PDA

View Full Version : Bush makes me wanna scream!!!

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 09:14 AM
Watching a live speech from New Mexico, Bush just said that Americans aren't willing to do certain jobs. Among the jobs he specifically listed were laying tile and roofing. Imagine that, and here I thought Americans were willing to work the construction trades. I know I was willing back when I worked as a roofer.
And dammit, would someone tell him the word is RECOGNIZE, not recky nise!

Tom Brown
06-06-2006, 09:24 AM
He's just relaying information provided to him by his cabinet. That information probably came form the secretary of back wetness.

maxwedge
06-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Since I have done both, does that mean I'm not an American?

RiverToysJas
06-06-2006, 09:28 AM
They act like nobody wash the dishes at restaurants, or clean the beds in motels, if not for illegals. :rolleyes: Yeah, nobody would do it, we'd just sleep on dirty beds, and eat off paper plates. :rolleyes: So stupid! And yes, I would do those jobs.....they are right in line with the skill set of a Moderator anyway! :D
RTJas :D

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Unemployment is at 3%. They guess at 7 million illegals working. Who will take their place again? :crossx:
Not going to happen friends! Wake up and join the guest worker program. At least they will have some documentation. Now you have none.
My other plan is simple. Whenever a cow gets mad cow disease, we know where the cow came from, when it came into the country, where it's siblings are, parents background and location, etc etc. Don't you think it's time we gave every immigrant a cow??? :cool:

Hardly Satisfied
06-06-2006, 09:38 AM
bush sucks

atomickitn
06-06-2006, 09:47 AM
what he should really be saying is Americans wont do those jobs listed, for what they are paying $ them to do .......since the Mexicans are willing to do the work for much cheaper , and we all know you get what you pay for sooo...what ever :)

Seadog
06-06-2006, 09:53 AM
He is not totally wrong. We cannot find enough licensed electricians to fill openings because we cannot compete with construction wages. A contractor working on a project for me is only laying only 2/3 as much asphalt as he wants because he is two trucks short of having enough to keep things moving. He has four trucks just sitting around doing nothing for lack of drivers.
And yet, I have a friend and nephews that cannot find work because they are computer techs and everyone is wanting to do that. I keep telling them that if they learned a trade, they will be employed, but want to play with computers like they have always done.

NOTALENT
06-06-2006, 10:17 AM
He is a focking moron. Amongst the jobs listed, they are mainly jobs that our teens would gladly work if they werent over run my IMMAGRANTS, but no they can barely get these jobs because of how overflooded they are. Im sorry but a 30-40yr old working at Mc Donalds is just sad....with certain exeptions.

Jordy
06-06-2006, 10:24 AM
they are mainly jobs that our teens would gladly work if they werent over run my IMMAGRANTS, but no they can barely get these jobs because of how overflooded they are.
That's the biggest crock of shit I think I've ever read on here. How many teenagers do you see these days that WANT to work??? Most are content with surfing the internet, hanging out with friends at the mall, playing video games and watching TV. Not to mention the liability of having a 17 year old on a jobsite anymore thanks to all the frivelous lawsuits and new insurance regulations because of them.
I know I had the construction jobs when I was in school on Summer break. Started off at $4.25 an hour working 40 hrs a week doing shitty jobs like painting curbs at the office and cleaning up company trucks that engineers had driven through tack before the asphalt was laid down on it. Smart guys. Before that I'd push the lawnmower around the neighborhood seeing who's yard needed to be mowed. :)
Hate to say it, but you don't really see that these days and that's why you see "immigrants" out working. They're hungry and have families to feed. I say more power to them. Document them, withhold taxes and let them go to town. :(

2Driver
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
Most are content with surfing the internet, hanging out with friends
and you have a problem with that? :D :D :D

jbtrailerjim
06-06-2006, 10:32 AM
He is a focking moron. Amongst the jobs listed, they are mainly jobs that our teens would gladly work if they werent over run my IMMAGRANTS, but no they can barely get these jobs because of how overflooded they are. Im sorry but a 30-40yr old working at Mc Donalds is just sad....with certain exeptions.
Yeah good f*cking luck with that. Let me know when you find a good hard working teenager that wants to learn a trade and actually do a hard days work nowadays. Send them my way and I'll hire them.

Jordy
06-06-2006, 10:33 AM
and you have a problem with that? :D :D :D
Do as I say, not as I do. :D :D :D
I'm all about working smarter these days, but we're not talking about me here, we're talking about teenagers who aren't being given the opportunity to work because of the "Immagrants" taking the jobs that they want. :notam: :rolleyes: :D

Jordy
06-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Im sorry but a 30-40yr old working at Mc Donalds is just sad....with certain exeptions.
I'm curious how this relates to the jobs that the teenagers are so hungry for??? Is it that 40 year old immigrants are taking their jobs??? Elaborate please. :notam:

unleashed
06-06-2006, 10:36 AM
Dont forget our prisons. They are full of first time offenders that would be willing to work for lessoning there sentence. We have a workforce that isnt being tapped!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Jordy
06-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Dont forget our prisons. They are full of first time offenders that would be willing to work for lessoning there sentence. We have a workforce that isnt being tapped!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:
The American Criminal Lovers Union would never let that happen though. It would be wrong to subject criminals to that kind of intense labor... ;)

Havasu Hangin'
06-06-2006, 10:38 AM
Bush makes me wanna scream, too.
Shave it for god sakes!

