PDA

View Full Version : Chevy beat Ford????

PHOTOGLOU
01-04-2006, 11:34 AM
In truck sales.......Should be announced tonight......

Squirtin Thunder
01-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Pritty Pritty Princes Trucks !!! :yuk:
And then for the kick in the junk they deside to release the '07s ???
That is not playing by the rules that Ford put in place many many years ago.

Eliminator 4 Life
01-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Who had the most lemon laws I would like to know that too

PHOTOGLOU
01-04-2006, 11:41 AM
In diesels I can be pretty sure I know.......

Phat Matt
01-04-2006, 11:42 AM
I heard it was because of their secret weapon...Jay and ***boat. :D

Eliminator 4 Life
01-04-2006, 11:42 AM
In diesels I can be pretty sure I know.......
I had one of each so I wouldnt go there :)

PHOTOGLOU
01-04-2006, 11:43 AM
I had one of each so I wouldnt go there :)
So how's the Dodge....... Besides numbers are numbers

cdog
01-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Pritty Pritty Princes Trucks !!! :yuk:
And then for the kick in the junk they deside to release the '07s ???
That is not playing by the rules that Ford put in place many many years ago.
Fact is, if you combine the Chevy and Gmc sales they out sell the F150 by far every year. Either way their all pretty good trucks. Just buy american.

PHOTOGLOU
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Fact is, if you combine the Chevy and Gmc sales they out sell the F150 by far every year. Either way their all pretty good trucks. Just buy american.
Yes they did that last year but this year Chevy should have done it on their own

riverracerx
01-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Jay, when is the Avalanche and EXT coming out?

PHOTOGLOU
01-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Jay, when is the Avalanche and EXT coming out?
??????

Eliminator 4 Life
01-04-2006, 11:48 AM
So how's the Dodge....... Besides numbers are numbers
naw it was a GMC and a Ford now I got a F150 with problems whats next :mad:

Biglue
01-04-2006, 11:56 AM
In truck sales.......Should be announced tonight......
I swtiched from Ford to Chevy this year. Pretty good decision so far. Love my new Chevy. :)

riverbound
01-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Could it be because Chevy started "giving away" trucks way before Ford was forced to sell there trucks with little to No margin in an attempt to keep some market share?
Of course when it came down to it, people didnt buy Chevy's this year because of Quality, reliabiltiy, etc.....it was ALL about price. Does anyone really think the #'s would be the same without "employee pricing"???

Biglue
01-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Could it be because Chevy started "giving away" trucks way before Ford was forced to sell there trucks with little to No margin in an attempt to keep some market share?
Of course when it came down to it, people didnt buy Chevy's this year because of Quality, reliabiltiy, etc.....it was ALL about price. Does anyone really think the #'s would be the same without "employee pricing"???
Maybe not.
But I can tell you that after putting up with Ford on fixing my old truck even though it was the dealer (a blue oval certified dealer) I would not deal with them again. To think I almost bought a 2nd truck from them. Fock that. :mad:

riverbound
01-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Maybe not.
But I can tell you that after putting up with Ford on fixing my old truck even though it was the dealer (a blue oval certified dealer) I would not deal with them again. To think I almost bought a 2nd truck from them. Fock that. :mad:
I would venture out to say there are probably the same # of people that say the same thing about Chevy.
The whole Chevy Vs. Ford thing is pretty even. For example I feel the same way about Chevy's so I would cancel you out. Something has obviously pushed Chevy ahead (which is not normal) and the ONLY thing Chevy realy changed this year is the introduction of "Employee Pricing"

ROZ
01-04-2006, 12:31 PM
World wide truck sales or just the continental US ?
Public employee offer had a lot to do with the increased US sales..
How about next years comps :D

Biglue
01-04-2006, 12:33 PM
I would venture out to say there are probably the same # of people that say the same thing about Chevy.
The whole Chevy Vs. Ford thing is pretty even. For example I feel the same way about Chevy's so I would cancel you out. Something has obviously pushed Chevy ahead (which is not normal) and the ONLY thing Chevy realy changed this year is the introduction of "Employee Pricing"
Don't forget that Ford and Dodge offered the equivalent of the employee pricing to compete as well. Then Ford went with the "NO HASSLE" sticker pricing. But like someone else mentioned when you look at gmc and chevy truck sales they beat Ford. They are basically the same truck. :yuk: :crossx:

ROZ
01-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Don't forget that Ford and Dodge offered the equivalent of the employee pricing to compete as well. Then Ford went with the "NO HASSLE" sticker pricing. But like someone else mentioned when you look at gmc and chevy truck sales they beat Ford. They are basically the same truck. :yuk: :crossx:
They did, but it was much later during the GM campaign.
Again, was this world wide sales or within the continental US?
Toyota's total sales passed Ford a couple years ago, and knocked GM off the top this last year in total vehicle units sold world wide...

riverbound
01-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Toyota's total sales passed Ford a couple years ago, and knocked GM off the top this last year in total vehicle units sold world wide...
I was gonna say the same thing. :D

Biglue
01-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Once the Toyotas and the Nissans come up with an HD or F250 equivalent they will conquer that market also.....just watch.
And yes I hear what you and RB are saying. For me I like the Chevy better over the Ford.
But the bottom line is best numbers......no matter how they did it. :crossx: :crossx:

ROZ
01-04-2006, 01:00 PM
Once the Toyotas and the Nissans come up with an HD or F250 equivalent they will conquer that market also.....just watch.
Kinda funny... With all the competitive pricing going on the the hd2500 and f250 up markets, it appears that there is no profit margin.. So why go there when you can be top dog without that market? No brainer, then again they probably have a more profitable way of going about that business in the works :D

