the avocado Calif. rolls).
Sushi isn't really diet friendly, the Rice will kill you every time, it is loaded with Carbs, if you looking for a low carb lifestyle Sushi is a definite No No...

RiverToysJas
01-11-2006, 09:18 AM
Sushi is diet friendly, right?
6 cups cooked Sushi Rice contains about 2 tbsp of sugar, on average, depending on the recipe. White, short grain rice itself is pretty much a straight carb also, so overall the rice portion is pretty carb heavy. As with anything....moderation...and balance the carbs with fiber.

RiverToysJas
01-11-2006, 09:28 AM
Here's a good website for nutrition data. (http://www.nutritiondata.com/) It's includes most fast food too......even In-and-Out....though you might not want to look.
.....and I thought I was being good by ordering the Classic Chicken Burrito at Del Taco. :rolleyes:

Mrs. casean
01-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Here's a good website for nutrition data. (http://www.nutritiondata.com/) It's includes most fast food too......even In-and-Out....though you might not want to look.
.....and I thought I was being good by ordering the Classic Chicken Burrito at Del Taco. :rolleyes:
Good website! Pretty much states the same things we've been saying around here, smaller, more frequent meals a day is key :D Most of us are doing it right I think :D That nutritional info on the fast food places is great! We always stop for FF on the way to the river, if I don't pick up Subway on the way home from work. Now I can plan where we can stop :rolleyes: :p

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-11-2006, 09:41 AM
:cry: :cry: I know the rice was just pure carbs but sushi is so yummy! :cry: :cry:
I had some eggs with shroomies this morning and not sure about lunch yet. Probably salad.
And the gym tonight FOR SURE!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside:

Mrs. casean
01-11-2006, 09:46 AM
I forgot my salad dressing at home today, so I'm joing some friends at work to celebrate a birthday at Fishhouse Vera Cruse :D So I'll get fish w/ steamed veggies and salad w/ lowfat or FF dressing... now the breat :cry: We better not let them bring us any. :p

C-2
01-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Ok seriously C-2, a 600 calorie intake cannot be healthy?!?!?!? I can understand the desire to lose the weight but what happens after you have lost the weight? Can you really continue to live off of 600 calories a day for ever? Don't get me wrong, kudos to you for having the willpower and drive to keep it up and I know you lost alot last year with the same tactics but is it healthy is my only concern.
Man, I am trying to keep my calorie intake below 1400. :cry:
Oh and I am going to confess that I did not make it the gym last night. Riverbound made us go out for sushi instead. :D
Right now we are cutting weight and taking in minimal calories. It works effectively for us and my sister in-law, who is a Nutritionist by profession, sez thumbs up. She also sez drastic weight loss being unhealthy is not necessarily true; people who gain weight back quickly do so because they return to their unhealthy eating habits.
After we lose the weight, we will continue with a healthier lifestyle, mainly eliminating fast food, fat-filled snacks and other convenient but fattening foods.
Does this mean we starve ourselves or order salads only when we go out to dinner? No, we eat whatever we like when we go out with friends or boating – but are still mindful of excessive portions and fattening food. After all, who wants to gain back anything after working so hard to lose it?
We’re not scared of carbs! Nobody can escape them. Counting calories is nothing new and works. I’m down 30lbs from last year (currently at 190 on 5’10”), and would have been down even more if I hadn’t gone on a Jack in the Box, taco eating, beer drinking binge!
:)

C-2
01-11-2006, 10:53 AM
And I also wrestled at 99lbs in highschool (cuz the guy at 101 kicked my arse). To maintain that weight, I would do 200-500 cals the entire wrestling season, which included turkey day and x-mas. Sucked, but it's possible!

Mrs. casean
01-11-2006, 10:56 AM
Just turned in my Gym Application~ if we get 10 employees to join we get a discounted rate... so we did it! So hopefully I can start going next week! That's been my downfall. I get home when it's dark so I can't go for my walks/runs outside in the dark and I didn't have a gym membership so this will finally kick start it. Sensible eating only takes you so far. So FINALLY I can get my exercise in! Angie, I'm still up to a walk/hike whenever we're free on a weekend!

Flashover
01-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Here's my story.
I woke up one day to discover I had a huge gut and was about 30 lbs over weight. :idea:
I was working out but I stepped up the cardio. ... then I stepped it up more. ... and more.
It didn't help a lot.
Then, I discovered that, in order to burn fat, the correct course of action is a less strenuous cardio workout. By keeping it light with a heart rate goal of about 118 (for me weight and age), I was able to start making some progress on the weight.
... so I walked... and sawed away on the elliptical at the gym...
... and the weight started falling off.
All the while, I was trying to eat sensibly. I was trying to focus on good nutrition, but not paying much attention to callories. Basically, my goal was to consume 85g of protein per day and try to get a decent intake of vegetables and fruit.
... and the weight kept falling off.
... and then I hit my goal weight... 200.
... and the weight kept falling off...
Now, I'm below my goal. I can't stop going for walks and using the elliptical because I'm addicted to that stuff. Also, it grosses me out to eat sugar, drink pop, or consume junk food of various kinds.
I don't know where this ends but, once in the zone, it's clear that weight can really fall off at a pretty good rate. What's more, it's a terrific lifestyle.
Brown; Now you need to mix in some weight lifting and you will look like a sculpted addonis... Great job. it feels good to see the results of all that hard work. :crossx: :crossx:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-12-2006, 09:42 AM
Just turned in my Gym Application~ if we get 10 employees to join we get a discounted rate... so we did it! So hopefully I can start going next week! That's been my downfall. I get home when it's dark so I can't go for my walks/runs outside in the dark and I didn't have a gym membership so this will finally kick start it. Sensible eating only takes you so far. So FINALLY I can get my exercise in! Angie, I'm still up to a walk/hike whenever we're free on a weekend!
Where did you get your membership at? I'm all the way on the other side of town at LA fitness.
Are you working Monday?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Too bad we don't live closer because I belong to LA Fitness too. :rollside:
So, my menu today is as follows:
Breakfast- a bowl of Special K. GROSS! I am not a big fan of cereal.
Snack- A slice of jack cheese
Lunch - Left over roast with a tomato/cucumber salad.
Dinner - Not sure, the cupboards are bare, I need to go grocery shopping.
How is everyone else doing? I am only down 3 pounds. Slow start but it still counts. :rollside:

Ms. AquaBoogie1
01-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Ok guys, you can count me in again this year. I was pretty successful last year, down 35 lbs. However I managed to gain it all back and then some. I just joined Weight Watchers last night and just started it this morning. I need to lose 62.6#!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I can't believe it. Doug and I are getting married so this time that is my motivation(along with tired of being the "big girl"). This forum really helped my stay accountable last year, so Linda I'm glad you started a new one for this year. Did you guys watch the Biggest Looser last night? That chick was down 25# in two weeks, that's awsome, I want to know their secrets. Well I stared this morning with ff yogurt, 1/4 c. egg beaters, 1 slice of turkey bacon, 2 c. water and 1 c. coffee. I need to wait on the excersise part for at least another week, just recently had a miscarriage, so the doc says no until I go back to him :rolleyes: Oh well, as long as I am eating okay, that's a good start. I think this year we need to start posting some pics, if we all don't feel comfortable posting before, we can post "during and after". I like to see pics, it's good motivation. Anyway, now that I've written a story, it's good to see you guys again this year, and I know we can all do it!!!!!!! :p

Mrs. casean
01-12-2006, 11:00 AM
Where did you get your membership at? I'm all the way on the other side of town at LA fitness.
Are you working Monday?
If LA Fitness was cheaper I'd join there. My work set up a joint membership w/ one of our customer who is a Doctor and has created a small gym and is giving us a discount. I forget the name actually, but it's somewhere near the Temecula DMV.

Foxy..
01-12-2006, 11:20 AM
I'm supporting you Linne!!
But do not listen to a word of advise from me - :p
Love you!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-12-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok guys, you can count me in again this year. I was pretty successful last year, down 35 lbs. However I managed to gain it all back and then some. I just joined Weight Watchers last night and just started it this morning. I need to lose 62.6#!!!!!!!!!! Damn, I can't believe it. Doug and I are getting married so this time that is my motivation(along with tired of being the "big girl"). This forum really helped my stay accountable last year, so Linda I'm glad you started a new one for this year. Did you guys watch the Biggest Looser last night? That chick was down 25# in two weeks, that's awsome, I want to know their secrets. Well I stared this morning with ff yogurt, 1/4 c. egg beaters, 1 slice of turkey bacon, 2 c. water and 1 c. coffee. I need to wait on the excersise part for at least another week, just recently had a miscarriage, so the doc says no until I go back to him :rolleyes: Oh well, as long as I am eating okay, that's a good start. I think this year we need to start posting some pics, if we all don't feel comfortable posting before, we can post "during and after". I like to see pics, it's good motivation. Anyway, now that I've written a story, it's good to see you guys again this year, and I know we can all do it!!!!!!! :p
Welcome back, I have missed you! I think we did awesome supporting each other last year. Lets give it a go again!!!! :rollside:
Sorry to hear about the loss of your baby. Maybe timing just wasn't right. :(
And thanks for your support Foxy. You and your skinny ass. :yuk: :p :) j/k, you know I love you.