Jordy
06-06-2006, 10:39 AM
Bush makes me wanna scream, too.
Shave it for god sakes!
I'm actually a little disappointed that we got all the way to post #17 before this comment was made. We're losing our touch around here people. :(

Racer277
06-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Yeah good f*cking luck with that. Let me know when you find a good hard working teenager that wants to learn a trade and actually do a hard days work nowadays. Send them my way and I'll hire them.
Can I get an Amen?
Amen!

NOTALENT
06-06-2006, 10:41 AM
That's the biggest crock of shit I think I've ever read on here. How many teenagers do you see these days that WANT to work??? Most are content with surfing the internet, hanging out with friends at the mall, playing video games and watching TV. Not to mention the liability of having a 17 year old on a jobsite anymore thanks to all the frivelous lawsuits and new insurance regulations because of them.
I know I had the construction jobs when I was in school on Summer break. Started off at $4.25 an hour working 40 hrs a week doing shitty jobs like painting curbs at the office and cleaning up company trucks that engineers had driven through tack before the asphalt was laid down on it. Smart guys. Before that I'd push the lawnmower around the neighborhood seeing who's yard needed to be mowed. :)
Hate to say it, but you don't really see that these days and that's why you see "immigrants" out working. They're hungry and have families to feed. I say more power to them. Document them, withhold taxes and let them go to town. :(
I see plenty of teens that want to work these days. Especitally to put themselves through college, get through High School etc.... Teens who just turned 16 are getting turned down at these minimum wage jobs because they are filled with Illegal Immagrants. Screw giving them the right to work...we need to worry about our own first! (Not just teens). Im not saying there working these jobs hoping to have a career from them, but these types of jobs are what should and were typically ran by teens, other then the management positions.

AirtimeLavey
06-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Unemployment is at 3%. They guess at 7 million illegals working. Who will take their place again? :crossx:
Not going to happen friends! Wake up and join the guest worker program. At least they will have some documentation. Now you have none.
My other plan is simple. Whenever a cow gets mad cow disease, we know where the cow came from, when it came into the country, where it's siblings are, parents background and location, etc etc. Don't you think it's time we gave every immigrant a cow??? :cool:
That there's funny....and might just work. :idea: :D

TheLurker
06-06-2006, 10:43 AM
I don’t have a problem with the guest worker program. It is the amnesty that I have a problem with. Get in line like the rest of the law abiding immigrants and then learn the correct language. English!

Racer277
06-06-2006, 10:44 AM
I see plenty of teens that want to work these days. Especitally to put themselves through college, get through High School etc.... Teens who just turned 16 are getting turned down at these minimum wage jobs because they are filled with Illegal Immagrants. Screw giving them the right to work...we need to worry about our own first! (Not just teens). Im not saying there working these jobs hoping to have a career from them, but these types of jobs are what should and were typically ran by teens, other then the management positions.
When was the last time you tried to fill entry level trade positions?
How about apprentices?

Jordy
06-06-2006, 10:45 AM
I see plenty of teens that want to work these days.
Just send them over Jim's way and he'll help them out. I know I haven't seen any out here. Oh, and I'm not talking about teens as I see lots of them, I'm talking about teens who want to work doing a manual labor type job. All the ones I see think they should be pulling down $80K a year and driving a company Porsche to start. ;)

NOTALENT
06-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Maybe in the projects you wont find as many, but shit from the places I have lived they are trying, but nobody wants to give a teen a chance at a "Trade" job. They would rather have someone older and with more expierence.

NOTALENT
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Just send them over Jim's way and he'll help them out. I know I haven't seen any out here. Oh, and I'm not talking about teens as I see lots of them, I'm talking about teens who want to work doing a manual labor type job. All the ones I see think they should be pulling down $80K a year and driving a company Porsche to start. ;)
Haha...yeah...the american dream... :rolleyes: I worked my way up from grunt...its the only way to go. It kills me seeing people wanting to get paid alot of money off the bat....thats just pathetic. The other thing is people working these jobs like walmart, mcdonalds etc....wanting better wages and full benefits working part time...fock that shit...its not a career and doesnt take skill to flip a burger.

Jyruiz
06-06-2006, 10:49 AM
I remember back in the 80's, teens worked at fast food places, I was one of them and it was fun cause the rest of the crew was about the same age. Now, I go into a fast food place, and everybody is middle age and I have to know spanish or I am not getting served. Some of these illegals become managers, and then they end up hiring all of their illegal friends and families.

