PDA

View Full Version : I'm so SCREWED...UPS or Raylar

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Sorry to get on here and vent. But I'm fu**ed and it was no fault of my own.
I'm building a Raylar 600 and once again the story changes from what I'm told from Raylar.
I'm having a GM Master Tech help me with the assembly of the externals on my motor. Last week the owner of the GM dealership where it's being worked on sold the dealership and said I had to have my motor out of there by today. I try to get a hold of Ray all week to get my intake manifold, come to find out he's on vaction. No big deal, it would be nice if there is someone else to talk to when he is gone, but it's not my company.
Ray calls me on Friday saying he's back, I ask if he can over night the intake manifold so I can have it Monday, no problem he says. I run down to my bank get the money plus the $200.00 to overnight it, put it in his bank and try to call a couple of times to confim that it would be shipped on Friday, no answer. This is at 2:59. I don't get a call back so I assume all is well.
I take the day off from work today and let the owner of the dealership know I will be there today to finish the motor and get it out of there and guess what ? No manifold...
I call Ray ask if it went out on Friday and the answer is no, UPS never came by to get it. Did I get a call letting me know, no.
So, now I'm on way up to the dealership to take my motor to god knows where to try to find a place that will let me keep it there until next week until I can finish it. Where ever it is, I hope someone has the tools that I need, because I don't.
This is bullshit.

Kilrtoy
06-19-2006, 09:43 AM
This is gonna get interesting fast

caroftheweek
06-19-2006, 09:44 AM
when i worked for a company that did alot of shipping, if someone wanted overnight shipping and was paying for it, we would do anything in our power to get it out. if UPS had already picked up or was not going to pick up we would take it somewhere to get it out. if we could not get it out for what ever reason, we would call the customer tell them there is just no way to do it.
So in this instance i think the fault lays with Raylar. did not get out and did not call you.
Ryan

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 09:49 AM
when i worked for a company that did alot of shipping, if someone wanted overnight shipping and was paying for it, we would do anything in our power to get it out. if UPS had already picked up or was not going to pick up we would take it somewhere to get it out. if we could not get it out for what ever reason, we would call the customer tell them there is just no way to do it.
So in this instance i think the fault lays with Raylar. did not get out and did not call you.
Ryan
That's the way I have always done business too. Call the customer if you can't do what you say you can.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 10:21 AM
I just got back from the dealership and I can't keep it there another week. I don't have a clue where to put this engine, it weighs a shitload. I have to borrow my buddies truck and trailer,move it to some where I can store it for a week. Try to find someone with the tools I need to finish it, and then take it to Day Island Boat Works to be installed. All becasue what I told was going to happen didn't. **** I'm pissed.
I want this whole Raylar thing over...

Lightning
06-19-2006, 10:30 AM
I just got back from the dealership and I can't keep it there another week. I don't have a clue where to put this engine, it weighs a shitload. I have to borrow my buddies truck and trailer,move it to some where I can store it for a week. Try to find someone with the tools I need to finish it, and then take it to Day Island Boat Works to be installed. All becasue what I told was going to happen didn't. **** I'm pissed.
I want this whole Raylar thing over...
Why not bring the motor to the boat shop? Are they full service, maybe they can get it taken care of? You would think someone at the dealership would have let you know that they were selling the place - it's not like that transaction took place overnight with a debit card. Raylar dropped the ball with not sending the product out in time, but also some others at fault for so many last minute changes......

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Why not bring the motor to the boat shop? Are they full service, maybe they can get it taken care of? You would think someone at the dealership would have let you know that they were selling the place - it's not like that transaction took place overnight with a debit card. Raylar dropped the ball with not sending the product out in time, but also some others at fault for so many last minute changes......
Actually...Nobody knew they were selling the dealership. My wife and mother in law worked there for 15 years and just found out last week that they are unemployed as of July 1st. And no, you don't buy a 6.5 million dollar dealership with a debit card, and no you don't announce it to anyone until the deal is done either.
Day Island is a full service dealership, but I'm not letting them work on my motor. I see how most dealerships treat things, and I don't want any of the paint, powdercoat or anodizing scratched. I feel better about doing things myself.

voodoomedman
06-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Ryan
Yes exactly. We don't miss pickups on purpose. We are not perfect but we are darn good. Our drivers are the best in the industry. And if we did miss a pickup all it takes is a phone call and it will be taken care of. If one of my customers calls me to let me know that they haven't seen their driver I am on the phone with operations and it will be taken care of. If we screw up we will take the responsibility but if someone screws up don't use us as a scapegoat.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 11:36 AM
If we screw up we will take the responsibility but if someone screws up don't use us as a scapegoat.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly

GHT
06-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Use to work at UPS and still use them to ship. If someone had remembered or really wanted to make the "next day air" they could have easily gone to a pick up point or to the main hub. Been there done that many times. These places will usually be good for next day air pick up all the way until 4:30 pm and if they have an Airport terminal they are good for a little longer, maybe even 5:00 pm.
Just my .02 to help get the sh1t stirred.

