PDA

View Full Version : Who Owns A

SHOTKALLIN
06-16-2006, 06:00 PM
B&H Performance boats WATERROD? Who knows someone that owns or has owned. Tell me what you think about your boat. Would you buy a second one?
I met a guy today that bought a second one and swears by them.
I DON'T NEED YOUR RECOMENDATION FOR ANY OTHER BRAND. I know there are outstanding MFG's out there.
I would like to only hear good or negative comments from OWNERS or people who have DRIVEN them.

SHOTKALLIN
06-16-2006, 07:23 PM
WOW! So even that guy is a happy owner. I always wondered about that guy.

H20 Toie
06-16-2006, 07:29 PM
You should have been at Mojave two weeks ago there were a lot of Water Rod's there.

Ultracrazy
06-16-2006, 08:13 PM
You should have been at Mojave two weeks ago there were a lot of Water Rod's there.
What is a water rod???

dmontzsta
06-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I see them at Lake Perris all the time. They seem to move around the lake nicely for a big boat. The only complaint I have with them, is they tie them to the dock all day while giving test rides and they get in the way. I see them driving through Moreno Valley all the time too.

SHOTKALLIN
06-16-2006, 08:21 PM
I've seen them around town also. I saw a really nice 30'er.

bordsmnj
06-16-2006, 08:27 PM
don't they buy their graphics from ultra?nice boats.

sleekcraft137
06-16-2006, 08:43 PM
you mean this pic??
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h123/dannlisa916/rampmishap1-1.jpg

SHOTKALLIN
06-16-2006, 11:58 PM
YUP, That guy is happy with his WaterRod even after that mishap.

H20 Toie
06-17-2006, 12:23 AM
you mean this pic??
oh no

livin da dream
06-17-2006, 06:35 AM
Tough day. Is it me or does that trailer and bunks look like some major repair is in order?
Nice looking Cat...hope it all worked out well with minimum $$$$

sleekcraft137
06-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Tough day. Is it me or does that trailer and bunks look like some major repair is in order?
Nice looking Cat...hope it all worked out well with minimum $$$$I would love to see what the drive and prop looked like after that. :cry:

Chestah Cheetah
06-17-2006, 07:49 AM
If you ever decide to go for a test drive with the owner - do not, I repeat, do not get in that boat without a life jacket and a diaper. :)

Mandelon
06-17-2006, 07:54 AM
I've seen them at the lake a few times.
They seem to have a pretty high freeboard.
Kinda oversized looking. But what do I know my boat's only a 21'er.
Powerboat mag had a review of one. It got decent marks for fit and finish as I recall. A little slow I think they said.

Not So Fast
06-17-2006, 09:55 AM
You could ask Snoop Dog and his crew :D NSF

BajaMike
06-17-2006, 10:00 AM
I've seen them at the lake a few times.
They seem to have a pretty high freeboard.
Kinda oversized looking. But what do I know my boat's only a 21'er.
Powerboat mag had a review of one. It got decent marks for fit and finish as I recall. A little slow I think they said.
Kinda HTM looking??? :idea:
:boxed:

JustDawn
06-17-2006, 11:07 AM
If you ever decide to go for a test drive with the owner - do not, I repeat, do not get in that boat without a life jacket and a diaper. :)
...that's funny...
Afew year's ago at the Eliminator regatta...a bunch of us are sitting around tied off in front of Copper Canyon.
A B&H water rod(v-bottom) rolls up no engine hatch,and a motor that sounds like something John Force would be proud of...
Turns out it's the owner of B&H,Scooby,Scoopy,something along those lines...
...Anyway he proceeds to start calling out any Eliminator owners who want to dance.. :rolleyes: Says something about who wants to see what a REAL V-bottom can do,regardless,Cat,V, whatever...BRING IT ON.
About 5-6 Eliminator owners decide to take him up on his offer (including a couple of nasty Daytona's)
We all float out to watch the carnage that is about to ensue.
As they roll past the buoy's,buddy of mine looks at me and says... uh,this is gonna be UGLY.....it was.
As everyone instantly checked out...all you could see was a pair heads in the B&H giving everyone they're best bobble head doll impersonation....He ended up getting just Smoked....
To this day that may have been one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed at Havasu (PlayDeep)

Biglue
06-17-2006, 11:24 AM
...that's funny...
Afew year's ago at the Eliminator regatta...a bunch of us are sitting around tied off in front of Copper Canyon.
A B&H water rod(v-bottom) rolls up no engine hatch,and a motor that sounds like something John Force would be proud of...
...Anyway he proceeds to start calling out any Eliminator owners who want to dance.. :rolleyes: Says something about who wants to see what a REAL V-bottom can do,regardless,Cat,V, whatever...BRING IT ON.
About 5-6 Eliminator owners decide to take him up on his offer (including a couple of nasty Daytona's)
As they roll past the buoy's,buddy of mine looks at me and says... uh,this is gonna be UGLY.....it was.
As everyone instantly checked out...all you could see was a pair heads in the B&H giving everyone they're best bobble head doll impersonation....He ended up getting just Smoked....
To this day that may have been one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed at Havasu (PlayDeep)
Interesting. Their website has a fairly bold motto. "Nobody beats us PERIOD".
I also have seen a few of them around. Decent looking boats. Their graphics are average. They move pretty good too.

