PDA

View Full Version : Prescott Valley Development....

NOTALENT
06-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Has anyone seen, looked into or heard of this new community there doing???
www.pronghornranch.com
Pronghorn Ranch Community
A 640 Acre master planned community developed by Brown Family Communities.
It is located in the wide-open surroundings of Prescott Valley with views of Mingus Moutains, the Bradshaws and even San Francisco Peaks from some lots.
Amenities include a $2 million clubhouse with putting green, outdoor swimming pool and spa, tennis and basketball courts, exercise room, and an entertainment area with a full kitchen.
The development also provides expansive open space with a trail system and family size parks with a rich array of amenities at still surprisingly affordable prices. Their unique country style homes range from 1,240 sq ft to over 2,800 sq ft and lot sizes from 1/4 to 1/2 acres on our single family homes.
There are an estimated 1440 homes that will be built at completion of the community.
Homes range in size between 1457SF-2860SF and priced between $216,990 and $338,990 as of 12/1/05.
Call Lou Vetter for availability, floor plans and pricing at 800-226-9796
Features
Lot Features
Fence (Block)
Road Type (Paved)
Sewer Utilities (City)
View (Depends On Specific Lot)
Building Features
Cable TV (Available)
Cooling System (A/C)
Fire Alarm (Smoke Detectors Per Code)
Gross Living Area Sq Ft (1457)
Heating System (Gas)
Roof (Asphalt Shingle)
Exterior Features
Exterior Construction (Frame/Stucco or Siding)
Parking (2 Car)
Community Info
Clubhouse (1 Existing 1 to be built 2006-2007)
Gym (Exercise Room)
Home Owner Association ($65 Per Qtr)
Playground (Multiple Parks)
Pool (1 Existing 2 to be added 2006-2007)
Spa (1 Existing 1 to be added 2006-2007)
Tennis (Outdoor Lighted Courts and Basketball Courts

Jordy
06-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Prescott is a fockin' nightmare anymore. It's gotten SO big, traffic sucks, the I-17 between Phoenix and Cordes Junction is always packed. No thanks.
Oh, and that's in Prescott Valley which is between Cordes Junction and Prescott. Surrounded by lots of mountains, but mainly high desert, not lots of pine trees, more scrub juniper and the like. It's hot in the summer and very cold in the winter.

NOTALENT
06-15-2006, 07:54 AM
Thats what im looking for... :rollside: Looking around for my first house..my parents bougt another house there....made a nice amount of money the last year with it...and its been a solid rental.
This community looks pretty nice. They have a few like that here in HB. Great sellers.

cdog
06-15-2006, 08:39 AM
Are you paying attention to whats going on around you? If you want to buy somthing to make money on wait a while and get into the san diego condo market in a 6-12 months. They are way over built. "Listen young grasshopper, to those who have walked the path before you." (in my best old asian guy voice). :) Also, stay away from any area that has no industy/jobs and never buy a rental with a negitive cash flow. CAP RATE! 10% Good Luck!!!!!
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0609secondhomes0609.html
http://www.kfmb.com/features/consumer_alert/story.php?id=51967

Outnumbered
06-15-2006, 08:50 AM
I would not look there for investment. Too far away from the real job core in the state. There is plenty to be had in the valley in that price range. Money Mag is predicting a 19% decline in property values in AZ over the next 5-7 years. I don't know if I buy into their prediction but I do know that you are not going to see the appreciation over the next few years that your parents and others have seen. AZ was one of the top appreciating markets in the nation over the past few years. But its pretty flat now.
Just like cdog said, do not buy a rental unless you can make it flow. Otherwise you will have to hang onto it for about 10 years to make any decent amount of return. Buy yourself a house or condo to live in that is in an area where you can find a job. The tax benefits and long term appreciation will pay off eventually. Timing just sucks for investors right now. Its about the worst time to buy a house for a short-term investment. Good luck and get a good agent.

NOTALENT
06-15-2006, 08:57 AM
Are you paying attention to whats going on around you? If you want to buy somthing to make money on wait a while and get into the san diego condo market in a 6-12 months. They are way over built. "Listen young grasshopper, to those who have walked the path before you." (in my best old asian guy voice). :) Also, stay away from any area that has no industy/jobs and never buy a rental with a negitive cash flow. CAP RATE! 10% Good Luck!!!!!
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/0609secondhomes0609.html
http://www.kfmb.com/features/consumer_alert/story.php?id=51967
haha...Im just browsing...kinda anxious, but It will probably be around 8 months before I buy. I will have to check into SD area. Have not yet.

2Driver
06-15-2006, 09:01 AM
IMoney Mag is predicting a 19% decline in property values in AZ over the next 5-7 years.
JOhn, Do you know what issue that was?
Prescott, yet another cool AZ town stampeded into the ground. Of course that depends on your perspective.

