PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!! Need Papers

BUCK_IT
06-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Got a 1972 17' STARBUCK boat, motor and trailer given to me. No title. No registration numbers. Owner took them off. Guess he was going to replace them but never got around to it. He died. Can't find any hull numbers on the boat anywhere. No wife cuz she died a few years back. Son gave me the boat befor selling the house and had no idea where the papers were. Said he would send them when found. Been two years now. I can't find the son. Tried everything. Phone, mail, registered mail, internet, other neighbors. When he sold the house he must have taken the money and retired on his dads estate. Hell, I don't know. Basicly, he's gone. So now I have a good boat, motor and trailer with no papers and no owner. I'm trying to keep it legal. But I need a title. Any ideas? WWU Do? Don't want to go to jail now!!! Any law men out there that can advise me? (How to put on handcuffs is not the advise I need.)

Kilrtoy
06-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Might help if ya tell us where you live.....

acatitude
06-06-2006, 11:41 PM
if your in calif, the dmv can look up his name and list all vehicles or boats and trailers registered to him..... Not sure if they can go back to certain years which would help you... not sure if they can do it if hes dead...

BoatPI
06-07-2006, 04:15 AM
If you are in CA here is what u have to do.
Go o DMV, they will have you complete two statements of facts. the boat (vessel) will be issued an assigned number. See form Boat150.
The trailer will be referred to the CHP. Once they inspect it you need to return to the DMV and it too will be registered with an assigned number. PM me if u like and shoot me a photo of the trailer as I may be able to ID the make.

gochappy
06-07-2006, 04:17 AM
in ca isn't it fairly easy to get a title from a lien sale? The trailer should have a tag on it somewhere. It might only be an old sticker.

73kona455
06-07-2006, 04:28 AM
i think he posted in one of the other 4-5 threads he has going about this boat that he is in texas...

73kona455
06-07-2006, 04:36 AM
does it?.. or doesnt it have hull #'s.. you posted on several of the other threads here and on byuboyz website that it did have a hull #....also the boat appears to be a sidewinder, or one of the copys of a sidewinder... Have you tried to call Jim Starbuck?
MIC:
NLG Status:
Out of Business
Company:
STARBUCK BOATS Company Official:
STARBUCK, JIM
Parent Company:
Parent MIC:
Address:
6735 WEST 58TH PL City:
ARVADA
State:
CO Zip:
Phone:
Fax:
In Business:
11/30/1992 12:00:00 AM
Out of Business:
3/29/2003 12:00:00 AM Date Modified:
5/29/2003 12:00:00 AM

BUCK_IT
06-07-2006, 09:06 AM
I am in Texas. One of you told me that the hull numbers I thought were correct are in fact not. There are no numbers on the boat itself. A guy on byuboyz says the same thing about his. I'm still right back where I started. Not worried about the trailer. Thats easy. It's the boat I'm concerned with. Made a few calls and am going to take the boat in for a Texas Parks & Wildlife official to inspect it. They handle all water craft titles and registrations in Texas. Inspections are done every other Friday. Can't make it this Friday. Have to be in a couple of weeks. Hope to have numbers assigned and a title then. I'll let ya'll know how it turns out. Thanks for the input. I did try to call Jim Starbuck. Information did not have the number. Neither did a couple of old time boat shops in the Denver area. I'm gonna try the one you gave me. Thanks! (no longer in service)