PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been to Ixtapa, Mexico?

pixilatedpussy
06-06-2006, 08:49 PM
trying to plan a surf trip at an all inclusive resort in Ixtapa for our family in August. Change of pace from Cabo.....Any recomendations....surf spots...etc.

salcido
06-06-2006, 09:07 PM
try this http://www.troncones.com.mx/manzanillo/.
Very mellow, like 100 bucks a night, great left point right out in front. Half hour north from Xtapa.
Way better than Xtapa. It is very hot this time of year though and mosquitos.
Went in march. perfect !

AZ CAJUN
06-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Was there last fall. Actually Zihuatanejo. It is great. We were on a cruise and wished we could have stayed. My wife wants to retire there. Take some pics and post when you get back. Have a great time.

sea2lake
06-06-2006, 09:19 PM
I have a time share in Ixtapa, Gonna sell it, but the place is great, nice town, great resteraunts. there is a island that you can snorkle on,no power, but they cook lunch,(mostly fresh fish) over fire pits, great week trip. we have been going there for 10 years now. Surfing is best in Zihuat...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2517IMG0017.JPG

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2006, 08:11 AM
I have a time share in Ixtapa, Gonna sell it, but the place is great, nice town, great resteraunts. there is a island that you can snorkle on,no power, but they cook lunch,(mostly fresh fish) over fire pits, great week trip. we have been going there for 10 years now. Surfing is best in Zihuat...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2517IMG0017.JPG
Awesome! Thanks for the info....can I get some info on surf spots from you??

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2006, 08:13 AM
Was there last fall. Actually Zihuatanejo. It is great. We were on a cruise and wished we could have stayed. My wife wants to retire there. Take some pics and post when you get back. Have a great time.
Thanks.... I will :p

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2006, 08:14 AM
try this http://www.troncones.com.mx/manzanillo/.
Very mellow, like 100 bucks a night, great left point right out in front. Half hour north from Xtapa.
Way better than Xtapa. It is very hot this time of year though and mosquitos.
Went in march. perfect !
Thanks for the info....I was on the web for 2 hours last night researching the area! :rollside:Found this site & told my hunny about it. Bringing the kids...is this a good place?

OutCole'd
06-07-2006, 08:15 AM
I went last July to the Club Med there. Was the most HUMID place I have ever been to. Lots to do, and the kids dug it. No clue on the surfing though. We did fish and got a nice sail fish.

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2006, 08:16 AM
I went last July to the Club Med there. Was the most HUMID place I have ever been to. Lots to do, and the kids dug it. No clue on the surfing though. We did fish and got a nice sail fish.
Awesome!! The kids want to go deep sea fishing....so that helps! thanks!

76ANTHONY
06-07-2006, 08:17 AM
trying to plan a surf trip at an all inclusive resort in Ixtapa for our family in August. Change of pace from Cabo.....Any recomendations....surf spots...etc.
oh oh oh , i have a suggestion, take meeeeee :crossx: :idea: :)

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2006, 08:24 AM
oh oh oh , i have a suggestion, take meeeeee :crossx: :idea: :)
:p :p :p

76ANTHONY
06-07-2006, 08:45 AM
:p :p :p
now you know you'd have fun...... :crossx:

Cole Trickle
06-07-2006, 08:53 AM
now you know you'd have fun...... :crossx:
Never a good idea to take an old Fawker with a bum knee to a beach community :crossx:
Scooters and walkers don't work that well in the sand!!;)

Biglue
06-07-2006, 08:56 AM
Never a good idea to take an old Fawker with a bum knee to a beach community :crossx:
That and his black leather jackets with firebird emblems on the beach isn't cool either. :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2006, 02:56 PM
ROTFLMFAO! I wonder how well he surfs?? Does his board have the Trams Am Logo on it??? :220v: :rollside: :rollside:
Love you Scott! Hope to see you soon!