Mrs. casean
01-12-2006, 01:46 PM
I sure did watch Biggest Loser! That show is such great motivation. Those people worked hard and look at that success! I was so happy for both couples but the couple that won! I love that show! Well I'm glad you're here too! All the encouragement we can give and receive is great!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-12-2006, 09:54 PM
Ow!
My chest is sore. :jawdrop: Guess I'll do a lower body session tomorrow. :rolleyes:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Woo-Hoo! Down 2.5 pounds so far!

Mandelon
01-13-2006, 10:57 AM
MIssed the gym this am, but did go yesterday morning. Walked 9 holes of golf last night....of course had a couple of beers though... :rolleyes:
Food yesterday.
Breakfast banana and a yogurt.
snack turkey meat
lunch tuna
snack tangerine handful of party mix
dinner, salmon and broccoli
after golf.....In n Out cheeseburger ( doh! )
Today.
Breakfast Oatmeal
Snack Sirimi, that fake crab fish product.
lunch tuna, banana, yougurt
snack tangerine
dinner going out, will get seafood and pasta
I can go all day without eating sometimes, but I know its not healthy. Trying to cut out soda, and beer. Except for binge drinking of course.... :p
Made it to the gym or jog/walking so far every day this week....

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-13-2006, 04:34 PM
So I made it to cardio/kickboxing last night and the gym for weights today.
Today's menu was:
fat free yogurt
3 egg whites and one whole egg
snack
mini bagel w/tsp of butter
4 dried apricots
chicken salad w/lowfat ranch dressing
orange
dinner will be baked chicken (1/2 boneless skinless breast)
cauli and broc mix
small glass of fat free milk
Feelin pretty good right now, but I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to fit working out into my schedule when I go back to school on Tuesday. School is from 8:45-3:15 M-F. I leave here at 7:30 and get home around 4:15 in time to drive the kiddies to Karate or boy scouts (which they have every day right now).
I think I'm going to try to keep up with the kickboxing and squeeze in at least one 4 am morning at the gym, which will get me back home by 6 to get the kids ready for school. Hope it can work out that way. I couldn't do it last semester, and I ended up gaining 10 pounds. :yuk:

Mandelon
01-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Eating less isn't that hard. After a few days, big portions just make you feel gross if you eat them.

RiverToysJas
01-14-2006, 08:13 AM
I weighed in today (saturday is my "official weigh in day").....5 pounds lighter!!! I'm pleased so far.....but this is just the start.
Linda, I'll be at the gym by 09:00 today!!!

C-2
01-14-2006, 08:27 AM
Eating less isn't that hard. After a few days, big portions just make you feel gross if you eat them.
I agree. It's more habit than anything.
Thus far it's going pretty easy, looking forward to a Monday weigh-in.

RiverToysJas
01-14-2006, 08:33 AM
If I've been over-eating for a few days or a while, I have to fast for about 24hours to break the cycle/habit. Seems after that, I can get control of my appitite again.....THEN...my experience is like you say! ;)

Mandelon
01-14-2006, 09:39 AM
We went out last night to this old school Italian restaurant. The Manhattan in La Jolla. They sing at your table and all the waiters speak Italian. After my salad and a piece of bread I could barely eat 1/3 of my seafood pasta.
It'll make a nice lunch today....... :cool: Today was bad, the kids made cinnamon rolls...Mmmmmm and bacon. I had to indulge. :rollside:

Tom Brown
01-14-2006, 01:28 PM
... so some things happen in my life and I find myself not eating quite as well as I used to. I'm still eating well but over Christmas found myself eating pizza and a couple of other things I would normally not eat. No soda or candy, though.
... also, I've only worked out twice in the last three weeks.
... and I'm still down 6 more pounds.
Sorry. :D :D :D

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-14-2006, 02:13 PM
Have I told you lately that you suck?

Mandelon
01-14-2006, 04:25 PM
Wow Tom you must have really been fat to lose so much weight. :crossx:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-16-2006, 08:35 AM
I weighed in today (saturday is my "official weigh in day").....5 pounds lighter!!! I'm pleased so far.....but this is just the start.
Linda, I'll be at the gym by 09:00 today!!!
Hey Jas, it was fun chatting while treadmilling on saturday. I didn't make it to the gym on sunday though. I bearly made it out of the house. :rolleyes:
So somehow I am down 6 pounds. And I was really bad this weekend. Maybe the exercise is making more of a difference than what I am eating.
So bad to being good today. Had some tomato soup for breakfast. Lunch will be a salad and who knows about dinner. :rollside:
How was everyone else's weekend? :boxed:

RiverToysJas
01-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Good chatting with you Linda, you're looking great. I kinda had a feeling you weren't going to make it on Sunday. ;) No biggie!
We went to kids birthday party on Sunday afternoon, at Chuck E Cheese! I had not planned to drink beer, but found it was necesary to deal with the atmophere at that place! ;) I did stick to the veggie pizza though, and had some decent Chinesse with more veggies for dinner. So I'm not doing terrible....
I have officially dropped the "No red meat" thing though. I gotta have beef and brocolli!!!! ......not to mention an occational cheeseburger in paradise!!! :D

C-2
01-16-2006, 08:55 AM
During the week we did really good, 600-800 cals was no sweat, not hungry. Have pretty much eliminated snacking during the evening (even though I was munching on 100 cal popcorn bags, celery, carrots, cucumbers, still a bad habit to fall into).
Sunday is our free day, so we went to Claim Jumper (yeah, grandma had the toddler!). Appetizer salad and mini BBQ chicken pizza, 2 pints of beer. Decided the micro stuff on tap there sux ass - always has a sour taste.
Down a total of 10 lbs., weighed in this morning at 185. Supposed to start walking tonight. Saw this thing called a 12lb. jump roap - I bet that thing can kick your arse, will have to find one.
Does anybody else watch celebrity fit challenge on VH1?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-16-2006, 09:02 AM
I have been watching Celebrity Fit Challenge. I like that show. Its not quite as motivating as The Biggest Loser but its entertaining. :rollside:

Mrs. casean
01-16-2006, 09:18 AM
I have been watching Celebrity Fit Challenge. I like that show. Its not quite as motivating as The Biggest Loser but its entertaining. :rollside:
I watch both! They are both great for motivation :D Well I faced the facts today and put my butt on the scale :rolleyes: I totally thought I gained at least 10 pounds over the past few month... it was only 5! Pfew! So That's easy to get back to the original weight I was last summer, so from here out, my goal is 20 pounds... I can do it! I'd be back to my high school weight and happy as can be! My high school reunion is this Sept... gotta look good right :D So I've said my goal outloud now... I gotta make it happen! I start the gym this week! Today, I am eating egg beaters w/ mushrooms and onions scrambled in it and coffee so far. My exercise:
Clean our 26' enclosed trailer all by myself and clean my quad and golf cart. So I'll be getting my upper body work out for sure! Tomorrow it's on at the gym :D Thanks for all your motivation! You guys are doing awesome!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-16-2006, 10:50 AM
I'm happy that my weight stayed the same from Friday to Monday. Whew!! I slipped a little on Saturday also. (damn Irish Coffees!!) I also made Fried Chicken that night for dinner, but I only had 1/3 of a breast (Those things were double Ds!!! ) So in spite of that, I did not gain. I worked in the yard yesterday, stacking firewood. And got to the gym fairly early this morning for a good long workout. I won't be able to attend the cardio/kickboxing either day this week due to meetings regarding our emminent domain issue, but I plan on being back next week. I'll have to slip in a couple of 4ams at the gym to make up for it
I'll be like this in class: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_23.gif

C-2
01-16-2006, 04:36 PM
Irish Coffees!!) I also made Fried Chicken that night for dinner
Man oh man, my favorite. Homemade Fried Chicken.
DAMN YOU!!!!

C-2
01-16-2006, 05:39 PM
So what do you guys think on Celebrity Fit - it looks like these celebs are really sincere about losing weight.
Ole' Harvey is mr nice guy on this cast....I WANNA SEE SOME YELLING!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-17-2006, 07:19 AM
So what do you guys think on Celebrity Fit - it looks like these celebs are really sincere about losing weight.
Ole' Harvey is mr nice guy on this cast....I WANNA SEE SOME YELLING!!!
I noticed that too, that Harvey is being nice. Although I think he is being nice to the ones he sees are sincerely trying. The girl from the Cosby show is a little snot and gets on my nerves. He needs to be yelling at her. :rollside:

C-2
01-17-2006, 09:42 AM
I noticed that too, that Harvey is being nice. Although I think he is being nice to the ones he sees are sincerely trying. The girl from the Cosby show is a little snot and gets on my nerves. He needs to be yelling at her. :rollside:
She does have an unnecessary tude. She carries her weight well.
You just gotta feel bad for Chastity and Bruce - they both seem like they are really trying, it's just their bodies are so whacked, some tasks seem impossible.

