PDA

View Full Version : Jet Connex Tow Kit

Havasu1986
06-12-2006, 05:58 PM
I bought one at the Pomona Boat Show. I was wondering if anybody has had a problem with somebody stealing theirs when parked. Is there a good way to secure them. www.jetconnex.com

phebus
06-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I have heard of people stealing them, and stealing LED lights.

SDLifesaver
06-12-2006, 06:09 PM
I bought one at the Pomona Boat Show. I was wondering if anybody has had a problem with somebody stealing theirs when parked. Is there a good way to secure them. www.jetconnex.com
We had one on the last boat and nobody ever messed with it. If you are worried just take it off while your parked and put it back on when it's time to drive. They are really nice and very trouble-free.

h2oski2fast
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
I talked with the guy at the Pomona show (we were in the DBG Concepts wake board tower booth next to him at the show) and I mentioned that to him and he said there was a way that you can use a pad lock on them. They put holes in the receptical that is on the boat side, how it works I have no idea but this is what he told me. They put the holes in it for the reason of them being stolen.

Beer-30
06-12-2006, 06:21 PM
I just cut the trailer-end off and hardwired it on. Clamped that end to the trailer with an adel clamp. Sure, they can cut it off and take it, but if they want something bad enough - their gonna get it anyway.
I didn't like the extra connection voltage loss and how easy it would be to steal. Soldered and shrink-tubed. That way, it doesn't get taken off and left in another vehicle or loaned to a friend, or yada yada.

phebus
06-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Are the wires inside color coded with the normal trailer wiring colors?

Mandelon
06-12-2006, 06:24 PM
I just cut the trailer-end off and hardwired it on. Clamped that end to the trailer with an adel clamp. Sure, they can cut it off and take it, but if they want something bad enough - their gonna get it anyway.
I didn't like the extra connection voltage loss and how easy it would be to steal. Soldered and shrink-tubed. That way, it doesn't get taken off and left in another vehicle or loaned to a friend, or yada yada.
Or forgotten at home...... doh? :rolleyes: :cool: :cry:

JB in so cal
06-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Or forgotten at home...... doh? :rolleyes: :cool: :cry:
...sausage handler :rolleyes:

Havasu_Dreamin
06-12-2006, 07:16 PM
Just take it off when you park the trailer and place it on the drivers seat of the tow vehicle.

77Eliminator
06-12-2006, 07:18 PM
I ran the connector up inside the trailer frame and bolted the connector to the frame through the holes provided on the connector. Not easy to steal and keeps the plugs from pulling apart.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/448Backyard_4-17-05_020-med.jpg

Beer-30
06-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Are the wires inside color coded with the normal trailer wiring colors?
Yes.

Beer-30
06-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Just take it off when you park the trailer and place it on the drivers seat of the tow vehicle.
Then I would have it in my crack every day when I drive to work and back. :)

Havasu1986
06-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Just take it off when you park the trailer and place it on the drivers seat of the tow vehicle.Thats what my wife said. Since the tow vehicle and boat stay in my RV garage in Havi, I guess it will look nice parked at home. $35 I could have bought 5 beers for that.

phebus
06-13-2006, 05:57 AM
Then I would have it in my crack every day when I drive to work and back. :)
:D :D :D

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 08:19 AM
From what the article last week in the News Herald said about theft around here I wouldnt leave anything laying around that could disappear, especially at the ramp. Lots of seedy, tweeker looking dudes around now a days. NSF