PDA

View Full Version : What does a Rattlesnake and new hinged trailer have in common?

2Driver
06-13-2006, 08:14 AM
Both are in the driveway this morning :rollside: Friggin' Diamondbacks! :crossx:
I was taking my 5 year old to school and discovered this guy by the boat. Also check out the nice Fab work Randall's trailers did putting on my new hinged tongue.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347DCP_2048.JPG

Jordy
06-13-2006, 08:15 AM
This thread is crying out for Her454. :D :D :D

riverracerx
06-13-2006, 08:16 AM
Maybe he is on his way to school too?

chub
06-13-2006, 08:16 AM
The only good snake is a dead snake!

2Driver
06-13-2006, 08:22 AM
Then he's a very very very good snake :D

MrsSigEpMock
06-13-2006, 08:26 AM
Then he's a very very very good snake :D
so how'd ya do it, details.... shovel?

2Driver
06-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Very good! Shovel. I keep a flat shovel by the front gate just for that purpose. It gets used about 5 times a year.
I am totally paranoid my son is going to happen onto one. He got a good lesson today in seeing one and spotting them. Also got to see death and dying. Didn’t seem to faze him.

Thorsinc
06-13-2006, 08:33 AM
here kitty, kitty!!

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 08:37 AM
Thats the second encounter here on the boards in as many weeks, not a trend I hope :frown: We have been here now for 4 years and still not seen a snake, did I just break my luck!! NSF

MrsSigEpMock
06-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Very good! Shovel. I keep a flat shovel by the front gate just for that purpose. It gets used about 5 times a year.
I am totally paranoid my son is going to happen onto one. He got a good lesson today in seeing one and spotting them. Also got to see death and dying. Didn’t seem to faze him.
We are lucky not to have snakes (yet) here. I remember as a kid we had gophers in Riverside. My dad used to set the box type traps then go out with a shovel to check them. If there was a hit, he'd scoop it up and play gopher batting practice over the fence and into the field accross the street. The best was the " watch this kids"... flung it up with the shovel, hit it super hard and the frigin gopher didn't clear the chain-link and got lodged almost like a warning sign for all other varment to stay clear of our yard. The funny part was my dad grumbling over to pick out the pieces from the fence. :crossx:

Chubby4Life
06-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Thats the second encounter here on the boards in as many weeks, not a trend I hope :frown: We have been here now for 4 years and still not seen a snake, did I just break my luck!! NSF
I got 2 myself last week. While weed-eating, I came across a baby. I chased him under a plywood, lifted the board and HELLO! There was a 2 footer under there. It scared the crap out of me as I was expecting the runt not his older brother. Well, a couple of pellets later, they're on display for the other ratlers!

2Driver
06-13-2006, 08:56 AM
We lived in Havasu for 5 years, 85-90, and only saw one. He was crossing the road where Jamaica Blvd starts down by the highway. The guy on the corner hill house there came out and shot him with a shot gun, bcak then you could get away with that. Shovel is still safer.

Not So Fast
06-13-2006, 09:24 AM
We lived in Havasu for 5 years, 85-90, and only saw one. He was crossing the road where Jamaica Blvd starts down by the highway. The guy on the corner hill house there came out and shot him with a shot gun, bcak then you could get away with that. Shovel is still safer.
Holy Crap, a shotgun on Jamaica & 95 :rolleyes: NSF

Outnumbered
06-13-2006, 10:50 AM
So how filthy was your boat after sitting there for several weeks?

2Driver
06-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Believe it or not nearly spotless. They took it inside over the holidays and on weekends. Even put the top cover back on when the moved the boat to a temp trailer. So it was double covered. It fits in the garage now with 1/2" to spare!
Just got it back Monday from Outdrive Exchange for an annual. Nice guys, thanks for lead.

INSman
06-13-2006, 12:26 PM
The shovel works fine, but how fun would it be to have a couple of Mongoose around and watch them go to work on it ??!!?? :)

Extreme Marine Az
06-13-2006, 01:09 PM
Believe it or not nearly spotless. They took it inside over the holidays and on weekends. Even put the top cover back on when the moved the boat to a temp trailer. So it was double covered. It fits in the garage now with 1/2" to spare!
Just got it back Monday from Outdrive Exchange for an annual. Nice guys, thanks for lead.
look REAL hard @ the paint job were they did the mods, Ill never go there again

Outnumbered
06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Good to hear that. So, how is Homer doing :D

Outnumbered
06-13-2006, 01:12 PM
look REAL hard @ the paint job were they did the mods, Ill never go there again
Who are you bashing? Two companies are in your quote. Maybe you can elaborate a little since you are slinging some mud?

YeLLowBoaT
06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
With out snakes you would be over run with rodents. There are going to be ALOT more snakes this year do to the wet weather we had. More growth = more rodents=more rodents= more snakes.

FOUNTAINATLAST
06-16-2006, 06:58 AM
Who are you bashing? Two companies are in your quote. Maybe you can elaborate a little since you are slinging some mud?
Hopefully not us, we don't do any paint work... :cool:

Outnumbered
06-16-2006, 07:28 AM
Hopefully not us, we don't do any paint work... :cool:
I kind of figured that but thought it was a little uncool to bash and run. Details to support the bashing would be nice :D

Dribble
06-16-2006, 09:08 AM
I live near an area called Rattlesnake Bar. We have alot of rattlers around here. We don't have very many rodents. I don't kill them unless I have to.

HM
06-16-2006, 09:12 AM
I kind of figured that but thought it was a little uncool to bash and run. Details to support the bashing would be nice :D
Dude, this is ***boat. What do details and facts have to do with bashing? :D

Her454
06-16-2006, 09:14 AM
I live near an area called Rattlesnake Bar. We have alot of rattlers around here. We don't have very many rodents. I don't kill them unless I have to.
Used to launch there all the time, I love that area.
OK, stupid question maybe, and I didnt read through this entire nasty snake thread but since I've got them all over my place too this year........
Is there ANYTHING you can do to keep these MF'rs away from the patio's, fenced yard etc.....?

Outnumbered
06-16-2006, 09:21 AM
Dude, this is ***boat. What do details and facts have to do with bashing? :D
What was I thinking :confused: :D