C-2
01-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Damnit, heard on the news that too many diet drinks may impair your memory and brain function. Something like that, I forget..... :220v: :rollside: :220v:

Mrs. casean
01-17-2006, 09:59 AM
She does have an unnecessary tude. She carries her weight well.
You just gotta feel bad for Chastity and Bruce - they both seem like they are really trying, it's just their bodies are so whacked, some tasks seem impossible.
I agree on everything you said! She carries her wieght well for sure! But I can tell the other two are really trying... and they need to. I'm rooting for them :D Kelly Lebrock is trying hard too!

Mandelon
01-17-2006, 01:19 PM
I am weak................I came home for lunch and had tuna and fruit for lunch.....then I spotted the Hershey bar in the pantry....doh :cry: :cry: :cry:

BarryMac
01-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Salad and a small cup of Chicken Tortilla soup... Didn't have a chance to walk today before lunch, to freaking busy, but tomorrow I get to play a little Golf so I will walk the course as much as possible...

pixilatedpussy
01-17-2006, 01:33 PM
So I have been going to the gym 4 days a week at 5:30 am & eating good....still no progress! WTF??? :mad:

Mrs. casean
01-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Small bowl of left over taco salad from last night was my lunch :D Tasty!! I start the gym tonight!

OnlyMoney
01-17-2006, 02:32 PM
OK Linds, Linda, Jas and everyone else. I'm in on this one! I've been at my weight for more than 4 years now, but it's not what I want. I think the fact that I've bought a crapload of new clothes over the past two years is what makes me not stick to this stuff. What do I do if I lose the weight? I figure I'll only lose a few and get fit, so it may not be that big of a difference. But on the other hand, I'll look better in them! :)
So, here I am. 15 pounds would work, 20 would be great and if I could just find a way to make myself use my home gym (yes, we have EVERYTHING in there) instead of letting it collect dust. I know I have no excuses.
Good job everyone...hopefully I'll be able to hear the same.

Mrs. casean
01-17-2006, 02:41 PM
OK Linds, Linda, Jas and everyone else. I'm in on this one! I've been at my weight for more than 4 years now, but it's not what I want. I think the fact that I've bought a crapload of new clothes over the past two years is what makes me not stick to this stuff. What do I do if I lose the weight? I figure I'll only lose a few and get fit, so it may not be that big of a difference. But on the other hand, I'll look better in them! :)
So, here I am. 15 pounds would work, 20 would be great and if I could just find a way to make myself use my home gym (yes, we have EVERYTHING in there) instead of letting it collect dust. I know I have no excuses.
Good job everyone...hopefully I'll be able to hear the same.
Good luck! I'm sure you will do it! Any difference is a big difference to ourselves.

OnlyMoney
01-17-2006, 02:49 PM
Good luck! I'm sure you will do it! Any difference is a big difference to ourselves.
Thanks! And have a good workout at the gym tonight. I miss that atmosphere. Oh BTW, I'm originally from Temecula. Love the Fishouse Vera Cruz and their jalapeno ranch dressing. Oh, there's not place like home. I'll give an update tomorrow....gotta go get in the mindset.

Mrs. casean
01-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Thanks! And have a good workout at the gym tonight. I miss that atmosphere. Oh BTW, I'm originally from Temecula. Love the Fishouse Vera Cruz and their jalapeno ranch dressing. Oh, there's not place like home. I'll give an update tomorrow....gotta go get in the mindset.
I love Fishouse! I was just there last Thursday! Tasty!!! Well best of luck to you! I normally don't like doing the gym thing, but it's dark when I get home so I need some place to work out at :D Just gotta get back into the routine again... like you said... a mindset! :)

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Hey guys! Man, work has been crazy so I haven't been able to keep up with everyone!
I have not been doing so good. I am still down 6 pounds but I have not been very committed in exercising everyday and eating 100% healthy. I fell off the wagon saturday night at my company party and here we are at wendesday already and I am just now climbing back on the wagon. :cry:
So today, I have a HR seminar at which they have bagels and donuts and all that crap so I will opt for the fruit only. Lunch will be probably salad or some left over sitrfry I made and dinner is going to be leftover carnitas I made last night. I MUST get my large rear end to the gym tonight. I don't care how crowded it is, I don't care how tired I am. I have to do it.
You are all doing awesome and welcome Only Money.
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs. casean
01-18-2006, 08:18 AM
Hey guys! Man, work has been crazy so I haven't been able to keep up with everyone!
I have not been doing so good. I am still down 6 pounds but I have not been very committed in exercising everyday and eating 100% healthy. I fell off the wagon saturday night at my company party and here we are at wendesday already and I am just now climbing back on the wagon. :cry:
So today, I have a HR seminar at which they have bagels and donuts and all that crap so I will opt for the fruit only. Lunch will be probably salad or some left over sitrfry I made and dinner is going to be leftover carnitas I made last night. I MUST get my large rear end to the gym tonight. I don't care how crowded it is, I don't care how tired I am. I have to do it.
You are all doing awesome and welcome Only Money.
WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Linda don't stress yourself... you will make it! It's a hard thing to do and stay committed w/ our social lives, work, family gatherings.... you're doing great! 6 pounds is a great start! Keep it up woman :D

OnlyMoney
01-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Linda, it sounds like you're in a good mindset. Keep it up!
I on the other hand didn't work out last night. I forgot that Microderm doesn't allow for sweat within 24 hours, so it's on tonight. I guess I could have done Pilates, but I was home way too late to do that. So, tonight I'm going to do some cardio and maybe the 20-min. Pilates I've got. It helps that my man is gone, so I can do what I want for dinner and such.
What's this talk about less cardio? Does that mean more weights stuff? Clue me in here.
Shelby

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-19-2006, 06:14 AM
Since I can't go to Cardio this week, I got my bag and work clothes all ready for my 4 am gym trip last night. I made sure all of my shower supplies were in there, hairbrush, work shoes, makeup, towel, etc. Set my alarm clock for 3:30 and went to bed. Jeff wakes me up this morning and says, "It's 4:30 Angie." That's when his alarm goes off. CRAP!! I can't go that late and be back in time to get the kids ready and feed the pups. Looks like tomorrow. :rolleyes: I'll just go do my crunches. The last day I worked out was Monday :yuk:
Linds, how did your gym experience go??

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-19-2006, 07:14 AM
Linda, it sounds like you're in a good mindset. Keep it up!
I on the other hand didn't work out last night. I forgot that Microderm doesn't allow for sweat within 24 hours, so it's on tonight. I guess I could have done Pilates, but I was home way too late to do that. So, tonight I'm going to do some cardio and maybe the 20-min. Pilates I've got. It helps that my man is gone, so I can do what I want for dinner and such.
What's this talk about less cardio? Does that mean more weights stuff? Clue me in here.
Shelby
The personal trainers at my gym said doing less cardio and more strength and weights and you will drop more weight. They used this guy that works out there as an example. I see this guy EVERYTIME I go to the gym. He is in every areobics class, probably takes 4 classes a day, everyday. Anyways, this guys body looks like a marshmallow. The trainer said while his heart is healthy, physically he looks like a lard butt because doing too much cardio starts to burn muscle instead of fat. Some correct me if I am wrong on this.
Anyways, the trainer says to do cardio 3-4 times a week and do things like pilates, yoga, weights 5-6 times a week. I would love to say that I have tried it and it works but I am having a tough time sticking to my guns here. :cry:
Its only the 3rd week and I have already strayed from keeping my food diary. Re-starting that today. That is a huge help for me.
Anyways, here I go chugging along.
Linda <-------- not feeling motivated. :(

NOTALENT
01-19-2006, 08:10 AM
Linda doing to much cardio can burn muscle. It just matter's how you do it that makes the difference. If you do your weight training or pilates etc before your workout. Your metabolism is already up and ready to start melting the fat, it basically takes about 30min of working out to get it to that point. You should do only 30 minutes of cardio after that. I gurantee you will see a difference.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-19-2006, 08:33 AM
Linda doing to much cardio can burn muscle. It just matter's how you do it that makes the difference. If you do your weight training or pilates etc before your workout. Your metabolism is already up and ready to start melting the fat, it basically takes about 30min of working out to get it to that point. You should do only 30 minutes of cardio after that. I gurantee you will see a difference.
So wait, I usually jog on the treadmill or eliptical trainer first, then to weights, is that wrong??? :confused:

Mrs. casean
01-19-2006, 08:35 AM
Since I can't go to Cardio this week, I got my bag and work clothes all ready for my 4 am gym trip last night. I made sure all of my shower supplies were in there, hairbrush, work shoes, makeup, towel, etc. Set my alarm clock for 3:30 and went to bed. Jeff wakes me up this morning and says, "It's 4:30 Angie." That's when his alarm goes off. CRAP!! I can't go that late and be back in time to get the kids ready and feed the pups. Looks like tomorrow. :rolleyes: I'll just go do my crunches. The last day I worked out was Monday :yuk:
Linds, how did your gym experience go??
Angie! The Gym at CSUSM is awesome! That's always any option if you run out of time to go to the one by your house... and you don't have to pay to use that gym!