Biglue
06-06-2006, 10:59 AM
Maybe in the projects you wont find as many, but shit from the places I have lived they are trying, but nobody wants to give a teen a chance at a "Trade" job. They would rather have someone older and with more expierence.
Like it was said Brandon, most teens aren't serious enough about holding a job. Most companies would rather turn them away for liabilities that come with hiring a kid. And BTW, the jobs I see "college bound teen" is for the most part "PART TIME" office work, some store clerk work, Home Depot type jobs even some small labor. Next time you see a place offering these types of jobs, count how many illegals are crammed into that place. :rolleyes: :rollside:
Here at work we have a kid going to LBCC. He is about 20-21 now. He is quite the exception you see to kids today. There is not one person here who fits the Immigrant stereotype taking away his opportunity to hold a job.

2Driver
06-06-2006, 10:59 AM
A contractor working on a project for me is only laying only 2/3 as much asphalt ... I keep telling them that if they learned a trade, they will be employed, but want to play with computers like they have always done.
Hmmmm can't decide, code for $120K a year or drive the 160 degree steaming asphalt widow maker.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347p9160022_laying_asphalt.jpg

Biglue
06-06-2006, 11:03 AM
I remember back in the 80's, teens worked at fast food places, I was one of them and it was fun cause the rest of the crew was about the same age. Now, I go into a fast food place, and everybody is middle age and I have to know spanish or I am not getting served. Some of these illegals become managers, and then they end up hiring all of their illegal friends and families.
I can confirm this from personal experience. Not sure she was an illegal but.....I worked at a Mickey Dees 90-92. One of the girls I worked with there is STILL THERE bro. She is a store manager now but Jesus Christ, guess she never looked down the tunnel for light. :rolleyes:

Jordy
06-06-2006, 11:04 AM
It kills me seeing people wanting to get paid alot of money off the bat....thats just pathetic.
But that's human nature and is ultimately the American way and that's why we're getting our asses handed to us. What our workers won't do for $20/hr because it's beneath them, someone who came here from Mexico, we'll say legally for the point of this exercise, will gladly do for $10 and do twice the job for half the money and be damn happy to do it as it beats working in Mexico for a couple dollars a day if they can find work.
Pathetic or not, would you do your job for half of what you're making now??? I know I wouldn't.
The other thing is people working these jobs like walmart, mcdonalds etc....wanting better wages and full benefits working part time...fock that shit...its not a career and doesnt take skill to flip a burger.
But someone has to do it. I refuse to shop at Walmart based on quite a few principles. First being that they come into towns and shut down all the mom and pop shops by cutting prices. People who work there, with the exception of managment, typically don't make a living wage either. There was a big expose' done about Walmarts in the Phoenix area and something like 75% of the people who work at the Walmarts around here are on some kind of government assistance program, be it Access for health care, or regular food stamps/welfare assistance. Walmart intentionally keeps the hours low so they don't have to pay bennies to their employees.
As far as fast food, the jobs will be filled by those who want to work. I do see lots more non-immigrant types (seeing how that seems to be the measure in this example) working at In-N-Out than I do at McDonalds. Perhaps that's the $8.75 an hour or so that In-N-Out starts people at versus the $5.50 that McDonalds starts at.
Not everyone can be the CEO of a company pulling 6 or 7 figures right out of school Brandon. People have to start somewhere and work up. The problem as I see it is we, as Americans, feel that we're too good to start at certain jobs for certain pay scales. Until that mentality changes, it's a problem that will just get bigger. The world will always need ditch diggers and garbage men. Guess when your family is starving and you swallow some of your pride, it's a little easier to do one of those lower wage blue collar jobs. ;)

Biglue
06-06-2006, 11:16 AM
beats working in Mexico for a couple dollars a day if they can find work.
We import some raw materials from Mexico and I had to check out some issues they were having down at their plant in Mexicali Baja Cali. Their CNC programmer was a young college grad with an Engineering Degree in Mexico. He was in charge of their CAD/CAM part of his dept. He shared with me his wages and he was making 55 pesos a day. It's roughly 10 pesos to the American Dollar. People don't realize that these illegals are fuled by these kinds of working conditions. To them making 8-10 an hour here in the US is a fortune. They will gladly take the job. A kid off the streets here will bitch and moan about making 8-10 bucks/hour.

