PDA

View Full Version : Home alarm recommendation in Havi

That Guy
06-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Has anyone had a home alarm installed in their house in Havi by someone you would recommend. Not satisfied with our current set-up and would appreciate any recommendations from anyone who has had a good experience. Thanks.... :)

djunkie
06-06-2006, 02:14 PM
Has anyone had a home alarm installed in their house in Havi by someone you would recommend. Not satisfied with our current set-up and would appreciate any recommendations from anyone who has had a good experience. Thanks.... :)
I'm getting ready to have one installed myself. What do you have now that your not happy with?

Kachina26
06-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I used Brinks, installed by Easy Tech Connections, 928.453.4920 I'm happy with the job. House was prewired though, so not much work on their part.

Throttle
06-06-2006, 02:20 PM
mmmmmmm :idea:

Havasu1986
06-06-2006, 02:22 PM
We have ADT. The installer came from Phoenix. We choose them because we have the same system in Yorba Linda and we tied the 2 bills together. The only problem was the salesman didn't want to drive to Havi so I sent him a sketch to price it.

That Guy
06-06-2006, 03:06 PM
I'm getting ready to have one installed myself. What do you have now that your not happy with?
Right now I have a shot gun tied to a string to the front door.... :crossx: Just wanted to get some recommendations.

Jyruiz
06-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Right now I have a shot gun tied to a string to the front door.... :crossx: Just wanted to get some recommendations.
I hear those are the cheapest and most effective. :)

INSman
06-06-2006, 03:13 PM
Mohave Integrated is my install and monitoring company

Relaxalot
06-06-2006, 03:15 PM
Our house in Havasu uses Mohave Valley? Does anyone know if any companies offer wireless radio alarm services? I am sick of paying a 30.00 a month phone bill on top of the alarm monitoring charge. We never use the phone at home. IMO, it would be best to have a wireless service. Any ideas???

That Guy
06-06-2006, 03:26 PM
Blane: Good service and you're happy with them...? Is there someone in particular that I should call? Thanks..... :)

voodoomedman
06-06-2006, 03:31 PM
Our house in Havasu uses Mohave Valley? Does anyone know if any companies offer wireless radio alarm services? I am sick of paying a 30.00 a month phone bill on top of the alarm monitoring charge. We never use the phone at home. IMO, it would be best to have a wireless service. Any ideas???
Western Alarm. They have been great. The system isn't going to be free but you can get setup pretty well for about 700 or so. They are local and do the monitoring. They do it via radio if you want. That is about 200-250 bucks of the 700 dollar equipment cost but the monitoring is like 12 bucks a month. If you want to pay an extra couple of bucks a month they will keep a key for you and check on the house if the alarm is going off (after they send the cops anyway) I personally have awesome full time neighbors that I trust so they have a key and I save the money.

voodoomedman
06-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Mohave was very cool when I talked to them but I believe they sub out the monitoring and cannot do it radio. I wanted radio because it is cheaper monthly, you don't have to have a house phone, and a thief can just cut your phone line.

That Guy
06-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Western Alarm. They have been great. The system isn't going to be free but you can get setup pretty well for about 700 or so. They are local and do the monitoring. They do it via radio if you want. That is about 200-250 bucks of the 700 dollar equipment cost but the monitoring is like 12 bucks a month. If you want to pay an extra couple of bucks a month they will keep a key for you and check on the house if the alarm is going off (after they send the cops anyway) I personally have awesome full time neighbors that I trust so they have a key and I save the money.
Voodoo...do you have a contact name that I could call? Thanks... :)

River918
06-06-2006, 03:46 PM
I'd be more than happy to keep an eye on your house, boat and Denise when you're not around..... :crossx:

voodoomedman
06-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Voodoo...do you have a contact name that I could call? Thanks... :)
I can't remember who I talked to since we bought the house in 04. I think it might have been the owner. Their # is 928-855-5608. Just call and talk to them. Make sure when talking about service pricing to mention you know someone who is getting radio for 12 a month if they tell you it's more than that. Also you should be able to haggle on the price a little. And then when the guys get there to install and you want some extra stuff you should be able to haggle a little bit too and if need be give them some under the table cash to hook you up.

Phat Matt
06-06-2006, 04:22 PM
The shotgun is easy to get around, trust me. :)
I think you need sharks with fricken laser beams in the pool. :D

Havasu1986
06-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Mohave was very cool when I talked to them but I believe they sub out the monitoring and cannot do it radio. I wanted radio because it is cheaper monthly, you don't have to have a house phone, and a thief can just cut your phone line.
Our system has back up batteries that last along time if the line is cut, and a alarm beeps if the batteries are low

Essex502
06-06-2006, 04:53 PM
Blaine...I dont' think Mohave Integrated is monitoring you anymore...they sold the business.