OnlyMoney
01-19-2006, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the free advice. I don't need to get a trainer now. Hee hee.
I did the bike or 20 minutes last night and did some weights with my arms while I did it. It cracks me up because after a night of workout, my stomach is growling the next morning. I did eat a bunch of mint m&m's after dinner last night, but that was instead of the B&J's Chunky Monkey in the freezer. Whew! Baby steps.
I'm going to try and do the Pilates before the bike/ellyptical. See if it works. (I know it will, the Pilatesprogram is awesome!!)
Happy Thursday all! Keep up the good work and get movin'!

NOTALENT
01-19-2006, 08:48 AM
So wait, I usually jog on the treadmill or eliptical trainer first, then to weights, is that wrong??? :confused:
Yup...because like I said. those 1st 30min your doing cardio...your metabolism is just getting to the point where you melt that fat away and sweat after that 30 min is when you will start to lose. This is why your suppost to lift before. Lifting prior brings your metabolism up and is ready to go once you start the cardio.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-19-2006, 08:53 AM
I did the bike or 20 minutes last night and did some weights with my arms while I did it. It cracks me up because after a night of workout, my stomach is growling the next morning. I did eat a bunch of mint m&m's after dinner last night, but that was instead of the B&J's Chunky Monkey in the freezer. Whew! Baby steps.
I'm going to try and do the Pilates before the bike/ellyptical. See if it works. (I know it will, the Pilatesprogram is awesome!!)
I have the Windsor Pilates series. Is that what you have? I love it (when I do it :rolleyes: )

NOTALENT
01-19-2006, 08:56 AM
Do you take any supplements?? Glutamine, amino acids, multi vitamin, protein etc?? After you work out its good to either take a protien shake for dinner or eat a piece of chicken breast or something with protien. Your body grows the most and recouperates when you sleep...the protien before bed feeds your body at that point. I would suggest glutamine as well, as a recovery treatment.
Make sure to eat well, or else its a waist...stay away from the CHUNKY MONKEY!!! :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Yup...because like I said. those 1st 30min your doing cardio...your metabolism is just getting to the point where you melt that fat away and sweat after that 30 min is when you will start to lose. This is why your suppost to lift before. Lifting prior brings your metabolism up and is ready to go once you start the cardio.
So Brandon, when I go to the gym, I just go straight to weights??? So, what if I cardio'd for 10 minutes then weights, then back to cardio??? Are you going to the gym tonight? What time? Wait for me! :boxed:

NOTALENT
01-19-2006, 09:01 AM
So Brandon, when I go to the gym, I just go straight to weights??? So, what if I cardio'd for 10 minutes then weights, then back to cardio??? Are you going to the gym tonight? What time? Wait for me! :boxed:
Haha..Thats exactly the way to do it....I warm up on the sationary bike for 10min to get the blood flowing, then I stretch, hit the weights and then cardio on either the eliptical for 30 min at a high intensity. Which normally burns about 450-500 calories.
I will be there today at 3pm. I have to go early I have a meeting with a owner of a new club I will be promoting.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-19-2006, 09:09 AM
Haha..Thats exactly the way to do it....I warm up on the sationary bike for 10min to get the blood flowing, then I stretch, hit the weights and then cardio on either the eliptical for 30 min at a high intensity. Which normally burns about 450-500 calories.
I will be there today at 3pm. I have to go early I have a meeting with a owner of a new club I will be promoting.
But Brandon, you don't work out to lose weight, right? I want to lose weight. :boxed:

NOTALENT
01-19-2006, 09:15 AM
But Brandon, you don't work out to lose weight, right? I want to lose weight. :boxed:
Normally I wouldnt, but since my injury last year and these last 6 months being extremely stressful I got fat. I have not worked out much in the last 1 1/2 years...As of last monday I have been back on track with my diet, and working out. I quit drinking other then maybe 1 or 2 a week.

OnlyMoney
01-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I have the Windsor Pilates series. Is that what you have? I love it (when I do it :rolleyes: )
Yes, that's the one. The 20 min. one is great and I don't even break a sweat, which I love. I did it the first week I got it for 4 mornings and 2-3 nights and my pants were falling off me, literally! Then I went to Havasu for the weekend :rolleyes: and you know how that goes.
Thanks for the tips Brandon. I do take vitamins, but now I'll take them before I go to bed. Good thinking!! Such great tips we're getting here.

NOTALENT
01-19-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, that's the one. The 20 min. one is great and I don't even break a sweat, which I love. I did it the first week I got it for 4 mornings and 2-3 nights and my pants were falling off me, literally! Then I went to Havasu for the weekend :rolleyes: and you know how that goes.
Thanks for the tips Brandon. I do take vitamins, but now I'll take them before I go to bed. Good thinking!! Such great tips we're getting here.
No problem. If you need to know anything or advice on supplements let me know... :rollside: Keep up the good work.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
01-19-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey guys, it's definately true what Brandon is saying. That is exactly how I took my previous 35 lbs. off(before I gained it all back....hehehe) You warm up first for 10 min, do your strength training and then 30-45 min. of cardio.
Well I had my weigh in today at WW and I am down an even 5 lbs!!!!!! WHOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! I feel so motivated now, now if I can just make it to the gym!!! Did you guys watch the Biggest Losers last night? That show is so motivating. We are all doing so good on here, I can't wait till summer. Linda, just keep in mind we will all have those times when we don't feel motivated, just remember what you want to look like in that bikini :D :wink:

NOTALENT
01-19-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey guys, it's definately true what Brandon is saying. That is exactly how I took my previous 35 lbs. off(before I gained it all back....hehehe) You warm up first for 10 min, do your strength training and then 30-45 min. of cardio.
Well I had my weigh in today at WW and I am down an even 5 lbs!!!!!! WHOHOOOOOOOO!!!!! I feel so motivated now, now if I can just make it to the gym!!! Did you guys watch the Biggest Losers last night? That show is so motivating. We are all doing so good on here, I can't wait till summer. Linda, just keep in mind we will all have those times when we don't feel motivated, just remember what you want to look like in that bikini :D :wink:
Congratuations...Motivation is the hardest part, but once you see the results..you keep going...it becomes addictive!!! Im here for moral support if ya'll need it!!

OnlyMoney
01-20-2006, 09:18 AM
I only hit the bike for 10 minutes last night, but not bad since I had to tan and get my nails done and cook dinner and everything. I'm just glad I did it. Healthy dinner, too. Chicken, just like brandon said. I'll be really healthy today with my cottage cheese stuff for lunch and no snacking! Reminds me, I've gotta get a refill on my water....
Happy Friday to all.
Shelby

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 09:39 AM
I only hit the bike for 10 minutes last night, but not bad since I had to tan and get my nails done and cook dinner and everything. I'm just glad I did it. Healthy dinner, too. Chicken, just like brandon said. I'll be really healthy today with my cottage cheese stuff for lunch and no snacking! Reminds me, I've gotta get a refill on my water....
Happy Friday to all.
Shelby
Good Job... :rollside: I guess...you can take it easy since you were gettin all purty... :D
I did my warm up...worked out chest and the 35min on the eliptical machine burning 550 calories... :) Had a protien shake and salmon for dinner with vegetables...then kind of screwed up by going to that bar... :cry: that just means I gotta hit it twice as hard today... :crossx:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 10:11 AM
Happy Friday to all.
Shelby
You did better than me. I went tanning and then out to sushi! :boxed: I read Fitness magazine in bed, does that count? hehehe
I am going to kick ass this weekend though. I know, I am a broken record!
Brandon, are you going to be at the gym tomorrow morning?

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 10:18 AM
You did better than me. I went tanning and then out to sushi! :boxed: I read Fitness magazine in bed, does that count? hehehe
I am going to kick ass this weekend though. I know, I am a broken record!
Brandon, are you going to be at the gym tomorrow morning?
Yes ma'am...wanna hook up???

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-20-2006, 10:21 AM
Yes ma'am...wanna hook up???
I should be there around 9am-ish. :boxed:

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 10:24 AM
I should be there around 9am-ish. :boxed:
ouch....damn girl...trying to kill a man...haha..Im going to stay home tonight and relax..no partys...and an open house..so I think I can swing that. PM me your number Incase plans change and I end up gettin home at 9am.. :crossx:

RiverToysJas
01-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Gym, 9am - Saturday. I'll be there. :crossx:

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 10:28 AM
what are you working out??? or just cardio??

Mrs. Bordsmnj
Meet ya on the treadmills again?? :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
what are you working out??? or just cardio??
Ok but I will be there around 9am regardless. Get your ass up and be my trainer. :D

NOTALENT
01-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Ok but I will be there around 9am regardless. Get your ass up and be my trainer. :D
haha...ooooookay.... :rollside: im doing shoulders and then cardio...mabye through in some abs.

