PDA

View Full Version : Wake boarding behind jet

STROKER ACE
01-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Hoping to wakeboard behind my 76 Hawaiian thinking of building a tower that mounts to my motor like the one I have already the moror is a 460 Ford any ideas.

Cole1313
01-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Hoping to wakeboard behind my 76 Hawaiian thinking of building a tower that mounts to my motor like the one I have already the moror is a 460 Ford any ideas.
Other then looking weird! I have seen a couple of boats around us that have installed the pole in the middle of thier Jet boat. I see this being a better route, mostly because it can be removed when not in use.
I used to wakeboard behind the my 18 COLE Jet all the time. The wake was small but had a good kick to it. I never thought about putting anything on it to get the rope up, I would just find someone who had a wakeboard boat and ask them for a tow.
Let us know what you come up with.

wright27
01-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Get An Older Tournament Boat Weight The Hell Out Of It You Will Be Much Happier.

wrenchdaddy
01-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I wakeboard behind my 18ft jet all the time. wake isn;t very big but it will pull you up fast and as long as the driver doesn;t gun it you won;t get sprayed w/the jet.

El Prosecutor
06-03-2006, 01:32 PM
I wakeboard behind my 18ft jet all the time. wake isn;t very big but it will pull you up fast and as long as the driver doesn;t gun it you won;t get sprayed w/the jet.
Same here. I have been wakeboarding behind my 1975 19' Hawaiian Mini-Day Cruiser Jet and loving it. I am 39 so I don't need to be getting major air, but the wake behind my boat is sufficient to give me some structure to carve on and get some modest air (more than sufficient for me). Pulling up is very easy with the jet, even with a low tow eye, as long as the driver finds the right rate of acceleration.