PDA

View Full Version : Another quick vinyl question...

One Particular Harbor
06-14-2006, 08:31 PM
We put the tow tube for the kids into a large plastic dry cleaning bag (for ease of handling) and then stored it on one of the front seats in the open bow (in our storage locker). Unfortunately, we didn't notice that there was some purple-ish lettering on the bag and some of it transferred to the vinyl on the seat.
I've tried every vinyl cleaner I can think of and have magic erased the seating surface several times. The lettering just doesn't want to come off. Does anyone know of a cleaner that will take this off (safely)?
Thanks,
OPH

phebus
06-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Try white gas (Coleman lantern fuel). It works good, and won't hurt the vinyl, it's what a lot of upholstery shops use.
It that doesn't work, don't give up hope, I've had stains that didn't come out completely, and after a few days in the sun, they were gone.
Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be.

lakewake
06-14-2006, 09:04 PM
Try white gas (Coleman lantern fuel). It works good, and won't hurt the vinyl, it's what a lot of upholstery shops use.
It that doesn't work, don't give up hope, I've had stains that didn't come out completely, and after a few days in the sun, they were gone.
Good luck, I know how frustrating it can be.
White gas is usually the best for polymer transfer. Also Acetone. Be carefull not to get it on anything nylon like carpet. Both available at Walmart. White gas in camping,Acetone in paint. Good luck.