NOTALENT
06-06-2006, 11:23 AM
But that's human nature and is ultimately the American way and that's why we're getting our asses handed to us. What our workers won't do for $20/hr because it's beneath them, someone who came here from Mexico, we'll say legally for the point of this exercise, will gladly do for $10 and do twice the job for half the money and be damn happy to do it as it beats working in Mexico for a couple dollars a day if they can find work.
Pathetic or not, would you do your job for half of what you're making now??? I know I wouldn't.
But someone has to do it. I refuse to shop at Walmart based on quite a few principles. First being that they come into towns and shut down all the mom and pop shops by cutting prices. People who work there, with the exception of managment, typically don't make a living wage either. There was a big expose' done about Walmarts in the Phoenix area and something like 75% of the people who work at the Walmarts around here are on some kind of government assistance program, be it Access for health care, or regular food stamps/welfare assistance. Walmart intentionally keeps the hours low so they don't have to pay bennies to their employees.
As far as fast food, the jobs will be filled by those who want to work. I do see lots more non-immigrant types (seeing how that seems to be the measure in this example) working at In-N-Out than I do at McDonalds. Perhaps that's the $8.75 an hour or so that In-N-Out starts people at versus the $5.50 that McDonalds starts at.
Not everyone can be the CEO of a company pulling 6 or 7 figures right out of school Brandon. People have to start somewhere and work up. The problem as I see it is we, as Americans, feel that we're too good to start at certain jobs for certain pay scales. Until that mentality changes, it's a problem that will just get bigger. The world will always need ditch diggers and garbage men. Guess when your family is starving and you swallow some of your pride, it's a little easier to do one of those lower wage blue collar jobs. ;)
I definatley agree with you on some points. Its just going to keep getting worse, especially if we allow this temp. work permit. They should not let anyone over that is not a legal citizen. Someone here will work the jobs. If were allowing them to come over and work then we are just feeding the fire. I would only do my job for half pay as a last resort. Whatever it takes to survive, but I would continue to do it until I found something better.
I feel that the people working at walmart and such places are getting paid what they deserve. It takes no skill or education therefore they should not get paid well. Again I dont think such a job should deserve bennies. just my opinion. Inorder to make a living wage, you need a real job. Go to school and get educated and learn. Get the job! Unfortunatley some teens these days and previous years mainly in poverty districts choose to jack off and there the ones who end up in these type jobs.
Im not even sure this is making since. Im trying to do some reports and read and type this at the sametime...so forgive me for that...haha.

topless
06-06-2006, 11:27 AM
My daughter got a job at 15 1/2 making min wage and still has it a year later. She is glad to have the money since I won't buy her all the shit she wants. Don't sit here and say all teenagers are lazy and don't want to work because that is just not true. I say it's the parents fault for handing kids everything they ask for that makes MOST of them not want to work, not all of them.

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 11:35 AM
I have forty jobs right now that you can earn up to $60K per year with overtime. Almost all equipment operators. Oh yea, YOU HAVE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE!!!! Just because before I turn over my million to half million dollar piece of equipment over to you, I would like to think you have a clue about how to maintain and use it. I am not alone, everyone in the valley is in need of workers in the construction industry. A college kid can make $12 to $14 an hour driving a water truck around the jobsite. But we don't see any of those either. :argue:
Sorry, all the "management position" that include focking off on Hot Boat all day are taken!!! That's for the a-hole that owns the place. Oh, by the way, we all pay taxes over here in my company. Last count there are about three hundred of us and I made sure everyone was paying taxes through payroll. And I collect the taxes and pay the appropriate governments, no charge. And, I am not from the US originally either. Sucks huh? Went to college here. Served in the US Army. They paid for my MBA. The helped me buy my first home as well. :) Thanks tax payers!!! :p Oh then I used my education and took a few risks to build the company you probably think I don't deserve right? :yuk:
But you're right. I see teenagers all over the place looking for jobs. It's pathetic. Actually I see hundreds of people looking for work. (NOT!) and the paper has no job openings what so ever!! (BS!!) :220v:
Grow up and get some education! At least take a look around you morons! Unless it's a $100K job you're not interested. And you have 0 qualifications. But you want me to hire you to do what exactly??? :crossx:

NOTALENT
06-06-2006, 11:36 AM
We import some raw materials from Mexico and I had to check out some issues they were having down at their plant in Mexicali Baja Cali. Their CNC programmer was a young college grad with an Engineering Degree in Mexico. He was in charge of their CAD/CAM part of his dept. He shared with me his wages and he was making 55 pesos a day. It's roughly 10 pesos to the American Dollar. People don't realize that these illegals are fuled by these kinds of working conditions. To them making 8-10 an hour here in the US is a fortune. They will gladly take the job. A kid off the streets here will bitch and moan about making 8-10 bucks/hour.
That sucks, but just like people from other countries with degrees....if you come here...you have to start over...and legally.
What I dont get is that all these Mexican Citizens run from the problem. Thats not our fault. They should be there trying to fix the problem. Rather then conforming to the B.S! Rather then doing so they have flyers going around on how to illegally enter the U.S and to take back CA.

Jordy
06-06-2006, 11:42 AM
I have forty jobs right now that you can earn up to $60K per year with overtime. Almost all equipment operators. Oh yea, YOU HAVE TO HAVE EXPERIENCE!!!!
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23blade_002-med.jpg
When do I start??? How much time do I have to play on here each day and keep people in line??? Do I get access to the company boat??? Oh, and I'm going to need some time off next month, is it too early to talk about that??? :D :D :D
I really want this job though:
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/232300_35121.jpg
Hey, isn't this the last teenager you hired Rob???
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC00007-med.jpg
:D :D :D

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 11:44 AM
That whole reply is why Jordy doesn't do the hiring at my company!! LOL

Jordy
06-06-2006, 11:48 AM
That whole reply is why Jordy doesn't do the hiring at my company!! LOL
Don't tell me you're still upset about that girl I hired. Who knew her DDD's would get in the way of the steering wheel. It was an honest mistake. :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23upsidedown.jpg
Besides, stripper, strip miner, it's really not that much of a stretch if you think about it. :D :D :D

Jordy
06-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Or was it that job in Flagstaff??? She didn't tell me she'd never been in a dozer before, so technically that's not my fault either. :D :D :D
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23avoid-pond.jpg

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 11:56 AM
tell me you don't have a pic of the generator on the boat down in Mexico and it's underwater???

Jordy
06-06-2006, 12:03 PM
tell me you don't have a pic of the generator on the boat down in Mexico and it's underwater???
Not yet. Is there something you're not telling me??? :D :D :D

Biglue
06-06-2006, 12:08 PM
That sucks, but just like people from other countries with degrees....if you come here...you have to start over...and legally.
What I dont get is that all these Mexican Citizens run from the problem. Thats not our fault. They should be there trying to fix the problem. Rather then conforming to the B.S! Rather then doing so they have flyers going around on how to illegally enter the U.S and to take back CA.
Not condoning what is going on with illegal immigrants dude. I was simply stating a point. Most younger folks don't have the hunger for a $10 an hour job like the person I was talking about in my last post. Changing the problem as you say is whole different topic.

Biglue
06-06-2006, 12:11 PM
My daughter got a job at 15 1/2 making min wage and still has it a year later. She is glad to have the money since I won't buy her all the shit she wants. Don't sit here and say all teenagers are lazy and don't want to work because that is just not true. I say it's the parents fault for handing kids everything they ask for that makes MOST of them not want to work, not all of them.
Good for her Alison. Her getting an early employment start will only strengthen her work ethic. I too started working about the same age. Delivered newspaper at an even younger age.............Look at me know. :D
Who knows maybe some day she too can live the dream and work up a post count on ***boat. :D J/K.

Howie Feltersnatch
06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
McDonalds etc want to hire illegals because they'll work for years at 5 bucks an hour, never ask for a raise, and take the mushroom treatment with a smile and ask for more. Teenagers on the other hand might work full time in the summer, can't in the winter, and are gone whrn they hit college age or move on to real jobs.
I saw an interview with Eva Longoria (I think) recently on the tonight show and she was saying she used to work at Burger King in high school. She worked there for 3 years - all during school. She said she went back when she was in town recently and one of the people she used to work with was STILL THERE (like 10 years later) - now the manager.

460 jus getn it
06-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Good for her Alison. Her getting an early employment start will only strengthen her work ethic. I too started working about the same age. Delivered newspaper at an even younger age.............Look at me know. :D
Who knows maybe some day she too can live the dream and work up a post count on ***boat. :D J/K.
Thats too funny............................................. ................................

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 12:50 PM
[QUOTE=Howie Feltersnatch]McDonalds etc want to hire illegals because they'll work for years at 5 bucks an hour, never ask for a raise, and take the mushroom treatment with a smile and ask for more. Teenagers on the other hand might work full time in the summer, can't in the winter, and are gone whrn they hit college age or move on to real jobs.QUOTE]
Yea, I know for a fact that McDonalds etc. go to Mexico to recruit. They have job posting everywhere asking for "illegals!" They also pay them under the table so they don't have to pay taxes! They don't even take applications! And they have no respect for the law that tells them to obtain two forms of ID. Oh, and if they doubt or question the validity of the ID, they are subject to discrimination lawsuit! :argue:
Soooo what Taco Bell do you work at? :p

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Oh, I forgot how McDonalds etc used to pay their teenagers $15 to $20 an hour! Bastards! How could they do this to us??? The Feds know all about it as well. Why won't they bust all the McDonalds as an example! Outrageous!!! :crossx:

dbleD's69
06-06-2006, 12:54 PM
I have a 17 who has worked @ albertsons for about 9 months now. Started as cart B*tch/bagger, promoted within 3 months to stocking. He works 24+ hrs a week , kept his lawn mowing route that he started @ 15, and goes to school fulltime.
I will admit that this is rare but he wants to have everything me and his dad have and he knows the only way to get it is to work hard!!
So are you ready to hire him????????????

