PDA

View Full Version : very slow in here this weekend.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Can I get some advice.
Our son is graduating from 6th grade. We need suggestions on what to get him or do with him. Can you all give some ideas. :p :p

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 12:51 PM
An 8-ball and a couple of prostitutes.

jbone
06-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Get him a six pack and a hustler magazine.
That is all I wanted when I was in the 6th grade.
Okay really, how about an Ipod? Seems that is the new craze with kids.
J

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 12:55 PM
LMAO!! I think the hubby would want them before Taylor would. LOL!! :p

jbone
Damn, I though mine might be over the edge.
I like it though. With 8-ball, there will plenty to share.
J

MRS FLYIN VEE
Get him a six pack and a hustler magazine.
That is all I wanted when I was in the 6th grade.
Okay really, how about an Ipod? Seems that is the new craze with kids.
J
LOL!! :p
He does love music. I will start a list. :)

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Okay really, how about an Ipod?
Cool idea. :cool:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:00 PM
does anyone think a lemo pick up from school and to dinner would be too much for a 12 year old?
be honest please. :)

jbone
06-10-2006, 01:03 PM
does anyone think a lemo pick up from school and to dinner would be too much for a 12 year old?
With mom and dad, or the hookers? :rollside:

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:04 PM
With mom and dad, or the hookers? :rollside:
ROTFLMAO!! well I think I would lose the hubby that night .. :crossx: J/K
with mom , dad, sis,cousin, etc..

jbone
What is your son into. Hobies, sports, interests? That will help.
J

MRSDRMCAT
How about taking him and a few of his closest friends to havasu??? Or you could take them to something like Pole Position ( a indoor or outdoor racing track) or there is a place in perris that looks like fun. It is indoor sky diving. Right across from commander boats. Just a few ideas hope it helps.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:05 PM
How about taking him and a few of his closest friends to havasu??? Or you could take them to something like Pole Position ( a indoor or outdoor racing track) or there is a place in perris that looks like fun. It is indoor sky diving. Right across from commander boats. Just a few ideas hope it helps.
wow I didn't think of stuff like that. It does help. Thanks. :)

Mrs 2LKHVSU
06-10-2006, 01:06 PM
A limo and dinner is a cool idea, however, how will you top that next year? Maybe that doesn't matter at this point. How about taking a few friends out to lunch and:
Lazer Tag
Mini Golf
Movies
Knotts Berry Farm - The water park
etc..
It seems that hanging out with friends seems a priority at that age.

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 01:06 PM
If I was 12 (or 39), I'd be totally into all of this.
Oh... and the iPod.
I don't know Taylor but I have a lot of respect for his parents so I'll throw in a free membership to Team Sasquatch.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:08 PM
What is your son into. Hobies, sports, interests? That will help.
J
well he loves to swim, bike ride, no sports really. :cry: he is more I hate to say it but a mama's boy type. very shy and consirvative ( sp ck ) but totally different among the guys type.

RitcheyRch
06-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Take him and a few of his best friends to dinner at a nice restaurant of his choice.

slink
06-10-2006, 01:10 PM
That's what we are doing for the step son this week for his 8th grade grad. Him and 3 friends to Pole Position then BJ's pizza (I know what you're thinking TB, it really is a food place). Should be fun.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:12 PM
That's what we are doing for the step son this week for his 8th grade grad. Him and 3 friends to Pole Position then BJ's pizza (I know what you're thinking TB, it really is a food place). Should be fun.
where are these places located. We are in Culver city area. Anything close by.. Not real close but not hours either. LOL!! :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:13 PM
Take him and a few of his best friends to dinner at a nice restaurant of his choice.
I was thinking dinner also. That would be fun. :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:14 PM
If I was 12 (or 39), I'd be totally into all of this.
Oh... and the iPod.
I don't know Taylor but I have a lot of respect for his parents so I'll throw in a free membership to Team Sasquatch.
LOL!! :p
Thank you for the compliment. :p

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:14 PM
A limo and dinner is a cool idea, however, how will you top that next year? Maybe that doesn't matter at this point. How about taking a few friends out to lunch and:
Lazer Tag
Mini Golf
Movies
Knotts Berry Farm - The water park
etc..
It seems that hanging out with friends seems a priority at that age.
Thank you. I have those going on the list. :)

slink
06-10-2006, 01:16 PM
where are these places located. We are in Culver city area. Anything close by.. Not real close but not hours either. LOL!! :)
Pole Position is in Corona. What is that 1.5-2 hrs from you guys? It's a pretty bitchin place. Depending on when you go there can be a wait though. Search P2R on the net. I guarantee Jaime will be addicted the first time he races

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Pole Position is in Corona. What is that 1.5-2 hrs from you guys? It's a pretty bitchin place. Depending on when you go there can be a wait though. Search P2R on the net. I guarantee Jaime will be addicted the first time he races
corona from us is like ( if I drive ) 1 hr. LOL!! it sounds like fun. I might just have to do it. LOL!!
is that anything like slick track ( whatever it's called in Havi.) :)

slink
06-10-2006, 01:21 PM
corona from us is like ( if I drive ) 1 hr. LOL!! it sounds like fun. I might just have to do it. LOL!!
is that anything like slick track ( whatever it's called in Havi.) :)
kinda, but indoors. Lots of cool memorabilia from pro racers and supercross stars.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:23 PM
kinda, but indoors. Lots of cool memorabilia from pro racers and supercross stars.
cool. That will go on the top of mommy's list. LOL!! :p
is that the place that has the little dragters?

