PDA

View Full Version : Is New Orleans getting what it "deserves" after re-electing Mayor Ray Nagin?

MagicMtnDan
06-19-2006, 02:29 PM
This is a tragic statement about the state of affairs in New Orleans (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13422595/)

Kilrtoy
06-19-2006, 02:35 PM
"The senseless slaying of five teenagers this weekend is shocking," Blanco said in a statement. "Things like this should never happen, and I am going to do all I can to stop it."
This is what happens when you are doing drugs.....

RiverDave
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Well he wanted a "chocolate" city, and he's getting one..
RD

ratso
06-19-2006, 02:48 PM
If in fact it is drug dealers or users taking out drug dealers or users, then I don't see what the problem is...

Old Texan
06-19-2006, 03:46 PM
17 murders in Big Easy from Jan to April, 36 since April. Ya think it's got anything to do with the "Boys are Back in Town" since FEMA quit paying rent out of state? :idea:

HavasuSelect
06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
You guys definetely gotta check this out.
http://www.imnotchocolate.com/

JAY4SPEED
06-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Is New Orleans getting what it "deserves" after re-electing Mayor Ray Nagin?
To answer your question, NO!
I really didn't appreciate the title of this post, I don't think that we "deserved" anything that happens here. I'd invite anyone to come on down and see with their own two eyes the scope of what has happened in New Orleans. If you rely on the "media" for all your (mis)information.....well you know how that goes, some truth and a lot of crappy agenda. Just like anything, you have to know the whole story behind Nagin and who he ran against in the mayoral election. Out of the two that ran, Nagin was the lesser of the two evils. Just to be clear, I'm not a Nagin supporter. I'm a supporter of New Orleans, my home, and I want the best for it. The candidate I liked, Rob Couhig, didn't even make it to the primary.
17 murders in Big Easy from Jan to April, 36 since April. Ya think it's got anything to do with the "Boys are Back in Town" since FEMA quit paying rent out of state? :idea:
BINGO!!!!
Not only is it that, but the influx of questionable characters that come in as contractors and manual labor that work in the city. There have been so many reports that a lot of the criminals that they catch are from out of state and were here "working." The drug trade is becoming known here also, both from out of state workers and those who recently moved back here because the FEMA money ran out. No doubt though that the kids that got shot up this weekend were drug related. The kids that got shot up this weekend in the SUV ages ranged from 19 to 15 and were out at 4 a.m. cruising around when they were shot. You think they were going to the grocery for their grandma, or out trying to score a deal? Its not Nagin's fault alone, where are these kids parents? Where's the discipline?
I welcome the national guard and Louisiana state troopers with open arms, the depleted police force just can't handle the load. By the way, Nagin saw the problem was getting worse, he initiated this plan, and is getting something done about it. So you tell me, how is the higher crime rate derived from Nagin's reelection?
This weekend's events have prompted me to get my concealed weapon carry permit. I may love my city, but I love my life more.
Jay

Wake Havasu
06-19-2006, 09:10 PM
This is a tragic statement about the state of affairs in New Orleans (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13422595/)
Last year they seized the guns this year martial law!
Go Blanco and Nagin!

MagicMtnDan
06-19-2006, 10:39 PM
To answer your question, NO! I really didn't appreciate the title of this post, I don't think that we "deserved" anything that happens here.
I understand your feelings but the title of my post had the word "deserves" in quotation marks. I was using the expression, "get what you deserve" only in regard to the people of New Orleans voting to re-elect Ray Nagin and the resulting crime which may or may not be related.
I suspect that the crime is related to the mayor. I also believe (and no, I don't live in Nawlins) that Ray Nagin is one of the worst mayors in big city US history.
That state is one of the most corrupt in the country and its inability to have quality leadership is clearly one of the reasons the state is in the shape it's in. :skull:

godfather
06-20-2006, 06:05 AM
[QUOTE=JAY4SPEED]To answer your question, NO!
I really didn't appreciate the title of this post, I don't think that we "deserved" anything that happens here. I'd invite anyone to come on down and see with their own two eyes the scope of what has happened in New Orleans. If you rely on the "media" for all your (mis)information.....well you know how that goes, some truth and a lot of crappy agenda. Just like anything, you have to know the whole story behind Nagin and who he ran against in the mayoral election. Out of the two that ran, Nagin was the lesser of the two evils. Just to be clear, I'm not a Nagin supporter. I'm a supporter of New Orleans, my home, and I want the best for it. The candidate I liked, Rob Couhig, didn't even make it to the primary.
i couldnt have said it better myself a landreu for mayor would have been way worse.

crf311
06-20-2006, 07:00 AM
No we are not getting what we deserve. I agree with both of my fellow boaters from New Orleans.
And for those who would like to help, come on down. It will be some of the hardest most rewarding work you will do. There are many elderly who don't have the $$ or the help to rebuild there lives.