Biglue
01-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Kinda funny... With all the competitive pricing going on the the hd2500 and f250 up markets, it appears that there is no profit margin.. So why go there when you can be top dog without that market? No brainer, then again they probably have a more profitable way of going about that business in the works :D
I'm sure they do. Don't forget about their labor costs over seas. Much less than us here.

abraman1326
01-04-2006, 01:30 PM
As long as the american trucks keep winning, that's a good thing. Foreign trucks just don't seem right to me, just like their SUV's. This is america, and we like them big.BRA

dmontzsta
01-04-2006, 01:35 PM
Probably cause of all the HB members buying trucks from you. :)
Also, the fact they give them for "employee pricing" helped. :)

PHOTOGLOU
01-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Probably cause of all the HB members buying trucks from you. :)
Also, the fact they give them for "employee pricing" helped. :)
I hope you're being nice...... I don't try to slam any auto maker..... AND YES I AM THANKFULL for all the HB members giving me a shot....

Dave C
01-04-2006, 02:29 PM
GM just had better marketing but I am no so sure that was it either. Also I am not so sure its GM's incentives either.
Around the time I got my Chevy (March) GM had incentives but so did Ford. The equivalent Ford was still cheaper than the Chevy. I could have gotten a better deal with Ford.

MagicMtnDan
01-04-2006, 02:35 PM
And yes I hear what you and RB are saying. For me I like the Chevy better over the Ford.
But the bottom line is best numbers......no matter how they did it. :crossx: :crossx:
Stay tuned - this market is going to get even more interesting when Toyota comes out with their all-new pickup!
Below is their concept pickup shown at auto shows. You can see more on this truck here (http://www.toyotaoffroad.com/Articles/Toyota/FTX_Concept/FTX_Concept.htm)
http://www.toyotaoffroad.com/Articles/Toyota/FTX_Concept/Images/05_ftx.jpg

little rowe boat
01-04-2006, 02:36 PM
It's funny how many GM/Chevy people like to bash ford trucks, but they still use them as a measurement to their success.

cdog
01-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Anyone bashing either GM or Ford has half a brain. It's just a f'in car! Go ahead and be a cheerleader for you're brand. Keep it up and in 10 years you're only choice will be toyota or nissan. Wake up guys!

Squirtin Thunder
01-04-2006, 03:44 PM
I hope you're being nice...... I don't try to slam any auto maker..... AND YES I AM THANKFULL for all the HB members giving me a shot....
Except in my case !!!
I am waiting for Jay to move on, I mean really all the dealers are scared of him, I don't think it is because he is 7' and 310lbs, no it is because he has a certain way of making you feel good about what he is doing to you. When Ford gives Jay a shot GM will not stand a chance. I can see it now allthe Euro Ford cars coming in to the U.S. and Ford kicking the crap out of every and any othe manufacturer. I will give Jay a shot on any Ford product he can get his hands on if I am in the buying mood.

Squirtin Thunder
01-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Anyone bashing either GM or Ford has half a brain. It's just a f'in car! Go ahead and be a cheerleader for you're brand. Keep it up and in 10 years you're only choice will be toyota or nissan. Wake up guys!
No way Ford started this and I will go down fighting with them !!!

riverbound
01-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Im not bashing or cheerleading any particular brand. I personally like the Fords have always had good luck with them. SOme havent.
But I do believe that "Employee Pricing" has done WAY more damge to the auto industry than good. And what we will see in the future is Quality of the products going down significantly to make up for the "discounts".
The Mfgrs. cant afford to give away cars and moake no $$ on them. so the WILL make the profits back up. and it will most likely be by cutting cost to meet a price point. so we WILL see the quality of american made vehicles decline. Sad to see, but instead of cutting costs by finding more efficient ways of rpoduction (like the foreign makers have) We will go from $25 dor panels to $15 door panels that look the same but will be built with cheaper materials.(for example)
Hopefully things change....because I dont want to tow my toys with a Toyota :( But if Ford Chevy Dodge make shiatty trucks SUV's that might be the ONLY option
:(

1978 Rogers
01-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I think the States have the Lemon Laws.

Squirtin Thunder
01-04-2006, 03:57 PM
Im not bashing or cheerleading any particular brand. I personally like the Fords have always had good luck with them. SOme havent.
But I do believe that "Employee Pricing" has done WAY more damge to the auto industry than good. And what we will see in the future is Quality of the products going down significantly to make up for the "discounts".
The Mfgrs. cant afford to give away cars and moake no $$ on them. so the WILL make the profits back up. and it will most likely be by cutting cost to meet a price point. so we WILL see the quality of american made vehicles decline. Sad to see, but instead of cutting costs by finding more efficient ways of rpoduction (like the foreign makers have) We will go from $25 dor panels to $15 door panels that look the same but will be built with cheaper materials.(for example)
Hopefully things change....because I dont want to tow my toys with a Toyota :( But if Ford Chevy Dodge make shiatty trucks SUV's that might be the ONLY option
:(
That would suck !!

cdog
01-04-2006, 04:06 PM
My new HD LBZ and my wife's z71 tahoe are both great vehicles. We are both very pleased with them. I think GM's success this year had more to do with their lower price and eaiser financing. I had a friend who was a big manager over at a ford dealer years back and they all knew that the reason ford sold more f150's and rangers was because they were cheaper to buy and finance. I feel that GM makes a better product for my uses. I've had 8 full size personal and work trucks/suv's since 1995. As far a an engineering standpoint I feel that GM does things smarter than ford. But I would buy a Ford over any Jap POS!
The american automakers are running scared right now because of toyota, so I would tend to believe that their best is yet come. As a matter of fact I know the guy who does the turbo's for GM and Ford and it turns out that in 08 or 09 they both will have Twin turbo diesels and make 450-500 HP and 850 FTLBTQ! Just keep it american!