Biglue
06-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Oh, I forgot how McDonalds etc used to pay their teenagers $15 to $20 an hour! Bastards! How could they do this to us??? The Feds know all about it as well. Why won't they bust all the McDonalds as an example! Outrageous!!! :crossx:
Damn...........Best I did was 4.65/hr at Mcdonalds. They must have labeled me as an illegal. :rolleyes: :crossx:

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 12:57 PM
Oh man.....sorry I forgot to add that Bush himself called Mcdonalds etc. and told them it was ok.............my fault for not including that.
Is moron day almost over yet??? :crossx:

Jordy
06-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Oh man.....sorry I forgot to add that Bush himself called Mcdonalds etc. and told them it was ok.............
Bush is an oil man and this war is about oil and McDonalds uses oil in the fryers. I see a great big conspiracy cooking here. A C-O-N-... spiracy I tell ya, and I even got to use cooking in a post about McDonalds fryers. I'm on FIRE today!!! :D :D
Personally I believe that Ronald McDonald was the second gunman on the grassy knoll. He is a Cuban national afterall. :D :D :D

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Actually I believe that Cheney is Ronald McDonald. He loves Mexicans as well! And he and Vicente Fox have a conspiracy to corner the fryer oil market. Even Bush is out on this one! :crossx:
Where are the smart boys that started this thread? Can't they help us out here???? Oh, sorry, forgot there is a Hillary for President campaign stop at KFC where they are working!! Crap! They have a need for oil too!!!! It's so far reaching this thing!!! :yuk:

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 01:37 PM
That's just retarded! Talk about "pie in the sky" :rolleyes: The only employers that will be looking for these newly documented workers are the ones that turn away illegals now. After all, once the current illegal population becomes "legal", do you think they are gonna continue to work for crap wages that employers are paying? Nope, and do you think the flood of new illegals will stop? Nope, new ones will come to take on the work that "legal illegals won't do". Ain't that gonna be a hoot!
And, I am not from the US originally either. Sucks huh? Went to college here. Served in the US Army. They paid for my MBA. The helped me buy my first home as well. :) Thanks tax payers!!! :p Oh then I used my education and took a few risks to build the company you probably think I don't deserve right? :yuk:
Why would you not deserve it? I'm guessing you came here legally..... Please don't confuse legal immigration with illegal immigration. My wife came from elsewhere too, and I'm glad she did. But, she did so at a major expense to her family.........and legally after quite a few years waiting OUTSIDE the country for her turn!

No Name
06-06-2006, 01:38 PM
With all this McDonalds talk I’m thinking.......BIG MAC. :D

Big Warlock
06-06-2006, 01:45 PM
Force 26, we agree to disagree.
As for McDonalds, at least I speak spanish so I can order!!!

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 01:50 PM
As for McDonalds, at least I speak spanish so I can order!!!
Ain't that a crying shame
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1284english-med.jpg

Howie Feltersnatch
06-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Wow... Lot of McDonalds fans here. I mentioned Burger King too. Guess nobody eats there.

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Where are the smart boys that started this thread?
Force 26, we agree to disagree.
Well said, AZJD :rolleyes:

Dave C
06-06-2006, 02:25 PM
classic...
:rollside:
Bush is an oil man and this war is about oil and McDonalds uses oil in the fryers. I see a great big conspiracy cooking here. A C-O-N-... spiracy I tell ya, and I even got to use cooking in a post about McDonalds fryers. I'm on FIRE today!!! :D :D
Personally I believe that Ronald McDonald was the second gunman on the grassy knoll. He is a Cuban national afterall. :D :D :D

Chico&Zeus
06-06-2006, 03:47 PM
I was raised in a poor home, my father worked his ass off at 2 jobs and my mom worked also. When I was 12, I started working as a bus boy at my Uncle's diner for cash on Friday and Saturday nights. I did that until I was 16 and old enough to get a job at the local grocery store after school and on weekends. In the summer months, I worked midnights stocking shelves and then went to my job at an icehouse packing ice until about noon. At 18, I got into the Union and started night school, now I have a degree and am a project manager for a large construction company...hard work paid off.
P.S. I have never called in sick or had an unplanned absence from work, I take pride in my job and have never let the fact that I was a "young kid" hold me back. If there are teens out there that want it, it's there for the taking. Everybody has to start somewhere.

jbtrailerjim
06-06-2006, 04:13 PM
I have a 17 who has worked @ albertsons for about 9 months now. Started as cart B*tch/bagger, promoted within 3 months to stocking. He works 24+ hrs a week , kept his lawn mowing route that he started @ 15, and goes to school fulltime.
I will admit that this is rare but he wants to have everything me and his dad have and he knows the only way to get it is to work hard!!
So are you ready to hire him????????????
Sounds like he is looking for a part time job. I don't hire part time help. But if he is willing to work full time, Mon-Fri, 8:00-4:30, wants to learn something, is not afraid to get really dirty, has some basic mechanical skills, willing to eventually purchase his own tools, has reliable transportation, and is dependable. Send him my way and I'd be more than happy to talk to him. I only start a trainee at $8.00-$9.00 an hour. An experienced trailer mechanic in my industry right now tops out at about $18.50 an hour.

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 05:33 PM
Sounds like he is looking for a part time job. I don't hire part time help. But if he is willing to work full time, Mon-Fri, 8:00-4:30, wants to learn something, is not afraid to get really dirty, has some basic mechanical skills, willing to eventually purchase his own tools, has reliable transportation, and is dependable. Send him my way and I'd be more than happy to talk to him. I only start a trainee at $8.00-$9.00 an hour. An experienced trailer mechanic in my industry right now tops out at about $18.50 an hour.
If my boy were mechanically inclined, I'd send him your way. He busts ass at work and got a quick promotion as a result. But, I've seen him with tools in hand, and it's scary to say the least :cry: If it weren't for his union, I'm sure his would be another job that Americans were unwilling to do.