Sportin' Wood
01-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Weight hasn't changed, but I feel thinner :D I can't wait for the first to take my measurements. I got to the gym this morning ***yawn*** I had also been doing my cardio first and then weights, so I began the other way around this morning (with a warm up, of course). I'm anxious to see how it works for me.
OOPS! Mrs. here! Lord knows Sportin' Wood doesn't need to lose weight!!

bordsmnj
01-22-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey Rivertoys, Linda here....Uhmmmmm, its 9am and I just woke up. safe to say I will not be at the gym at 9am. :D I apologize for standing you up. :(

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-23-2006, 10:03 AM
Where is evryone's weekend report? :confused: I was pretty good except for not making it to the gym sunday morning. Supercross my good intentions right outta me! :rollside:
Oh and yesterday I made homemade chicken soup and added dumplings. It just sounded really good. :rolleyes: :) I made them out of flour and eggs, can they really be that bad for me???? :cry:

NOTALENT
01-23-2006, 10:32 AM
I only drank 2 beers this whole weekend!!!! :rollside: Went to the gym on saturday and did legs, abs and cardio and at night I beat up a guy for pushing a girl down 6 stairs!!!! That burned a few calories:mad: ....Sunday I went and did shoulders/back and cardio!! Im still on a roll!!! Pretty stoked I only drank 2 beers...!!! Today..im suppost to do chest, but I dunno...maybe triceps and abs with some cardio.. :rollside:

OnlyMoney
01-23-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm almost embarrassed to be in here today. I didn't do good on the alcohol part and we hit Taco Bell around midnight Friday night :mad: on the way back to the boat. Yesterday I drank beer all day watching games and had pizza. Bleh! :220v: Anyway, somehow I'm still down a couple of pounds. I guess not overeating helped it all even out. Soup for lunch today and I'm trying to hit the bike again tonight, but I may just walk around Target a little longer than I really need to, just to be more active. :rollside:
Tomorrow is a new day and Chris goes out of town, so I get to play by MY schedule. I'll be kicking butt for sure!!
Keep it up everyone!
Shelby

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-23-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm almost embarrassed to be in here today. I didn't do good on the alcohol part and we hit Taco Bell around midnight Friday night :mad: on the way back to the boat. Yesterday I drank beer all day watching games and had pizza. Bleh! :220v: Anyway, somehow I'm still down a couple of pounds. I guess not overeating helped it all even out. Soup for lunch today and I'm trying to hit the bike again tonight, but I may just walk around Target a little longer than I really need to, just to be more active. :rollside:
Tomorrow is a new day and Chris goes out of town, so I get to play by MY schedule. I'll be kicking butt for sure!!
Keep it up everyone!
Shelby
Don't feel bad, you just reminded me we had a midnight run through Taco Bell after Supercross. :cry:
We still kickass! :rollside:

OnlyMoney
01-23-2006, 01:09 PM
Don't feel bad, you just reminded me we had a midnight run through Taco Bell after Supercross. :cry:
We still kickass! :rollside:
LOL...sorry to be the one reminding you of it. That's just too funny!! Yeah, we do still rock! I'm doing the cardio with weights stuff tonight. Thank GOD!

C-2
01-23-2006, 03:36 PM
F*in incredible. No beer the entire weekend (actually week).
Doing good here, down 13 lbs. Getting closer to figuring out how many cals we can take in and still lose weight. Figuring it's about 1000-1200, which makes dropping the weight pretty easy since we're not hungry. This time we are eating a lot of rice (which we love, especially Jasmine), and half the calories mentioned above are from the rice, but it really fills you up. The other cals are not coming from bad sources; rather items like fruit, chicken and those 100 cal snack baggies of various flavors (wheat thins, cheese nips etc.). The Dannon non-fat 60 cal yougurts are yummy.
Going to the Asian market and trying all their dried goodies is also a favorite thing to do. They have this kick ass snack/candy called Pulparindo, which is Tamarind rind spiced with chili and sugar. It's hot, but sweet, and only 45 cals. Good stuff, in fact some of the ice cream trucks cruzing the hood sell them (kinda like that Lucas stuff, which is great with beer).
Still need to start excercising! No excuses, DOH!
For our Sunday free day, decided to make Mexican style shrimp cocktail. This dish is a great party dish and pretty low cal. It can be spendy to make - but not yesterday! Meat clerk screwed up on packaging and I snapped up about 7lbs of shrimp for the whopping $15. Also enjoyed a Golden Spoon yogurt for a 130 cal treat!
Anybody elase have some low cal snackies or secrets to share?
--------
And BTW, on Celebrity Fit. Is Chastity full of crap? She claims to be following the diet, but after two weigh-ins, nothing? That's like losing nothing in a month with all that working out? I like Kelly LeBrock, she seems genuine and honest, my money is on her.

OnlyMoney
01-24-2006, 01:00 PM
Ok, so I got into my workout clothes....does that count??? :boxed: Didn't do any type of workout last night. Had a great dinner with my man though.
<---soup for lunch and dinner, and maybe a workout. I'm going to try really hard to work it in.

NOTALENT
01-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Ok, so I got into my workout clothes....does that count??? :boxed: Didn't do any type of workout last night. Had a great dinner with my man though.
<---soup for lunch and dinner, and maybe a workout. I'm going to try really hard to work it in.
Soup....thats what I had for dinner last night.... :rollside: actually SOUPA..mexican shiat..lol...Any excerise is better then none..I have a double Header softball game tonight....lots of cardio.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Ok, I think we are long lost sisters or something.... :rollside: Its all about intentions....I had the best of intentions to workout....that should count for something!!! LOL!!!
I firmly believe reading Shape or Fitness is a equal to a workout too. Try that next time. :p
Its nice to know we can relate. :D

OnlyMoney
01-24-2006, 02:04 PM
Ok, I think we are long lost sisters or something.... :rollside: Its all about intentions....I had the best of intentions to workout....that should count for something!!! LOL!!!
I firmly believe reading Shape or Fitness is a equal to a workout too. Try that next time. :p
Its nice to know we can relate. :D
OMG! LOL...I do that almost every night!! :rollside: Boy, I should weigh nothing by now!! I always start doing the stuff right then and there and then I put the magazine away and it's out the window. I agree, intentions ARE good!

Mandelon
01-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Read the magazine while you are on the exercycle.... :220v:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-25-2006, 07:03 AM
Read the magazine while you are on the exercycle.... :220v:
Ok, now that is just going a little too far Mandy. :D
Maybe I need to invest in a treadmill or something at home. Then I cannot complain that the gym is too crowded. :idea: :idea:

NOTALENT
01-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Ok, now that is just going a little too far Mandy. :D
Maybe I need to invest in a treadmill or something at home. Then I cannot complain that the gym is too crowded. :idea: :idea:
Nah...that wont work...I have it all at home. In my room I have a full size Olympic weight bench, ab machine and in our weight room I have a treadmill, eliptical machine, bowfles, stationary bike etc....the thing is you go to work out...you see your bed, nice and comfy, relaxing etc...then the equipment...hard work, you have to break a sweat and there are way to many distractions..lol...just doesnt work for me.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-25-2006, 08:49 AM
Nah...that wont work...I have it all at home. In my room I have a full size Olympic weight bench, ab machine and in our weight room I have a treadmill, eliptical machine, bowfles, stationary bike etc....the thing is you go to work out...you see your bed, nice and comfy, relaxing etc...then the equipment...hard work, you have to break a sweat and there are way to many distractions..lol...just doesnt work for me.
Can I buy your treadmill then? :D

NOTALENT
01-25-2006, 09:20 AM
Can I buy your treadmill then? :D
haha..noooo..my mom claims to use it... :rolleyes: :rollside:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-25-2006, 07:14 PM
I've been doing great with my eating, but the workouts are not going so well. GRADUATE SCHOOL SUCKS!!!!!!! Between that and Jeff and the kids and the puppies and county meetings for the eminent domain crap . . . everyone wants a piece of my time and there is NONE left over. I'm frustrated. Hopefully, I can be in bed in 1 hour and get to the gym at 4:00 before school. Cross your fingers.

NOTALENT
01-25-2006, 07:46 PM
I've been doing great with my eating, but the workouts are not going so well. GRADUATE SCHOOL SUCKS!!!!!!! Between that and Jeff and the kids and the puppies and county meetings for the eminent domain crap . . . everyone wants a piece of my time and there is NONE left over. I'm frustrated. Hopefully, I can be in bed in 1 hour and get to the gym at 4:00 before school. Cross your fingers.
Ouch...I hear that...Its hard to find time to workout. Good luck tommorow..we will be rooting for ya... :clover: :D

Mandelon
01-25-2006, 08:14 PM
Portion control. :boxed:

NOTALENT
01-26-2006, 06:46 AM
Portion control. :boxed:
That would be my flaw...I eat till I cant eat no more!!! :crossx:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Its totally ALL about portion control. A few years back I made a solid commitment to control my portions and I lost an amazing amount of weight. I know this yet I cannot succeed at it. I have zero willpower. If food tastes good, I will just keep eating. :mad:
Something has got to change for me, I am getting thoroughly discouraged. :cry: I KNOW all its will take is minor changes here and there and I want so bad to not be chubby but I just cannot seem to commit.
Someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

OnlyMoney
01-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Well, I got my Fitness mag yesterday!!! :D
But, I didn't read it. :cry: I had to pack since I'm flying to SD tonight and heading up to the boat show. I had NO time between laundry and packing. Oh well. At least that kept me from grazing all night.
Linda, I hope it gets better for you. I think we are ALL in that same boat. We love to indulge, especially in food & drink. I've got to be good because Saturday I get to go to dinner at Morton's :rollside: :rollside: My favorite!!
See you all on Saturday!!!
Shelby

