PDA

View Full Version : Anbody know of good stereo shops...

me4drvr
06-15-2006, 11:25 AM
In the Havasu, BHC area other than car toyz?? They installed my stereo, didn't like the way it sounded, and am asking them to change up the subs, but have been getting the run-around for 3 weeks. You'd think a 4k stereo would get some better service?? Ans I am not asking for any freebies from them!! WTF!!! I just want to get the mods done and be happy :rollside:

Todd969
06-15-2006, 11:31 AM
In the Havasu, BHC area other than car toyz?? They installed my stereo, didn't like the way it sounded, and am asking them to change up the subs, but have been getting the run-around for 3 weeks. You'd think a 4k stereo would get some better service?? Ans I am not asking for any freebies from them!! WTF!!!
Doesn't sound like Frank to me.

UncleLarry
06-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Try Brian @ Havasu Customs...
Does painting, installs stereo's , etc. . All around good guy...
928 855-0080
Tell him "Uncle Larry" said to call

me4drvr
06-15-2006, 11:34 AM
That's why I went there in the first place, I had many recommendations on his shop and mainly him.... is he the owner there? Just gettting a run-around from Danny and it's getting way old!

socalmofo
06-15-2006, 11:41 AM
Any recommendations for the Bullhead City Area?

Todd969
06-15-2006, 12:01 PM
You can try Anthony. I'm going by there in about an hour. I'll tell Frank to check the boards.

riverbound
06-15-2006, 12:03 PM
As far as having it done out there....they are the only one I have heard does decent work. and from everythign I have ever seen Frank really takes care of his customers.

phebus
06-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Sorry you have had problems with Car Toys. I would talk with Frank and try to resolve your issues. I have used Car Toys on several occasions, and have referred a lot of friends there, and everyone is more than satisfied. Frank is fantastic, and goes out of his way to please his customers.
I'm sure with the proper comunication to the right person (Frank), you will be satisfied with your stereo, and your choice of shops.

me4drvr
06-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I am hoping that's the case, because I have been dealing with Danny this whole time, but kinda got the gaff off from Frank today. I just want to swap my subs out and they keep blaming it on the Kicker rep. I can only see what happens from here. I'll give Frank the benfit of the doubt, maybe he's just not getting the news from his subordinates?? I hope... :argue:

phebus
06-15-2006, 12:13 PM
I have talked with Frank several times and consider him a friend. His philosiphy is that customer service ( and a great install) is what makes a good stereo shop. Any shop can install a stereo, but a good shop offers a great install, along with great customer service.
Give him the benefit of a phone call or better yet, a face to face. Sometimes employee's can really put you in a hole, and I hope this is the case.

me4drvr
06-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Me too... face to face is difficult due me living in CA and the boat is in AZ, and when I get out there the family wants to get out of the house and right on the water.

Todd969
06-15-2006, 12:22 PM
I have talked with Frank several times and consider him a friend. His philosiphy is that customer service ( and a great install) is what makes a good stereo shop. Any shop can install a stereo, but a good shop offers a great install, along with great customer service.
Give him the benefit of a phone call or better yet, a face to face. Sometimes employee's can really put you in a hole, and I hope this is the case.
Exactly, they picked up my boat did the install and returned it. I thought I had a problem, but one call to Frank on a Saturday morning from the channel had me fixed ( user error ). They are stand ups, I bet he's trying to figure out your fix.

prosthogod
06-15-2006, 12:22 PM
Never deal with Danny, talk to Frank. He made things right with mine.

Mr. Naudio
06-15-2006, 12:54 PM
I am hoping that's the case, because I have been dealing with Danny this whole time, but kinda got the gaff off from Frank today. I just want to swap my subs out and they keep blaming it on the Kicker rep. I can only see what happens from here. I'll give Frank the benfit of the doubt, maybe he's just not getting the news from his subordinates?? I hope... :argue:
hey Scott hope your day gets better gonna assume its not going too good so far and me and my guys are just the whippin post today.anything we can do for a customer is our motto.
As i stated on the phone about 20 mins ago let me do some research and I will call you back.
K we just talked to Nick at the kicker wherehouse if we go with the dual 2ohm
L512s he can send those out we should see them by next fri.
Again we are not a kicker dealer so we dont have a rep.Also again we dont really sell the subs you wanted (had to be kicker 12L5s)If you would like when I get some, should be next fri I will give you a call and we will again as before get you in without making you wait for an app.You will also need another amp.Sorry for any misunderstandings.

phebus
06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Me4drvr, did you spec out this stereo system that Car Toys installed that you're not happy with? :D
Come clean brother :)

Ion
06-15-2006, 01:09 PM
I know a local guy (former installer, now rigger) who is very up on all aspects of car / boat audio. He has access to all equip., does great work and has no overhead, so prices are fair AND does what he says he'll do WHEN he says he'll do it. PM me if you want his contact info.
In the Havasu, BHC area other than car toyz?? They installed my stereo, didn't like the way it sounded, and am asking them to change up the subs, but have been getting the run-around for 3 weeks. You'd think a 4k stereo would get some better service?? Ans I am not asking for any freebies from them!! WTF!!! I just want to get the mods done and be happy :rollside:

me4drvr
06-15-2006, 01:16 PM
Ok, so senior Frank called me, and told me exactly what his post says. As far as spec the stereo, does big and loud count as a spec?? We tried 4 12" JL subs and they just didn't hit as hard as 2 of the Kickers in my buddies identical boat, so we're going to try 4 of them and box the 2 that we can.
My bad Frank.... I was just getting frustrated with the time frame it was taking and no contact from Danny. You know I'm ready to pay what it takes... already almost 4k deep, so what another grand and change :)
Keep me posted...

Phat Matt
06-15-2006, 02:06 PM
Ok, so senior Frank called me, and told me exactly what his post says. As far as spec the stereo, does big and loud count as a spec?? We tried 4 12" JL subs and they just didn't hit as hard as 2 of the Kickers in my buddies identical boat, so we're going to try 4 of them and box the 2 that we can.
My bad Frank.... I was just getting frustrated with the time frame it was taking and no contact from Danny. You know I'm ready to pay what it takes... already almost 4k deep, so what another grand and change :)
Keep me posted...
Most subs need a box to perform well. Some will run in an "Infinite Baffle" environment but don't hit as hard or sound as precise compared to a nice sealed or properly ported box. What JL subs are you running?

Mr. Naudio
06-15-2006, 02:32 PM
Most subs need a box to perform well. Some will run in an "Infinite Baffle" environment but don't hit as hard or sound as precise compared to a nice sealed or properly ported box. What JL subs are you running?
you are so right and you should know cause I did the original design for your box think Larry shaved alittle to get it to fit

Phat Matt
06-15-2006, 02:42 PM
you are so right and you should know cause I did the original design for your box think Larry shaved alittle to get it to fit
Yeah, it was too big before. The boat has been banging since last October though. :)

Mr. Naudio
06-15-2006, 03:14 PM
I hear it pounds like no other or read anyway have not seen the boat since
the build and wire process.
Ill see out there one of these times.

Phat Matt
06-15-2006, 03:28 PM
I hear it pounds like no other or read anyway have not seen the boat since
the build and wire process.
Ill see out there one of these times.
We will be out this weekend like most. You can guarantee I'll be in the channel late pumping out the tunes on Saturday night. Just follow the sound and then look for the fog machine and laser light. :D

Phat Matt
06-15-2006, 09:13 PM
We need to battle. :D :D
You need to come up to Havi some day. We can link them together to play at the same time and really own it. :D