LLGirl
06-10-2006, 01:25 PM
Can I get some advice.
Our son is graduating from 6th grade. We need suggestions on what to get him or do with him. Can you all give some ideas. :p :p
Our daughter is graduating from 6th grade on the 15th. We got her a cell phone. She got a firefly for Christmas (it's the cell phone for kids - parents have total control over who they call and who calls in.) She's been really responsible with it, and really wants to be able to take pics with it, so we're upgrading her :p Grandma is getting her an iPod Nano (yeah - she'll stop asking to use my mini!!).
As far as taking them places, I think everyone has some great ideas! :)

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Our daughter is graduating from 6th grade on the 15th. We got her a cell phone. She got a firefly for Christmas (it's the cell phone for kids - parents have total control over who they call and who calls in.) She's been really responsible with it, and really wants to be able to take pics with it, so we're upgrading her :p Grandma is getting her an iPod Nano (yeah - she'll stop asking to use my mini!!).
As far as taking them places, I think everyone has some great ideas! :)
we were thinking about the cell phone BUT. I don't feel he is responsible enough yet. He is a boy ( no offense to you GUYS) but he is not mature enough in my eyes yet. Maybe I just don't see him as being there yet because I'm mom . But until he can take the trash out without being asked I have to say no.( Bad mommy) :)

superdave013
06-10-2006, 01:30 PM
that would have been the last thing I wanted at that age. If I was 12 right now I'd be up for a new BMX bike.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:31 PM
that would have been the last thing I wanted at that age. If I was 12 right now I'd be up for a new BMX bike.
we just bought him a new bike. He out grew the last one. :)

MRSDRMCAT
06-10-2006, 01:33 PM
I vote for Pole Position too! We went there for a birthday party the kids LOVED it! I want to go back and race myself. BJ's is not far from there either! Great atmosphere!! Great food!!

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:34 PM
is pole position in Corona? I get so lost. LOL!! :)

MRSDRMCAT
06-10-2006, 01:40 PM
is pole position in Corona? I get so lost. LOL!! :)
Yes it is! Right off of the 15 and Magnolia which is the first exit south of the 91.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-10-2006, 01:44 PM
Yes it is! Right off of the 15 and Magnolia which is the first exit south of the 91.
thank you. :)

Tom Brown
06-10-2006, 01:54 PM
... but you'd be just as happy with a 2 liter bottle of Coke and a bag of Mentos.

dm25advantage
07-14-2006, 02:07 PM
if u are thinking about a cell phone. call me at 8055272222.
i sell verizon wireless and i'll take care of u
young

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:12 PM
no
:skull:

Old Man Havasu
07-14-2006, 02:27 PM
i-pod rates # 1 and sweeten the deal with pole position if he is nailing those grades!. I have an 11 yr old and we spend some good times together making mixes for our i-pods!

TRUMP TIGHT
07-14-2006, 02:39 PM
toooooo

Debbolas
07-14-2006, 02:40 PM
like father like son
:skull:

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-14-2006, 06:28 PM
IPOD if he doesn't already have one. Our daughter had her 8th grade graduation and we got her the speakers/alarm clock for her IPOD. $90 at Costco and she is in hog heaven. I assume you use Nextel for the business? If so, you could get him one with only the direct connect so he can look like a big shot in middle school and not run up a phone bill. Then you could write it off.
An idea of where to go is the aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach. I haven't been, but my mom took the kids last year and they still talk about it. I guess they get to physically interact with a lot of the animals. Something different.
Or maybe just take him to the river :D

lilrick
07-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Can I get some advice.
How about you just get him ready for 7th grade! He's got along way to go! I don't understand all the hype behind the multiple graduations! there should only be two graduations: high school and college!

Flyinbowtie
07-14-2006, 06:34 PM
I know times have changed since I was a kid, but I clearly remember what my folks bought me for my 6th grade graduation, about 35 years ago.
My first wrist watch. It was a cool Timex that had glow-in- the-dark numbers. I remember thinking how cool that was. Dad told me I was on my way to jr. high, and needed to know what time it was. He also told me he knew I was old enough to be responsible about caring for the watch, and that he could depend on me to take care of it and pay attention to it.
I was damn proud that he felt that way.
I'd get him some of the other neat ideas expressed on here, but if he hasn't got a watch, well, ... :)
It worked with my sons..

chub
07-14-2006, 07:43 PM
How about you just get him ready for 7th grade! He's got along way to go! I don't understand all the hype behind the multiple graduations! there should only be two graduations: high school and college!
My dad told me good job we" ll be going on vacation to learn farming this year at his grandparents house. That was cool for me.
I'm sorry but all you parents need to stop kissing your kids arse. It's the demise of our nation.
Oh' I hit my teacher and my dad hit me now he's going to jail. WTF?
He didn't graduate from sixth grade he moved on. Nurture him and continue to love and educate him and show him he really did something at the high school level where it really matters.
Just my .02.
I'm not saying he didn't achieve something here but you expected this of him.
Does that really constitute a huge reward?
BTW I'm really not a hard arse. but kids aren't earning things like you and I did. IMHO.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Dad told me I was on my way to jr. high, and needed to know what time it was. He also told me he knew I was old enough to be responsible about caring for the watch, and that he could depend on me to take care of it and pay attention to it.
One of the reasons I got Katrina the alarm clock/speaker/radio thing. Now she is going into high school, she can get herself up in the morning.