Mandelon
01-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Its totally ALL about portion control. A few years back I made a solid commitment to control my portions and I lost an amazing amount of weight. I know this yet I cannot succeed at it. I have zero willpower. If food tastes good, I will just keep eating. :mad:
Something has got to change for me, I am getting thoroughly discouraged. :cry: I KNOW all its will take is minor changes here and there and I want so bad to not be chubby but I just cannot seem to commit.
Someone help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(
Why not just eat less. After a few minutes you will be full anyway.
Wakey at 5:30, go to gym.
Breakfast: yogurt 7:30 am
lunch spaghetti with curry chicken on top 9:30 am
snacked on cashews, and a propel.
worked till 7:00
Dinner, Tilapia (fish) and a spoon full of rice.
Had a bowl of ice cream for dessert.....Oh well....
LInda, just start eating less. Just 1/3 less. two scoops, not three. Its easy.
If you normally order a double double and fries, get a regular burger and skip the fries...take little victories.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
01-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Linda, do you know about the water trick? Drink 8 ounces of water a few minutes before you eat (with dinner especially) and you should fill up a lot faster. Once you get into the swing of it, it will get easier. I know it's hard, I love to eat good food also. You can do this.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-27-2006, 08:52 AM
Thanks for the support guys. I know little changes will make a difference but sometimes I just have no will power. I will keep struggling with it and hopefully will be able to rise above my obsession with food.
And the water deal, I am a mega water drinker. Always have been. I drink at least a gallon a day. I never liked soda, even when I was a kid. I cannot eat without water. Last night at sushi, I think I had 5 glasses of water during dinner. I have been at work since 7am and am on my 3rd water already. I will say I think I have really nice skin because of it. :rollside:
Anyways, thanks again for your support. I am looking forward to getting over this and being thin and healthy!

Mandelon
01-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Keep at it. Small victories add up over time. You can't just one day not eat normally, make your changes small and you won't notice them so much. It took a long while to put the extra pounds on, its not logical that it will go away in a few months....just keep reducing portions and skipping the fats and carbo loads. It will pay off.
There was a big lady near my last house who started exercising. She would huff and puff past our house every day. She must have bee 200 plus when she started. Little by little as the months went by she got faster and thinner.
It was amazing. She made a choice, stuck to it and changed her life. All the neighbors gave her the thumbs up. Last time I saw her she looked really good.
You don't need to give up all the good foods you love, just eat less of them. You will fail if you take on too much at one time.

Phat Matt
01-28-2006, 06:12 PM
There was a big lady near my last house who started exercising. She would huff and puff past our house every day. She must have bee 200 plus when she started. Little by little as the months went by she got faster and thinner.
It was amazing. She made a choice, stuck to it and changed her life. All the neighbors gave her the thumbs up. Last time I saw her she looked really good.
Stalker. :)

Mandelon
01-29-2006, 09:03 PM
C'mon Matt. We all know you are Phatt. :p

Mrs. Bordsmnj
01-30-2006, 07:07 AM
Hi Guys!! How did everyone do over the weekend??? I am finally making baby steps. I am trying with all my heart to eat smaller portions. Aside from all the beer I drank at the Boat show :( , I did pretty good this weekend. :rollside:
Ms. Aquaboogie1, I had sooooo much fun with you at the show. ***boat may be full of drama but it brought us together as friends!!! ;)
So here I sit eating some lean ham and low fat cheese ......ready for another week.....
:boxed:

NOTALENT
01-30-2006, 11:54 AM
Well over the few weeks I have been doing cardio I have dropped from 186 to 179!!! :rollside: That is really good considering im powerlifting and putting mass on at the same time.
Aquaboogies...you two ROCK!!! It was awesome meeting you two and hanging out...I hope you guys make it out for Pres day and memorial day. And hopefully by then you will have your NEW ORION being built!!! :D See you soon. :rollside:

C-2
01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Ypu have the stamina of an Iron Man contestant. How you fit all that stuff in one day is unbelievable. Kudos to you. :)
Keep giving them hell on the ED crap.

C-2
01-31-2006, 09:00 AM
Me and the wifey are down 15 lbs., but reached our first plateau :mad: :mad:
Did alright last week, still lost 2 lbs., even after a trip to Chuck E Cheese and a birthday dinner at TGIF. At Chuckees, only 1 pc of pizza and two beers; down from the usual 10 pcs of pizza and about 6 beers. Salad and 3 beers at TGIF. No other beer the entire week.
Saw the segment on Celebrity Fit which said jumping rope for an hour burns 1000 cals - wow, that's a lot. But jumping rope is also tough for an hour!
Time to get excercising, need to break the plateau.
One month down!
:)

NOTALENT
01-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Went last night and did chest...I am back to 85% of my strength after my injury. Before I was injured I was lifting the 105lb dumbells on bench and 245lb on the barbell....
I am now at the 85lb dumbells and could go higher...as of last night on the dumbells, and 225 on the barbell...WHOOHOOO!!! Chest feels great today!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-01-2006, 07:31 AM
A couple friends/neighbors of mine just called me last night to find out what gym I belong to so they could join and we could help motivate each other and get each other to go workout. I am so excited. I was so thrilled after I got off the phone with her that I actually worked out at home! :rollside:
And I have been making a sincere effort to eat smaller portions. It is so easy and doable. I feel retarded for struggling so much. :messedup:
Here I go.......watch out for me come summer time :D
(I know I am a broken record but who cares, I am trying Dammit!!!) :rollside:

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Hey girlie, we are going to look so hot this summer dammit!!! We CAN do it, portion size is definately the key.....I find myself eating smaller portions all throughout the day and I am loosing!!!! Just remember we didn't put this on overnight, so it ain't coming off overnight. :cry: It is defiantely another job. Linda, that's cool that you have someone to go with now, too bad we didn't live closer, cuz we would be pushing each other to go. But that's okay, we can still motivate each other on here. :wink:
Tomorrow is my weigh in day at Weight Watchers, I don't expect much difference than last week, being that we were at the show drinking beers and eating that damn good jerky!!! Oh well, hopefully I didn't gain. I will check back in tomorrow with ya'll and let ya know.....Keep up the good work guys

Mandelon
02-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Sounds good. Its not hard to cut back on the junky food.
Don't cut out so much that you feel deprived.
Replace processed junk food with healthier choices and smaller portions.

Mrs. casean
02-02-2006, 09:38 AM
I haven't been so good lately since I got the dog... we have been walking at nights though and that must have kept me on track. We've been eating later and not great healthy meals... but not awful. I'm back on track though now that we got some food in the house and I'm back to the gym tonight. But I guess w/ the walking I didn't gain... I lost 2 pounds... whoopydoo :rolleyes: But better than nothing! 13 more to go by April 1st. Then another 5 by May 1st... I can do it! That's nothing compared to what these people are losing on the biggest loser! Talk about motivation! I love that show! Sounds like you are all doing good! There will always be set backs... just gotta keep your mind possitive and stay motivated!

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-02-2006, 01:57 PM
Ok guys, well I weighed in this morning and I am down 2.9 lbs, which is a total of 7.9 lbs.!!!!!!! I really thought I would be up being that we went down to the boat show this past weekend, I guess being concious(sp?) of what I was putting in me(including the beer) and portion control really helped!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Ok guys, well I weighed in this morning and I am down 2.9 lbs, which is a total of 7.9 lbs.!!!!!!! I really thought I would be up being that we went down to the boat show this past weekend, I guess being concious(sp?) of what I was putting in me(including the beer) and portion control really helped!!!!!! WHOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!
Congrats! Super cool birthday present to yourself! Keep it up!!
Hey Linds, 2 pounds is awesome! Set two pounds of steaks or something in front of you and think, I lost that much! Right on!!!!!

Mandelon
02-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Nice work ladies....good for you.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-03-2006, 06:30 AM
Good job ladies!!! I seem to be pretty consistant with a pound a week. 5 pounds since January 2. I am very happy with that. At that rate, I'll be at my goal in time for my graduation, or at worst, Memorial Day. Right in time for bikini season!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-03-2006, 08:15 AM
Well I weighed in this morning and am down 5 pounds. I lost track but I think I was down 6 at one point. Owell, its still 5 pounds. Should be 10 but I was not fully committed. :rolleyes: Slow progress is better than no progress at all. :rollside:
Hope everyone does good this weekend. We are headed to Glamis so I am going to only pack healthy food. My big problem will be beer. I will just have to ride extra hard to work off the extra calories!
Keep it up everybody! :rollside:

Mandelon
02-03-2006, 11:02 AM
What's that low carb beer? Michelob Ultra? Miller light has few carbs too. Have fun!

