PDA

View Full Version : Firefighters Extinguish Cancer

LHC Kirby
06-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Hi. . . :wink: . . . .I hope you do not mind this Post- I hope you will take a minute to read it, and a couple of minutes to donate if you can. I have known too many people that have been diagnosed with cancer - some have beaten this terrible disease, others have given it their best fight and have been taken from us. Please help - no matter how small, to help the ones who are fighting now - or will have to fight the fight in the future.
Thanks for taking the time!
You DO NOT need to be a firefighter to walk on this speciial day or to donate :rollside:
Life is too short - pay it forward!
This year, cancer will strike more than 1.3 million Americans and take more than half a million lives. As friends and family, we can do something to save lives and help those already fighting this disease. That's why I'm taking action against cancer by supporting the American Cancer Society's Relay For LifeĀ® in Mission Viejo on June 24.
I have a team that I would love to have you join - "Firefighters Extinguish Cancer" If you can donate - Thank You. . . . Hopefully you can join the team and get others to donate or join the Team. Can't do either one? Than just support our effort and join me for a walk at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo. The morning of Saturday June 24th the relay starts and goes for 24 hours. So anytime you want to join us would be good, but I would love to know you plan on being there - so I can maybe arrange a timeslot for each of you! Walk as little as you want, as slow as you want - or come do your daily run to support our effort.
Relay For LifeĀ® is an overnight event that unites our community in a common effort to support the American Cancer Society's lifesaving mission to eliminate cancer as a major health problem. The Society works every day to prevent cancer and save lives by supporting groundbreaking research, affecting public policies that protect us from cancer, and educating people on how to prevent or detect cancer early. The Society helps people in our community who have cancer through its many programs and services. Together, we can help the American Cancer Society accelerate the progress toward a cancer-free future.
I hope you'll be able to join us for this year's event. Please click on the link below for more information, including details on the inspirational Survivors' Lap and the moving Luminaria Ceremony. If you can't join us, will you please visit the site and make a donation to support our efforts? Either way, you will make a real difference in the lives of people facing cancer - and in the lives of the people who love them. Thank you!
For state fundraising notices and the American Cancer Society's privacy policy, please paste this link into your browser: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/SU/su_0.asp
Please visit my personal web page (which just got up and running) and help me in my efforts to support Relay for Life of Mission Viejo From this Page you can "click" on MY TEAM PAGE and from that point you can join the team.
If you do not want to use a credit card to donate on the Secured Site - or if you are unable to donate online, please print out a donation form.
If the link won't work, copy and paste the following into your browser:
http://www.acsevents.org/relay/ca/missionviejo/club9?faf=1&e=577288261
Thank you,
Chris & Wendy Leonard
Any questions or comments please reply to me.
Thanks in Advance for your contribution!

Kilrtoy
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
readers digest please

LHC Kirby
06-07-2006, 09:28 PM
click Here > http://www.acsevents.org/relay/ca/missionviejo/club9?faf=1&e=577288261
go to donation spot - fill in dollar amount and continue until done. Thank you

ThongMagnet
06-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Schedule your Colonscopy Exam today :rollside:

Tom Brown
06-08-2006, 07:45 AM
readers digest please
Cancer is bad. Give us money.

LHC Kirby
06-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Schedule your Colonscopy Exam today :rollside:
Scheduled for first week in August . . . Right before a River trip! *2days before

LHC Kirby
06-11-2006, 11:56 AM
This has fallen back a couple of pages and wanted to let others check it out.
There are lots of tests / procedures out there for you to go and take advantage of, to do an early screening to help find Cancer in the early stages, one was already mentioned. Several others exist, for men and the ladies.
If you are not a survivor, or you do not know someone who is..... you will.
Get in there and get the test done - PLEASE God you come out clean but just in case - - -early detection is way better than later!