PDA

View Full Version : Consignment Problems With Magic....

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Well I didnt want to do this....but it is really irratating me now...and messing with my credit.
First off Sean in the Corona office is a stand up guy. Way cool and no problems with him. He kept me up to date as much as he could. This is not torwards him.
It has been about 45 days since I handed the boat over to Magic...the weekend of Desert Storm. They fixed a few things and the guy picked it up a few days later. He then took ownership of it and began driving the boat. Cool no deal, I should be getting my check shortly. Sean said about 2-3 weeks...Seems long especially since he is driving my boat already but in fine with that. After checking up numerous times I feel like im getting the run around. They said there was a mistake in accounting and there on it. So last week I call Key Bank and find out that they have not even paid off the loan!!!!! I have a late payment because of this and the guy has been driving my boat for weeks!!! I got ahold of Sean and he updated me and said there going try and get it out ASAP. Well I checked on it again today...and still not paid off....late payment in affect....So I just paid the loan company over the phone so it wouldnt further damage my credit if it already has. This really gets me because the boat is still in my name with joe schmoe driving it....Isnt there liability issues here???
Has anyone else been through this...any opinions on what I could do??? It is way out of hand now.

little rowe boat
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Sounds like you are getting the run around. They probably used the money somewhere else.

RAZORSHARP
06-12-2006, 06:41 PM
As far as liability, make sure your transfer of ownership papers are squared away.

RAZORSHARP
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Or tell them to check the ***boat forums!

RitcheyRch
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
This could get nasty if something happens. You should have received your money within a few days at the most.
As far as liability, make sure your transfer of ownership papers are squared away.

JB in so cal
06-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Have you tried to call Ron? Maybe he'd like to know one of his people may be doing some funny stuff.

No Name
06-12-2006, 06:47 PM
Or tell them to check the ***boat forums!
That just may speed things up a bit.

Glamasu
06-12-2006, 06:48 PM
What boat did you sell??? Was it the one i just bought?
was it this one?

shadow
06-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Go in person tell you want you boat or the money!!!!!!!! :mad:
If not report it stolen and contact your lender and insurance company.

phebus
06-12-2006, 06:50 PM
Do you still have your insurance on the boat? I wonder if something were to happen to the boat, and the lender came after you for the money, how complicated this problem could get.

framer1
06-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Well I didnt want to do this....but it is really irratating me now...and messing with my credit.
First off Sean in the Corona office is a stand up guy. Way cool and no problems with him. He kept me up to date as much as he could. This is not torwards him.
It has been about 45 days since I handed the boat over to Magic...the weekend of Desert Storm. They fixed a few things and the guy picked it up a few days later. He then took ownership of it and began driving the boat. Cool no deal, I should be getting my check shortly. Sean said about 2-3 weeks...Seems long especially since he is driving my boat already but in fine with that. After checking up numerous times I feel like im getting the run around. They said there was a mistake in accounting and there on it. So last week I call Key Bank and find out that they have not even paid off the loan!!!!! I have a late payment because of this and the guy has been driving my boat for weeks!!! I got ahold of Sean and he updated me and said there going try and get it out ASAP. Well I checked on it again today...and still not paid off....late payment in affect....So I just paid the loan company over the phone so it wouldnt further damage my credit if it already has. This really gets me because the boat is still in my name with joe schmoe driving it....Isnt there liability issues here???
Has anyone else been through this...any opinions on what I could do??? It is way out of hand now.
Sounds like you got rolled :mad: Don't let it f up your credit because it's a bitch to get it back.

lakewake
06-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Sorry to say it but you left yourself wide open to get screwed. Never sign the title over until they put the check in your hand. This is your only leverage in getting paid timely or worse if they file for Bankruptcy you are out completely. I would sit in front of their building on the street with a sign that says "Don't do business with these people ,Ask me why." You'll get your money. They probably got funded within three days of financing the other guys deal and are working on your money. Good luck.

beyondhelpin
06-12-2006, 06:55 PM
Why do so many of these west coast custom boat builders seem to have some kind of shady problems at one time or another. I know it is not all but over the years on this forum I am always reading about some kind of bull shit! :220v:

h2oski2fast
06-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Imagine that, problems with Magic. I talked a friend of mine out of buying from them do to all the stories I have been hearing about them and their service. Most of this info is not from the boards, but through talking with people who bought from them.Went by their shop one day in Havasu and, along with 3 other customers, stood around for about an hour waiting to talk with a sales person, or anybody as a matter of fact that could speak english, then left and crossed them off the list of boats to consider.
I personally would not have given up posession of the boat till I recieved my payment in full and the bank was paid off. In this case I would be driving out there tomorrow and sitting in their office till a check was made available, along with contacting the local LE to see what could be done about the situation.

Jordy
06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
What boat did you sell???
was it this one?
This one. Look at the date, May 7th. I think that was the first time I saw it out there, but it's been there pretty much every time I have.
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/23DSC01275.JPG
I'd almost go along with the reporting it stolen route. Gotta CYA. Good luck Brandon.

RitcheyRch
06-12-2006, 06:57 PM
Can only imagine this would get really complicated. Would be a "he" said "he" said type of situation. Possible the insurance company could wash their hands of it if somethign were to happen. They could possibly see this as some type of fraud.
Do you still have your insurance on the boat? I wonder if something were to happen to the boat, and the lender came after you for the money, how complicated this problem could get.

Boat Loan Guy
06-12-2006, 06:58 PM
No talent check your PM

shadow
06-12-2006, 07:04 PM
This one. Look at the date, May 7th. I think that was the first time I saw it out there, but it's been there pretty much every time I have.
I'd almost go along with the reporting it stolen route. Gotta CYA. Good luck Brandon.
You could always go to Lake Pleasant and rejack your boat back from this
family! :crossx:
Hi new boating family but your new boat is being jacked!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

JetBoatRich
06-12-2006, 07:07 PM
doesn't sound like the NEW OWNER didn't do anything wrong :cool: but he looks and sounds like he is enjoying the boat :rolleyes:

Jyruiz
06-12-2006, 07:09 PM
The new owner probably has insurance, but that really sucks on Magics part.

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:10 PM
Thanks for the quick responses....I have been worried about this and now its really not sitting well since I find out I had a late payment....and it hasnt been paid for...
I have not cancelled insurance yet thankfully. What would happen if it were to get reported stolen to CYA???
I have not called Ron yet, I have just been in contact with Sean. One of the explanations was that they either got someone new in accounting or they messed up...I forget which one...
This is just getting way to stressfull.

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:11 PM
You could always go to Lake Pleasant and rejack your boat back from this
family! :crossx:
Hi new boating family but your new boat is being jacked!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:
Tell me about it...the thought has crossed my mind. I have missed some good boating and especially the poker run due to this...

atomickitn
06-12-2006, 07:11 PM
that really sucks brandon .... i would be irate and would sit there with my shot gun ......how fast would i get my money or the jail... either way they would know i came to do business, and not hear to "f" around....people like that should not be in business.....

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks for reposting that Jordy...

Jordy
06-12-2006, 07:14 PM
Thanks for reposting that Jordy...
Figure if nothing else, with the date stamp on it would be a little harder for them to deny that they let the boat go.

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 07:18 PM
Can't you get your late payment penalties taken care of in small claims court? I don't know how it works down there but up here in Canada, taking something to small claims is pretty easy. If you are in the right and have your documentation together, the will be focked.

RitcheyRch
06-12-2006, 07:19 PM
I wouldnt recommend going there with a shotgun or any weapon. That will surely get you thrown in the slammer. Definitely worth a trip there and find out the real details and then possibly report as stolen.

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:20 PM
No talent check your PM
Havent recvd anything from you yet??

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:22 PM
Figure if nothing else, with the date stamp on it would be a little harder for them to deny that they let the boat go.
Yup...I've got some PM's here on ***boat asking about the situations as well documented....I figured 2-3 weeks was the norm to get payment, but after people saying day of or 1-2 days...I have been very patient.

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 07:25 PM
Definitely worth a trip there and find out the real details and then possibly report as stolen.
Take notes..
If it goes legal, and it sounds like it will, you will go a lot further if you have a notepad listing who you spoke with, when, and what they said. That will win over someone's word because you took notes at the time so it's not subject to memory distortion.
I'd also think about going in there with a voice recorder.

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 07:29 PM
I wonder if Magic will enjoy reading my signature on 14,714 posts. :D

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:30 PM
Take notes..
If it goes legal, and it sounds like it will, you will go a lot further if you have a notepad listing who you spoke with, when, and what they said. That will win over someone's word because you took notes at the time so it's not subject to memory distortion.
I'd also think about going in there with a voice recorder.
Im already on it....I love the new sig too.... :D

shadow
06-12-2006, 07:31 PM
Isn't thier Regatta this weekend?Brandon could go and have a huge banner
with something nice made for the Regatta. :crossx:

Kachina26
06-12-2006, 07:31 PM
...documentation together, the will be focked.
The what?

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Going to somebody's house or place of business with a gun is possible the worst advice you'll ever receive. What are you going to do if they don't cut you a check on the spot, kill somebody?
Definatley something I wouldnt do....well for this situation... :crossx:

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey... any exposure is good exposure.... right? :D

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 07:33 PM
The what?
That's right, Jack. :cool:

voodoomedman
06-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Thank goodness. That get's to replace that ugly a$$ picture of you sticking needles into my voodoo doll.

