PDA

View Full Version : Nextel and Parker

Biglue
06-15-2006, 11:51 AM
Does anyone else use Nextel and been tl Parker lately? As of late last season Nextel had NO reception out there. I was just wondering if that has changed at all.

HavasuSelect
06-15-2006, 11:59 AM
I haven't had reception out there with T-Mobile or Cingular either.

Jyruiz
06-15-2006, 12:07 PM
I was out there in May and there was no reception.

voodoomedman
06-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I had Nextel and it didn't really work from the 10 until Havasu. I just got Verizon and I think I lose signal for 5 minutes collectively from driveway to driveway. I got a tri-mode phone because of the whole Mohave wireless thing but even my brother's Razor had no problems last weekend. They were even able to use it when they ran out of gas on rice road.
<-----------very happy with switching to Verizon.

DD_Tahiti
06-15-2006, 12:16 PM
I have Cingular on both of my phones. One is a DingleBerry and the other a Sony Ericsson. I get great reception with the DingleBerry and not so good with the Sony. Alot of it has to do with your phone.

Hardly Satisfied
06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
no service from my nextel thur parker as of last weekend

riverbound
06-15-2006, 12:37 PM
You beaners and your prepaid nextels....get a real phone!!!! :D

Biglue
06-15-2006, 12:46 PM
You beaners and your prepaid nextels....get a real phone!!!! :D
Shut it you half a beaner........I mean half a Latin American. :crossx:
You Parker locals should look into getting some up to date essentials like more phone reception stations and maybe some electricity while you're at it. :crossx:
I know, I know....flame on. :220v: :)

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-15-2006, 12:53 PM
You Parker locals should look into getting some up to date essentials like more phone reception stations and maybe some electricity while you're at it. :crossx:
Dude, you arent supposed to have your cell with you at the river. Everything you need is on the river. If its not you dont need it. :rollside: :) :p

Biglue
06-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Dude, you arent supposed to have your cell with you at the river. Everything you need is on the river. If its not you dont need it. :rollside: :) :p
I know bro. Just that I will be meeting up with some folks there in a couple weekends and I was wondering if I was going to be SOL like I was last year on the cell phone front. How you been man. Havent seen you around much. Never made back over to new ISL huh?

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-15-2006, 01:07 PM
I know bro. Just that I will be meeting up with some folks there in a couple weekends and I was wondering if I was going to be SOL like I was last year on the cell phone front. How you been man. Havent seen you around much. Never made back over to new ISL huh?
I know, just givin you chit. been good, you going to Havasu this weekend? When ISL.net shut down I never reregestered.
FYI, I know Nextel dones not work at all in Parker and only in select spots in Havasu, However, Nextel does offer some kind of mode that will basically work like a two way walky talky, and has a six mile range. Call Nextel and ask them about that.

nextel4u
06-15-2006, 03:56 PM
We have a new dual band phone coming out in a few months. You will be able to switch back and fourth between Sprint PCS (CDMA) and Nextel (Iden).
I will check on any future site plans for the Parker Area and get back with you guys.
John

riverbound
06-15-2006, 03:58 PM
My Verizon wirelss card and my treo both work at my house with no problems.

Kilrtoy
06-15-2006, 04:00 PM
I cant beleive that NEXTEL /SPRINT even stays in business, their service SUCKS....
So far only my cingular works in Parker

Southwest47
06-15-2006, 04:51 PM
I have a work Nextel:mad: , and a personal Verizon phone. My Nextel said NO SERVICE almost the entire way to Havasu. My Verizon however, had full bars the entire trip except for a couple mile stretch through Parker. When I switched to Verizon about a month ago, the salesman (who also sells Nextel) said Nextels coverage is only going to get worse! Nextel SUCKS!!

JetBoatRich
06-15-2006, 05:45 PM
we were in Parker last month :cool: we took advantage of no nextel service to relax with no access to the work phone :rolleyes:

Mandelon
06-15-2006, 08:40 PM
My nextel used to get spotty service in town, but nowhere on the water.

CBadDad
06-15-2006, 08:50 PM
My nextel got some spotty service cruising the 95 crossing thru CRIT land, but I enjoyed no service in town and on the river.

voodoomedman
06-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Did I say yet that my new Verizon works everywhere and I love it. I used to love Nextel until Sprint bought them. I just got a bare bones LG phone (I just want to actually be able to make phone calls I don't need cameras and internet and a bunch of stupid crap) and it works everywhere. What I really love is that one bar means you still have service. Nextel you needed at least half your bars to get a somewhat decent call.