Pussywhippled
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
The whole Raylar thing whatever...
But here is what I find very interesting.
Plantiff owns a 2003 26 Daytona, and lists the following complaints...
1. Nowhere to put the engine.
2. No tools to finish the engine.
3. No truck or trailer to haul the engine.
How much do these Daytona thing-ama-gingy's cost? And on top of that putting together a new Raylar motor for it?
It seems to me (I could be wrong) but these are not usually the problems associated with people who own this caliber of boat and engine.
But what do I know?

JMC
06-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Someone forgot to send it out. If a business says next day its their responsibility to get it out not UPS's. If I have a customer that paid $200 to have something overnighted I would know it is time sensitive. ANYTIME you have an overnight there is urgency.

prosthogod
06-19-2006, 11:58 AM
First mistake is doing a Raylar kit!!

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 12:11 PM
First mistake is doing a Raylar kit!!
DOH!!!!

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 12:53 PM
How much do these Daytona thing-ama-gingy's cost? And on top of that putting together a new Raylar motor for it?
It seems to me (I could be wrong) but these are not usually the problems associated with people who own this caliber of boat and engine.
But what do I know?
I guess that does make a little sense, but....
1. I could put the engine in my storage facilty where the boat is, but if you don't know your demographics, it rains a little in Seattle. Without a manifold on the engine I don't want any moisture to get into it.
2. You're right, I don't have the tools, because I don't usally work on my own "things", I pay someone. Except in this case. I was at the GM dealer to oversee what was going on. Not really getting my hands dirty.
3. And no, don't have a truck. Just a Mallett Corvette that I don't use to tow with. But I do use my Quad Steer Suburban or my Hummer. I don't think I can fit the engine in any of the 3 I listed above, although I could take my boat off of the trailer and use it to haul around the motor that was supposed to be done today, at the shop tomorrow and in my boat by Friday.
But what do I know ?

Dave C
06-19-2006, 01:11 PM
thats brutal!
so its his fault that the shop he was using was sold. I don't think so.
But what do I know?

Pussywhippled
06-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Quote:
And no, don't have a truck. Just a Mallett Corvette that I don't use to tow with. But I do use my Quad Steer Suburban or my Hummer.
Wow... Maybe I spoke too soon. Sorry, but lets review...
1. 26 daytona
2. Corvette
3. Suburban
4. Hummer
I'm impressed...

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Quote:
And no, don't have a truck. Just a Mallett Corvette that I don't use to tow with. But I do use my Quad Steer Suburban or my Hummer.
Wow... Maybe I spoke too soon. Sorry, but lets review...
1. 26 daytona
2. Corvette
3. Suburban
4. Hummer
I'm impressed...
You forgot the trailer

ChumpChange
06-19-2006, 02:12 PM
I once needed to get a set of loan docs to Oregon the following day which was the last day of my sales quarter. I met the customer at 6:00pm and dropped the docs off at the Ontario Airport hub of UPS in order to get the docs there the next day.
A business can do 'what it takes' to satisfy. UPS has a deadline of 7:30pm at the airport near me.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 02:19 PM
I once needed to get a set of loan docs to Oregon the following day which was the last day of my sales quarter. I met the customer at 6:00pm and dropped the docs off at the Ontario Airport hub of UPS in order to get the docs there the next day.
A business can do 'what it takes' to satisfy. UPS has a deadline of 7:30pm at the airport near me.
If Ray wanted to get the part to me in time he could have. I'm just sick of the shit with this motor, it's been one thing after another.

