PDA

View Full Version : Changing out a Front Tube on My dirt bike!

Robin Boyer
06-10-2006, 11:38 AM
So I am about to go and Get the Tube I need for the front end of my TTR right now... I am coming home tuesday night to only have wensday morning to do this and then at 12 I am meeting up with heather to go riding! Tell me is it easy to change out the front? I am really thinking I might need some help... But I hoping maye I can do it on my own?
What do you guys think? Any Tips....
Thank you!

MagicMtnDan
06-10-2006, 11:43 AM
Here's a tip: get the fock out of here :220v:

Waldo
06-10-2006, 11:52 AM
Make sure you have good tire irons...don't use screwdrivers or you will pinch the tube.
Don't take the tire all the way off the wheel...just one side.
After you take the old tube out...air up the new one a little, put it in, and securing the valve with the nut.
Use some soapy water to run around the exposed bead (side of tire that out)...this will help with getting it back on the wheel.
Put as much of the bead inside the wheel as you can. Gently work your way around the tire with an iron, inching a little at a time.
If you have a rubber mallet...it helps when you are just about done and can't get that last little bit on...smack the bead with the mallet and watch'er sink in. Tighten the valve nut, wheel lock nut, and clean up...
Air up and ride!

Robin Boyer
06-10-2006, 11:52 AM
This is the San Bar! Also I have met some people in the San bar that have dirt bikes... So if anyone has any advice on changing a tire let it happen.... Thank you guys!

MagicMtnDan
06-10-2006, 11:54 AM
Here's a tip you can give your Mom when she's putting you into the car seat:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/5048.jpg

MRS FLYIN VEE
So I am about to go and Get the Tube I need for the front end of my TTR right now... I am coming home tuesday night to only have wensday morning to do this and then at 12 I am meeting up with heather to go riding! Tell me is it easy to change out the front? I am really thinking I might need some help... But I hoping maye I can do it on my own?
Thank you!
Have Heather do it.. :p

TRUMP TIGHT
It just takes a little muscle!

RiverRatMike
06-10-2006, 12:09 PM
Thank you!
make sure you have the proper tire irons for the job, and be very careful not to pinch the tube!

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Here's a tip: get the fock out of here :220v:
lmao! What a kidder! :D

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Have Heather do it.. :p
lmao! :D

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Make sure you have good tire irons...don't use screwdrivers or you will pinch the tube.
Don't take the tire all the way off the wheel...just one side.
After you take the old tube out...air up the new one a little, put it in, and securing the valve with the nut.
Use some soapy water to run around the exposed bead (side of tire that out)...this will help with getting it back on the wheel.
Put as much of the bead inside the wheel as you can. Gently work your way around the tire with an iron, inching a little at a time.
If you have a rubber mallet...it helps when you are just about done and can't get that last little bit on...smack the bead with the mallet and watch'er sink in. Tighten the valve nut, wheel lock nut, and clean up...
Air up and ride!
That is about identical to how to change a mountain bike tire. :idea:

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 12:34 PM
Here's a tip you can give your Mom when she's putting you into the car seat...
Don't mind Dan, Robin. He's a little bitter. He's been saving up for a dirt bike for about a decade and hasn't quite gotten his down payment together yet.

Not So Fast
06-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Quickly losing interest in this guy. I think it's a put on :cool: NSF

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Quickly losing interest in this guy. I think it's a put on :cool: NSF
it is. :)

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 01:05 PM
it is. :)
Sure but it's very well done. Look at how many people are upset by Robin.
I wish I had thought of it.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:11 PM
Sure but it's very well done. Look at how many people are upset by Robin.
I wish I had thought of it.
I wonder if he is going to ask how to use a condom next. :idea: or if he knows there are serial numbers on them. :)

Robin Boyer
06-10-2006, 02:14 PM
I wonder if he is going to ask how to use a condom next. :idea: or if he knows there are serial numbers on them. :)
What there is??? Haha who is up set by me?? I was just seeking some advice from the adults...Since I dont exactly have helping parents... =( Anyways I bought one tube... If I use Tire irons it wont pinch will it? Thanks to some of you guys for the help on this Waldo!
Were are the dirt bikers on this site?

TRUMP TIGHT
06-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Their are no DIRT BIKERS on a forum about BOATS in the middle of SUMMER!! You can get back to us in OCTOBER!!;)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 02:23 PM
What there is??? Haha who is up set by me?? I was just seeking some advice from the adults...Since I dont exactly have helping parents... =( Anyways I bought one tube... If I use Tire irons it wont pinch will it? Thanks to some of you guys for the help on this Waldo!
Were are the dirt bikers on this site?
Robin Boyer]What there is???
I see you haven't rolled them down that far.

RiverRatMike
06-10-2006, 02:26 PM
tire irons will still pinch the tube if your not careful. Since it is a front tire it will be tons easier than doing the rear tire. If you not so sure about doing it yourself take it to a dealership and have them do it.

TRUMP TIGHT
06-10-2006, 02:30 PM
If people used condoms we wouldn't have a bunch of delinquent jack a$$e$ running around hot boat spouting off at the mouth because mommy and daddy didn't show them enough attention do to the fact that they didn't want to have our sorry a$$e$ in the first place!!! I need my daily comedy and i urge any and all members to NOT USE A CONDOM!!!:D LMAO!!

76ANTHONY
06-10-2006, 02:32 PM
OK here ya go. first use soap and water to ease off the tire, then when installing the tube use baby powder on the tube and it will not bind up, make sure you dont twist the tube when you install it.
work for a honda motorcycle dealer so i learn stuff like this :)

OCMerrill
06-10-2006, 03:01 PM
I have the best advice of all... :rolleyes: Take the wheel off the scooter and drive it down to the local cycle shop and have them change it. Should be like $15 if you already have the tube.
There are rim locks, tube pinching, and a very proper way to do it. Unless someone is there to show you... it takes many tube patch kits and practice. This is by no means easy.
Have someone else do it and pay for the service and save the beating your going to get on here. :idea: Just friendly advice.
Or post on a MX forum maybe of with exception of Sand forums I haven't a clue of which one.

Dribble
06-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Or take it to Motor Cycle Performance Center (MPC) in Roseville. It costs a sixer of Corona and you share it with him while he does it.

TRUMP TIGHT
06-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Or take it to Motor Cycle Performance Center (MPC) in Roseville. It costs a sixer of Corona and you share it with him while he does it.
Robin is only 17!:(

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Robin is only 17!:(
No problem. He can get Heather to pull beer for him. :cool:

TRUMP TIGHT
06-10-2006, 04:52 PM
No problem. He can get Heather to pull beer for him. :cool:
Sounds like a good women SHE DOES EVERYTHING!! I want one:cry:

JetBoatRich
06-10-2006, 05:06 PM
take the wheel off and take it to the shop :cool: cost around $10 :rolleyes:

Flying Tiger
06-10-2006, 10:25 PM
soappy water, or wakeboard slime does the trick.

Robin Boyer
06-11-2006, 01:15 AM
I would have heather get me some brew If I could not get it lol.. Us teens now how to get the beer.. I hope this goes good... If not I might have to run over to a place that changes tires.... You would think any place that changed tired could help me out huh?

YeLLowBoaT
06-11-2006, 01:39 AM
Us teens now how to get the beer..
I KNOWyou do....