Jordy
06-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Prescott, yet another cool AZ town stampeded into the ground.
Exactly. Used to be a fun place to go, now you can have it. I remember when you actually left Prescott Valley and drove for a while before you came over the hill and down into Prescott. Not anymore. It's all one big mess of traffic. I haven't been up there for a year or so, but it was sad last time I was there.

cdog
06-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Here ya go. Just reduced 50k. Wonder why? Seriously. I can see 10-15 acres for that price but geeze, things are out of wack!
http://tours.tourfactory.com/tours/tour.asp?t=279177

Outnumbered
06-15-2006, 09:13 AM
JOhn, Do you know what issue that was?
Prescott, yet another cool AZ town stampeded into the ground. Of course that depends on your perspective.
June 2006

caroftheweek
06-15-2006, 09:16 AM
I really like Prescott. i have visited 2 times in the last 1.5 years. i think i would really like to live there. but like you said, there is really no industry there. my wife is an elementary teacher so she can work just about everywhere. for me it is a different story.
the first time we went the home prices were managable. we returned about 11 months later and they had raised about $100k. crazy.
as we were leaving, we stopped at a little place on whiskey row for breakfast. we started talking to the couples next to us (on each side). they were both from south OC. they were doing the same thing we were doing, looking for a place to raise kids that was not in CA. that made me think twice about the the move.
Ryan

SOMEBEACH
06-15-2006, 09:57 AM
Pronghorn Ranch is about a mile from my house. Beautiful community. Prescott Valley is growing fast, but still has the small town feel. Great place to live and raise a family. It is slowly becoming a suburb of SoCal, but hell I'm originally from Riverside, so it's starting to feel like home again !!! :cool:

Outnumbered
06-15-2006, 10:01 AM
Pronghorn Ranch is about a mile from my house. Beautiful community. Prescott Valley is growing fast, but still has the small town feel. Great place to live and raise a family. It is slowly becoming a suburb of SoCal, but hell I'm originally from Riverside, so it's starting to feel like home again !!! :cool:
What kind of work are you in?

SOMEBEACH
06-15-2006, 10:04 AM
What kind of work are you in?
Firefighter for the city of Prescott.

AZKC
06-15-2006, 10:04 AM
Arizona is closed try Nevada :skull:

RitcheyRch
06-15-2006, 10:38 AM
My girlfriends daughter, her husband and son live in Prescott Valley. We have visited a few times and the area is nice. Not sure if I could live there being no aerospace companies to work for. The husband has family in Chino Valley. He retired from the Ventura County area and now works at the hardware store in Prescott Valley. Sure seems like a nice place to raise a family but unless you own a service industry there not much else there.

Outnumbered
06-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Firefighter for the city of Prescott.
That is great. One of the great things about that job is that you can live in some of the smaller towns and make a good living. When I lived in Arrowhead in SoCal I had a few buds that worked for the FD. That economy is similar to Prescott but a little more resort oriented. I eventually moved out of the area for various reasons but one was the limited income potential of the smaller town.

SOMEBEACH
06-15-2006, 11:02 AM
My girlfriends daughter, her husband and son live in Prescott Valley. We have visited a few times and the area is nice. Not sure if I could live there being no aerospace companies to work for. The husband has family in Chino Valley. He retired from the Ventura County area and now works at the hardware store in Prescott Valley. Sure seems like a nice place to raise a family but unless you own a service industry there not much else there.
Last I heard Lockheed/Martin was building here.

RitcheyRch
06-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Interesting. Will have to ask since I work for Lockheed in Palmdale.
Last I heard Lockheed/Martin was building here.

SOMEBEACH
06-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Interesting. Will have to ask since I work for Lockheed in Palmdale.
Let me know what you find out !

RitcheyRch
06-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Will do. So far, nothing listed on company newsletter or intranet.
Let me know what you find out !

Prop Rod
06-15-2006, 08:07 PM
i agree with the whole small town feel. We recently (April 2006) moved to Dewey, which is just under prescott valley. Prior to that we lived in Ventura County since i was born (27 years). We have been here for all the snow and cold weather they had this year and so far the summer days have been great. Not for one second do we ever miss driving the so cal traffic. we can leave the house at 8:00 in the morning and still make it the parker in 3.5 hours. In cali i would leave at 4 in the morn and still hit traffic! :mad:
But yes i do agree that certian job markets are lacking, because i speak with a lot of people everyday i hear more and more of residents actually driving to and from the valley (phoenix) everyday! WOW!
Good luck looking and hope you like the area!!

RitcheyRch
06-16-2006, 06:10 AM
Sure seems a lot of So. Cal people are moving to different areas of AZ.