PDA

View Full Version : Thinking back

Ziggy
06-06-2006, 03:19 PM
So last night I went to my neices graduation and listened to all the commencement speaches by students and faculty. Some very enlightened kids.
It kinda made me think back to my graduation some decades ago, trying to recall what was said to us starry eyed 17 and 18 yr olds, some who thought this was the end of people controling us.
One school official had some good advise for the kids, probably much the same advise we got way back when.
After all was said and done, the grads whoopin and hollering and all the families trying to find one another on the field. Walking thru all the kids you can see in their eyes some just might be somewhat lost soon, others are focused..............
I don't know why...........the whole situation made me think back. I think I was stuck between "lost and focused"...........and that put a smile on my face. :)

Mrs. casean
06-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Aaawwww Ziggy, you're getting sentimental on us :D It's true though! If we only knew then what we know now :rollside:

Thorsinc
06-06-2006, 03:29 PM
ThatÂ’s the worst part going to those events. Back then I knew everything. And today, I know nothing.

JB in so cal
06-06-2006, 03:38 PM
people always get a little sentimental in the "sunset" years :) :)

Ziggy
06-06-2006, 04:07 PM
people always get a little sentimental in the "sunset" years :) :)
You're probably right.......I didn't feel the same thing at my son's graduation 5 yrs ago.......things change when you're a grandpa I suppose...
Its like listening to my mother talk about things I did in my youth.

phebus
06-06-2006, 05:46 PM
Homo :rollside:

Ziggy
06-06-2006, 06:00 PM
Homo :rollside:
They were right, you are mean :D
wrong thread.........

riverroyal
06-06-2006, 06:02 PM
will give you hug,he will be on the cruise ship with outcoled

phebus