PDA

View Full Version : Wego Kite Tube - Craigslist

Cole Sanger
06-05-2006, 01:16 AM
Saw this on craigslist. It's 100 off of overtons price. I am not selling mine, and don't know the seller. Just thought someone might want one at a good price.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/boa/167812573.html

gochappy
06-06-2006, 05:25 AM
online marine advertises brand new for $399.

TJRiver
06-06-2006, 08:17 AM
I have read a few threads on the wakeboard and tow boat boards. At least one person has already died from "flying" on of these tubes. They have not been out that long and I predict a lot more deaths and lawsuits. Watching a few posted videos, I can see how easy it would be to kill yourself on one of these things. Absolutely no control and the ability to soar to 35 feet over that water at 40 mph. :mad:

gochappy
06-07-2006, 04:51 AM
I have read a few threads on the wakeboard and tow boat boards. At least one person has already died from "flying" on of these tubes. They have not been out that long and I predict a lot more deaths and lawsuits. Watching a few posted videos, I can see how easy it would be to kill yourself on one of these things. Absolutely no control and the ability to soar to 35 feet over that water at 40 mph. :mad:
well I don't think too many boat related water sports are very safe...people have died on waterskis, tubes, going too fast in jets, v-drives and pwc.....I think its the thrill we do it for.

TJRiver
06-07-2006, 08:39 AM
It's a free country (???) and adults can take as much risk as they want. The problem is that this little toy is being sold to families. Also, it flies better w/ a light weight "pilot" which is often someones' kid (who lacks the ability to recognize and assume the risk of serious injury). I saw one for sale on craigslist yesterday. The seller said he was getting rid of it because he broke four ribs on it...... I am all for Darwinian evolution....of adults. If someone wants to ride this thing and is an adult, more power to 'em. Just keep the kids off. :cool:

NashvilleBound
06-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I, by chance, received my Overtons catalog today in the mail and was checking it out. Not rec for people 12 and younger and not over 200lbs... Wheww.....I was going to get one but I weigh in at 265..... besides the $499 price tag. Do you know how long it would take me to save that many extra food stamps?????

inwo
06-20-2006, 07:26 AM
online marine advertises brand new for $399.
Out of stock. May not get more. "Peeps are starting to get killed" ouch!
Any other cheap places to buy?

HM
06-20-2006, 09:12 AM
Kite tubes banned at Lake Powell. read this thread (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118545&highlight=kite+tube)
I agree that people should be able to take risk as they see fit. But, these things are proving very dangerous and people have no idea as slight wind gust can send these things sailing even when the riders were using it fairly responsibly. The whole colorado river system is basically subject to unpredictiable wind gusts of 10 MPH and more. Normally, I would rant on stupid people ruining for everyone, but, there is very hard evidence that normal people are getting hurt and killed on these things.
I understand, I have dislocated my right hip, broken my right ankle, torn my MCL and meniscus on my right knee, broken two ribs, torn the LCL on my left knee, and slapped my balls so hard on atleast a half a dozen occasions that I thought I would never reproduce again (I have 3 kids since) all while wakeboarding. I would be pissed if someone passed a law making wakeboarding illegal just because I hurt myself...on a regular basis., and impose that on other people who have not hurt themselves.