PDA

View Full Version : RATTLESNAKE in the damn boat!

Her454
06-19-2006, 10:42 AM
Ok this is just getting crazy! A few friends of mine were out in their boat just floating in the cove. They have a Tahiti Jet. The kids were swimming about 30 feet off of the boat with the mom and the dad was just kickin it in the boat. A rattler comes swimming up and goes right over the side INTO THE BOAT! He doesn't realize its a rattler and grabs it in the middle and throws it out - its about a 3 foot snake and starts swimming right back to the boat again and gets in it AGAIN. The kids are the mom are screaming and swimming away from the boat and he throws it out again on the other side and it swims to the shore and is gone..........
Agressive bastard. I dont even want to swim or float in the boat now Im so freaked out. :yuk: :cry:

RiverDave
06-19-2006, 10:45 AM
If that was my boat. I would've abandoned ship and swam for it!!
I hate snakes, and I wouldn't even know how to react in that situation.. Grabbing it wouldn't be an option though. Running like a scared girl would be the 1st thing that comes to mind. Jesus isn't the only one that can walk on water when there's a snake in da boat.
RD

BajaMike
06-19-2006, 10:46 AM
Damn, that's crazy....you sure it was a rattler??
:idea:

riverbound
06-19-2006, 10:47 AM
I hate snakes, and I wouldn't even know how to react in that situation.. Grabbing it wouldn't be an option though. Running like a scared girl would be the 1st thing that comes to mind. Jesus isn't the only one that can walk on water when there's a snake in da boat.
RD
I would do the same thing......and then stand on shore and throw bottles of gasoline in the boat followed by a road flare.......the only good snake is a DEAD snake.

NOTALENT
06-19-2006, 10:54 AM
Yup...I would have ran as well....not a fan of reptiles...then when I grew some balls and manned up...I would have gotten rocks and a stick...and try to poke or hit it.... :)

AZKC
06-19-2006, 10:55 AM
When they raised the level at Roosevelt here in AZ it was same thing but like 5-6 snakes at a time coming for the boat. There were islands that had more snakes trapped than I want to deal with :220v: Weird how they can just rise up and crawl in the boat while swimming.

Magic34
06-19-2006, 10:56 AM
RD
I would have sank the damn boat or put it on it's own course into a cliff.

RitcheyRch
06-19-2006, 11:01 AM
i'm no fan of snakes either. I can almost gaurantee that I would have ran screaming from the boat like a little girl. Would have sat on shore and waited until they left.

Ziggy
06-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Sorry T but I can't help but crack up...... :p
I always wished I could climb into a boat that easily instead of clammering. :D
btw---any rock slide areas nearby?? My scream may have cause an avalanche had it been my boat :)

atomickitn
06-19-2006, 11:10 AM
u f..n girlies .....however i would have screemed like a school girl....

Boatcop
06-19-2006, 11:11 AM
By RiverDave
Running like a scared girl would be the 1st thing that comes to mind.
Isn't this your solution to nearly ANY confrontation?
:D

Her454
06-19-2006, 11:11 AM
It was in fact right off the island where we all camp. The water is higher than its been in years and some may remember my post about the last time we were camping and seeing THREE snakes in one weekend IN the campsites that are very near the water now. They were Gopher snakes, but I could care less, they were HUGE and the one in the boat this last weekend was definitly a rattler.
Im with RD, if it had been me I would have jumped ship - but then I would have probably had a heart attack and drowned.

FMluvswater
06-19-2006, 11:19 AM
My phobias are completely serious and other people's phobias are freaking hilarious! :D I'm LMAO but if it's any consolation I feel really badly about doing so. :D :D :D

WYRD
06-19-2006, 11:25 AM
one word "FREEBOARD" :crossx:

Her454
06-19-2006, 11:26 AM
My phobias are completely serious and other people's phobias are freaking hilarious! :D I'm LMAO but if it's any consolation I feel really badly about doing so. :D :D :D
ROTLMAO.......... as Im frantically looking up the old phobia thread where FM listed two pages of her own LOL..... :)
Love ya FM!