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Isn't thier Regatta this weekend?Brandon could go and have a huge banner
with something nice made for the Regatta. :crossx:
You think they would let me borrow a boat so I can do that..... :crossx:

atomickitn
06-12-2006, 07:38 PM
that really sucks brandon .... i would be irate and would sit there with my shot gun ......how fast would i get my money or the jail... either way they would know i came to do business, and not hear to "f" around....people like that should not be in business.....
it was meant as a joke ......lighten up .....trying to put somewhat of a smile on a friends face..........there are several things that he can do to get his money with one phone call to the owner of magic and an attorney I'm sure they will get you your money

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
it was meant as a joke ......lighten up .....trying to put somewhat of a smile on a friends face..........there are several things that he can do to get his money with one phone call to the owner of magic and an attorney I'm sure they will get you your money
I knew it was a joke...However you can holster in AZ right... :p :crossx: I plan on giving Ron a call in the a.m maybe he can shine some light on this.
I JUST WANNA DANCE!!!! :D

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
... phone call to the owner of magic and an attorney I'm sure they will get you your money
It's too bad a court of law is required to make Magic meet their obligations. Perhaps that's a cost prospective new buyers should factor into the price, if they're considering Magic as a boat supplier. :(

98 Vector 21
06-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Thats not right, I would need cash or boat now...This dosent surprise me from Magic! How the hell do they do business when ever weekend looks like a regatta? I stick with bayliner....befor the headaches :argue:

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 07:44 PM
Thats not right, I would need cash or boat now...This dosent surprise me from Magic! How the hell do they do business when ever weekend looks like a regatta? I stick with bayliner....befor the headaches :argue:
Like I said...I figured the 2-3 weeks was standard....Now I feel I was taken advantage of. I would never do a bayliner...***boat saved me from that in the beginning... :p
I know my next boat....atomickitn is gonna build it once I get some more cash saved up....DANA ALL THE WAY!!!! :D

LAVEYSABRE575
06-12-2006, 07:47 PM
It's very common to send your money after they receive the title from the lein holder. I don't know how it works in AZ. but in CA. you have 10 days to send payoff check to a lein holder thats why when you call for a payoff they give you a 10 day payoff. It could take 2 wks or more to receive title, the problem you have is no payoff has been sent did you sign a release of liabilty form? I would call Ron and let him know whats going on. Regardless if he's a dick to you or not, that way when you go to court you can say you contacted the owner regarding the situation. I would then demand a copy of the payoff check and my proceeds remember always be nice and cordial......

slink
06-12-2006, 07:50 PM
Brandin, what ever you do, do not file a stolen vehicle report. With the facts that you have explained in this post, it is a CIVIL problem and no cop in their right mind would even take the report. You would have to lie and thus file a false report to get the boat reported stolen and I'm sure Magic has some proof of documentation (signed tile,contract etc) to contradict any lie you would tell. This will only open yourself up for criminal charges and potential HUGE civil damages from the new owner.

Jordy
06-12-2006, 07:54 PM
. What are you going to do if they don't cut you a check on the spot, kill somebody?
Don't kill 'em, just guarantee they'll walk with a severe limp for the rest of their days to serve as a reminder. :D :D :D
Jordy <----totally kidding right now, but it sounds good!!! :D :D :D

Pro Max
06-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I cant believe what I am hearing, especially since I have had nothing but the BEST service from Magic. They have gone out of there way for me on more than one occasion. They even went to my storage picked up the boat and returned it CLEAN ! . There has to be a mixup somewhere and they will makje it right im sure. Good luck to you and I would hope Magic would step up to the plate with Key bank and make it right.

DEEZ NUTTS
06-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I am currently waiting for a lein release from Key Bank. Its been 4 weeks at least. They acknowledge check has cleared and loan is payed. Just cant seem to get me the documents to prove it. As of today its supposed to get to me Wed. We'll see. Not defending Magic, but Key Bank has been slow to handle my account.

MBlaster
06-12-2006, 07:57 PM
I would demand a check overnighted yesterday, or off to my attorney I go.
They will be paying attorney fees and court costs.
You've been nice, time to be firm.

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 07:57 PM
I cant believe what I am hearing, especially since I have had nothing but the BEST service from Magic.
Good service from Magic? :idea:
Who is your lawyer?

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 08:01 PM
Brandin, what ever you do, do not file a stolen vehicle report. With the facts that you have explained in this post, it is a CIVIL problem and no cop in their right mind would even take the report. You would have to lie and thus file a false report to get the boat reported stolen and I'm sure Magic has some proof of documentation (signed tile,contract etc) to contradict any lie you would tell. This will only open yourself up for criminal charges and potential HUGE civil damages from the new owner.
Thanks slink that is good to know upfront...I would rather go through magic and if it must me through an attorney rather than causing the new owner problems....He went by the book as did I....its just grey in between.

Pro Max
06-12-2006, 08:05 PM
Good service from Magic? :idea:
Who is your lawyer?
Very good, and other owners that i have talked with say the same thing. You have to remember that since they sell so many boats there exposure rate is a lot higher than other shops that only put out 20-40 boats a year.

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 08:10 PM
Very good, and other owners that i have talked with say the same thing. You have to remember that since they sell so many boats there exposure rate is a lot higher than other shops that only put out 20-40 boats a year.
I think I see what you're saying. They do more business than some shops so statistics tell us they'll screw over more people than some shops too.
I know this... if someone is out a boat with no money to compensate for 45 days and currently no resolution in sight... a cleaned boat doesn't mean shit.
Nobody should have their boat taken on consignment with no compensation. Nobody. There is no excuse.
Maybe Magic will give NOTALENT's Dana a good cleaning as compensation. :D

Pro Max
06-12-2006, 08:14 PM
I also traded in a boat and it was paid off immediatly, I never said it was ok I just said I think it is an accounting error and I hope it is repaired.
I also stated the SERVICE was great and I never had a problem,
Have you had a bad experience at Magic ?

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 08:18 PM
What does my experience with Magic have to do with NOTALENT being out his boat with no compensation for 45 days?
How long do you suppose it should take to correct an accounting error? A couple of months?

Biglue
06-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I also traded in a boat and it was paid off immediatly, I never said it was ok I just said I think it is an accounting error and I hope it is repaired.
I also stated the SERVICE was great and I never had a problem,
Scott this you?

Pro Max
06-12-2006, 08:23 PM
I cant believe what I am hearing, especially since I have had nothing but the BEST service from Magic. They have gone out of there way for me on more than one occasion. They even went to my storage picked up the boat and returned it CLEAN ! . There has to be a mixup somewhere and they will makje it right im sure. Good luck to you and I would hope Magic would step up to the plate with Key bank and make it right.
Why dont you re-read my original statement !

Pro Max
06-12-2006, 08:24 PM
Scott this you?
Yeppa Yeppa, Whats up Lou.

moneypit
06-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I say that all the Magic owners come together as one and park their boat until he gets his check!!Kinda a regatta sit out. :D

Magic34
06-12-2006, 08:26 PM
I am currently waiting for a lein release from Key Bank. Its been 4 weeks at least. They acknowledge check has cleared and loan is payed. Just cant seem to get me the documents to prove it. As of today its supposed to get to me Wed. We'll see. Not defending Magic, but Key Bank has been slow to handle my account.
I know that ever since lenders started holding the titles here in AZ (I know you are in CA and dont know how it is done there) things are a pain in the a$$. I sold my truck 1 week before the poker run and only got the title back in the mail 2 weeks ago and that was from GMAC.
Make sure you go up the ladder there. I would say with a fair level of certainty that the ownership of Magic would not put their company on the line for what the dollar amount was. They run a pretty straight ship when it comes to getting the right thing done and wont even mess with tax in the slightest bit (that's what I tried :p ). I find it very hard to believe that they would be doing something like this. They have the money and are not hurting as someone said in one of the first few posts. They do run an ethical business and company.
Start calling Magic in Havasu about it and talk with the director of finance or Ron himself. All the deals go through Havasu in the end.
Good Luck and I'm not trying to be a nutswinger on this one either. I'd be pissed too, especially over the late payment deal, but something is going on and you need to do more about it then calling the Cali shop to get this paperwork figured out.

Pro Max
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM
NOTALENT, I would pick up the phone tomorrow and call Ron at the Havasu location and explain what is going on. He is very customer driven and I bet will not only make it right BUT make it up to you somehow.

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Why dont you re-read my original statement !
Oh... I read what you're saying.
Here's an idea... maybe Magic should clean and detail their accounting office. Maybe they'll find NOTALENT's cheque. :D
Let's see... 45 days... haven't even paid the financial institution holding the debt... mix up? Are you serious?
Perhaps a little haste would be in order about now. Like maybe they could send someone over to the office to have a look at the books, or something.

Biglue
06-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeppa Yeppa, Whats up Lou.
Nothing much bro. How have you been? Haven't seen you around much. How's Andrew doing? Did he sell his boat yet?

Biglue
06-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Here's an idea... maybe Magic should clean and detail their accounting office. Maybe they'll find NOTALENT's cheque. :D
Let's see... 45 days... haven't even paid the financial institution holding the debt... mix up? Are you serious?
Perhaps a little haste would be in order about now. Like maybe they could send someone over to the office to have a look at the books, or something.
Got a better idea Tom. What do you say you go over there and knock out the facilities with one of those Brown "ones" you're known on here for. :crossx:

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 08:32 PM
Nothing much bro. How have you been? Haven't seen you around much. How's Andrew doing? Did he sell his boat yet?
Thread jacker!!! :D

ThongMagnet
06-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Sorry to hear that NoTalent.
I've heard of companies dropping customers money in the stock market for a week or two, and making a few extra bucks. The only problem is the stock market took a huge hit around the time your boat sold. (May 11 was at the peak)
When I sold my first boat through Eliminator, they had a check for me in 3-4 days, and part of that was me getting over to pick it up.
I'm sure your getting the advice now that you should have had before you consign it to them. Good luck and keep us posted.
Maybe ***boat Mag. will get a reporter out to the site and keep us informed as to what the issue was/is.

Pro Max
No comment, its pointless right about now. :argue:
I think it will all work out in the end.

CornWater
Look at TB... like vultures on a carcass.
N' shit....
:D :D

lalhc
06-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Can't they get in trouble w/the DMV or Fish & Game for something like this?

Biglue
06-12-2006, 08:38 PM
Thread jacker!!! :D
Sorry bro. :rollside:

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 08:39 PM
Sorry bro. :rollside:
Anyone else...I wouldnt mind...but you!!!! :crossx: Haha...j/k. Spit your game... :D

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Did you try contacting magic or have you been waiting it out???

maxwedge
06-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Weirdest thing, I was talking to Magic's accountant today, she seemed kinda chubby and horny, but anyway she said she was pissed because you hooked up with her friend at some bar instead of of her? Said she's never going to mail that check now... :D

Biglue
06-12-2006, 08:56 PM
Weirdest thing, I was talking to Magic's accountant today, she seemed kinda chubby and horny, but anyway she said she was pissed because you hooked up with her friend at some bar instead of of her? Said she's never going to mail that check now... :D
Now that's some funny shit right there. :rollside:

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Damn...I heard her say something about money, but I thought she was trying to pay me to make the waves roll....!!!! :crossx:

Magic34
06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
LMAO!!!
All the people that dont know the story are probably reading this like WTF??? LOL!!! :rollside:

HavasuSelect
06-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Damn...I heard her say something about money, but I thought she was trying to pay me to make the waves roll....!!!! :crossx:
I thought you told her you would take payment in the form of sexual favors.