Cole Trickle
06-07-2006, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=pixilatedpussy]ROTFLMFAO! I wonder how well he surfs?? Does his board have the Trams Am Logo on it??? :220v: :rollside: :rollside:
QUOTE]
Im gonna go out on a limb and say Palm Dessert High (class of 1979) didn't have a very compettitive surf team;) :p :crossx:
I would take Cupcake instead!!! :crossx: :idea:

Cole Trickle
06-07-2006, 03:16 PM
That and his black leather jackets with firebird emblems on the beach isn't cool either. :crossx:
If it's deep enough in Mexico he could lie and tell them he is James Dean :skull:

CA Stu
06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
I went and stayed at the Westin.
I caught Leptospirosis and died.
Actually, it was great.
Like Hawaii, but hotter and nobody speaks English. Beautiful, lush jungle like flora, and the people are very nice.
Skip Isla Mujeres, though. I got stuck paying $80 for lunch there....
The cab ride from the airport to Ixtapa is very windy and steep. Wife got car sick (maybe Leptospirosis? :rolleyes: ) blew chunks all over the taxi. :yuk:
Thanks
CA Stu

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Im gonna go out on a limb and say Palm Dessert High (class of 1979) didn't have a very compettitive surf team;) :p :crossx:
I would take Cupcake instead!!! :crossx: :idea:[/QUOTE]
OMG!!! LMAO! Yeah, I guess it is no match for Mr Pix & Edison High, HB....or Marina High school Surf Team coach! :crossx: :220v: :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I went and stayed at the Westin.
I caught Leptospirosis and died.
Actually, it was great.
Like Hawaii, but hotter and nobody speaks English. Beautiful, lush jungle like flora, and the people are very nice.
Skip Isla Mujeres, though. I got stuck paying $80 for lunch there....
The cab ride from the airport to Ixtapa is very windy and steep. Wife got car sick (maybe Leptospirosis? :rolleyes: ) blew chunks all over the taxi. :yuk:
Thanks
CA Stu
Holy crap...I am LMFAO!!!! You are a smart AZZ! :rollside: :220v: :rollside: Thanks for the info, I was looking at the Dorado Pacifico Hotel. I guess I will take a motion sickness pill ( my 8 yr old too) :yuk: :rollside:

Kindsvater Flat
06-07-2006, 04:22 PM
My Uncle Al's place.... there is some info there.
zihuatanejocondos.com (http://www.zihuatanejocondos.com/)

Phat Daddy
06-07-2006, 04:37 PM
LMFAO!!!!! :D :D :D

Magnuman
06-07-2006, 04:52 PM
I have been going to Zihuatanejo now for 12 years.
Here is the most usefull web site for that area.
In fact my avitar is from our balcony on La Ropa.
The link is for the message board, but you can navigate the whole website from it.
http://www.zihuatanejo.net/wwwboard/

MAINEVENT
06-07-2006, 06:47 PM
My old partner went last year he said it was a blast... i can get you his e-mail if you want to ask him anything... he knew all the spots to surf...

pixilatedpussy
06-08-2006, 08:27 AM
My old partner went last year he said it was a blast... i can get you his e-mail if you want to ask him anything... he knew all the spots to surf...
That would be awesome! Thanks babe! :p

pixilatedpussy
06-08-2006, 08:34 AM
I have been going to Zihuatanejo now for 12 years.
Here is the most usefull web site for that area.
In fact my avitar is from our balcony on La Ropa.
The link is for the message board, but you can navigate the whole website from it.
http://www.zihuatanejo.net/wwwboard/
Thank you!!!! Love the site~

The Real Deal
06-08-2006, 09:13 AM
Me and Jungle Boy racing on the ocean in Zihuatanejo in 2002 World Championships.

Jungle Boy
06-08-2006, 09:36 AM
Hey there Kelly. Get back to work. Yup "ZZ-wat" is a good place to go.
The ocean leg of that race is very rough on the body.

pixilatedpussy
06-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Me and Jungle Boy racing on the ocean in Zihuatanejo in 2002 World Championships.
Cool pics! Must have been one heck of an experience! :rollside: