PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Keyless entry

socaldj1
06-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I just bought a new remote for my 2500hd. I thought $40 bucks wasn't bad, then was told that the service department had to code it for me, they want $56 bucks. Anyone know if this can be done with out the service guys?

Kachina26
06-19-2006, 04:37 PM
I just bought a new remote for my 2500hd. I thought $40 bucks wasn't bad, then was told that the service department had to code it for me, they want $56 bucks. Anyone know if this can be done with out the service guys?
RTFM, seriously, I believe it is in the owner's manual. What year is the truck?

phebus
06-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Here you go:
Important
All transmitters which are to be recognized by the PDM must be programmed in a single programming sequence. When using this program method, all previously programmed transmitters will be erased upon the receipt of the programming signal from the first transmitter.
The order in which the transmitters are programmed will determine its numbering position within the PDM memory. The first transmitter programmed will be transmitter #1, and the second transmitter programmed will be transmitter #2. The number stamped on the transmitter case is for reference only; #2 can be programmed as #1, or vice versa. Additional unnumbered transmitters are also available.
Close all the vehicle doors.
Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder.
Press and hold the door unlock switch.
While holding the door lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF.
Release the door unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock to confirm the program mode.
Press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button simultaneously on one transmitter. After a delay of approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
Repeat the previous step to program up to 4 transmitters.
Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter programming mode.
Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

LHC Kirby
06-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Phebus is right on the money - you can do either 3 or 4 not sure which - but follow the directions and it works!!

phebus
06-19-2006, 05:38 PM
That Phebus is a dumb sh*t. He just knows how to copy and paste :D

socaldj1
06-20-2006, 03:55 PM
Thanks Phebus! That did the trick. By the way I did read the manual which said:Replacement transmitters can be purchased from through your dealer. Remember to bring all remaining transmitters with you. When the dealer matches the replacement any remaining must also be matched.
Knew there had to be an easier way!