That Guy
06-06-2006, 05:27 PM
I'd be more than happy to keep an eye on your house, boat and Denise when you're not around..... :crossx:
Always the giver...... :crossx:

voodoomedman
06-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Our system has back up batteries that last along time if the line is cut, and a alarm beeps if the batteries are low
They all have backup batteries. I was referring to the phone line. If they cut the phone line then the monitoring center will never know that the alarm is going off. Of course there are ways to protect your phone line but it's kind of a hassle.

INSman
06-06-2006, 05:44 PM
Blaine...I dont' think Mohave Integrated is monitoring you anymore...they sold the business.
Thanks for telling EVERYONE Mike !! :hammerhea :D

AirtimeLavey
06-06-2006, 10:12 PM
Most alarm cos. sub out their monitoring. If the co. was sold, the accounts probably went to new co., and are most likely still monitored. It's all about deterance anyway. The most valuable part of the alarm system, is the yard sign out front, and the stickers on the back doors/windows. Monitoring is good if you don't live at the house full-time, or if you have the smoke det. monitored as well. Otherwise, PD response is low priority on alarm calls. Rarely catch anyone. The signs and sirens (comotion, hopefully deter and prevent a successful attempt). Usually it's someone in the neighborhood, looking for quick grabs; cash, jewelry, guns. Pros will know you have something specific that they want, and the avg. alarm won't stop them, as they will have scoped you out in one way or another. Lights or other signs of occupancy are good deterants. 60% actually come through front door. After that, it's usually somewhere around back, like a sliding glass door, or windows that don't close well, or are easy to slide open.
I know this wasn't the question....but I was bored, so thought I'd share a little of over 10 yrs. exp. in the business. Alarm bus., that is, not burg. business. :boxed:

Kilrtoy
06-06-2006, 10:16 PM
If you would just send Denise over i would stop breaking in and taking her, PROMISE

Havasu1986
06-06-2006, 10:17 PM
They all have backup batteries. I was referring to the phone line. If they cut the phone line then the monitoring center will never know that the alarm is going off. Of course there are ways to protect your phone line but it's kind of a hassle.
Sorry missed the PHONE line part ,thought you meant power. I'm hope we have a back up plan for that. Will check when beer wears off.

voodoomedman
06-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Most alarm cos. sub out their monitoring. If the co. was sold, the accounts probably went to new co., and are most likely still monitored. It's all about deterance anyway. The most valuable part of the alarm system, is the yard sign out front, and the stickers on the back doors/windows. Monitoring is good if you don't live at the house full-time, or if you have the smoke det. monitored as well. Otherwise, PD response is low priority on alarm calls. Rarely catch anyone. The signs and sirens (comotion, hopefully deter and prevent a successful attempt). Usually it's someone in the neighborhood, looking for quick grabs; cash, jewelry, guns. Pros will know you have something specific that they want, and the avg. alarm won't stop them, as they will have scoped you out in one way or another. Lights or other signs of occupancy are good deterants. 60% actually come through front door. After that, it's usually somewhere around back, like a sliding glass door, or windows that don't close well, or are easy to slide open.
I know this wasn't the question....but I was bored, so thought I'd share a little of over 10 yrs. exp. in the business. Alarm bus., that is, not burg. business. :boxed:
Depends on where you live actually. My hometown PD response time is under 5 minutes. Also my alarm went off once in Havi and Havi PD was there in about 5 minutes. Anyways, they can take a TV or something and I can replace it easily but I don't want them there long enough to take everything and to vandalize. Also I have one especially cuz of the boat. I have a prop lock on a stern drive lock, locks all over the trailer and at least half the year the truck is parked in front of it with it own locks and alarms. This on top of the garage being alarmed like for knox. There is not enough time for them to get my boat before the cops get there. They could maybe get some stereo stuff if my neighbors don't kill em first. And as far as the front door thing. I got my first alarm because I came home from work one day to find my house being robbed. He broke my back window in my other house. To make a long story short I caught him and put him prison. I will always have an alarm especially now that I have a child. We sleep with the alarm on. That way if something happens I can worry about protecting my wife and son and not about having to call the cops. Somebody else can do that. When I found out the guy was still in the house I dropped the phone before dialing 911 and bumrushed the Fooker. Half a mile, 5 fences and a gate finally I got someone to call the cops after I was screaming for a few minutes for help.

That Guy
06-07-2006, 08:43 AM
If you would just send Denise over i would stop breaking in and taking her, PROMISE
Another humanitarian....... :crossx: :) What I want to know is how come Yvonne never breaks in .... :rollside:

Phat Matt
06-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Another humanitarian....... :crossx: :) What I want to know is how come Yvonne never breaks in .... :rollside:
She doesn't need to break in, you left her a key. :)

That Guy
06-07-2006, 08:58 AM
She doesn't need to break in, you left her a key. :)
Shhhhhhhhhhhh :p :)