NOTALENT
06-12-2006, 09:06 PM
I thought you told her you would take payment in the form of sexual favors.
No no no...you got it wrong..ahhhh fock it...I will give her your # next time I see her... :crossx: handle my lightweight....lol

HavasuSelect
06-12-2006, 09:07 PM
LMAO!!!
All the people that dont know the story are probably reading this like WTF??? LOL!!! :rollside:
This should help:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118009

HavasuSelect
06-12-2006, 09:08 PM
No no no...you got it wrong..ahhhh fock it...I will give her your # next time I see her... :crossx: handle my lightweight....lol
I won't look at it as a handout, I'll look at it as a hand-up!

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 09:15 PM
lmao!
The only thing to do now is have her name inked on your dick and beg her for forgiveness.

Boy Named Sue
06-12-2006, 09:21 PM
lmao!
The only thing to do now is have her name inked on your dick and beg her for forgiveness.
DryErase

Tom Brown
06-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Hey Rio, do you remember that time you had an opinion but you thought to yourself, "This is too harsh... I think I'll just keep it to myself."
Oh boy... what a wild ride that was.

bordsmnj
06-12-2006, 10:49 PM
i think he did the fat chick and she's keepin' the money.
bwahhahaha :cry: :boxed:

Kilrtoy
06-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Notalent's boat should have been paid off that day BEFORE it left the lot in the possession of another person! DOES ANYONE THINK THAT SLEEK/MAGIC WOULD LET ME LOOSE WITH A BOAT BEFORE IT WAS COMPENSATED FOR, for even one day? NOT ! Does anyone think that the new owner just got to take it with no exchange of monies til whenever? NOT !
OH SO TRUE,
GO DOWN AND DEMAND IMMEDIATE PAYMENT, IF NOT RECEIVED GO TO THE COURT HOUSE AND FILE A LAWSUIT and FOLLOW THRU WITH IT

Riomouse911
06-12-2006, 11:04 PM
It looks like you're getting Punk'd... do what the man said and go there tomorrow demanding a check before you leave, or go straight to the Courthouse.. 'cause when they get served the papers they're not going to pay you until they lose in Court.. which might be months down the road..even worse, they just might win and you're out even more cash.
Good luck, I hope to see a happy ending to your nightmare!

Magic34
06-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I agree with a lot of what is said. Dont agree with the name calling, but I would demand money as well just as many have said.
I do think that you should have gone over the person's head you have been dealing with after the first few days. Take the appropriate action now and talk with the person in charge, but do it in a way you would like to be treated. I personally have dealt with good companies and bad ones. Magic is not on my bad list for what that is worth.
Good Luck NoTalent, talk to the people in charge and I see this issue resolved tomorrow. Not because of HB forums, which at times does have some good pulling power, but because your situation just does not seem fit or right.

Roxysnow
06-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Try calling Mandy Durante in Havasu (Magic/Sleek). Also, after Magic/Sleek's commission on the sale....was there enough money left to payoff the loan? Just a thought? I am sure they would've known.....

ThongMagnet
06-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Who works for Magic? Are you getting your paychecks?
Who's a vendor for Magic? Are you getting paid?
Who is a Customer of Magic...are you getting the run around????
Three signs of a company in trouble.
33% chance they are in trouble.

Kilrtoy
06-12-2006, 11:16 PM
This is a total joke, EVERYONE, Ok almost everyone is making excuses for magic, HE GOT STRAIGHT BONED BY MAGIC AND THEY MADE MONEY OFF HIM...
SCREW THEM

Magic34
06-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Try calling Mandy Durante in Havasu (Magic/Sleek). Also, after Magic/Sleek's commission on the sale....was there enough money left to payoff the loan? Just a thought? I am sure they would've known.....
NoTalent, actually, call and talk to Brett in PHX as your first stop. See if he can help first thing in the morning. He gets in about 6 AM and is there normally until 6:30 PM or so.
602-954-0725

KACHINA KEN
06-12-2006, 11:38 PM
NoTalent, actually, call and talk to Brett in PHX as your first stop. See if he can help first thing in the morning. He gets in about 6 AM and is there normally until 6:30 PM or so.
602-954-0725
Yup, good egg.

OCMerrill
06-13-2006, 12:28 AM
I have had a few dealings with Key Equipment (owned by Key Bank) and I will never finance anything with them again.
My story is long but I paid off one of my box trucks, they cashed the check and never sent the title. I had to fight with them for months. Produce the contract and prove that it was a purchase and not a lease. Ass Wholes to the max.
So it would be nice if Magic would level with you and show you a copy of the check they sent to Key and proof that it was sent. If he can produce this then you know where the issue is.
Go after Magic. Don't wait another day. Also drag Sean through the mud on this as well.
Also call the DMV. I know CA will jump down a dealer’s throat if fraud can be proved. They are licensed as a dealer and are governed by the DMV. Subject to losing there dealers license.
Good luck on this. This crap boils my blood.
Then find the new owner and let him know the issue. If he borrowed monies on it his bank must be wanting the pink about now.

RitcheyRch
06-13-2006, 04:25 AM
Good luck and hopefully it is a simple mistake that can get resolved in a short amount of time.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 05:12 AM
602-954-0725
Who is Brett and what is his title if you dont mind me asking...???

OGShocker
06-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Hey B,
You want I should have someone call?... :crossx: j/k
This whole thing sux! I would take M34's advice and call this guy right now. Ask him why you are calling him. He knows the answer already is my guess. :mad:
Good luck!!!
OGS

Jordy
06-13-2006, 06:01 AM
Have you called him yet???

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 06:04 AM
Not yet....Im the only one in the office now and im not able to make a call out...I will be able to call in an hour. :argue:

DILLIGAF
06-13-2006, 06:04 AM
I hope this gets worked out and fast. Having someone else with your boat running around and you not having your money :mad:

ChumpChange
06-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Just to get one of the probable situations out of the way, I'll step in and say who your problem is NOT with as people keep giving the excuse of Key Bank and their title release problems.
No matter what, your loan should have been paid off by now from Magic. Key Bank will not start lien release procedures UNTIL they receive the funds from Magic. Since they are not paid off, why would they release lien as some people are suggesting??? Just want to square that away.
Magic is probably using your money right now to payoff vendors and finance the build process of another boat. That right there is probably the truth.
Chump "Banker" Change

Jordy
06-13-2006, 06:31 AM
Magic is probably using your money right now to payoff vendors and finance the build process of another boat. That right there is probably the truth.
C'mon now, that never happens in the boat industry... :rolleyes: :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-13-2006, 06:43 AM
I hope you get this all worked out B. This totally sucks. :mad:

caroftheweek
06-13-2006, 06:44 AM
Brett is Ron's son-in-law (Mandy's husband). he is a pretty cool guy and hopefully can help you get to the bottom of this.

OGShocker
06-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Maybe everyone who has responded to this thread should be calling Magic, today! :crossx:

Jordy
06-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Maybe everyone who has responded to this thread should be calling Magic, today! :crossx:
That sounds like a very viable option after NT makes the first call and reports back. :idea:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Thats a great idea!!!! :boxed:

MBlaster
06-13-2006, 06:52 AM
We're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore. :mad:

OutCole'd
06-13-2006, 06:54 AM
ATICA ATICA
No Justice, No Peace.........

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
06-13-2006, 07:03 AM
Don't forget to calculate the lost interest on your money. May not be a whole lot but it might enough for you to buy me some drinks at the bar. Just a thought.

jdogginla
06-13-2006, 07:15 AM
Just waiting on "the nod"....... :)

Parker Dreamin
06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Hope it all works out brotha.... that news sure sucks.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 07:22 AM
Few more minutes...just waiting for one more person to get in....I wasnt informed that we had a guest from another office coming in today... :mad:

Dave C
06-13-2006, 07:44 AM
Told ya! Never turn em down, just drink em pretty ;) LOL
in all seriousness, send them a certified letter TODAY, stating "that their settlement is seriously deliquent and you demand immediate payment and settlement within X number of days. If they don't you will assume that they don't intend fulfill their obligation and you will seek all necessary remedies." (just copy and paste ;))
Its very important that you do this even if they give you the "ya we will take care of it" over the phone today.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 07:47 AM
Well...I just got off the phone with Brett...he seemed cool...He stated that they did have problems with the accounting person and they are working through that. Also that this is uncalled for. He is going into a sales meeting right now and will address it. As well as get it resolved today (Hopefully).
I would like to feel like this is a good thing, but I have heard this before...so we will see what happens when I get a call back. I will keep you updated...
Thanks everyone for the help, contacts and recommendations.

Thorsinc
06-13-2006, 07:55 AM
Well that should string you along for a couple of days then it’s the weekend… 10am you should be back on the phone with him again! Don't wait till noon. And good luck with your credit getting fixed, that’s something you should fix ASAP especially if your plan is to finance your next boat. You took a 30 day late, your 45 days into this - 15 days you just may see a 60 day late - Bye Bye new boat!

Magic34
06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Well...I just got off the phone with Brett...he seemed cool...He stated that they did have problems with the accounting person and they are working through that. Also that this is uncalled for. He is going into a sales meeting right now and will address it. As well as get it resolved today (Hopefully).
I would like to feel like this is a good thing, but I have heard this before...so we will see what happens when I get a call back. I will keep you updated...
You can count on Brett living up to his word. He is a great guy.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
Long beach to the sales meeting is where I would be!! Jet blue and some Captin Morgan on the way!!!!!!

Tom Brown
06-13-2006, 08:05 AM
I remember when SaskPower shut off my gas. I called and tried to reason with them but they said they wanted something like $14K to turn it back on. They did not agree to my requests to speak with a manager, either. They were trying to pin someone else's bill on me. There are a lot of Tom Browns.
... so I hired a lawyer who sent them a letter and started the legal ball rolling. They immediately called me and said something like, "Hey... we're nice guys. Why didn't you ask to speak with a manager, if you were having problems. We would have taken care of it."
I would back off once they have met their obligations. Not before.
I wonder, in the absense of this thread, how much attention this would receive. It sounds like, despite problems and crazy delays that caused your loan to go delinquent, they haven't called you in 45 days. I'd say this is very called for.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Long beach to the sales meeting is where I would be!! Jet blue and some Captin Morgan on the way!!!!!!
Im not allowed to drink right now!!! :cry: And jet blue doesnt fly into havasu...anyone with a private charter.... :crossx:

91nordic29
06-13-2006, 08:09 AM
ROFLMAO :rollside:

Cole Trickle
06-13-2006, 08:10 AM
I dealt with Brett when I bought my Rhino and like Mike said he is a straight shooter/Stand up guy.(I would buy a boat from him with no concerns)
Hopefully he can pull through for you!!
You keep talking about your credit. If the payment is less than 30 days late you will be fine and the credit agencies won't know anything about it.(If it is over 30 days late you should have asked for advise on the matter a couple weeks ago;))

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 08:14 AM
I dealt with Brett when I bought my Rhino and like Mike said he is a straight shooter/Stand up guy.(I would buy a boat from him with no concerns)
Hopefully he can pull through for you!!
You keep talking about your credit. If the payment is less than 30 days late you will be fine and the credit agencies won't know anything about it.(If it is over 30 days late you should have asked for advise on the matter a couple weeks ago;))
I paid it over the phone last night. Had I known they were not going to pay it off, I would have asked for advice. After getting the run around I did the research on my own. Thats sad.

