PDA

View Full Version : Car Toyz rocks again

Todd969
06-12-2006, 08:10 AM
THANK YOU Frank and CT installers. After my call from the channel Saturday morning I got the new system figured out. Everyone on board ( all 6 of us ) ( and Cudmore who's ears couldn't handle Rage and the B-52's ) and the others around could say was WOW. What you guys did exceeded my expectations and for a pontoon it freakin' rocks. The clarity and crispness is amazing.
I only wish I would have thought about a remote in the front cap when it was being done. We'll have to get one installed.
Thanks for everything.

dicudmore
06-12-2006, 06:16 PM
yeah, it does sound good...REAL GOOD :cool:
in the future I would recommend being careful with your song selection unless you're not afraid of sabotage :wink:

Todd969
06-13-2006, 05:32 AM
yeah, it does sound good...REAL GOOD :cool:
in the future I would recommend being careful with your song selection unless you're not afraid of sabotage :wink:
You don't scare me.... Next weekend we'll dig up some Wham or Flock of Segulls.

OGShocker
06-13-2006, 05:47 AM
You don't scare me.... Next weekend we'll dig up some Wham or Flock of Segulls.
Sometimes you scare ME!!!

Todd969
06-13-2006, 07:23 AM
Sometimes you scare ME!!!
You know, sometimes I scare myself.

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 08:03 AM
Since this is up, what does everybody do about vibations and rattles if you turn up the sounds :confused: My system is rather run of the mill and not a lot of watts but if I go past a certain point things start shaking. And I dont think dynamat will do the trick, what have some of you big watt guys done to stop this???????? Or can it be stopped!!! Thanks, NSF

Todd969
06-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Since this is up, what does everybody do about vibations and rattles if you turn up the sounds :confused: My system is rather run of the mill and not a lot of watts but if I go past a certain point things start shaking. And I dont think dynamat will do the trick, what have some of you big watt guys done to stop this???????? Or can it be stopped!!! Thanks, NSF
I'm in no way a professional in this, but I didn't notice any extreme rattles or vibes when it was turned up. I think it may be in the balance of speakers and their mounting.

phebus
06-13-2006, 08:09 AM
I put some weatherstripping around my hatches, and that seemed to take care of the rattles I had. I shopped around and found some thin rubber weatherstripping, that looked good, and wouldn't come apart like the foam type.
I will show you next time I see you.

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 08:51 AM
The hatches dont seem to be the problem Rick. It seems the sides of the boat and all the crap lying in the unaccessable gunnel areas plus anything in the cupholders (Thats easy to fix), the offshore controls, plus any flat expanses of fiberglass just rattle. Magic now puts the subs in the two cubby areas but they say everybody is now complaining of the doors rattling but not my particular problem. I firmly believe that subs should be in a sub enclosure and maybe thats my problem, poor placement and I'll just have to live with that I guess. Thanks, Bobby NSF