NOTALENT
02-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Look's like we have all been slipping...at least I did this weekend...Vegas killed me....36hrs no sleep living on rockstars and I only ate on sub sandwhich....ouch...My body is paying for it now!!! :cry:

Mrs. casean
02-08-2006, 04:27 PM
I went to the gym Monday at lunch and today at lunch... I'm feeling it good now! A personal trainer showed me and my friend I went w/ how to use each machine he recommended to use... I feel so much better knowing how to properly position myself and use each machine! And I can do it w/i 30 min and still have time to go eat a light lunch at work! I will do this 3 times a week and either go back after work to do cardio or walk/jog with the dog... After this Glamis trip this weekend I gotta kick butt on my eating habit... I've been okay, but need to be better. Superbowl didn't help :rolleyes: You all keep it up and we'll be so happy we did with in a short time :D My goal for my first goal weight is April 1st... Then by May 1st for the final! Sounds like you're all doing good! Keep it up :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Hey guys!
I have been doing ok. I have not been hitting the gym as much as I would like but my excuse is we went to Glamis and I have been sick since we got back. And now this weekend we are going to Ocotillo so I will try my darndest to get on a solid gym schedule next week. :squiggle:
I did really good with food while in Glamis. I made healthy meal and the worst thing I ate was spinach dip. I will be able to be good again this weekend too. Plus riding burns off a bunch of calories. :rollside:
Keep up the good works people. I am hoping to lose some major poundage by April 1st. Then a bunch more by my birthday, June 1st. :rollside:

Mrs. casean
02-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Hey guys!
I have been doing ok. I have not been hitting the gym as much as I would like but my excuse is we went to Glamis and I have been sick since we got back. And now this weekend we are going to Ocotillo so I will try my darndest to get on a solid gym schedule next week. :squiggle:
I did really good with food while in Glamis. I made healthy meal and the worst thing I ate was spinach dip. I will be able to be good again this weekend too. Plus riding burns off a bunch of calories. :rollside:
Keep up the good works people. I am hoping to lose some major poundage by April 1st. Then a bunch more by my birthday, June 1st. :rollside:
You have plenty of time between now and April 1st! Especially June 1st! You can do it Linda! I'm hitting it hard too after we get back from Glamis... Now that I feel it after using the weights, I want to keep that feeling and stay determined... Have fun in Ocotillo this weekend! I hope you feel better!

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-09-2006, 10:14 AM
Hey guys, well I used my "skip the weigh in" pass at weight watchers this morning :rolleyes: ... With last week being my b-day and then SuperBowl, I know I didn't go down at all, so I don't even want to check the scale until next week :cry: :cry: , but I have to say that I started walking with the dog for 1/2 hr. every day, but I'm fighting a cold right now so I'm not really feeling to motivated. :yuk:
I learned something this week that might help us all out......ready..........Make an appt. to workout!!! You know how we all get so busy throughout the day with work and kids, dinner, Dr. appts, well why not make an appt. for yourself to work out??? Write it down in your planner or on your calendar, I know it sounds kinda lame, but I have been doing it this past week and it really is working :idea: :idea: We all make appts for our nails or hair or even dr. appts., why not take the time for yourself to workout??? Try it, I know it will help.
Linda I'm with you hunny on the "not feeling so great right now" tip, but just keep eating good and next week we should feel up to a little excersising. :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Hey guys, well I used my "skip the weigh in" pass at weight watchers this morning :rolleyes: ... With last week being my b-day and then SuperBowl, I know I didn't go down at all, so I don't even want to check the scale until next week :cry: :cry: , but I have to say that I started walking with the dog for 1/2 hr. every day, but I'm fighting a cold right now so I'm not really feeling to motivated. :yuk:
I learned something this week that might help us all out......ready..........Make an appt. to workout!!! You know how we all get so busy throughout the day with work and kids, dinner, Dr. appts, well why not make an appt. for yourself to work out??? Write it down in your planner or on your calendar, I know it sounds kinda lame, but I have been doing it this past week and it really is working :idea: :idea: We all make appts for our nails or hair or even dr. appts., why not take the time for yourself to workout??? Try it, I know it will help.
Linda I'm with you hunny on the "not feeling so great right now" tip, but just keep eating good and next week we should feel up to a little excersising. :rollside:
What if I have plenty of time to workout but am just lazy??? :D
I am not sure if its because I am sick but I have had zero snack cravings going on lately. :rollside:
I am going to the gym tonight though. I already promised my gym buddy I would go. :)

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-09-2006, 06:48 PM
I really want to eat a big homemade shredded beef burrito with a ton of cheese on it right now. It's what I made for dinner for everyone else, but I can't have any. This suffering better work this time. That's all I have to say about that. Weigh in day is tomorrow. Cross your fingers. I've kinda plateaud after the initial 5 pounds, so I'm getting frustrated and I really want that burrito.
Did I mention that I want a burrito? :D

Mandelon
02-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Have 1/3 of the burrito....
I talked to a woman earlier this week. Her doctor put her on a heart smart type of diet. But get this....it only for 3 days a week.
Mon Tue and Wed, she has to eat planned out healthy meals. Then back to her regular schedule. She said that by then she didn't feel like pigging out anyway...
And she had lost 9 pounds so far in two months. She said it was easy to do, cuz it was only for a couple days at a time. What if you ate only healthy stuff Monday and Tuesday, off for Wednesday then back on Thursday adn Friday???
You'd cut out 1/2 of the bad stuff you'd normally eat and substitute it with healthy low calorie foods instead. It would be easier and more forgiving for those low willpower people... ( like me).

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-10-2006, 10:53 AM
I made a gym date with my gym buddies last night and it worked out great. We have another date for monday, tuesday and are even going to brave a class on thursday.
Things are looking up. :rollside:

RiverToysJas
02-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I made a gym date with my gym buddies last night and it worked out great. We have another date for monday, tuesday and are even going to brave a class on thursday.
Things are looking up. :rollside:
You going tomorrow morning?
Is that Thursday class at our LA Fitness, if so, what time?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-10-2006, 11:10 AM
You going tomorrow morning?
Is that Thursday class at our LA Fitness, if so, what time?
No gym tomorrow, too far of a drive from Ocotillo. :D
And yes, the class is at our gym , thursday nights at 7pm. I think its called Bodyworks plus Abs or something like that. "A weighted workout set to the rhythm of the music. This class improves overall strength and endurance through the use of dumbbells." Wanna go too???? :rollside: And I need your help, maybe next weekend. I need some sort of routine or at least a clue with weights. :boxed:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-13-2006, 07:53 AM
Hi healthy people. How was everyone's weekend? I didn't do so good camping this weekend. I ate too many chips and dip and then we stopped for burgers and fries on the way home and it never occured to me to eat something healthy instead. Oops! I have a gym date tonight so I will try to work off those french fries. :( I have four gym dates scheduled for this week so hopefully it becomes a habit.
Anyways, hope everyone is doing good. :boxed:

OnlyMoney
02-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Ok, I haven't checked in for a while now. I haven't been working out at all, but I am this week since he's gone and I have nothing better to do. My nails are done and my hair, too. So no excuses!
I have been able to keep the weigh off and a couple of extra pounds. :) But, we did hit In-N-Out on the way home Saturday night-"animal style" fries are not on my diet. :220v:
I hope everyone has a good week. It's my Pilates week, so I'll look better in my suit for Pres. Day weekend. Woo hoo! :rollside:

NOTALENT
02-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok, I haven't checked in for a while now. I haven't been working out at all, but I am this week since he's gone and I have nothing better to do. My nails are done and my hair, too. So no excuses!
I have been able to keep the weigh off and a couple of extra pounds. :) But, we did hit In-N-Out on the way home Saturday night-"animal style" fries are not on my diet. :220v:
I hope everyone has a good week. It's my Pilates week, so I'll look better in my suit for Pres. Day weekend. Woo hoo! :rollside:
I dont blame you...Animal style is the only way to go.....and once you smell the food...your done....lol.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-13-2006, 08:53 PM
Well, I finally got that personalized diet from my friend the personal trainer. I think it'll be tough, but doable. My big concern is a potluck at school tomorrow and all the chocolate everyone will be passing around. I wish I didn't have to go. Hopefully, I will have a good weigh-in in the morning and it will give me an incentive to remain strong. I am determined to be a hottie this summer! I'm getting old, dammit! I don't have a lot of chances left! LOL

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-14-2006, 08:30 AM
I am happy to report I kept my gym date last night and had a great workout. I think I convinced myself that the gym is too crowded after work but it wasn't bad at all. I LOVE making committments to my gym buddies to meet at the gym. I know there is no way I would have gone last night on my own. YAY me!!!
Happy Valentines Day!
Elizabeth, where are you???????? How are you doing? :boxed:

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-14-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm here girlie, just recovering from being sick, haven't really been eating that much, I know that isn't going to help the weight coming off. I haven't really been working out either, but I'm starting to feel better now so this week should be better :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-16-2006, 07:43 AM
I hope you are feeling mo' betta Elizabeth!!!! :rollside:
I am proud to report my gym date cancelled on me last night and I still went to the gym. :boxed: I can totally do this. Then me, hubby and Riverbound went out to sushi and I actually stopped eating when I was full instead of eating until I explode. :boxed: Progress!!!!
Hey RivertoysJas....are you coming to the Bodyworks class tonight? 7pm??