Buff
06-06-2006, 05:50 PM
I know I'm gonna sound like a conspiracy freak here but I think this illegal appeasement is just the beginning of some master plan to merge the US with Canada and Mexico. It is the first serious move towards a one world govt. by the behind the scenes master planners that pull Bush's strings. Hey - maybe there is some good boating down south. - buff

Jordy
06-06-2006, 05:58 PM
In case you all missed it the first time, we have 3% unemployment with an estimated 7 million illegals workers holding jobs in the US. Who is going to do their work exactly? You people argue just to hear yourselves talk. You don't have a clue.
What are you thinking trying to interject logic into a Bush bashing thread??? He hates black people, loves illegal immigrants and is at war for oil. Oh, and the hurricanes were his fault too. In fact, we're having a dust storm here right now. I'm blaming him for that too!!! :D :D :D

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 06:01 PM
In case you all missed it the first time, we have 3% unemployment with an estimated 7 million illegals workers holding jobs in the US. Who is going to do their work exactly? You people argue just to hear yourselves talk. You don't have a clue.
U.S. population appx 300 mil, 7 mil divided by 300 mil equals 2 percent, leaves 1 percent to be unemployed even after we purge the system. Sorry, your numbers just don't add up. Nice try though.

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 06:04 PM
What are you thinking trying to interject logic into a Bush bashing thread??? He hates black people, loves illegal immigrants and is at war for oil. Oh, and the hurricanes were his fault too. In fact, we're having a dust storm here right now. I'm blaming him for that too!!! :D :D :DWhoa, not bush bashing! Well, maybe a little. I'm just frustrated with illegal immigration policies from both sides of the isle. I voted for the man twice, and despite my frustration, if time were turned back and the choices the same, I would do it again.
And dammit the word isn't recky nize!

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Is moron day almost over yet??? :crossx:
Not until you go to bed................

Arizona Don
06-06-2006, 06:10 PM
My son has worked 40 hours a week as a programmer for the last three years, using skills that he taught himself,beginning at age ten. He also found the time to get a year up on college credits and he also graduated sixth in his class (of 360) earning a "presidential" scholarship to ASU. His company considers him "irreplaceable" and will probably keep him by allowing him to tellecommute while in college.
He has never roofed, finished cement, flipped burgers, or washed cars.... why should he? He's makin close to triple the minimum wage working an executive position in an air conditioned office!
I don't consider my son stupid or lazy because he needs hired help to work on his car. He simply has different skills!
He intends to learn how to design computers, because he fears that in the next four years, ALL programming positions will have been outsourced to India OR the wages for the remaining jobs will be downgraded to Indian wages.
What we can all agree on here, is that both the imported illegals and outsourced job recipients (Indians in this case) are sucking any chance of good wages out of our economy by oversupplying our labor pool with workers that are willing to underbid their wage to get our jobs. It's simple, basic supply and demand, where the free market determines the wage without any regard for the minimum income needed for a worker to live a civilized American existence.
What I like to call these bottom feeding foriegn workers is "global villagers" because if we continue on our present course, we will be living in the cardboard shack right next door to them and working for the same wages as them (if we want to work!)
The Bush administration is hard at work importing global villagers into our neighborhoods almost as fast as jobs are being shipped out to other global villagers.
If you hate unions, good for you! You're helping this free market globalist cause!
If you like this and think that discretionary income is wasted on American workers, tell me where all the goods produced by the global village will be sold when Americans no longer have any extra spendable money(?)

Seadog
06-06-2006, 06:20 PM
The problems of our country are not going to be solved by getting rid of illegal aliens. It would be a good start, tho. We need to teach our kids to be more familar with doing things with their hands and brains. I see too many kids that do nothing because their parents don't take the time to teach them a work ethic.
We have spent decades getting to this point, so we will not find a solution overnight. Short term solutions because of political expediancy is not the answer. Crack down on employers, and send them home. You will not get them all, but it will be a start.

Jordy
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
U.S. population appx 300 mil, 7 mil divided by 300 mil equals 2 percent, leaves 1 percent to be unemployed even after we purge the system. Sorry, your numbers just don't add up. Nice try though.
That's assuming that those are people between the ages of 18-65, and viable workers not on metal or physical disability and then it really stretches to believe that those people want to work doing menial tasks for a minimum wage. I know there is a whole population in the South that haven't worked for generations, just happy living off the government checks. Where do they fit in??? Cut the checks and tell them to go clean toilets for $6.00 an hour??? Good luck with all that. ;)

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 06:40 PM
I don't consider my son stupid or lazy because he needs hired help to work on his car. He simply has different skills!
Bingo! There is nothing wrong with working with your hands and nothing wrong with paying a skilled professional to handle the skills you don't possess! My father was an engineer and I could have done the same, but I like working with my hands. I expect to make a little less doing menial labor, but I make up for it in other endeavors. I'm an American, and Dammit, I'm willing to work!!!!