Chestah Cheetah
06-17-2006, 11:39 AM
...Turns out it's the owner of B&H,Scooby,Scoopy,something along those lines...
That's him - Scoopy. Claims to be an ex drill sergeant. I made the mistake of asking him how many colors and design options were offered in the standard price. His reply, nose to nose, roughly 2 inches from my face, at the absolute top of his lungs: "Anything you mutha$#%^&n want mutha$%^#a
He will also demonstrate the superior strength of his layup by jumping, as high he possihbly can, on top of the deck to one of the cats wearing his military issue boots.
The good stuff is all in the test drive though...ahhhh, fun times. :)

Hotcobra270
06-17-2006, 12:05 PM
I checked them out before I got my Cobra.. Their shop is in a rough neighborhood of san bernardino. I was looking at their 25 footer and it just didnt seem to be as big in the bow area as some of the other 25'ers that Ive been on. They also use volvo penta engines..

SHOTKALLIN
06-17-2006, 01:19 PM
Is Volvo Penta a No No just dont do it kind of thing? Kinda like Bayliner?

Jrocket
06-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I would normally say, "You get what you pay for comment" but I have seen some of these boats that the owner didnt get what he paid for,even if it was a great deal on the boat.My 2 cents.

Chestah Cheetah
06-17-2006, 02:02 PM
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember Volvo Penta discontinuing their high performance line (it was basically an HP500).

77charger
06-17-2006, 06:13 PM
would you say no to a chevy?pretty sure they are all the same thing just different colors.for the drive i dont know!!

beaverretriever
06-17-2006, 07:11 PM
...that's funny...
Not to sound like a total dumbarse, but did he kick everyones ass or did he get worked over? You wrote "he ended up getting just Smoked". That sounds like the Water Rod got beat... [shrugging shoulders]

Kachina26
06-17-2006, 08:55 PM
Not to sound like a total dumbarse, but did he kick everyones ass or did he get worked over? You wrote "he ended up getting just Smoked". That sounds like the Water Rod got beat... [shrugging shoulders]
Just like so many cigs that were smoked by Fast Freddy's Nordic, the water rod too, went down like Monica Lewinsky on Clinton.

Jordy
06-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I've never seen a white guy in a Water Rod and there are a few that hang out at Pleasant. Saw one today in fact. :D :D :D

Havasu Doug
06-17-2006, 08:59 PM
you mean this pic??
It was me that took that pic. Sometimes I feel guilty about it especially since I've received 3 years worth of Extreme Boats Magazine for letting them use it. I guess I owe the owner some mags.
The guy in the foreground met the owner in Parker soon after this and told him that he knew who took the pic, but I've never heard from him myself.

Biglue
06-17-2006, 09:02 PM
I've never seen a white guy in a Water Rod and there are a few that hang out at Pleasant. Saw one today in fact. :D :D :D
I have seen one white dude in one. It was actually a different name on the hull before B & H bought them out. There was only 6 built under that other name according to him.

riverbound
06-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Im glad you said that and not me (already on the NAACP most wanted list :p ) But I have noticed the same thing. Seems as though they have a target demgographic.
I just have to ask when they "rig" a boat......is that a good thing or a bad thing?? :rollside:

OGShocker
06-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Why do you feel the need to get all racial....and shit?

Jordy
06-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Why do you feel the need to get all racial....and shit?
Just keeping it lively and stating my opinion based on what I've seen. Not being racial because I hate everyone equally. ;)
The best part was when this Commander (lots of orange and blue) colored looking WR came rolling by yesterday with a bro behind the wheel, one of the girls that was tied up with us and doesn't know a thing about boats remarked that "A white guy wouldn't own that boat." I thought it was pretty funny. :D

riverbound
06-18-2006, 09:24 AM
Just keeping it lively and stating my opinion based on what I've seen. Not being racial because I hate everyone equally. ;)
The best part was when this Commander (lots of orange and blue) colored looking WR came rolling by yesterday with a bro behind the wheel, one of the girls that was tied up with us and doesn't know a thing about boats remarked that "A white guy wouldn't own that boat." I thought it was pretty funny. :D
Ironically enough....shotkallin is.....you guessed it ;)

JustDawn
06-18-2006, 01:43 PM
...I believe the original B&H water rods came from the old Virage molds.
The early hulls that came from those molds had a wicked chine walk,along with some other issues...
Several builders now use the old Virage molds for a platform,the smart ones changed some things in the bottom.(PlayDeep)

SHOTKALLIN
06-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Ironically enough....shotkallin is.....you guessed it ;)
Yeah i'm black but that has nothing to do with who's boat i buy. Race is not an issue to me. I am wise enough to consider resale value.
By the way, the guy that i talked to that was on his second Waterrod was white. I didn't ask him if he was on the boards. He was more than pleased with the company and insurance payed out almost twice what he payed for the first one. He chose to stick with WaterRod.
Scoopy does have a potty mouth and could not hold back his Turet's syndrome even in front of my wife and 3 year old. I think he build's a very nice boat for the $. I also think that he could sell 4 times the amount of boats if he had some common sense and could refrain from his Turet's syndrome while talking to potential customers.
I think I would rather give DCB 80K for a used boat than Water Rod for a new one.
Just my .02