Hardly Satisfied
06-19-2006, 11:27 AM
that sucks

NautiTwins
06-19-2006, 11:28 AM
When they raised the level at Roosevelt here in AZ it was same thing but like 5-6 snakes at a time coming for the boat. There were islands that had more snakes trapped than I want to deal with :220v: Weird how they can just rise up and crawl in the boat while swimming.
THis is just scary. Now knowing this, I vow to never go to Lake Roosevelt.

Jyruiz
06-19-2006, 11:29 AM
one word "FREEBOARD" :crossx:
Ditto.

chase8
06-19-2006, 11:31 AM
Ok so i've been putting the bug in my wifes ear lately saying I wouldn't mind making the drive to havasu to give your river life a shot. She seems receptive to the idea, but snakes were not part of the deal. Now you guys down south are freaking me out! So your saying that if you go to a place like havasu and you spend the night in your boat you have to worry about rattle snakes swimming over and crawling into bed with you. Ya, i'll PASS on that action with a capital "P". If my wife gets wind of this i'll never get her there anyway.

BajaMike
06-19-2006, 11:33 AM
LOL...... :rollside: :rollside: :) :)

BajaMike
06-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Ok so i've been putting the bug in my wifes ear lately saying I wouldn't mind making the drive to havasu to give your river life a shot. She seems receptive to the idea, but snakes were not part of the deal. Now you guys down south are freaking me out! So your saying that if you go to a place like havasu and you spend the night in your boat you have to worry about rattle snakes swimming over and crawling into bed with you. Ya, i'll PASS on that action with a capital "P". If my wife gets wind of this i'll never get her there anyway.
I think the rattlesnake incident happened in Oregon....I have never seen any at Havasu, Parker or Mohave, but I'm sure they must be some there.

Her454
06-19-2006, 11:40 AM
I think the rattlesnake incident happened in Oregon....I have never seen any at Havasu, Parker or Mohave, but I'm sure they must be some there.
ROTFLMAO....I'm not really in Salem OR, Im in Nor Cal - near Sacramento. The boat was a jet, I cant imagine a snake getting into a larger boat, maybe up over the swim step and over the back possibly? After seeing that snake get in the jet so easily TWICE, who knows.

BajaMike
06-19-2006, 11:44 AM
ROTFLMAO....I'm not really in Salem OR, Im in Nor Cal - near Sacramento. The boat was a jet, I cant imagine a snake getting into a larger boat, maybe up over the swim step and over the back possibly? After seeing that snake get in the jet so easily TWICE, who knows.
So where where you boating?? I used to live in Chico and would boat at Lake Oroville and Lake Shasta a lot...never saw any snakes.... :idea:

Ultra5150
06-19-2006, 11:45 AM
RD
Amen Brother, I am with RD.
I would be a screaming beeotch if a snake came in my boat.

Infomaniac
06-19-2006, 11:48 AM
Go ahead and jump in the water.
If I was in the boat it would be. "Here Traci" CATCH
LOL
Or he's in your bikini top. LOL

Caribbean Jet
06-19-2006, 11:53 AM
And where was this? I'll make sure that I stay away. The only thing I could do would be to throw gas on it and shoot the flare at it. How could you report a bullit hole to your insurance company after taking pop shots at the snake. I HATE snakes.

GHT
I would have sank the damn boat or put it on it's own course into a cliff.
I'm with you.... Don't know what would have sunk my boat first. #1 It hitting the rocks at W.O.T. or the fire from me shooting flares at the f'in' snake.

Her454
So where where you boating?? I used to live in Chico and would boat at Lake Oroville and Lake Shasta a lot...never saw any snakes.... :idea:
New Hogan Reservior. Just 35 miles east of Stockton by highways 26 and 12, New Hogan Lake lies in the Sierra Nevada foothills near Valley Springs. There's 50 miles of shoreline at the lake covered with oaks, digger pines and chaparral brushlands of manzanita and chamise. The lake's facilities include three campgrounds, day-use and picnic areas, launch ramps and a marina.

FMluvswater
06-19-2006, 11:54 AM
ROTLMAO.......... as Im frantically looking up the old phobia thread where FM listed two pages of her own LOL..... :)
Love ya FM!
I would deserve that for laughing. :D It wasn't two pages though - just sort of a long list. :redface: Love ya too Traci. :D

Ziggy
06-19-2006, 12:00 PM
That poor snake was probably beathing hard and happy to get in the boat the first time only to be thrown out again.....then he was probably like WTF did that human do that for :p :)

a catered life
06-19-2006, 12:04 PM
I would do the same thing......and then stand on shore and throw bottles of gasoline in the boat followed by a road flare.......the only good snake is a DEAD snake.
as funny as it sounds i would have done the same thing :)
maybe the snake wanted a cold one....budlight, coors

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 12:05 PM
OMG that is scary.

Her454
06-19-2006, 12:08 PM
OMG that is scary.
You have no idea :cry: It scared ME and I was on shore watching it! At first I thought he burned himself on the pipes or something the way he was jumping around in the boat - and then I thought he threw a rope or something out - I didnt realize it was a snake until the 2nd time and heard all the screaming.

Beer Factor
06-19-2006, 12:15 PM
I'm surprised he didn't get bit,grabbing the snake in the middle of it's body. I agree the only good rattler is a dead one! That would scare the hell out of me. I probably would have abandoned ship.

Rayson18LP
06-19-2006, 12:26 PM
How big was it? you should have ate that sob takes like chicken!!

No Name
06-19-2006, 12:28 PM
I would have killed it put it in the ice chest and had me a bbq later that night. :eat:

Rexone
06-19-2006, 12:33 PM
New Hogan Reservior. Just 35 miles east of Stockton by highways 26 and 12, New Hogan Lake lies in the Sierra Nevada foothills near Valley Springs. There's 50 miles of shoreline at the lake covered with oaks, digger pines and chaparral brushlands of manzanita, chamise and rattlesnakes. The lake's facilities include three campgrounds, day-use and picnic areas, horseshoe and snake throwing areas, launch ramps and a marina.
:)

Her454
06-19-2006, 12:38 PM
:)
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flyinbowtie
06-19-2006, 12:45 PM
I would probably have looked a little silly standing there in the boat, water passing my ankles, 40 cal in hand, slide locked back w/empty magazine, 9 new holes in the bottom of the boat squirting water straight up in the air, pissed off snake now swimming around my calfs, etc.
Alot like how Wyle E. Coyote looks right before the ACME Anvil hits his head from 3000 ft up...

Her454
06-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I would probably have looked a little silly standing there in the boat, water passing my ankles, 40 cal in hand, slide locked back w/empty magazine, 9 new holes in the bottom of the boat squirting water straight up in the air, pissed off snake now swimming around my calfs, etc.
Alot like how Wyle E. Coyote looks right before the ACME Anvil hits his head from 3000 ft up...
ROTFLMAO! I still remember your first trip to Hogan and the rattler swimmin past YOUR boat welcoming you to Mullet Mountain.............................. :rollside: :rollside:

Dave C
06-19-2006, 12:50 PM
T,
wow those moderators are really beginning to abuse their power..... how did they get a snake to appear in real life like that? :rollside: :rollside:

Her454
06-19-2006, 12:52 PM
T,
wow those moderators are really beginning to abuse their power..... how did they get a snake to appear in real life like that? :rollside: :rollside:
They are all stalkers. With snakes. Large snakes. :rollside:

DILLIGAF
06-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I saw one up in the water at Mohave a couple of weeks ago. Don't know what type it was but it was maybe 5-6 feet long. Game Time caught one out at Lake Mohave (or the river) one time and took pictures of it.
They are more in the coves than out in the open water from what I understand.
Damn T...You worst friggin' nightmare, huh?

little rowe boat
06-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Ok this is just getting crazy! A few friends of mine were out in their boat just floating in the cove. They have a Tahiti Jet. The kids were swimming about 30 feet off of the boat with the mom and the dad was just kickin it in the boat. A rattler comes swimming up and goes right over the side INTO THE BOAT! He doesn't realize its a rattler and grabs it in the middle and throws it out - its about a 3 foot snake and starts swimming right back to the boat again and gets in it AGAIN. The kids are the mom are screaming and swimming away from the boat and he throws it out again on the other side and it swims to the shore and is gone..........
Agressive bastard. I dont even want to swim or float in the boat now Im so freaked out. :yuk: :cry:
What lake? where were you?

Dave C
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
just head towards mullet mountain... about half way up, hang a right and look for the bait shop....... :rollside: :rollside: you are there. :rollside:

hoolign
06-19-2006, 02:54 PM
I thought this was about Topless...until I I saw nothing about it calling people "horsehead"

RiverDave
06-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Only when Snakes or Butcher knives are involved.. LOL
RD

Dana Marine Products
06-19-2006, 04:18 PM
Last July on San Vicente this thing was chasing down my friends fishing boat looking for a place to take a breather
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2484ratsnake1.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2484ratsnake2.jpg
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2484ratsnake3.jpg
He's a regular at these San Diego lakes, and he says this happens all the time.

Wake Havasu
06-19-2006, 04:59 PM
LMAO!

DEEZ NUTTS
06-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Happens to the best. This one puts me on the floor every time
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3135495409883499090

77charger
06-19-2006, 07:27 PM
I would have busted out the 12 gauge.OH wait then my boat would have a nice hole in it.
I have seen a gopher snake that made it into a boat at blythe the guys had to pull the seats out to get to it some thought it was a rattler too.

Ziggy
06-19-2006, 08:06 PM
Happens to the best. This one puts me on the floor every time
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3135495409883499090
Slow mo was funny as shit.......left footed boot :D :D

TUNNEL T
06-19-2006, 08:07 PM
RD
I'D BE RIGHT NEXT TO RIVER DAVE, then i'd have to go to mervyn's to buy some new snorts! TUNNEL T

XtrmWakeborder
06-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Sounds like the time when i was about 8 in blythe just floating offshore in my tube relaxing and i see this little shimmer across the river. Well it catches my eye and gets bigger and bigger and bigger coming straight for the tube. when it got about 20 feet away i knew it was a snake and started screming for my parents, but my mom was too far away and it started to climb up the side. That damn thing tried for a good 10 seconds trying to climb up while i was moving all around and finally gave up. I freaking hate snakes!!!

Her454
06-20-2006, 06:42 AM
Sounds like the time when i was about 8 in blythe just floating offshore in my tube relaxing and i see this little shimmer across the river. Well it catches my eye and gets bigger and bigger and bigger coming straight for the tube. when it got about 20 feet away i knew it was a snake and started screming for my parents, but my mom was too far away and it started to climb up the side. That damn thing tried for a good 10 seconds trying to climb up while i was moving all around and finally gave up. I freaking hate snakes!!!
Oh my God, I would have passed out. The boat is bad enough, but an innertube for chrimany sakes! The movie Jaws kept me out of the water at night for about 2 years afterward, a snake on my tube would have kept me out of it forever. :cry:

a catered life
06-20-2006, 06:49 AM
the snake is one thing but the fact that so many of you carry guns on your boats is really scaring the fock out of me :220v:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-20-2006, 06:49 AM
We had a snake climb onto our swimstep in Needles a few years back. Scared the crap out of me. Now anytime I see a stick floating, I am convinced its a snake. :cry: :yuk:

Her454
06-20-2006, 06:58 AM
the snake is one thing but the fact that so many of you carry guns on your boats is really scaring the fock out of me :220v:
Well, I never used to anyway.......................... :rolleyes: :rollside:
We had a snake climb onto our swimstep in Needles a few years back. Scared the crap out of me. Now anytime I see a stick floating, I am convinced its a snake. :cry: :yuk:
Didnt you post a pic of it, I think I remember that............... and I'll be convinced of the same from now on. :rolleyes:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-20-2006, 07:01 AM
Well, I never used to anyway.......................... :rolleyes: :rollside:
Didnt you post a pic of it, I think I remember that............... and I'll be convinced of the same from now on. :rolleyes:
Yeah, we have pics somewhere. At first I thought a stick had floated onto the step. :yuk:

Dave C
06-20-2006, 07:21 AM
one night at the lake a buddy of ours comes walking up to our crowd with something in his hands. He grabbed a baby rattle snake that was hiding in the shitter. He thought it would be funny to show us. scared the crap out of all of us.
He is not afraid of snakes so he was amused by our response.

Jordy
06-20-2006, 07:51 AM
a snake on my tube would have kept me out of it forever. :cry:
Yeah, right. With enough 'shine and Jello you'd curl up and pass out in your snake filled tube without a problem. :D :D :D

ThongMagnet
06-20-2006, 08:32 AM
This is what most guy's say to their wife, to make'm stay home :)

Her454
06-20-2006, 08:36 AM
Yeah, right. With enough 'shine and Jello you'd curl up and pass out in your snake filled tube without a problem. :D :D :D
THERE IS NOT ENUF SHINE' OR JELLO in the world for that.............

Jordy
06-20-2006, 08:38 AM
THERE IS NOT ENUF SHINE' OR JELLO in the world for that.............
C'mon now, in the world??? There seems to be more than enough just on the Mountain alone, at least based upon pics I've seen. :D :D :D

Ziggy
06-20-2006, 09:09 AM
I remember that pic clearly, that was the first time I'd heard of a snake in the water around the lower colorado region....now ever since I look around more than I used to....happy to report nothing seen so far. If I do someone in the opposing State will hear me scream....maybe not RD girliemanlike but they'll hear me :D :D

RiverDave
06-20-2006, 09:17 AM
I remember that pic clearly, that was the first time I'd heard of a snake in the water around the lower colorado region....now ever since I look around more than I used to....happy to report nothing seen so far. If I do someone in the opposing State will hear me scream....maybe not RD girliemanlike but they'll hear me :D :D
You'll be screamin like a biatch Ziggy.. Don't say you wouldn't. All curled up in a little ball saying things like "Make the bad snake go away!"
RD :D

Her454
06-20-2006, 09:20 AM
You'll be screamin like a biatch Ziggy.. Don't say you wouldn't. All curled up in a little ball saying things like "Make the bad snake go away!"
RD :D
I second that. :rollside:

Ziggy
06-20-2006, 09:20 AM
RD :DShhhhhh :mad: ........you're blowing it for me, trying to sound a little tougher here ;) :D

RiverDave
06-20-2006, 09:23 AM
I would have probably knocked you down, as I ran screaming past you.
You know I'm amazed I've never seen this in Parker the entire time I've been going there. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself) I have to wonder about the mentallity though of somehow getting the snake out of the boat (that would never cross my mind.. Fock the boat) and now that it's out of the boat throwing into the water or on the ground where... I would be wading or standing? Let alone family and friends would be wading and standing? I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think I could out swim a snake?
If we're all out of the boat and the snake wants in the boat.. Well I'd suppose I'd rather have him in the boat then swimming with me. I'll party on ShockwaveBob's boat, and come back for my boat later when the Snake decides to leave. If that's on Saturday fine.. Sunday fine.. Monday fine.. He can stay in there as long as he wants becuase I'm not touching him. I'm wickedly patient when it comes to snakes. He'll get hungry sooner or later and leave. And when he leaves I'll be talkin again.. ;)
RD

Her454
06-20-2006, 09:46 AM
You know I'm amazed I've never seen this in Parker the entire time I've been going there. (I hope I didn't just jinx myself) I have to wonder about the mentallity though of somehow getting the snake out of the boat (that would never cross my mind.. Fock the boat) and now that it's out of the boat throwing into the water or on the ground where... I would be wading or standing? Let alone family and friends would be wading and standing? I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think I could out swim a snake?
RD
RD, funny you mention that. As long as I lived in Yuma and/or Havasu I never ever saw a snake there..........but I've seen way more here than I care too up in this country. The guy (Brian) that threw the snake out said he did it out of sheer panic and wanted to jump overboard but he said he didnt ..to quote him...."want that ****er going under his bow or under his seats". This guy never drinks at all and he was stone sober when he picked that thing up and tossed it........................

XtrmWakeborder
06-20-2006, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=Now anytime I see a stick floating, I am convinced its a snake. :cry: :yuk:[/QUOTE]
LOL me too! I'm glad we boat at parker now though, fewer sticks. :)

DEEZ NUTTS
06-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm not afraid of snakes at all and would have no problem picking one up. After watching Venom ER on TLC or whatever channel and seeing how bad a rattle snake can F you up I would deffinatly stay away from those bad boys.
The baby ones are worse as they blow their whole wad in you.