Cole Trickle
06-13-2006, 08:16 AM
I paid it over the phone last night. Had I known they were not going to pay it off, I would have asked for advice. After getting the run around I did the research on my own. Thats sad...
When was the original due date?
Did they call you at all regarding a late payment?

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 08:27 AM
When was the original due date?
Did they call you at all regarding a late payment?
I have that info at home....Magic did not call....Key Bank did. Stating it was overdue.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I just got off the phone with Brett again. He said they are getting the checks cut today and will fax me over a copy when done. It will be a nice feeling when I see that, but then its just a matter of getting the rest taken care of....
Should I ask for some sort of compensation??

Cole Trickle
06-13-2006, 08:32 AM
I have that info at home....Magic did not call....Key Bank did. Stating it was overdue.
I wouldn't expect Magic to call.
If Key only called you once your probably fine.They usually call after your 15 days late to ask where there money is. :crossx: (Don't ask me how I know this;))
Hopefully you get this setteled today.
Did you have any equity in the boat? do they owe you money after they make there commision and pay off the loan?

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't expect Magic to call.
If Key only called you once your probably fine.They usually call after your 15 days late to ask where there money is. :crossx: (Don't ask me how I know this;))
Hopefully you get this setteled today.
Did you have any equity in the boat? do they owe you money after they make there commision and pay off the loan?
LOL....I financed some of the purchase after the pay off and there cut...(at this point I shoud get..haha) I will be getting the remainder.

Cole Trickle
06-13-2006, 08:34 AM
I just got off the phone with Brett again. He said they are getting the checks cut today and will fax me over a copy when done. It will be a nice feeling when I see that, but then its just a matter of getting the rest taken care of....
I would ask for 2 hats,6 coozies a shirt and a huge T-Bone steak so you can feed your new girlfriend!! :p

C-2
06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Find out if your late payment was 30 days or not.
Like Cole Trickle said, if under 30 no problem. Over 30 and it will nail your report/score and haunt you for the next 7 years.
If it went over 30 due to their negligence, then you should make sure they do a whole lotta follow-up to get it removed, if they can even do it.

Deano
06-13-2006, 08:40 AM
F the checks. I would tell them to wire it into the banks account and wire you the rest, plus the payment you just made.
Im sure the new owners bank, your bank and the dmv would love to hear about your boat having (2) liens on it for 45 days.
They should have paid it off within 10 days (per state law)

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 08:40 AM
I would ask for 2 hats,6 coozies a shirt and a huge T-Bone steak so you can feed your new girlfriend!! :p
hehe...T-bone....? shit I would need a whole side of beef!!! :crossx:
or I can ask for a ***boat REGATTA!!! :D

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-13-2006, 08:41 AM
I have delt with key bank for clients and they are pretty cool. You will need to get a hold of their credit dept. Get a copy of the sales contract form magic and write a long sad letter with a tear spot on your letterhead and you have a 50/50 shot at getting the 30 day removed. I would print this thread out too. After reading this they have to remove it. Good luck!!

Wmc
06-13-2006, 08:43 AM
I would also ask that they compensate you for the interest on all the days that the payment is overdue. A check should have been sent to Key Bank once the new owner's check cleared Magic's bank account. We paid our Magic off and received title and an overage check within 10 business days. Key Bank was quick to respond. So I would say that they owe you for at least 30 days interest... Anyway you should never have let it go on this long. If your credit has a 30 day late, you will never get that removed, because by law the boat is still yours, unless you have a signed contract from Magic & the new boat owner releasing you from any liabiltiy (which I doubt). I have always had great customer service from Magic, so no complaints from me. But just advice for you. Good Luck and hope Brett comes through!!!!

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 09:28 AM
WOW, just what Magic needs, another round of poor press. Someone from Magic should come on here and 'Clear the air" if they are not at fault, it needs to be done IMO. NSF

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 09:29 AM
WOW, just what Magic needs, another round of poor press. Someone from Magic should come on here and 'Clear the air" if they are not at fault, it needs to be done IMO. NSF
He will be on later. However it is there fault, they owned up to it. They are working through some mess with there accountant....

Kilrtoy
06-13-2006, 09:50 AM
YOU ARE STILL GETTING HOSED, DONT ACCEPT THAT BULLSHIT ANSWER...
It takes seconds to fix ccrap like this and your still waiting.....
CALL BACK NOW and state you are on your way down to pick up a check, IN THE FULL AMOUNT or you will head to the court house then come over with a lawsuit

RitcheyRch
06-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Agree. Sounds like they are going to string you along again.
CALL BACK NOW and state you are on your way down to pick up a check, IN THE FULL AMOUNT or you will head to the court house then come over with a lawsuit

Cole Trickle
Take the 405 to the 55 to the 91 and then head towards Phoenix on the 10.....You should be there about 3 hours after the checks were mailed out;) :crossx:
Don't forget to ask about the coozies and the 50lb rump roast.(It will give your chick something to snack on while you drive home :crossx: )

Wet Dream
They are working through some mess with there accountant....
It's called a negative cash flow.

Cole Trickle
06-13-2006, 10:13 AM
I honestly don't think Magic/Sleek are struggling for money.
They probably have 4 Million plus in Inventory and the company/family are backed by some pretty serious money.(Swift Trucking)
If they are gulity of something it's building boats too fast and being overworked/understaffed.(They should have handled brandons situation the same day)

Wmc
06-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Take the 405 to the 55 to the 91 and then head towards Phoenix on the 10.....You should be there about 3 hours after the checks were mailed out;) :crossx:
Don't forget to ask about the coozies and the 50lb rump roast.(It will give your chick something to snack on while you drive home :crossx: )
LMAO, I'm hungry now!!!! :)

Wmc
06-13-2006, 10:15 AM
They probably have 4 Million plus in Inventory and the company/family are backed by some pretty serious money.(Swift Trucking)
If they are gulity of something it's building boats too fast and being overworked/understaffed.(They should have handled brandons situation the same day)
You beat me too it!!! No negative cash flow... Look on Havasu, Magic's are everywhere!!!

jbtrailerjim
06-13-2006, 10:25 AM
LOL....I doubt that is a problem. If that were the case, I'm sure Ron could get some help from his brother Jerry Moyes, who just happens to be the president & CEO of Swift Transportation.

Magic34
06-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Ron doesn't need Jerry to help finance the company. He has plenty from previous business investments and owning his own comapnies as well in the trucking industry. With that on paper, there are many banks that will give huge lines of credit for $$ needs when cash flow is poor.
Ron owned most of Central Freight and it went public a few years ago. HIs big brother isn't needed.
FYI though, Jerry owns a lot... no TONS more than Swift alone. He now is the majority owner in the PHX Coyotes as well now, and has some huge development $$ in a few cities.
Ron built my boat with nothing more than a $40k deposit and I wasn't financing when I signed the contract. They asked for more, but I never gave it until time of delivery. Another boat builder I have dealt with has stopped production until they got another $100k+ in the build process.

Kilrtoy
06-13-2006, 10:38 AM
Ron built my boat with nothing more than a $40k deposit and I wasn't financing when I signed the contract. They asked for more, but I never gave it until time of delivery. Another boat builder I have dealt with has stopped production until they got another $100k+ in the build process.
DCB built my boat with 5k down
and when it was done asked if i wanted to Finace or pay cash... what is the point...
MAGIC IS SCREWING THIS YOUNG, YOUNG KID AROUND....PERIOD

Magic34
06-13-2006, 10:49 AM
and when it was done asked if i wanted to Finace or pay cash... what is the point...
That is way cool of DCB.... They must have known that they could have sold your boat if you backed out. If you wanted to finance and were not approved after the boat was built, then they would have had to sell it to someone else.
Another builder wanted $60k down, another $50k when it came out of the mold and another $100k or so a few months later before going any further in the build process. I think in the first 6 weeks, we put up about $140k.
I was 21 when I bought my first Magic, a 29' Wizard, and they didn't try to screw the kid then.
This isn't Magic trying to screw NoTalent, even though that is what has seemend to happen. An error has been started to clear up today. This is the 1st time he has gone above Sean's head. I would have done that much sooner, it just depends on when he was made aware of the issue.

Kilrtoy
06-13-2006, 10:59 AM
That is way cool of DCB.... They must have known that they could have sold your boat if you backed out. If you wanted to finance and were not approved after the boat was built, then they would have had to sell it to someone else.
Another builder wanted $60k down, another $50k when it came out of the mold and another $100k or so a few months later before going any further in the build process. I think in the first 6 weeks, we put up about $140k.
I was 21 when I bought my first Magic, a 29' Wizard, and they didn't try to screw the kid then.
This isn't Magic trying to screw NoTalent, even though that is what has seemend to happen. An error has been started to clear up today. This is the 1st time he has gone above Sean's head. I would have done that much sooner, it just depends on when he was made aware of the issue.
Well Sean should be fired then... This is not a error, it is a huge F$$$ UP, three or four weeks ago I saw this boat with the new owner

RitcheyRch
06-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Not trying to stir the pot but we can only hope it is cleared up today. There are no promises.

phebus
06-13-2006, 11:05 AM
I agree that NOTALENT got screwed on the deal, but let's wait to see how they deal with it now that management has been advised of the problem.
It's time to tell the posse to stand down, and wait. The hanging might have to wait :D
Lynchmob mentality strikes again :skull:

Magic34
06-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Lynchmob mentality strikes again :skull:
There are 3 things certain in life...
Death, taxes, and the ***boat lynchmob. :D

USCFAN
06-13-2006, 11:13 AM
I was thinking the same thing.. Money is not the issue... They definetly have serious money due to the Swift Trucking..