NOTALENT
02-16-2006, 07:47 AM
I hope you are feeling mo' betta Elizabeth!!!! :rollside:
I am proud to report my gym date cancelled on me last night and I still went to the gym. :boxed: I can totally do this. Then me, hubby and Riverbound went out to sushi and I actually stopped eating when I was full instead of eating until I explode. :boxed: Progress!!!!
Hey RivertoysJas....are you coming to the Bodyworks class tonight? 7pm??
Yuck!!! Sushi!! :yuk: :p
Congrats. Keep doing your thang girl! What is this Bodyworks class???

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Yuck!!! Sushi!! :yuk: :p
Congrats. Keep doing your thang girl! What is this Bodyworks class???
Some sort of strength training class. They use the step and weights. We'll see. I am not very coordinated but I thought I would give it a try. :rollside:

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Well I weighed in today and I was down .8 lbs........I guess that's decent, considering I didn't do much this past week. Anywho, this week is better, I've been walking everyday and hopefully by this weekend I will finally make it to the gym!!!!
Good job Linda, ya still made it there eventhough your "patna" didn't show up!!! See it's not that hard once you get going :rollside: :rollside:

Mrs. casean
02-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I have gone to the gym 4 times this week! I have done 3 weight work outs and a great eliptical night... I'm pooped... but I need more cardio in so tonight I'll walk/jog w/ the dog.... I lost another pound from yesterday to today... yippee! Better than nothing! This weekend is the weekly test though! Oh and valentines day we had a bottle of wine and tasty ravioli so that was a set back I'm sure :D But well worth it... it was soooo tasty! So now back to health foods...As I've said before, I allow myself 2 free meals a week... that was one :rolleyes: :p

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Linda, does your LA Fitness have that stairclimbing machine that kicks your a$$? The one with the revolving staircase? I can only do 10 minutes on it and then I'm dying, then I go to a bike or treadmill for the other 15 minutes. One of my Fitness magazines said that machine was "the best bang for your buck." LOL, I think it should have said, "the best bang for your butt."

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Linda, does your LA Fitness have that stairclimbing machine that kicks your a$$? The one with the revolving staircase? I can only do 10 minutes on it and then I'm dying, then I go to a bike or treadmill for the other 15 minutes. One of my Fitness magazines said that machine was "the best bang for your buck." LOL, I think it should have said, "the best bang for your butt."
Yes it does. I have yet to try it. I tried one years ago and lasted about 2 minutes. hahahaha :rollside:
I took the "Total Bodyworks plus abs" class last night. Holy COW!!!!!!!!!! I had to stop a couple of times and I had to not use the weights a couple times but I made it threw the class. I wanted to throw up and cry afterwards but I still finished it and I am going to keep doing it too! Man, what a butt kicker! I am definately over my fear of looking like a moron in classes. I may have looked stupid but I could have cared less. I was just trying to keep up! I do feel awesome this morning. :boxed:

RiverToysJas
02-18-2006, 01:22 PM
I was looking at this stair climber machine today at the gym (by myself ..... LINDA! ;) ), thinking about trying it again. I have done it before but don't like it. Several years ago I did the "Stair Climb to the Top" in Down Town LA. I did it two years in a row. The first year I did pretty well getting to the roof of the 75 story building in about 12 minutes. The second time was almost 16 minutes though, I wasn't as prepared. They still have that race every Sept I think. I have thought about trying it again. My old office in West LA was on the 16th floor of a 20 story building, and I used to go bottom to top two or three times, a few times a week after work. That's the best training for the real event though.
The gym machine that used to kick my ass was the old "Versa-Climber". That thing was killer!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-18-2006, 05:23 PM
Jeff used to like the versa-climber also. They had a machine at family fitness (24 hour, I guessi it's called now) that one reclined on and moved in a stair-stepping -like fashion. I LOVED that machine. It got rid of all the flab in my booty. I don't remember what it was called, though. I think the versa-climber people made it.
Anyway. I found out that plain albacore tuna with a little salt and pepper out of the can (no mayo) is pretty dang tasty! And it has a TON of protein in it (duh! ). FYI
--6 down 19 to go . . .

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-20-2006, 07:29 AM
(by myself ..... LINDA! ;) ),
I had to work saturday and did not get to the gym until around 3pm. :rollside: I will have you know I went to the gym monday, wedns. thursday, saturday and sunday last week! :D I am kicking ass!!!! I am down 10 pounds!!!! Woo-hoooo!!!!
I will be there tonight at 5:30pm :boxed:

Mandelon
02-20-2006, 05:38 PM
What happened to all the white women? All skin an' bones...... :cool:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-21-2006, 08:34 AM
So last night at the gym I discovered the rowing machine. What fun! I have always wanted to try them but for some reason was afraid too. I loved it! I wonder though, is it a good workout??? I suppose it can't be bad for me, right?
Did everyone already lose all their weight? There are only a couple of us on here anymore???
I hope everyone is doing good. :rollside: See you in the bikini shop!

RiverToysJas
02-21-2006, 10:28 AM
The rowing machine is my favorite! I wouldn't join a gym that didn't have one. I use that thing almost everytime I go. It's a great total body workout!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-21-2006, 07:20 PM
I like the rowing machine because I can really concentrate on the body parts. Namely my abs. With each pull, I do a mini sit up, or sit back, I guess. I find that if I'm concentrating on that muscle group, I feel it more there.

Mandelon
02-21-2006, 09:37 PM
YOu guys are gonna be like that tv commercial where all the normal people show up to race with the pro's. The black guy on the bicycle, ringing the bell as he pedals by all the tour de france racers cracks me up....but the big guy in the front of the row boat, that's kicking out this big wake, as he races against the crew and skull teams is funny too.
Jason you can row us back from Catalina....!!!

boatnam2
02-22-2006, 08:17 AM
whats up everyone!shout out to my lavey boys.well i have been trying hard since turkey day or so.down 34lbs so far so not to bad should be more hit a little bump in january with a 8 day costa rican cruise where i just said the hell with it and threw the tri tip into the wind and put on 10lbs so i had to get that back off , but i got the ship headed in the right direction again.everyone keep up the good work summer is coming fast.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-22-2006, 08:46 AM
whats up everyone!shout out to my lavey boys.well i have been trying hard since turkey day or so.down 34lbs so far so not to bad should be more hit a little bump in january with a 8 day costa rican cruise where i just said the hell with it and threw the tri tip into the wind and put on 10lbs so i had to get that back off , but i got the ship headed in the right direction again.everyone keep up the good work summer is coming fast.
Wow Jimmy-Mac!!!!!!! 34 pounds! You go baby!!!!! What are you doing to lose the weight???

Mrs. casean
02-22-2006, 10:33 AM
Jim that is great! Congrats on the hard work paying off!

boatnam2
02-22-2006, 02:07 PM
trying the atkins style diet,if i just stick with it i do good,when i go to the river or rididng for the weekend i always screw up.if i can just get that handled i will be allright i think.linds thanks congrats on the new boat!

Mrs. casean
02-22-2006, 03:02 PM
trying the atkins style diet,if i just stick with it i do good,when i go to the river or rididng for the weekend i always screw up.if i can just get that handled i will be allright i think.linds thanks congrats on the new boat!
Thanks Jim! Now if we only had a great place to rent again :rolleyes: :idea: hehee!!! just kidding... our friends asked us when we were going back there... I broke them the news :( We really had a nice time there! Sounds like what you're doing is working great! So true though about going riding or to the river... you do great up till then then bam! come home and go on a crash diet :D It's all worth it though :D

Mandelon
02-22-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey Skinny is here! Bring that lavey to Catalina on Sunday!!!

Ms. AquaBoogie1
02-24-2006, 09:01 AM
Ok, I'm so embarASSed to say that when I went to weigh in yesterday I gained 2 LBS.!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I was trying to be good last week, but I think I was using most of my "points" for some alcohol(I'm not an alcoholic, just a drunk) :p ....Well now I now I need to cut back on that and use my "points" for wholesome food. I do get 35 extra points a week, so my leader at WW said to use those for the wine and such. Why does losing weight seem like its brain surgery, but we have no problem putting it on??????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cry:
Oh well, all I can say is I will try and do better from here on out. I am going to buy me some walking shoes today, that might help get me motivated :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
02-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Ok, I'm so embarASSed to say that when I went to weigh in yesterday I gained 2 LBS.!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I was trying to be good last week, but I think I was using most of my "points" for some alcohol(I'm not an alcoholic, just a drunk) :p ....Well now I now I need to cut back on that and use my "points" for wholesome food. I do get 35 extra points a week, so my leader at WW said to use those for the wine and such. Why does losing weight seem like its brain surgery, but we have no problem putting it on??????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cry:
Oh well, all I can say is I will try and do better from here on out. I am going to buy me some walking shoes today, that might help get me motivated :rollside:
2 pounds is no big deal. Don't be discouraged. I don't understand how alcohol makes us gain weight...I mean, we just pee it out, right????
Go buy some new sneaks. I did that last weekend and man, what a difference. :rollside:
I am not losing any pounds but defanately inches. I put on a belt this morning and had to tighten it by not just one but two holes. That was kind of cool. But how come I am not losing any pounds? Anyone? Am I just destined to be a big girl only firmer?? :yuk: