PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben

Sandbar Junkies
06-12-2006, 06:53 PM
Big Ben crashed his bike, broken jaw, nose , lost some teeth. They make these things called Helmets, he probally should of bought one.

al cole'holic
06-12-2006, 07:05 PM
...some people walk outside and get hit by a bus, shit happens... :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
06-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I think they already said there was nothing in his contract about that.
I'm sure it will be revealed that the terms of his contract specifically prohibit him from riding a motorcycle.

GHT
06-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Big Ben crashed his bike, broken jaw, nose , lost some teeth. They make these things called Helmets, he probally should of bought one.
Probably couldn't afford one..
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

tcook33
06-12-2006, 07:09 PM
Nope. Nothing in his contract that prohibits it....
He IS an idiot for not wearing a helmet though....at least wear one of those 1/2 azz brain buckets... :p

al cole'holic
06-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Nope. Nothing in his contract that prohibits it....
He IS an idiot for not wearing a helmet though....at least wear one of those 1/2 azz brain buckets... :p
...you might as well be wearing nothing at all. That's the way I look at it everytime I strap on a $12 shiny piece of plastic.

MagicMtnDan
06-12-2006, 10:12 PM
This sucks.
For Ben, his family, the team, and for all the fans.
I hope he's back to 100% as soon as humanly possible (I hope he can
recover completely and live a complete life free of physical
handicaps).
That said, I must add this: Ben riding a motorcycle is a very dumb
and selfish thing for him to do. His team (players, coaches, staff,
management, and ownership) depends on him to be ready to play every
year. Riding a motorcylce is selfish and dumb. Riding one without
a helmet is just plain stupid. Riding a Suzuki Hyabusa, the most
powerful stock sportbike motorcyle (to my knowledge there are none
more powerful) is not something a 6'5" Super Bowl winning QB should
ever be doing (until he retires).
He has put his life and career in jeopardy but it goes beyond his
life. It affects a lot of people and their families and I'm
personally pissed his terrible judgement has resulted in this
accident.
I only hope that he and The Bus didn't play their last games together
when they won Super Bowl XL.

Kilrtoy
06-12-2006, 10:14 PM
Who the hell is big ben

RitcheyRch
06-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Didnt know that was in his contract. Should get interesting in the next few weeks.
You're right, there was no specific language about him riding a motorcycle. There was, however, language that prohibits him from engaging in activities that put him at "a significant risk of personal injury."
Should he not be able to participate in football again this season, or in his career, it would be up to an arbitrator to decide if he did so.

deltarat
06-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Who the hell is big ben
I think it is a clock in London.

NOTALENT
06-13-2006, 06:34 AM
This sucks.
For Ben, his family, the team, and for all the fans.
I hope he's back to 100% as soon as humanly possible (I hope he can
recover completely and live a complete life free of physical
handicaps).
and selfish thing for him to do. His team (players, coaches, staff,
management, and ownership) depends on him to be ready to play every
year. Riding a motorcylce is selfish and dumb. Riding one without
a helmet is just plain stupid. Riding a Suzuki Hyabusa, the most
He has put his life and career in jeopardy but it goes beyond his
life. It affects a lot of people and their families and I'm
personally pissed his terrible judgement has resulted in this
accident.
I only hope that he and The Bus didn't play their last games together
when they won Super Bowl XL.
Riding with a helmet is just plain stupid...but I wouldnt go as far as saying that him riding a motorcycle is dumb and selfish....its his life...he lives for himself.

OGShocker
06-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Who the hell is big ben
Some over paid POS who's father pushed him into sports, as a way of keeping him out of the LA street gangs. :D People fall down everyday, why this make the news is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Wet Dream
06-13-2006, 07:40 AM
and selfish thing for him to do. Riding a motorcylce is selfish and dumb. Riding one without a helmet is just plain stupid. Riding a Suzuki Hyabusa, the most
That comment makes you sound like a tool, but its your opinion. While Pennsylvania has recently changed the law to allow riders and passengers to not wear helmets, its still not a good idea. Not wearing a helmet is asking for trouble. I'm hoping you were smart enough to read the news reports, but he could have been riding a moped and sustained the exact same injury. The car turned, they collided. It didn't say anything about Ben doing 200 mph, or 55, or 15. Millions of miles are ridden every year by motorcycles, with most accidents involving cars that did not see a motorcycle. I'll let you pull up the stats on that.

MagicMtnDan
06-13-2006, 07:52 AM
That comment makes you sound like a tool, but its your opinion. While Pennsylvania has recently changed the law to allow riders and passengers to not wear helmets, its still not a good idea. Not wearing a helmet is asking for trouble. I'm hoping you were smart enough to read the news reports, but he could have been riding a moped and sustained the exact same injury. The car turned, they collided. It didn't say anything about Ben doing 200 mph, or 55, or 15. Millions of miles are ridden every year by motorcycles, with most accidents involving cars that did not see a motorcycle. I'll let you pull up the stats on that.
Llike a "tool." Yeah, whatever.
Millions of mile are ridden, blah, blah, blah. You can post stats or pictures or whatever you want...
I could care less about 1 mile or millions of miles. My comments weren't an indictment about motorcycle riding at all. I was criticizing the NFL Super Bowl winning QB who was riding a Hayabusa in the city without a helmet. He had over a hundred people and their families counting on him to be ready to play football. That's who he is and what he does. If he doesn't do that then we don't even have this conversation because then he's just another guy who rode helmetless and smashed his face and head into a car windshield. :yuk:

SB
06-13-2006, 12:48 PM
In the old days, players contracts had clauses forbidding them to ride motorcycles, jump out of planes, etc. So he likes to ride, is riding worth $30 million bucks? (The amount is might cost him, not to mention his life) I love bikes, but I don't ride them in traffic while I have dependents. If he'd been wearing a helmet (which he does while playing football) he wouldn't have broken his nose and jaw.

Ducatista
06-13-2006, 02:18 PM
AGATT...Big Ben needs to know it, live it, & learn it, IMO. :argue:
Sounds like he is going to be ok...he is one lucky man.

CA Stu
06-13-2006, 02:32 PM
At least he didn't hurt his throwing hand! :boxed:
Thanks
CA Stu
PS He'll be home in 3 days, just heard it on the radio.

Ziggy
06-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Not the brightest thing for him to be riding, let alone without his skid-lid. Accidents do happen and most often drivers of cars don't see them.(sans the head on I saw on Rice rd yesterday)......
It was also reported Cower has given Ben a rashing of Cower Jaw and Spit about riding a Motorcycle, period. Now this.
Hopefully, after recovering Ben has learned a valuable lesson.
Kinda ironic considering I recall a clause in (I think Stan Humphries) Chargers QB contract specifically excluded him being able to go surfing.