Biglue
06-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I know there is a whole population in the South that haven't worked for generations, just happy living off the government checks. Where do they fit in??? Cut the checks and tell them to go clean toilets for $6.00 an hour??? Good luck with all that. ;)
They wont work for Bush though. Remember how he caused them the hurricanes? :)

Jordy
06-06-2006, 06:48 PM
They wont work for Bush though. Remember how he caused them the hurricanes? :)
Yeah, and they wouldn't work for Clinton because he caused moist cigars, and they wouldn't work for Poppa Bush because... They can come up with reasons not to work for anyone and have for generations. Whole different mentality there.

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 07:22 PM
That's assuming that those are people between the ages of 18-65, and viable workers not on metal or physical disability and then it really stretches to believe that those people want to work doing menial tasks for a minimum wage. I know there is a whole population in the South that haven't worked for generations, just happy living off the government checks. Where do they fit in??? Cut the checks and tell them to go clean toilets for $6.00 an hour??? Good luck with all that. ;)
I understand, I'm just sayin' that the sky isn't gonna fall if all of the sudden the illegals disappeared. That being said, if there were a shortage of those willing to do menial labor (10,000 street corners says there isn't) then, we (the US government) would increase the quota of what we need from down south and allow more of those folks in. You know, all legal like. I never said get rid of Mexicans (Guatamalans, etc.) I said get rid of those who come illegally.

Biglue
06-06-2006, 07:26 PM
I understand, I'm just sayin' that the sky isn't gonna fall if all of the sudden the illegals disappeared. That being said, if there were a shortage of those willing to do menial labor (10,000 street corners says there isn't) then, we (the US government) would increase the quota of what we need from down south and allow more of those folks in. You know, all legal like. I never said get rid of Mexicans (Guatamalans, etc.) I said get rid of those who come illegally.
Well if you do that, who's going to build Kachinas? :)

Jordy
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
(10,000 street corners says there isn't)
Are you suggesting the people with the "Will work for food" signs??? Ever try to get one of those people to work??? Good luck. They'll flat out tell you that they will make more money (tax free) standing on a corner doing nothing other than walking around with an empty Burger King (someone wanted a BK reference) cup doing the panhandling act. I have construction friends who would try to get them to work picking up around a jobsite for $12/hr with breakfast and lunch provided for them and an extra $10 for dinner when they were done and were flat out told to "F OFF, I'll make more money standing here." So much for the street corner plan. :notam:

Biglue
06-07-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeah, and they wouldn't work for Clinton because he caused moist cigars, and they wouldn't work for Poppa Bush because... They can come up with reasons not to work for anyone and have for generations. Whole different mentality there.
Here's a little interesting something we were just talking about yesterday.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13178949/

Kachina26
06-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Are you suggesting the people with the "Will work for food" signs??? Not those guys!!!!
These guys!
http://www.photoeditinc.com/pr/733316730/Photo%20Edit_IMM251TC_001_001.jpg

Jordy
06-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Not those guys!!!!
These guys!
I didn't realize that legal documeted workers hung out on street corners. Now I'm really confused. :idea:

Kachina26
06-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Well if you do that, who's going to build Kachinas? :)
I guess Louie and Sy will have to put their heads together on that one.....
Commander http://commanderboats.com/images/s2.gif

Kachina26
06-07-2006, 11:10 AM
I didn't realize that legal documeted workers hung out on street corners. Now I'm really confused. :idea:
Crap...... OK, I'm gonna type really slow for ya :D:D:D We clean house, then once we do, we can allow folks in on a quota type basis. You know, the way we do for those who are patiently waiting outside the country for legal entry right now. Meaning as gaps in laborers occur, we bring in laborers. Of course after they meet the same criteria as everyone else seeking entry. You know, screening for TB and other diseases that we don't need to import.
Hey look over there, it's another TT thread started by Rob........

2Driver
06-07-2006, 12:11 PM
What are you thinking trying to interject logic into a Bush bashing thread??? In fact, we're having a dust storm here right now. I'm blaming him for that too!!!
To funny. But seriously, the dust storm last night was his fault. I had to use an extra gallon in my gas blower just to cleanup the back yard today. :D

Biglue
06-07-2006, 02:29 PM
I guess Louie and Sy will have to put their heads together on that one.....
Commander
http://commanderboats.com/images/s2.gif
Do ya think that Kachina could use some of those "legal" East LA mural type painters that do their graphics for them once all the illegals are gone? I'm sure their "will work for food" sings are very nicely drawn out :D

Kachina26
06-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Do ya think that Kachina could use some of those "legal" East LA mural type painters that do their graphics for them once all the illegals are gone? I'm sure their "will work for food" sings are very nicely drawn out :D
Kachina won't lose their mural guy, I'm pretty sure Pat is perfectly legal. Unless he's a GD Canuck!!!