PDA

View Full Version : Magic boats

fasbote
04-18-2002, 12:07 PM
What a great weekend at Havasu! I dragged the boat out of storage, blew off the dust, charged up the battery and that old dependable 502 started first time! I spent two days running up and down the river turning unleaded gasoline into loud noise and loved every minute of it! Monday was to windy and rough to boat so to kill time I found myself on a tour of the Magic boats facility in Havasu. As most boaters I have that foot disease. I spend every idle moment trying to figure out how to make my 22 Daytona 3 feet longer and my 502 a 509. Anyway I was impressed with the looks and the pricing of the 28 Magic. Has anyone ridden in one? The salesman says it will go approximately 82-85 with with a 500HP and a whipple charger. Seems kinda fast for that big of a boat and only one engine!

B-rad502
04-18-2002, 12:28 PM
That boat will probably go faster than that with a Whipple on it. I remeber at the boat show it was about $1,000 per expected mph. They told me the boat would do 85mph with a stock 500EFI (not supercharged).

roln 20s
04-18-2002, 12:41 PM
fasbote-
I agree that the magic cat is a very nice boat, and yes, B-rad is correct- it should go faster. According to the ***boat article in jan 2002, the boat ran 98.9 mph on radar with an 800 hp whipple engine. According to whipple, a 500 HP EFI with a whipplecharger will produce around 725hp and an equal amount of torque. I think that would be a great package- should run over 90 mph no problem. Gook luck!
Roln 20s

pleasantcat
04-21-2002, 08:07 AM
fastbone, i had the pleasure of meeting up with jack lyle from magic and drove the blue flame 28cat.i was impresed with the ride , speed and handling. unfortunatly the payments were a lil' bit big & long for me.in the long run i did good (25 daytona with 660hp http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif ) i'ld say with the pro charger it will run that fast. without it will go high 70's to maybe 80-81.

Skaterfast
04-25-2002, 07:57 AM
I think that cat is the best looking one out there.Profile being #2.Go get it and worry about speed later.Life is short and you can't take it with you.

DogHouse
04-25-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Skaterfast:
Go get it and worry about speed later.Life is short and you can't take it with you.
I keep trying to convince my wife of that very point but she's not buyin' my story!
-brian http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

Oasis
04-26-2002, 04:01 PM
FASBOTE-
I RODE IN THE RED AND GREY CAT THAT WAS IN JANUARY'S ISSUE-
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BOAT, I WAS SHOPPING FOR THE LATEST AND MOST APPEALING CAT,VISUALY I WAS SOLD ON IT, BUT NEEDED TO FEEL IT ON THE WATER, VERY IMPRESSIVE! SO AFTER THE RIDE I ORDERED MY VERSION, 500EFI, WHICH DOES CARRY IT TO LOW 80'S.

NO4NBRI
04-28-2002, 08:59 AM
Oasis:
I also test drove the same boat you did. I am pretty sure that I also want to order their cat with the HP500. Would you mind telling me about what ou paid, and who you dealt with? I would like to have a ball park fogure before I go in there. My e-mail address is Brian.Dodo@verizone.com.
Thanks

Oasis
04-30-2002, 10:31 AM
NO4NBRI-
SENT YOU AN EMAIL BUT POSTMASTER SENT ME
MSG OF DELAYED DELIVERY, HOW EFFICIENT TECHNOLOGY HAS BECOME, OHWELL! MY EMAIL IS
tandmmck@msn.com ANY ONE GOING TO POWELL FOR MEMORIAL?

NO4NBRI
04-30-2002, 11:29 AM
Oasis
Try e-mailing me @BMeaney@amgen.com