ChumpChange
06-19-2006, 02:26 PM
If Ray wanted to get the part to me in time he could have. I'm just sick of the shit with this motor, it's been one thing after another.
Had you been on the HB forums prior to ordering Raylar??? All you had to do was search for them.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Had you been on the HB forums prior to ordering Raylar??? All you had to do was search for them.
I was too late...If I had this to do all over, there is no way in hell I would knowing what I know now.
I still need parts from them and to be honest with you I don't feel like screwing with it. Hopefully I can get the coil relocation kit, considering I had the mounting bosses on my valve covers ground off and painted to match my engine. But the last thing Ray told me is that there is a problem with the wiring harness for them from the manufacturer. I also needed a set of billit pullies from them, but the last thing Ray said was the manufacturer was making the alternator pully too small or too big or something.
Who knows...I just want it over. I should have expected this, when I had Mallett do my Corvette I was promised it in 3 months, it took 9. I just wish people who you do business with could be straight up. All Ray had to say this morning was we dropped the ball. Not some lame bullshit about UPS. I'm ****ing tired of it.

bmr
06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Raylar did the same thing to me, it took 4 weeks longer then i was told and i had to call all most every day.

Deano
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
whaaaat the fuk.
What gives. You dont have anywhere to put the motor? You dont have any tools?
Put that thing in the back of your quad steer sub or hummer. Go down to sears and kick down 25 bucks for a basic set of wrenches and allens.
Then take your dumn ass to pep boys, buy a chevrolet manual and put that piece of shit ontop of your engine yourself.
Seriously, how hard is it?
Or you can take it to any automotive shop that knows chevy V-8 engines. (I know thats really hard to find, LOL) and they can put it together just as good as anyone.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
Raylar did the same thing to me, it took 4 weeks longer then i was told and i had to call all most every day.
That's too bad. I like Ray, he's a nice guy, but the more I hear on this forum about Raylar the more I'm starting to believe it. Usally when I hear something on here I ask him about it, and usally believe what he says. But, now I'm the one on here pissed because it's happend to me.

bmr
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
its not that hard to install i have never worked on a motor before and it only took me 3 day to install.

RiverDave
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
While I agree it sux that Raylar didn't ship the manifold in time.. Ultimately I'd say this whole deal falls back on you! When your juggling 10 eggs in the air, and you have to get them all back in the basket in a hurry your bound to drop one of them.. Or somebody that was suppose to ship the basket maybe forgot etc..
At the end of the day I'd definately get your 200 bucks back for overnight shipping (even if they still ship it overnight it doesn't matter)
Lots of phrases come to mind though about this whole thing "Your lack of planning is not my emergency." Even though you paid them 200 bucks to make it their emergency you have to expect screw-ups and delays on a project of this proportion.
My advice would be to take the engine to your house and put it in your garage. Let the ole Vette sit outside for a day or two (it won't melt). Get your intake manifold (if that's all that's left) and as somebody else said goto Sears and pick up some fairly basic tools and a tool box (400 bucks if you want to get really spendy) They have basic "kits" with a kinda all you need to get something done vibe..
Put the intake manifold on the motor, and whallah, your done. Then your going to need someone to put it in the boat.
Or.. Take the motor to whomever is going to put it in the boat, and put the motor in the boat, with or without the intake manifold, then finish the rest later.
RD

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM
whaaaat the fuk.
What gives. You dont have anywhere to put the motor? You dont have any tools?
Put that thing in the back of your quad steer sub or hummer. Go down to sears and kick down 25 bucks for a basic set of wrenches and allens.
Then take your dumn ass to pep boys, buy a chevrolet manual and put that piece of shit ontop of your engine yourself.
Seriously, how hard is it?
Or you can take it to any automotive shop that knows chevy V-8 engines. (I know thats really hard to find, LOL) and they can put it together just as good as anyone.
You think I can get pep boys to put the fly wheel on for me and tourque it down, and all of the rest of the shit you can't put on until the manifold is on ?

Pussywhippled
06-19-2006, 02:52 PM
You forgot the trailer
Yeah your right... I'll update my list.
1. 26 Daytona
2. Corvette
3. Suburban
4. Hummer
5. Trailer
6. Unemployed wife and mother in law
There we go fully updated, an ready for your review...

Lightning
06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
While I agree it sux that Raylar didn't ship the manifold in time.. Ultimately I'd say this whole deal falls back on you! When your juggling 10 eggs in the air, and you have to get them all back in the basket in a hurry your bound to drop one of them.. Or somebody that was suppose to ship the basket maybe forgot etc..
At the end of the day I'd definately get your 200 bucks back for overnight shipping (even if they still ship it overnight it doesn't matter)
Lots of phrases come to mind though about this whole thing "Your lack of planning is not my emergency." Even though you paid them 200 bucks to make it their emergency you have to expect screw-ups and delays on a project of this proportion.
My advice would be to take the engine to your house and put it in your garage. Let the ole Vette sit outside for a day or two (it won't melt). Get your intake manifold (if that's all that's left) and as somebody else said goto Sears and pick up some fairly basic tools and a tool box (400 bucks if you want to get really spendy) They have basic "kits" with a kinda all you need to get something done vibe..
Put the intake manifold on the motor, and whallah, your done. Then your going to need someone to put it in the boat.
Or.. Take the motor to whomever is going to put it in the boat, and put the motor in the boat, with or without the intake manifold, then finish the rest later.
RD
I agree with you Dave... but who cares what I think. Did you get my message about San V this weekend? You missed a good time.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Yeah your right... I'll update my list.
1. 26 Daytona
2. Corvette
3. Suburban
4. Hummer
5. Trailer
6. Unemployed wife and mother in law
There we go fully updated, an ready for your review...
Now you got it... Way to go.

RiverDave
06-19-2006, 02:55 PM
You think I can get pep boys to put the fly wheel on for me and tourque it down, and all of the rest of the shit you can't put on until the manifold is on ?
I think with a basic set of tools from sears (get a torque wrench as well) you can put it on pretty easily.. Is the flywheel already balanced?
RD

Daytona100
06-19-2006, 02:56 PM
Hell run that shit down to Hemet. Ill throw it together for ya!!!! Its just a bolt on kit. Are you gonna put forged pistons in it?

bmr
06-19-2006, 02:57 PM
The intake manifold is the last thing to install. So how much is done or not done at this time?

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
I think with a basic set of tools from sears (get a torque wrench as well) you can put it on pretty easily.. Is the flywheel already balanced?
RD
Yeah, it's balanced.
Here is the problem. The engine is on an engine stand, you can't put the flywheel on the crank while it's on the stand. I have an engine cradle for it, but I can't lift the engine off the stand without the manifold on it. It sounds like I'm making a bunch of excuses here, I'm not. I had this planned and Raylar screwed up.
The engine is in front of my house in the back of my buddies utility trailer on an engine stand held in place with motorcycle tie downs covered in plastic. If I can't find a place to put it tonight it will have to go in my garage, which is no big deal, just a hassle.

Deano
06-19-2006, 03:03 PM
I think the first question should be, why is the flywheel off? the second question, why is the engine out of the boat?
It is pretty basic stuff. You should try to do it yourself, seriously. The chevrolet manual will walk you through all the steps as far as torque, tightening patterns, and little tricks. You might enjoy it.
ps. sorry about the dumb ass comment. just f'n with ya :rollside:

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
Hell run that shit down to Hemet. Ill throw it together for ya!!!! Its just a bolt on kit. Are you gonna put forged pistons in it?
It's 60 over with forged internals. The whole engine is done, except for the manifold and plumbing.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 03:06 PM
I think the first question should be, why is the flywheel off? the second question, why is the engine out of the boat?
It is pretty basic stuff. You should try to do it yourself, seriously. The chevrolet manual will walk you through all the steps as far as torque, tightening patterns, and little tricks. You might enjoy it.
ps. sorry about the dumb ass comment. just f'n with ya :rollside:
It's a whole new motor Deano, the only thing I used from the stock 496 is the block. Everything else is new, everything from the pushrods to the lifters. It's all trick stuff.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 03:07 PM
The intake manifold is the last thing to install. So how much is done or not done at this time?
It's all done except for the manifold and plumbing.

Deano
06-19-2006, 03:13 PM
You should bring this thread over to gearheads and do a cool little build up with everyones help there. Tell Raylar to keep the manifold. You could throw some pretty cool shit ontop of that thing for less.

RiverDave
06-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it's balanced.
Here is the problem. The engine is on an engine stand, you can't put the flywheel on the crank while it's on the stand. I have an engine cradle for it, but I can't lift the engine off the stand without the manifold on it. It sounds like I'm making a bunch of excuses here, I'm not. I had this planned and Raylar screwed up.
The engine is in front of my house in the back of my buddies utility trailer on an engine stand held in place with motorcycle tie downs covered in plastic. If I can't find a place to put it tonight it will have to go in my garage, which is no big deal, just a hassle.
Well there ya go.. I've never had to lift a V8 before, but I can't imagine you'd lift it from the Intake manifold? Wouldn't there be some eyebolts that screw in somewhere?
RD

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 03:17 PM
You should bring this thread over to gearheads and do a cool little build up with everyones help there. Tell Raylar to keep the manifold. You could throw some pretty cool shit ontop of that thing for less.
I would consider doing that if I didn't have over 20 grand into it already.
I know I probably sound like a whinny bitch, but I'm just really frustrated.

1stepcloser
06-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Something about this thread seems kind of phishy. :idea:

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 03:21 PM
[QUOTE=RiverDave]Well there ya go.. I've never had to lift a V8 before, but I can't imagine you'd lift it from the Intake manifold? Wouldn't there be some eyebolts that screw in somewhere?
Dave, if I could do it I would. I'm sure there is a way to do it, I just don't feel like messing with it. It shouldn't have been this hard in the first place. All Raylar had to do was tell me the messed up and I would have been ok, a little pissed, but ok. Instead I get this bs about UPS. I'm just done with them.

onetallhd
06-19-2006, 05:25 PM
It all sounds way to familiar to me.

JB in so cal
06-19-2006, 05:29 PM
I'd blame Magic, Squirtin' Thunder or George Bush. But that's just me :)

phebus
06-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Before I hauled the motor out of the shop, I would have found out who the mechanic was that was working on it, and offered him some money to take the motor and finish it for you as a side job.
Possibly would have killed two birds with one stone. Storage, and completion.
But, that's just me :D

Speedin' Ian
06-19-2006, 06:17 PM
Why is everyone giving this guy such a hard time???? I'm sure there are plenty of people with nice boats that can't, or choose not to work on their own stuff. What if this guy torques the manifold incorrectly, or the gasket moves when he places the manifold on the motor. If it were mine I'd do it myself, but I've done this type of thing numerous times. He's got 20k into the motor, I don't blame him for wanting a prefessional to do it.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Why is everyone giving this guy such a hard time???? I'm sure there are plenty of people with nice boats that can't, or choose not to work on their own stuff. What if this guy torques the manifold incorrectly, or the gasket moves when he places the manifold on the motor. If it were mine I'd do it myself, but I've done this type of thing numerous times. He's got 20k into the motor, I don't blame him for wanting a prefessional to do it.
I don't want to do it the wrong way. If this was one of the 103 kits, no problem. But this is a complete new motor and I'm not an engine builder, I'm in finance.
This whole thing today really was a set back, I had to change a lot of plans and do a lot of juggling.
Look at the pics under my other thread and you will understand.

Daytona100
06-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Well after all the drama is over how about posting some speed numbers. Prop pitch etc. Moter looks great. Wish you luck.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Well after all the drama is over how about posting some speed numbers. Prop pitch etc. Moter looks great. Wish you luck.
I will Daytona and thanks.

Sleek-Jet
06-19-2006, 07:06 PM
I'm sitting here scratching my head as to why you can't hoist the engine with the manifold off... If nothing else, stick some bolts in the manifold bolt holes on the heads and hoist away. :idea:

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm sitting here scratching my head as to why you can't hoist the engine with the manifold off... If nothing else, stick some bolts in the manifold bolt holes on the heads and hoist away. :idea:
Because they are aluminum heads and the manifold bolts are very small and I'm sure trying to lift a 600+ lb motor by the manifold bolts isn't a good idea.

SmokinLowriderSS
06-19-2006, 07:25 PM
Because they are aluminum heads and the manifold bolts are very small and I'm sure trying to lift a 600+ lb motor by the manifold bolts isn't a good idea.
I lift a fully loaded 800 pound iron headed Mk-IV on a couple bolts put in the ENDS of the heads (the accessory mount holes). Nothing pulls on threads, and the weight just tries to bend gr-8 bolts, even 3/8"ers, not happening. 1 bolt in each head.
If ya happen to buy an engine leveler, you'r really solid with 4 bolts on 2 short chains instead of just 2 and a diagonal section of chain

randy77zt
06-19-2006, 07:38 PM
the best way to get something done correctly is to do it yourself.if you need to haul a motor pull the seats out of 1 of your suv and get it done.

Kachina26
06-19-2006, 07:40 PM
I just looked at your pics, and those big bracket thingys on the front and the back of your motor with the big holes are actually lift points. I see they are anodized and all pretty, you can protect them with some carpet or something. By the way RD, he has been going through this BS with Ray for about a year now. I can tell you first hand that Ray has been known to say that something has been shipped when he doesn't even have it. I love the results from my kit, but his customer service leaves a little to be desired.

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 08:11 PM
I just looked at your pics, and those big bracket thingys on the front and the back of your motor with the big holes are actually lift points. I see they are anodized and all pretty, you can protect them with some carpet or something. By the way RD, he has been going through this BS with Ray for about a year now. I can tell you first hand that Ray has been known to say that something has been shipped when he doesn't even have it. I love the results from my kit, but his customer service leaves a little to be desired.
Those lift brackets you see are temporary, I had to have all new brackets made to fit the headers that I didn't know didn't come with any. Those lift brackets come off after the manifold it on. This "bolt on kit" has turned into a money pit.