JB in so cal
06-13-2006, 11:14 AM
http://www.usc.edu/dept/LAS/history/hist225g/images/size_c/LCL14.gif

ThongMagnet
06-13-2006, 11:18 AM
hehe...T-bone....? shit I would need a whole side of beef!!! :crossx:
or I can ask for a ***boat REGATTA!!! :D
Demand:
***boat Regatta, an open bar with all your ***boat forum friends, a gas card for 1 years worth of fuel, 1yrs worth of slim fast diet products for your girlfriend, and a cooler filled with gatorade for you. :) :) :)

Magic34
06-13-2006, 11:21 AM
I was thinking the same thing.. Money is not the issue... They definetly have serious money due to the Swift Trucking..
Swift has no money in Magic/Sleek. Family members, but the owner of Swift doesn't financially support it nor does he need to.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Demand:
***boat Regatta, an open bar with all your ***boat forum friends, a gas card for 1 years worth of fuel, 1yrs worth of slim fast diet products for your girlfriend, and a cooler filled with gatorade for you. :) :) :)
ROLMFAO....!!! You are very observant.... :rollside:
Going through soo much shit right now...I need a fockin beer....If the doc says its ok at 3:45 im going straight to the fockin bar afterwards!!! :D

ratso
06-13-2006, 11:30 AM
That's only because you have a hot wife, and their eyes were fixated on something else instead of the invoice, and they accidentally left a zero off... :D

laveydayz
06-13-2006, 11:55 AM
Any word after the meeting? Id call every half hour and bug the sh** out of them. Very shady deal. Ask photoglou if you can pick up a new duramax and pay him in about a month while you get to use it. Agreed you should have had a check in hand and a release of liability before ANYONE took possesion of YOUR BOAT period!! It may be an accounting issue but the bottom line is it reflects poorly on Magics reputation. In addition if it was one persons f*** up then they should lose there job over this and Magic should be going out of there way to apologize and make this right immediately not weeks after the fact. Hope this all works out for ya!! Good luck!

Cole Trickle
06-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Ask photoglou if you can pick up a new duramax and pay him in about a month while you get to use it.
Actualy..... I had my 05 Crew Cab delivered by Jay and paid nothing out of pocket.I think it took my credit union about 3 weeks to cut the check to Selman:D :crossx:

Kilrtoy
06-13-2006, 12:04 PM
That's only because you have a hot wife, and their eyes were fixated on something else instead of the invoice, and they accidentally left a zero off... :D
She wears baby tee's for my wallets, pleasure not mine

Kilrtoy
06-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Actualy..... I had my 05 Crew Cab delivered by Jay and paid nothing out of pocket.I think it took my credit union about 3 weeks to cut the check to Selman:D :crossx:
YEAH and they had a promissory note,
WHY is everyone defending this large companies actions....

USCFAN
06-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Swift has no money in Magic/Sleek. Family members, but the owner of Swift doesn't financially support it nor does he need to.
Well I said this because I know for a fact that there is a connection. So I'm sure if there was a need for the money it would be there.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 12:09 PM
No update yet...last call I got was at 9:18am...I will be calling back shortly.

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 12:10 PM
She wears baby tee's for my wallets, pleasure not mine
Then I dont blame them for leaving a zero off :2purples: And that my fine friend is a compliment! ;) NSF

ThongMagnet
06-13-2006, 12:14 PM
YEAH and they had a promissory note,
I'm not defending. From this I see big money/cash flow problems. Were talking a simple accounting mistake...once disclosed...should take no less than one business day to correct. They have cash flow problems.

ViB
06-13-2006, 12:18 PM
mmmmnnn!! Lynch mob!!! D'oh! :rolleyes:
Sorry, just had to chime in on the thread and get my post count up....shooting for 100 by jacking threads.

Magic34
06-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I am only doing so because I had to wave at you first at the Poker Run. You were not in your boat and thought you could get away all stealth as sh*t without a wave, but I saw you and waved first from a Magic!!! :crossx:
I would very well think that the person who's fault this may be would lose their job. There was a lot of risk for the company to be in if everything was correct as stated. They are delivering 5 boats a week, and a mix up like this is most likely due to a poor employee which very well may be in accounting.
I called GMAC many times in the past when I sold a vehicle to make sure the process was moving along. Should I have to do that.... no, but I always try to cover my own a$$ and my credit has benefited from it.
If any lesson was to come from this, follow up yourself regardless of how small or large and competent a company may seem.

Biglue
06-13-2006, 12:44 PM
I think I'll go buy a Magic now. :D

Ziggy
06-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Stangely....my terrible boat builder sold my old boat on consignment and I got paid the day it sold...........What a shitty thing for them to do to and pay me so quickly---sheesh. I should have complained to them about it. :rolleyes:
Brandon's credit is being affected by their negligents-------that in itself is worthy of compensation and correction by Official means. Raise your right hand and repeat after me... :D :D
Generally some sort of consignment agreement should have been signed by both parties, Brandon needs to read this thoroughly and see if they have some hidden small print to protect them or him in this regard.

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Far be it from me to defend Magic but Ron was nothing but a standup guy with any problems I had, he even came in person to my house to look at something and then came back and picked up my boat later that day.
If you look at Magic here in Havasu then you have to understand that Ron in my opinion lives in a helter/skelter fast paced world and it shows, it's just the way he is. The offices are shall we say organized chaos as is the whole place, BUT, maybe its not the way you would run a business, BUT, whos to argue with success. They lost or never turned in my trailer registration, took 3 or 4 months to get it but I got it and the girl was gone right after.
I'm hoping this is handled for notalents sake and everything is put to rest quickly. Magic is a pretty damn good boat but can't survive with all of this going on, it's too competitive a market out there and dollars are going to get pertty short and in the near future. JMO. Peace, NSF

burtandnancy
06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I'd have been in the DA's office a long time ago...

msc5195
06-13-2006, 02:15 PM
I drive by a Swift terminal every 2 times day on my way to and from work. They are 1/2 mile down the road from my plant and they are in the process of stripping all the SWIFT logos off of the trucks and replacing with BLUE THUNDER TRANSPORT. Workers there say SWIFT has sold out. I do not know this for fact but I was told direct from an employee at that terminal.
Anyways, Brandon, GOOD LUCK and I hope this gets resolved soon.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Well got off the phone with Brett about 30 minutes ago...he faxed me over a copy of my check and the one he is over nighting to Key Bank. They did apologize for this happening. He is an awesome guy. It is a relief to see a copy of the checks....he is going to keep me updated until it is finished...I will definatley be calling key bank as well. As long as it rolls through like its mapped out to be, everything should be copesetic. I will be happy with the outome.
Thanks again all.
Off to the Doctor now...wish me luck... :rollside: If the tests come out good...I will be a hell of alot less stressfull and if he says its cool...im going straight to the bar!!! I need a fockin beer badly! :p

CampbellCarl
06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Good luck on the Doc, the boat/bank dealio and the focking BEER!
Carl

MR HARLEY
06-13-2006, 02:31 PM
Well got off the phone with Brett about 30 minutes ago...he faxed me over a copy of my check and the one he is over nighting to Key Bank. They did apologize for this happening. He is an awesome guy. It is a relief to see a copy of the checks....he is going to keep me updated until it is finished...I will definatley be calling key bank as well. As long as it rolls through like its mapped out to be, everything should be copesetic. I will be happy with the outome.
Thanks again all.
Off to the Doctor now...wish me luck... :rollside: If the tests come out good...I will be a hell of alot less stressfull and if he says its cool...im going straight to the bar!!! I need a fockin beer badly! :p
I hope everything works out for you. :)

NashvilleBound
06-13-2006, 02:49 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm...........

djunkie
06-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Ya no kidding. I spent about 1/2 an hour on the phone telling him what I wanted. He had to order it. A couple months later it was here and all that with out a penny out of my pocket.

Pro Max
06-13-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm not defending. From this I see big money/cash flow problems. Were talking a simple accounting mistake...once disclosed...should take no less than one business day to correct. They have cash flow problems.
???? Cash flow problems ?????
Good thought dude :220v:

Magic34
06-13-2006, 03:11 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmm...........
Is this one of those finish the sentence things?????
I got it!!!!
hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Where did that tire go, I swear it was on when I left Havasu? :D :rollside:

Dave C
06-13-2006, 03:12 PM
I don't know how your agreement was structured but I would bet that they some serious fiduciary issues here. I can only guess but playing the float on funds for property held in trust is BAD! VERY bad.
they still have some splaining to do.......

LakeRacer
06-13-2006, 03:25 PM
Magic is a pretty damn good boat but can't survive with all of this going on, it's too competitive a market out there and dollars are going to get pertty short and in the near future. JMO. Peace, NSF
I respectfully disagree. Magic will survive. If the "power" of this board was as effective as everyone thinks it is, then Commander, Cheetah, Advantage, Magic/SleekCraft to name a few would already be out of business.
Make no mistake; this board can be usefull and from time to time positive results can be seen. However, more often than not, its just a one sided war of words where the business in question is raked over the coals (bashed) before anyone in this forum has heard the other side of the story.
And if you think the business in question should get on here and explain their side, again I disagree. It would serve them no useful purpose other than to absorb more bashing because most of you folks will side with the "I've been wronged" customer i.e. your Hot Boat Forum friends.
Not So Fast...none of this is directed towards you personally. It's an observation in general. A trend that I have seen more and more on these boards.

NashvilleBound
06-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Is this one of those finish the sentence things?????
I got it!!!!
hmmmmmmmmmmmm..... Where did that tire go, I swear it was on when I left Havasu? :D :rollside:
ROTFLMAO.....not really, but it will work.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
Just got another call from Brett...he gave me the tracking numbers for both checks...both being over nighted to me and Key. I checked them so its valid. Im definatley glad its working out this way....they even kicked me down some money and offered me a ride out @ the Regatta this weekend. Very cool. I will be deleting the thread tonight.
This is just another one of the many reasons I am glad I stumbled across HB a few years ago..You all really helped out alot. Thank you very much.
Brandon

Magic34
06-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Just got another call from Brett...he gave me the tracking numbers for both checks...both being over nighted to me and Key. I checked them so its valid. Im definatley glad its working out this way....they even kicked me down some money and offered me a ride out @ the Regatta this weekend. Very cool. I will be deleting the thread tonight.
This is just another one of the many reasons I am glad I stumbled across HB a few years ago..You all really helped out alot. Thank you very much.
Brandon
Brandon, I think that the credit to HB is cool, but if you have talked to Brett before this, I could guarntee you that the results would have been the same.
Glad it worked out and come to the regatta. If you win a prize, then that will add more to your situation as well. :crossx: How'd the doctor do?

Kilrtoy
06-13-2006, 04:15 PM
. I will be deleting the thread tonight.
Brandon
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.....
it still does not make it right what happened, keep it up so others will be forewarned and dont fall into the same trap you did....THAT WOULD BE A PUBLIC SERVICE ON YOUR PART
:

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 04:34 PM
:D I respectfully disagree. Magic will survive. If the "power" of this board was as effective as everyone thinks it is, then Commander, Cheetah, Advantage, Magic/SleekCraft to name a few would already be out of business.
Make no mistake; this board can be usefull and from time to time positive results can be seen. However, more often than not, its just a one sided war of words where the business in question is raked over the coals (bashed) before anyone in this forum has heard the other side of the story.
And if you think the business in question should get on here and explain their side, again I disagree. It would serve them no useful purpose other than to absorb more bashing because most of you folks will side with the "I've been wronged" customer i.e. your Hot Boat Forum friends.
Not So Fast...none of this is directed towards you personally. It's an observation in general. A trend that I have seen more and more on these boards.
Not taken personally, no problem there Lake racer. On the survival note, I'm sure if anybody survives if (when) the economy tanks it will be Ron. He strives to be a success even if its in an unorthodox manner, obviously he has succeeded. He's a very likeable guy, at least to me. Why do you think it's a bad idea to defend one's self? There are always two sides to every story and I've heard a lot of these concerning Magic, mostly bad! The ones that dont make it on here SHOULD because Ron has done some pretty nice things for people through no fault of his, ask Outcole'd, one of many I know of. If anybody on here thinks that other boat builders dont have problems then they are naive to say the least. In ending I'm glad that the "problem" is being solved, it sounds like the wrong people were trying to solve it in the first place, and when you sell as many boats as Magic does, S--t happens. Peace, NSF

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Brandon, I think that the credit to HB is cool, but if you have talked to Brett before this, I could guarntee you that the results would have been the same.
Glad it worked out and come to the regatta. If you win a prize, then that will add more to your situation as well. :crossx: How'd the doctor do?
Most likely. I learned a lesson and will follow through with all my future purchases and sale for now on. The doctor was good so far...no hepotites thankfully. They said there was liver damage, I had to give more blood to get more work done and see how it looks next tuesday. If the enzyme count is good then im good to go. However I wont be drinking that much again....That was just stupid.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 04:42 PM
WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT.....
it still does not make it right what happened, keep it up so others will be forewarned and dont fall into the same trap you did....THAT WOULD BE A PUBLIC SERVICE ON YOUR PART
:
They resolved the issue and both partys came to an agreement. Maybe I will keep it up and let it die down. Thats kind what this place is for. Kilr....you sound so copish in that last line... :D

GMFL
06-13-2006, 04:55 PM
I respectfully disagree. Magic will survive. If the "power" of this board was as effective as everyone thinks it is, then Commander, Cheetah, Advantage, Magic/SleekCraft to name a few would already be out of business.
Although, I would agree with you that Magic and the others will survive and posts on this and other forums, I can tell you that I stopped looking at Magic boats because of the forums. I STARTED looking at Conquest because of the forums. Went and looked at Conquest and met Keith because of the forums. I eventually purchased a boat, NOT based on the forums. (Sorry Keith, not from Conquest, you gave a great tour though)
So personally, I would say that this board does have some "power" especially when your talking about six figure purchases. Just my opinion...

ClownRoyal
06-13-2006, 04:56 PM
I have owned a Magic and have only good things to say. Case in point...two years ago in the April Poker Run I broke down just south of Copper Canyon. Who pulls me back to the Nautical Inn where mechanics are waiting? Ron in his 44 cat. I was fixed by Clu (Magic's mechanic) and back on the water in an hour. From my experience...they bend over backwords for you. That is my experience and my .02.

Kilrtoy
06-13-2006, 04:58 PM
:D
Not taken personally, no problem there Lake racer. On the survival note, I'm sure if anybody survives if (when) the economy tanks it will be Ron. He strives to be a success even if its in an unorthodox manner, obviously he has succeeded. He's a very likeable guy, at least to me. Why do you think it's a bad idea to defend one's self? There are always two sides to every story and I've heard a lot of these concerning Magic, mostly bad! The ones that dont make it on here SHOULD because Ron has done some pretty nice things for people through no fault of his, ask Outcole'd, one of many I know of. If anybody on here thinks that other boat builders dont have problems then they are naive to say the least. In ending I'm glad that the "problem" is being solved, it sounds like the wrong people were trying to solve it in the first place, and when you sell as many boats as Magic does, S--t happens. Peace, NSF
You want good stories here is one...
A new magic deckboat loses its drive on the second trip out. The clown at magic says we are booked for over a week, Luckily Ron was in the channel and contacted and it was fixed that day... It seems that only the boss knows how to make things right, the rest are worried about their next fix....

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 05:24 PM
Thanx Kilr, at least its sort of good news, I'm all warm and fuzzy now. Kidding aside, there are some kind stories out there, they just dont make it on here :confused: NSF

Jrocket
06-13-2006, 05:55 PM
A friend of mine has a boat there on consignment right now,I'll definately be passing this info along to him.
Thanks for the info thread!

riverroyal
06-13-2006, 06:07 PM
check your lug nuts,right nashville

LakeRacer
06-13-2006, 06:09 PM
:D
You've kinda made my point....you don't see a 10 page, 1000 view thread of happy, happy, joy, joy going on do you? But that's not uncommon for a bashing thread. Why try to defend yourself when the odds are stacked against you?

LakeRacer
06-13-2006, 06:15 PM
Although, I would agree with you that Magic and the others will survive and posts on this and other forums, I can tell you that I stopped looking at Magic boats because of the forums. I STARTED looking at Conquest because of the forums. Went and looked at Conquest and met Keith because of the forums. I eventually purchased a boat, NOT based on the forums. (Sorry Keith, not from Conquest, you gave a great tour though)
So personally, I would say that this board does have some "power" especially when your talking about six figure purchases. Just my opinion...
Agreed, but from the way people express their opinion on here you would think alot of boat manufacturers would be out of business by now. And that is not the case. It's the mob mentality and it reigns supreme on here.

GRUNION
06-13-2006, 07:52 PM
Magic makes a great boat, and the people there do care. Problems happen everywhere it the end result that makes a good company and obviously he was taken care of and compensated for the troubles. That is awsome. How many companies would do that?

ThongMagnet
06-13-2006, 11:43 PM
???? Cash flow problems ?????
Good thought dude :220v:
Ya show be the book for the last 2 months, so we can see where the trouble was. After this, if it were me, asked to drop off 50K deposit, I'd think twice.
I'm not saying the don't have a good product, just if you can't take care of your customer money...something is very wrong.

ThongMagnet
06-13-2006, 11:44 PM
This was the topping on the cake!!!!!

Bella
06-14-2006, 07:01 AM
Brandon
Just wanted to take a second and first say it was good to talk to you. Second, sorry that it started out the way it did. Lastly, thanks for the kind words and hopefully you are not left with a bad taste in your mouth.
I wish I would have come across this a while back. Long before it ever came to this.
It was interesting reading everyones input good or bad.
Thanks,
Brett

NOTALENT
06-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Thank you Brett...Got the check this morning as promised and it was delivered to Key as well. I will check on the late payment deal and make sure its copesetic, if not I will let you know.
Thanks Again,
Brandon

Tom Brown
06-14-2006, 11:18 AM
You've kinda made my point....you don't see a 10 page, 1000 view thread of happy, happy, joy, joy going on do you? But that's not uncommon for a bashing thread. Why try to defend yourself when the odds are stacked against you?
Are you kidding me?
How can you defend sitting on someone's money for 45 days? Of course the odds are stacked against you.

sigepmock
06-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Brandon
Just wanted to take a second and first say it was good to talk to you. Second, sorry that it started out the way it did. Lastly, thanks for the kind words and hopefully you are not left with a bad taste in your mouth.
I wish I would have come across this a while back. Long before it ever came to this.
It was interesting reading everyones input good or bad.
Thanks,
Brett
Glad you got involved and took care of things Brett. I know it's outside your normal scope of work there but I new once you got hold of it, it would be taken care of right away.
Brandon, glad they got it straightened out for , Brett is definately a stand up guy and I can't forsee you having any more problems now that he is involved.
Chris

LakeRacer
06-14-2006, 02:38 PM
Are you kidding me?
How can you defend sitting on someone's money for 45 days? Of course the odds are stacked against you.
I wasn't defending them. Read the post again. I'm making general observation statements about how any boat manufacturer, dealer, retailer etc. would have the odds stacked against them when somebody complains on these boards. Mob rule and mentality even before the forum has heard all sides of the story.
I'm adding this because I misread your statement. It appears that they screwed up, and yes, the odds would be stacked against them. However, I still stand by my statement about mob rule and mentality.
Now that Magic has made things right with No Talent, will there be nine to ten pages of "Magic takes care of customer!" or "Magic made things right!" on a separate thread???

OGShocker
06-14-2006, 02:51 PM
"What song..." and "three word post" are pretty big..:D

Not So Fast
06-14-2006, 02:55 PM
I wasn't defending them. Read the post again. I'm making general observation statements about how any boat manufacturer, dealer, retailer etc. would have the odds stacked against them when somebody complains on these boards. Mob rule and mentality even before the forum has heard all sides of the story.
I'm adding this because I misread your statement. It appears that they screwed up, and yes, the odds would be stacked against them. However, I still stand by my statement about mob rule and mentality.
Now that Magic has made things right with No Talent, will there be nine to ten pages of "Magic takes care of customer!" or "Magic made things right!" on a separate thread???
Doubt that will happen, Bad news travels much faster than good, not right but true! NSF

riverroyal
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
good experiences with magic,few snags here and there,but they have been good to us.How many happy magic owners dont come to ***boat?Maybe 80% of them,so this place can be tough.Every builder has a bad story somewhere.

Magic34
06-14-2006, 03:47 PM
good experiences with magic,few snags here and there,but they have been good to us.How many happy magic owners dont come to ***boat?Maybe 80% of them,so this place can be tough.Every builder has a bad story somewhere.
I think they have cash flow problems though after reading this thread 80 times. :argue: :p I guess it changed my mind. :rollside:
Seriously though, there is probably more than $500k available on a line of credit at any time available and the $20k or less that was owed to NoTalent/Brandon, was not an issue of poor cash flow but more like a sh*tty bean counter processing paperwork.

laveydayz
06-14-2006, 03:50 PM
Things get handled when you when you rally up the LYNCH MOB!!!!!!!! LOL

Magic34
06-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Things get handled when you when you rally up the LYNCH MOB!!!!!!!! LOL
Did you read the local paper though this morning???
There was a cross put up off AZ95 with all the ads of Magic Powerboats from the various boating magazines stapled to that cross. Then a bunch of people in other boat builder shirts and wearing lifejackets and bandanas started a fire at the base of it using a ***boat T-shirt soaked in gasoline.
After that, the check was successfully received.
Oh yeah, local PD was called, but there are some internal issues that kept them from showing up.

Froggystyle
06-14-2006, 04:41 PM
I wasn't defending them. Read the post again. I'm making general observation statements about how any boat manufacturer, dealer, retailer etc. would have the odds stacked against them when somebody complains on these boards. Mob
I should know enough to stay the hell out of this... but I am clearly not bright enough to do so...
That being said, you are incorrect. There are a ton of manufacturers who you would be absolutely insane to go after on the boards. Companies that time and again have proven that they will go to the mat for a customer...every time. Try to bash one of them and see how far it gets you.
Bash Magic, Commander, Aftershock,Caliber, Omega etc..your response will be what you have seen... a hundred people saying "imagine that" :rolleyes: . Hell, they will blame you for being stupid enough to buy one.
Do the same with Conquest, or Howard, DCB... see how far that gets you. The boards will rally behind the proven manufacturer every time.
What this tells me is that the boards know the difference between a manufacturer who generally screws their customers and one who generally protects their customers. Start bashing one of the latter manufacturers on here and see how fast the wagons circle.
And on that note, since I am exposed now anyway... ;) How many people come on here talking about their Conquest that grenaded a drive the second time out? Or that broke down in Copper Canyon and had to get towed back? Not too many. Maybe it has something to do with the way it is installed, or rigged, or myriad other things that could play a role.
If this same thing had happenned with DCB... wait... it wouldn't. One of a hundred reasons Dave doesn't have to come on here to defend himself.
There is no such thing as a 45 day late on a payoff mistake. That doesn't happen. Too big of a mistake. How many big boat companies doing millions per year do you think are on COD terms with suppliers? A disturbing amount... this I promise you.
I am very glad NoTalent got his money. As for the rest of the story.... welcome to the old boat business.

HAULNZ
06-14-2006, 04:47 PM
I think they have cash flow problems though after reading this thread 80 times. :argue: :p I guess it changed my mind. :rollside:
Seriously though, there is probably more than $500k available on a line of credit at any time available and the $20k or less that was owed to NoTalent/Brandon, was not an issue of poor cash flow but more like a sh*tty bean counter processing paperwork.
Yeah, blame the sh**tty bean counters, they are always the problem. :rolleyes:

riverroyal
06-14-2006, 04:50 PM
how many magic owners are here,how many conquest,how many dcb,etc etc.Then,how many magic,conquest,dcb etc owners are out there that dont use ***boat forums.Magic has sold a bunch of boats in the last 4 years,my guess is more than most.Like Ive said before,I love my magic,Im a bit sick of hearing magic bashing stories,how about a positive one???If someone here doesnt like there boat,what ever the builders name,SELL it :cool:

riverroyal
06-14-2006, 04:51 PM
notalents issues dont count,that just plain sucked :rollside:

Magic34
06-14-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah, blame the sh**tty bean counters, they are always the problem. :rolleyes:
Not all of them. I LOVE mine in the most professional way you can.
It just seems that in this case, where a person was put into the position of handling these items in the business, they did a bad job.

riverroyal
06-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Not all of them. I LOVE mine in the most professional way you can.
It just seems that in this case, where a person was put into the position of handling these items in the business, they did a bad job.
thats alot of love

LakeRacer
06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I should know enough to stay the hell out of this... but I am clearly not bright enough to do so...
That being said, you are incorrect. There are a ton of manufacturers who you would be absolutely insane to go after on the boards. Companies that time and again have proven that they will go to the mat for a customer...every time. Try to bash one of them and see how far it gets you.
Bash Magic, Commander, Aftershock,Caliber, Omega etc..your response will be what you have seen... a hundred people saying "imagine that" :rolleyes: . Hell, they will blame you for being stupid enough to buy one.
Do the same with Conquest, or Howard, DCB... see how far that gets you. The boards will rally behind the proven manufacturer every time.
What this tells me is that the boards know the difference between a manufacturer who generally screws their customers and one who generally protects their customers. Start bashing one of the latter manufacturers on here and see how fast the wagons circle.
And on that note, since I am exposed now anyway... ;) How many people come on here talking about their Conquest that grenaded a drive the second time out? Or that broke down in Copper Canyon and had to get towed back? Not too many. Maybe it has something to do with the way it is installed, or rigged, or myriad other things that could play a role.
If this same thing had happenned with DCB... wait... it wouldn't. One of a hundred reasons Dave doesn't have to come on here to defend himself.
There is no such thing as a 45 day late on a payoff mistake. That doesn't happen. Too big of a mistake. How many big boat companies doing millions per year do you think are on COD terms with suppliers? A disturbing amount... this I promise you.
I am very glad NoTalent got his money. As for the rest of the story.... welcome to the old boat business.
Are there differences in the way boat manufacturers produce their products? I would be an idiot to say no. But does that justify bashing when we don't even know the whole story..and never will? Whether or not it's Magic this time or someone else in the future?

Tom Brown
06-14-2006, 05:37 PM
...does that justify bashing when we don't even know the whole story.
Unless their position is that they have met their contractual obligations.... their side of the story is irrelevant.
Misplaced documents, accountant sick for 45 days, someone hit by a car, monkey pox pandemic..... it just doesn't matter.
By the way, I hope you're never in the same position as NOTALENT.

Bella
06-14-2006, 05:38 PM
I think that what you are doing is great for our industry, but.....
I do have a couple of issues regarding what you have said.
The response would have been the same if Brandon would have been the same if he would have called me 30 days ago. I have to believe you would say "he shouldn't have to." I agree and he did have to call. I would have tried to handle it the same way whether it was 5 days or 45 days old. Brandon can tell you he called me around 8:00 and it was handle a short time after that.
The other thing that I think that you are greatly mistaken on is, step out from behind the computer and come to Havasu this weekend and let's see how many people we have/haven't gone to the mat for. Let's see how many people truly "rally."
I have to say that as far as customers go we have the best!
Again, thanks to everone for the insight. Brandon, sorry and you are welcome at the Regatta and hope that Magic and you are straight.
Wes, keep up what you are doing and hope to see you this weekend!
Thanks everyone,
Brett

LakeRacer
06-14-2006, 08:28 PM
Unless their position is that they have met their contractual obligations.... their side of the story is irrelevant.
Misplaced documents, accountant sick for 45 days, someone hit by a car, monkey pox pandemic..... it just doesn't matter.
By the way, I hope you're never in the same position as NOTALENT.
What if they met their contractual obligations and we didn't know it? Or better yet the customer still thinks they are being screwed?
Hey, we could go on forever. I'm just playing devils advocate to try and shed some light and a different point of view. I've enjoyed the debate.
I hope that I will never be in the same position as No Talent. But I will say this....I will never air out my grievances on this or any other board.

sleekcraft137
06-14-2006, 08:44 PM
how many magic owners are here,how many conquest,how many dcb,etc etc.Then,how many magic,conquest,dcb etc owners are out there that dont use ***boat forums.Magic has sold a bunch of boats in the last 4 years,my guess is more than most.Like Ive said before,I love my magic,Im a bit sick of hearing magic bashing stories,how about a positive one???If someone here doesnt like there boat,what ever the builders name,SELL it :cool:
All's I can say about Power Marine (Magic/Sleekcraft) Is that they were GREAT to me!. I had bought an older Sleekcraft a few years back. I stopped by the Sleekcraft booth at the LA boat show and chatted with the guys from the SOcal location. They gave me stickers, hat, etc...... I took my boat to them a couple of times to have some stuff worked on and they always treated me GREAT! They were also a big help when I sold the boat not too long ago. When I buy a new boat in a couple of years MAgic/Sleek will be the first place that I will go to look. I've delt with a few other boat makers that are out there and I can tell ya that their are a few that I would NEVER go to again for anything. My experience with Magic/Sleek was great! So there riverroyal there's your positive magic story.

Jordy
06-14-2006, 08:50 PM
Did you read the local paper though this morning???
There was a cross put up off AZ95 with all the ads of Magic Powerboats from the various boating magazines stapled to that cross. Then a bunch of people in other boat builder shirts and wearing lifejackets and bandanas started a fire at the base of it using a ***boat T-shirt soaked in gasoline.
After that, the check was successfully received.
Oh yeah, local PD was called, but there are some internal issues that kept them from showing up.
Now that's funny right there. You're getting the hang of this. Just didn't want your post to go by unnoticed. I like it!!! :D :D :D
P.S. I heard Kachina is going to recreate the whole scene on the side of a boat. :D :D :D

Kilrtoy
06-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Now that's funny right there. You're getting the hang of this. Just didn't want your post to go by unnoticed. I like it!!! :D :D :D
P.S. I heard Kachina is going to recreate the whole scene on the side of a boat. :D :D :D
and that is even funnier

BajaMike
06-14-2006, 10:04 PM
Well...I just got off the phone with Brett...he seemed cool...He stated that they did have problems with the accounting person and they are working through that.
The "problems with the accounting person" story is getting real old. The owners/managers are supposed to be "managing" the "accounting persons"....
:cry:
Total BS....I guess Magic is off the list on my new boat!
:yuk:

Tom Brown
06-14-2006, 10:05 PM
What if they met their contractual obligations and we didn't know it?
What if you had tits and a vagina? Would you leave the house?

BajaMike
06-14-2006, 10:07 PM
No Talent...I would copy and paste this thread.....I have a hunch it's not long for this forum.... :idea:
:cool:

Froggystyle
06-15-2006, 07:58 AM
I think that what you are doing is great for our industry, but.....
I do have a couple of issues regarding what you have said.
The response would have been the same if Brandon would have been the same if he would have called me 30 days ago. I have to believe you would say "he shouldn't have to." I agree and he did have to call. I would have tried to handle it the same way whether it was 5 days or 45 days old. Brandon can tell you he called me around 8:00 and it was handle a short time after that.
The other thing that I think that you are greatly mistaken on is, step out from behind the computer and come to Havasu this weekend and let's see how many people we have/haven't gone to the mat for. Let's see how many people truly "rally."
I have to say that as far as customers go we have the best!
Again, thanks to everone for the insight. Brandon, sorry and you are welcome at the Regatta and hope that Magic and you are straight.
Wes, keep up what you are doing and hope to see you this weekend!
Thanks everyone,
Brett
Brett,
Good of you to take care of this. And thanks for the good words. That being said...
You obviously have the ability to resolve this problem immediately, just as Ron had the ability to help out a boater that had just gotten a drive broken. What I see as a problem is that unless you talk to Ron or Brett, you may be out your money for 45 days or waiting a week with your new boat for a drive repair.
Somewhere in the middle is a guy who doesn't care how their actions reflect on your reputation. Anyone who would tell a new owner, sitting in the channel with a broken outdrive to wait a week shouldn't be allowed to answer a phone in my opinion.
I have only been to Havasu a few times, and each time I am envious of how many Magic's there are on the water. You obviously are doing something very right, and the proof is in the happy customers. Everyone has ups and downs though, and it just seems that Magic has had some downs that became vocal.
Two specific incidences that pop to mine are Jeff (NashvilleBound) and Chris (CJohnson). Both were examples of things that would keep me from being a customer. It sounds like you are a very, very stand-up guy that I would like to buy a beer for, but whoever splashed Chris' boat and whoever rigged Jeff's should be doing the seabag-drag down Industrial Avenue if you ask me.
Bottom line is this. You stepped up. I am glad for NT's sake that you did, but I think you have a lot of work ahead of you with the people that are in place currently. You guys build a great looking boat though, and it is good to see that people are making it big in this industry.
Soapbox session over...

SoCalSouthpaw
06-15-2006, 08:35 AM
I have owned a Magic and have only good things to say. Case in point...two years ago in the April Poker Run I broke down just south of Copper Canyon. Who pulls me back to the Nautical Inn where mechanics are waiting? Ron in his 44 cat. I was fixed by Clu (Magic's mechanic) and back on the water in an hour. From my experience...they bend over backwords for you. That is my experience and my .02.
Ive heard some positives and neg's surrounding MAgic. One a good note (because I havent witnessed any negative, other than being on this board and the experience my brother in law has had - in the beginning of his relationship with Magic), we were out in the middle of the lake pretty much stranded (28ft deck), with carb issues. Brother in law phoned the Magic shop and in less than an hour Clu was on board, sweatin his ass off in the heat wrenchin on the motor, carb or whatever the problem was. In the end, he had us running in no time. Just my .02.

riverracerx
06-15-2006, 08:40 AM
I don't know what to think of this whole thread. It certainly makes you believe this truly is "Drama Boat".
I really don't think I have seen any boat manufacturer NOT get bagged on in this forum. Everyone has problems at some point. I think Magic got thrown under the bus on this one. As do most manufacturers when it comes to internet complaining.
Oh, and I did see a DCB get towed this weekend. ;)

Jordy
06-15-2006, 08:43 AM
I really don't think I have seen any boat manufacturer NOT get bagged on in this forum.
Skater (except by the DCB crew because it's in their sacred oath to be Skater Haters), Cig, Outerlimits, Nor-tech... seeing a pattern here???? :D :D :D
Oh, and Kachina should be in that list. :D

caroftheweek
06-15-2006, 08:51 AM
We have owned 2 eliminators and our current Magic. we purchased the Magic in November of 2003. believe it or not, our service after the sale was better than the sale itself-- kind of a switch. whenever we had a problem, Clu was always there for us. That guy deserves to make as much money as he wants. i believe that he is the golden egg in Magic's nest. he has bent over backwards for us like no other employee, boat or any other, that i have dealt with.
i recently brought my boat to the Magic facility in Corona and recieved great treatment from them also. i would not hesitate to purchase another Magic at all. Infact, i almost would not want to purchase another company's boat due to the fact that i would lose the unbelievable service from Magic.
how is that for a positive story?
fact of the matter is, they have a ton of boats out there. the more that are out there, the more problems we are going to hear about. i would be willing to bet that magic pumps out more decks in a month than Howard does in a year. there is nothing wrong with that (Howard makes a beautiful boat) but that is the point. more boats, more issues, more jumping to conclusions...
Ryan

NOTALENT
06-15-2006, 08:52 AM
I don't know what to think of this whole thread. It certainly makes you believe this truly is "Drama Boat".
I really don't think I have seen any boat manufacturer NOT get bagged on in this forum. Everyone has problems at some point. I think Magic got thrown under the bus on this one. As do most manufacturers when it comes to internet complaining.
Oh, and I did see a DCB get towed this weekend. ;)
***boat is suppost to be forum to come and research boats and boating manfacuters right?? As for being thrown under the bus, I dont think so...It should not take so long to get a check. Brett took care of it and was a stand up guy though and he made good. Which I really appreciate.

phebus
06-15-2006, 08:56 AM
Hey NOTALENT, now that you got your check, could you loan Squirtin Thunder some money, so we can put an end to the latest drama storm? :rollside:

NOTALENT
06-15-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey NOTALENT, now that you got your check, could you loan Squirtin Thunder some money, so we can put an end to the latest drama storm? :rollside:
I wish I could... :rolleyes: but I paid of my truck yesterday...and the rest is going torwards my down payment for my house.... :crossx: Im sure he can go on welfare....they seem to help everyone... :p

MR HARLEY
06-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Oh, and I did see a DCB get towed this weekend
Had to throw that in did'nt you :p
Skater (except by the DCB crew because it's in their sacred oath to be Skater Haters
Im not a Skater Hater :)

KACHINA KEN
06-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Brett took care of it and was a stand up guy though and he made good. Which I really appreciate.
Told ya, good egg.

OutCole'd
06-15-2006, 09:24 AM
Magic has always taken great care of me, and I would buy another in a second. They helped me out the day I took delivery my boat, no fault of theirs, all fault lays on me, they took care of an expensive repair, NO CHARGE, ( i would rather no go into the situation due to embarassment. :D )
Sorry to hear about Notalent's deal, I do felt he was wronged, and I'm glad to hear it has been taken care of/ And like it has been said, had this been brought some to upper managements attention earlier, I do not feel it would have gotten to this point.
I had a great time at the Reggata, these last four weeekends and wish I could be there for this weekends also.

Essex29
06-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Hey, I remember that story... :220v:
Magic has always taken great care of me, and I would buy another in a second. They helped me out the day I took delivery my boat, no fault of theirs, all fault lays on me, they took care of an expensive repair, NO CHARGE, ( i would rather no go into the situation due to embarassment. :D )
Sorry to hear about Notalent's deal, I do felt he was wronged, and I'm glad to hear it has been taken care of/ And like it has been said, had this been brought some to upper managements attention earlier, I do not feel it would have gotten to this point.
I had a great time at the Reggata, these last four weeekends and wish I could be there for this weekends also.

OutCole'd
06-15-2006, 09:27 AM
Hey, I remember that story... :220v:
Shhhhhhh :cry: :cry:

phebus
06-15-2006, 09:32 AM
:D :D :D

Kilrtoy
06-15-2006, 09:54 AM
whoever rigged Jeff's should be doing the seabag-drag down Industrial Avenue if you ask me.
That is some funny shit right there
NOW THIS CLUE guy, I have heard nothing but the best about this guy, I heard he really goes above and beyond what any other Magic employee does and I have heard this from several people, I think he should apply at DCB

phebus
06-15-2006, 09:56 AM
whoever rigged Jeff's should be doing the seabag-drag down Industrial Avenue if you ask me.
That is some funny shit right there
NOW THIS CLUE guy, I have heard nothing but the best about this guy, I heard he really goes above and beyond what any other Magic employee does and I have heard this from several people, I think he should apply at DCB
That would be a hell of a commute, but I guess you would know :rollside:

riverracerx
06-15-2006, 10:00 AM
As for being thrown under the bus, I dont think so...It should not take so long to get a check. Brett took care of it and was a stand up guy though and he made good. Which I really appreciate.
NoTalent, by no means did I mean that you threw Magic under the bus. You had a problem and aired it out here. Understandable. Just seems like everyone jumps on the band wagon and fuels the fire just to see what happens.
I don't even own a Magic and they have gone out of their way to help me, a Nordic owner. And they have always complimented me on my Nordic and how nice of a boat it is.
In fact I heard Ron saying how beautiful the new 42' Nordic turned out and that he was really impressed when he saw it.

Wet Dream
06-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Its called a negative cashflow
I just threw that out there. I'm sure they are financially stable and cashflow is not the case at all, but the runaround like this is indicative of a company that is deep in that territory. Although finances are not the case with Magic, its just a case of poor customer service and not letting the left hand know what the right hand should be or could be doing. Its amazing how fast a bad publicity post can gain so much attention so fast.

Magic34
06-15-2006, 11:51 AM
In fact I heard Ron saying how beautiful the new 42' Nordic turned out and that he was really impressed when he saw it.
Speaking of that... Did you see the new Nordic ad in Powerboat? They have the cat pictured and the only description of any boat is the new 42' Inferno. The ad makes it look like the cat is the 42.

riverracerx
06-15-2006, 12:58 PM
Powerboat has a magazine?

riverroyal
06-15-2006, 04:41 PM
It appears that Clue and Brett are the "goodwill ambassadors" in the Magic organization. For that I applaud you HOWEVER they are but parts of the whole company. By the above mentioned example, it also appears that Ron has stepped up to the plate at least one time. How many times has Ron told customers to go "f*ck themselves"? Thrown them out of the dealership, denied them warranty work, called them names, etc?
How many complaints have we heard about whereas Bob Leach, Wes, Dave H., John West, Reggie, have behaved in that manner? Can't remember? Neither can I but they may have. The DIFFERENCE is they took care of business instead of letting it get to the point where someone felt that they had to exert public pressure or negative publicity to force an action.
I would not recommend Sleek/Magic to anyone soley on the behavior of the owner. Who can say which customer Ron will take a liking to and which customer he'll treat like sh*t. IT COULD BE YOU!
Brett and Clue- good luck, you'll need it trying to overcome the bad feelings that 'the boss' has generated.
Rio
was having a bad day,you know its hot out,could get to ya :cool: