PDA

View Full Version : Small plane down...

Outnumbered
06-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Bunch of fire trucks just zoomed by so I turned on the scanner. Sounds like a small plane just went down on or near HWY 74 west of Lake Pleasant. :(

Outnumbered
06-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Sounds like it was near the Quintero Resort development.

Ziggy
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
I take it this is Hwy74 in Az and not Ca.

Outnumbered
06-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Si Senor, near Lake Pleasant.

JB in so cal
06-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Wel being as Lake Pleasant is in AZ :rolleyes: A little off your game, today huh?

Havasu Carrera
06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
We have a Hwy 74 near lake paris and lake Smelsomore. So maybe off the game but close. Hear about the guy running the Skater last weekend on Pleasant 121 mph!??! Sheesh!

Ziggy
06-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Wel being as Lake Pleasant is in AZ :rolleyes: A little off your game, today huh?
Well I knew of Elsinore and Lake Hemet along 74, wasn't sure if something smaller was between the 5 and 15 I didn't know about.
Hack Daddy...LOL

Outnumbered
06-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Two confirmed dead :( Plane hit the hillside near Quintero Golf Club, MM 12.8 on HWY 74. Very sad.

Ziggy
06-08-2006, 04:05 PM
Two confirmed dead :( Plane hit the hillside near Quintero Golf Club, MM 12.8 on HWY 74. Very sad.Sad indeed....
The other day I read about a fellow flying with his wife and another couple, had a heart attack in the air but stayed alert enough to put the plane down on a highway(Utah I think) saving his passengers before he passed away....

AZJD
06-08-2006, 04:09 PM
We have a Hwy 74 near lake paris and lake Smelsomore. So maybe off the game but close. Hear about the guy running the Skater last weekend on Pleasant 121 mph!??! Sheesh!
The Honeyman Skater has been near 150ish mph on Pleasant!
Doesn't rquire alot of brains to be wealthy......100mph is getting real fast on that lake. I have been 102mph on Pleasant and things move quickly at those speeds.

2Driver
06-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Summitkarl overshot a practice kamikaze dive for this weekend?

ThongMagnet
06-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Summitkarl overshot a practice kamikaze dive for this weekend?
:2purples: :2purples: :2purples:

MOBrien
06-09-2006, 10:52 AM
Two confirmed dead :( Plane hit the hillside near Quintero Golf Club, MM 12.8 on HWY 74. Very sad.
any other details....type of plane, where it originated from, etc...
very sad to hear.

Outnumbered
06-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Two killed when plane crashes near into mountain
Laura Houston
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 7, 2006 08:40 PM
A man and a woman died Thursday after their single-engine plane crashed into a mountain ridge on a golf course just west of Lake Pleasant, authorities said.
The plane belonged to Pan Am International Flight Academy, operated out of Deer Valley Airport, said Mike Tellef, a spokesman for the Peoria Police Department.
The identities of the deceased were not released.
Nobody else was aboard the Cessna 152 when it crashed into the ridge, said Neil Ashton, a battalion chief with Peoria Fire Department.
Ashton said the plane was barely recognizable: "All I can see is a wing and tail," he said.
Ashton did not know which of the two people was piloting the aircraft. It was not clear where the plane was headed, and the cause of the crash also was not known.
The plane was flying southeast when it crashed into the ridge Thursday afternoon. The area is so remote, authorities were having trouble pinning down exactly when the plane crashed.
Dispatchers received a call about the wreckage about 4:10 p.m., but authorities could not locate distress calls from the plane.
The wreckage was scattered near the eighth hole of the Quintero Golf & Country Club development about 15 miles west of the lake. Although remote, lots for million-dollar homes in the area are selling fast.
Paul Skelton, president and CEO of the Quintero development, said that nearby construction workers told him they heard no explosion before they saw the crumpled plane.
He said the golf course was closing for the day and that "there would be nobody in the immediate vicinity at that particular time of day."
Tellef said officials from the Federal Aviation Administration were at the crash scene Thursday evening to investigate.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.

PHX ATC
06-09-2006, 11:35 AM
Bummer.

ThongMagnet
06-09-2006, 01:43 PM
Pan Am mostly uses the Cessna 152's for spin training. Lake Pleasant is a practice area for the local flight schools. Probable did not recovey quickly enough and crashed into terrain.

Jordy
06-09-2006, 01:53 PM
Ashton did not know which of the two people was piloting the aircraft. It was not clear where the plane was headed, and the cause of the crash also was not known.
Wow, that guy is just a wealth of information... :D :D :D