JAY4SPEED
06-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Before I hauled the motor out of the shop, I would have found out who the mechanic was that was working on it, and offered him some money to take the motor and finish it for you as a side job.
Possibly would have killed two birds with one stone. Storage, and completion.
But, that's just me :D
This is exactly what I was going to suggest.
2. You're right, I don't have the tools, because I don't usally work on my own "things", I pay someone. Except in this case. I was at the GM dealer to oversee what was going on. Not really getting my hands dirty.
Since you were overseeing the assembly and your wife worked at the dealership, you could get the number of the Tech that was working on your motor. Call him up and see if he'll come over to the house to help you out. If he's out of work, I'm sure he could use the side job cash.
Just roll the engine stand in your garage, have him put on the intake, then bring the flexplate with you when you goto have the engine put in and have them put that on before they intall the engine. By all means, stay away from Pepboys..... :yuk:
Jay

spectras only
06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Daytona , if you lived a little closer to where I live , I would have put it together for you for free with a promise you'd take me out for a blast :rollside: . Since you're in Gig harbour , there are a bunch of hot boaters in the area [ they're hanging out here> [www.nwoffshore.com ][/url] someone there could land you a hand .

26Daytona
06-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Daytona , if you lived a little closer to where I live , I would have put it together for you for free with a promise you'd take me out for a blast :rollside: . Since you're in Gig harbour , there are a bunch of hot boaters in the area [ they're hanging out here> [www.nwoffshore.com ][/url] someone there could land you a hand .
Specter,
I looked on NWOFFSHORE today and am going to get ahold of a couple of them to see if I can get some help. I'll take you out at the next Vancouver poker run.

spectras only
06-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the offer , but sorry , no more vancouver poker run. Maybe someone will come to the rescue and revive it in the future. We'll have the Sidney-Nanaimo-Sidney poker run this weekend, that's one of the best . 80 miles both ways in the gulf islands . :cool:

beyondhelpin
06-20-2006, 06:59 AM
Thats what I was wondering.

Raylar
06-23-2006, 06:22 AM
Rob:
I would suggest that if you have a problem with our shipping you call and talk to me direct! Your manifold was packaged and ready for overnight shipping on Friday as planned. The problem was created UPS who did not come by for our friday UPS pickups. I told you that monday and you said you could only work on it on Monday so not to reship it overnight and you would take it UPS ground and save the freight. You will be creditied the difference in shipping.
I am not going to use the forums here as a "trial by posters" when not all the facts are known.
Since you have stretched your purchases of the Raylar parts to build your own HO600 engine over nearly two years I think my spending many hours of time with you to give you huge amount of instructions and tips over that two year period that you created I don't want to be bashed by you for your delays. Its that simple, don't kick a gift horse in the mouth!
Raylar is not perfect, I don't know any aftermarket parts or engine companies that are. We always try to meet our customers needs, even those who don't plan ahead and always order in a rush. We stand behind what we make and we take care of our customers better than almost any other Marine parts company in the business. I guess the old quote applies, "you can please most of the people most of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time"
One thing I do know we always are always accessible and we work hard to solve issues or problems as they arise. We have hundreds of customers who will attest to that!
Ray @ Raylar

voodoomedman
06-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Rob:
I would suggest that if you have a problem with our shipping you call and talk to me direct! Your manifold was packaged and ready for overnight shipping on Friday as planned. The problem was created UPS who did not come by for our friday UPS pickups.
Ray @ Raylar
Oh Gee! That's kinda weird as I show that you manifested 4 packages on Friday the 16th, voided 2 and the remaining 2 were picked up and delivered by the guaranteed day and time. I'm sorry if we have done anything to you to make you feel that it is a good idea to speak untruth's of our great service on the internet; however we do thank you for your business. Maybe it was just a mistake. If you would like I could set your internet id up for Quantum View Manage. That way before you decide to say that we didn't pickup you can log in and see your last 45 days of shipping history and determine correctly whether we did pick you up or not. If you really are experiencing difficulties with your pickups then please let me know and I will call down to your delivery center in San Diego and let the Center Manager know so that he can talk with your pickup driver and ensure that it does not continue.
Edit: By the way none of the manifested addresses were to Washington which is where 26Daytona's profile says he lives.

1stepcloser
06-23-2006, 07:56 AM
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/talc/images/popcorn.jpg

onetallhd
06-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow!!!! This could get interesting!!!

CornWater
06-23-2006, 08:02 AM
Oh Gee! That's kinda weird as I show that you manifested 4 packages on Friday the 16th, voided 2 and the remaining 2 were picked up and delivered by the guaranteed day and time. I'm sorry if we have done anything to you to make you feel that it is a good idea to speak untruth's of our great service on the internet; however we do thank you for your business. Maybe it was just a mistake. If you would like I could set your internet id up for Quantum View Manage. That way before you decide to say that we didn't pickup you can log in and see your last 45 days of shipping history and determine correctly whether we did pick you up or not. If you really are experiencing difficulties with your pickups then please let me know and I will call down to your delivery center in San Diego and let the Center Manager know so that he can talk with your pickup driver and ensure that it does not continue.
Edit: By the way none of the manifested addresses were to Washington which is where 26Daytona's profile says he lives.
http://www.houseofthemes.com/Scooby%20Doo.jpg
Rut Roh!!!

rvrhlic
06-23-2006, 10:13 AM
Rob:
I would suggest that if you have a problem with our shipping you call and talk to me direct! Your manifold was packaged and ready for overnight shipping on Friday as planned. The problem was created UPS who did not come by for our friday UPS pickups. I told you that monday and you said you could only work on it on Monday so not to reship it overnight and you would take it UPS ground and save the freight. You will be creditied the difference in shipping.
I am not going to use the forums here as a "trial by posters" when not all the facts are known.
Since you have stretched your purchases of the Raylar parts to build your own HO600 engine over nearly two years I think my spending many hours of time with you to give you huge amount of instructions and tips over that two year period that you created I don't want to be bashed by you for your delays. Its that simple, don't kick a gift horse in the mouth!
Raylar is not perfect, I don't know any aftermarket parts or engine companies that are. We always try to meet our customers needs, even those who don't plan ahead and always order in a rush. We stand behind what we make and we take care of our customers better than almost any other Marine parts company in the business. I guess the old quote applies, "you can please most of the people most of the time, but you can't please all the people all the time"
One thing I do know we always are always accessible and we work hard to solve issues or problems as they arise. We have hundreds of customers who will attest to that!
Ray @ Raylar
I LOVE THIS!!! More Raylar excuses. I love the fact he gives you crop for bashing them but hen bashed UPS! Trust me, Raylar is ALL TALK! They promises are empty.
I am sorry for your issues, as others have said, the biggest mistake you made was getting a Raylar kit. I made the same mistake and I hope no one else does.

Raylar
06-23-2006, 01:28 PM
Sorry, Riverholic, just about everybody knows your problem and they know you are the problem, not Raylar as you keep crying about. Raylar now has several hundred boats runnning our engines and parts all over the country and world and almost everyone to the person is very satisfied, including the person who bought your Raylar motor. I guess I should ask them to speak up here on the forum. You can keep beating your dead horse like a fool, thats your problem not mine.
Ray @ Raylar

rvrhlic
06-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Sorry, Riverholic, just about everybody knows your problem and they know you are the problem, not Raylar as you keep crying about. Raylar now has several hundred boats runnning our engines and parts all over the country and world and almost everyone to the person is very satisfied, including the person who bought your Raylar motor. I guess I should ask them to speak up here on the forum. You can keep beating your dead horse like a fool, thats your problem not mine.
Ray @ Raylar
:rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
yeah - okay there are more stories than I care to tell about your "happy" customers.

voodoomedman
06-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Ray,
I think you forgot to respond to this post so here it is again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raylar
Rob:
I would suggest that if you have a problem with our shipping you call and talk to me direct! Your manifold was packaged and ready for overnight shipping on Friday as planned. The problem was created UPS who did not come by for our friday UPS pickups.
Ray @ Raylar

26Daytona
06-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Rob:
Ray @ Raylar
Ray,
I'm not on here bashing you. You have been very helpful over that last couple of years. But lets lay out the facts.
When I first contacted you I wanted you to build me an engine at your shop. I asked you if you wanted me to pay for it up front and you said no, just give me money as we go. Great. I gave you money, and waited and waited and waited, for a crank, pistons and rods. I sent you the Titan oil pump that YOU told me to get that has been a bitch to retro fit to a 496. I know you said you didn't tell me, but you did. I had never heard of Titan until you. I sent you an oil pan and an engine block and paid for a set of billit main caps and the machine work that you said the customer you sold the engine to you were buiding for me wouldn't pay for. So finally I said screw it and decided to build it myself. But once I started to look at the REAL cost of doing this 600HO I sh*t. I didn't know about all of the other upgrades that I had to do to make this motor run right, and here it is well over 20 Grand later and it still isn't done. If I had known what I was getting myself into and not what I thought, which was a "bolt on kit" I would have never done this. Part of the two year wait was the 4 months I waited to get the heads from you that you said you were having production issues on with Rousch.
Back to the manifold, I have been asking for the last couple of months for a manifold. You kept telling me next week, next week never happened, that's how I ended up with your polished one. You also told me $2400.00 for it a couple of weeks ago and on Friday you told me $2500.00 plus $200.00 to ship it.
People on the forum have known that I have been building this motor for some time, and I have taken a lot of crap for and been doing a lot of defending of Raylar. So don't think I'm on here bashing you, I'm not. I had expectations last Friday and didn't get a phone call from you letting me know that they couldn't be meant. I had a lot of people scheduling time for me this week anticipating my engine being done, and now to top it off, there is another delay. The manifold you sent me doesn't have the tab to mount my throttle cable. I don't care why or anything else, it doesn't matter, the fact is it isn't on there. So, I dropped it off at Precision Metal Works in Seattle today to get a tab welded on it. They can do it next week and I can pick it up Friday.
I'm not on here bashing you Ray, I know you are busy and try your best. I just needed a phone so I didn't look like an idiot.
Rob

cyclone
06-23-2006, 03:54 PM
$2500 for an intake manifold? say it aint so. that better be some trick Wilson single plane deal with port fuel injection for that kind of money.

phebus
06-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Good post Rio, I'm going to have to save that as a reminder to myself when I'm looking to get work done.

26Daytona
06-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Yeah Mikey, you forgot that it should be gold plated for that kind of money.
26Daytona, I hate to say it cuz I did the same thing too many years ago to bring up but YOU created part of your own problem by->
1. not doing your homework.
2. not using someone local that you had access to in person.
3. farming the work out by parts and pieces to many different people.
4. not getting everything in writing,ie-> time frames, prices, etc.
5. apparently changing your mind as time went along. (my assumption from the disertation)
6. Not knowing who you were dealing with.(this is not a slam at Ray in any way shape or form, it applies to anyone that you hand $ to).
If you were down our way I'm sure that we could get a few of us to slap that thing togather for you in a weekend as it doesn't sound like it's that far out however just from reading your posts it sounds like you do not have all of the parts to finish it.
Sorry you have to go through this,
Rio
Rio,
you are exactly right. I should have done a lot more home work, I just saw "kit" and thought this would be a piece of cake. I am to blame here as well, but what this is all about was the manifold issue last week. It's behind me now and I just want to get it finished.

shadow
06-23-2006, 07:00 PM
Rio,
you are exactly right. I should have done a lot more home work, I just saw "kit" and thought this would be a piece of cake. I am to blame here as well, but what this is all about was the manifold issue last week. It's behind me now and I just want to get it finished.
26Daytona,Rio has got some valid points<but don't beat yourself up.Continue to follow through obviously and when all said and done you will be happy with the end result.coming from a fellow Raylar kit owner.Although mine is the basic kit it has served me well and i'm on my second season of running the piss out of mine.Living here in Havasu mine gets used more than most.Good luck and i hope the rest of this process goes well for you.
By the way feel free to give me a call if you have any questions completing your engine.
Darrell 928-486-7399

26Daytona
06-23-2006, 08:38 PM
26Daytona,Rio has got some valid points<but don't beat yourself up.Continue to follow through obviously and when all said and done you will be happy with the end result.coming from a fellow Raylar kit owner.Although mine is the basic kit it has served me well and i'm on my second season of running the piss out of mine.Living here in Havasu mine gets used more than most.Good luck and i hope the rest of this process goes well for you.
By the way feel free to give me a call if you have any questions completing your engine.
Darrell 928-486-7399
Thanks Darrell,
I'm sure I will have some more questions so the chances are I will be calling.
Rob

ASM22
06-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Dont listen to that Shadow guy, he has no idea what he is talking about...

voodoomedman
06-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Dont listen to that Shadow guy, he has no idea what he is talking about...
Uh oh! Is this Aaron or Brian? If it is we're all in trouble. This place is addicting. Who is going to work on our boats.
:cry:

shadow
06-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Uh oh! Is this Aaron or Brian? If it is we're all in trouble. This place is addicting. Who is going to work on our boats.
:cry:
Noooooo,I belive it might be the scrawnly little youngster with hair over his eyes like a opo lopso dog.Matt! :rollside: