PDA

View Full Version : Total BS in London Bridge Hotel parking lot

ULTRA28
06-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Saturday night some POS decided to slash two tires and totally key my friends truck. Brand new lifted mega cab. He drove all the way down from Idaho with his three sons for the regatta. Ever tried to find a pair 38s in Havasu on a Sunday? It aint happening. What's up with people messing with someones truck?

cyclone
06-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Boat/truck vandals seem to be getting worse every year in havasu. not cool. :mad:

Phat Matt
06-19-2006, 05:55 PM
That blows! :mad:

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah....Me too..... :mad:
We let our friends borrow our Jeep to go to Martini Bay & Kokoho's on Saturday night.....
When they went to leave, someone had punched out the right rear soft plastic window..... :yuk:
Not a major thing.....Nothing to steal.....But now I gotta fix it.......
Sucks....
CJG

Outnumbered
06-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Seems to be a bunch of thugs there lately. Sux man. Sorry to hear that. Jealous tweakers I guess. Pulling boat plugs, stealing stuff out of boats, vandalizing trucks. All part of the reasons I stopped going there except in the off-season. Its not like the old days. Just too much trash there now. Any security cams nearby? Be nice to catch the shit bags.

me4drvr
06-19-2006, 06:07 PM
I know it's possible, but how do you punch out plastic??
j/k ... vandals SUCK :mad:

Outnumbered
06-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Yeah....Me too..... :mad:
We let our friends borrow our Jeep to go to Martini Bay & Kokoho's on Saturday night.....
When they went to leave, someone had punched out the right rear soft plastic window..... :yuk:
Not a major thing.....Nothing to steal.....But now I gotta fix it.......
Sucks....
CJG
You should be able to buy a zip-out window on e-bay for cheap. Maybe get a set of tinted ones if you don't already have them.

DILLIGAF
06-19-2006, 06:11 PM
That sucks.....

MudPumper
06-19-2006, 06:13 PM
I know it's possible, but how do you punch out plastic??
j/k ... vandals SUCK :mad:
Step one: Make fist.
Step two: Punch the plastic window.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
06-19-2006, 06:17 PM
You should be able to buy a zip-out window on e-bay for cheap. Maybe get a set of tinted ones if you don't already have them.
The window they punched out was the fixed small window.....
It just needs to be sewn back in......
Not a huge deal.......But!.......WTF! is wrong with people......
Where are the real Dad's that teach their boys whats right & wrong !!!!
Great......The window thing really didn't bother me until now......
I was thinking about the kid in the Channel this weekend and the window just didn't seem to matter much....
Later,
CJG

me4drvr
06-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Step one: Make fist.
Step two: Punch the plastic window.
Must be hard plastic, cus my old jeep was a soft top, and my old girlfriends head never punched through :rollside: :)

THEPISTONHEAD
06-19-2006, 06:37 PM
Just jelousy rearing its ugly face again with those people. They have cost me alot of money over the years. Just once I would like to catch them in the act......................then again, I would probably be in prison for beating them so bad. Damned if you do and damned if you dont. Carma will get them!!!!

me4drvr
06-19-2006, 06:41 PM
Just jelousy rearing its ugly face again with those people. They have cost me alot of money over the years. Just once I would like to catch them in the act......................then again, I would probably be in prison for beating them so bad. Damned if you do and damned if you dont. Carma will get them!!!!
http://WWW.Alssurvey.com/10054216210_0_BG.jpg
Das right... sick kharma on 'em ... those fockers will get whats theirs!

voodoomedman
06-19-2006, 07:45 PM
Last year we took the baby down to push the stroller along the channel and when we came back to the truck somebody had thrown a big old milkshake on my windshield. It didn't cost me anything but I was pissed. If I would have know who it was I would have like to go buy about 10 milkshakes and hold them down on the ground and have someone pour the crap all over them.

shadow
06-19-2006, 07:57 PM
Saturday night some POS decided to slash two tires and totally key my friends truck. Brand new lifted mega cab. He drove all the way down from Idaho with his three sons for the regatta. Ever tried to find a pair 38s in Havasu on a Sunday? It aint happening. What's up with people messing with someones truck?
Sorry to hear that John. :mad: That really sucks and it's not the first time.
Maybe we can take a good sized closed bow boat and put all kinds of stereo
logos all over it and wait down below in the closed bow.When the pukes show up to Steal/vandalize.
SUPRISE :crossx: SUPRISE :crossx:
I'd be willing to take a shift say from 10pm-4am! :hammerhea

WaTchTheGelCoat
06-19-2006, 08:38 PM
logos all over it and wait down below in the closed bow.When the pukes show up to Steal/vandalize.
lol I'll hang with ya for that one! When Kurt Andie and I left Kokomos there was tons of people just hanging out in that parking lot like it was a car show.
Good to see you the other night man!
Andy

Wake Havasu
06-19-2006, 08:46 PM
tweakers.
Havsu reminds me of Desert Hot Springs in that they both have a lot of tweakers that live there.

laveydayz
06-19-2006, 08:49 PM
That sucks....had the same thing happen at supercross last year. Came out to the truck and some sh*t bag keyed both doors and threw empty beer cans in the bed. Both trucks next to me got it as well. Lowlife scum.

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 08:50 PM
FUGGING fugg fuggers! :mad: This stuff make ZERO sense to me! :mad: :mad:

GRUNION
06-19-2006, 09:15 PM
someone decided to check out the cabin in our boat fri night at the nautical. No big deal nothing was in there just had some sandy foot prints on my bow. :mad: Dont know why people have to steal or vandalize. Its really a shame that you have to watch everything and cant look away for a sec.

dicudmore
06-19-2006, 09:41 PM
Mike told me about the tire and the key deal...that sucks.
Did they have to stay until today to get a tire? Real cool guy, definitely going through a rough stretch right now :220v: :mad:

Jyruiz
06-19-2006, 09:49 PM
F'n punks, one needs to get caught and made an example out of him.

Hardly Satisfied
06-20-2006, 01:24 AM
these punks have nothing better to do , sorry to hear that sucks

franky
06-20-2006, 04:57 AM
tweakers.
Havsu reminds me of Desert Hot Springs in that they both have a lot of tweakers that live there.
And you are so sure that "local tweekers" did this. My money is on some Cali meatheads.

Havasu Doug
06-20-2006, 05:13 AM
Sorry to hear about this, but I thought this thread was going to be about the fact that they make you detach your boat and trailer from your truck. :mad: After I left mine attached in the upper parking lot, I got a notice that I was parked illegally. (My truck took one spot and my boat took one spot)

franky
06-20-2006, 05:26 AM
Sorry to hear about this, but I thought this thread was going to be about the fact that they make you detach your boat and trailer from your truck. :mad: After I left mine attached in the upper parking lot, I got a notice that I was parked illegally. (My truck took one spot and my boat took one spot)
I went there one time in the off season with the boat in tow and swung in the upper lot taking up 3-4 spots. No one else in the whole lot. Security came rolling in and told me I had to move it. I was just running down to the Martini to pick someone up, nobody else in the lot and I was parked illegally. Damm TWEEKER LOW LIFE security guy!!LOL :) .

submakr
06-20-2006, 06:57 AM
This is one of the reasons we stay at the Queens Bay Resort. The parking lot is secured and 2 security guys are patrolling!!

NOTALENT
06-20-2006, 07:00 AM
That totally sucks....Especilly when he drove so far to enjoy our utopia. You work so hard to earn your shit...and these fockin punks come and mess with your shit cause there jealous!!! Its happened to me many times. Chevelle broken into numerous times...Last new years had all my tires slashed amongst other things. Fockin Haters want what they are unwilling to work for!!! :mad:

Not So Fast
06-20-2006, 07:01 AM
These kinds of things are happening more and more here. As I said in another post I would not leave my boat outside at night because of this problem. With growth comes crime but vandalizing just for the sake of doing it SUCKS, why would anybody want to do that :rolleyes: NSF

catman-do
06-20-2006, 07:15 AM
That sucks to hear John... I dont think my weekend went much better. Had someone come into park in the channel and hit my boat, chipped out some of the fiberglass and scratches in the paint! On the way home my dog decides to piss in my lap, and then I blow the motor in my Dodge. Now how I am the lucky person to get a diesel that blows after 1.5 years I dont know. Completely grenaded the bottom end.

framer1
06-20-2006, 07:24 AM
And you are so sure that "local tweekers" did this. My money is on some Cali meatheads.
Our Cali tweekers can't afford to drive to Havasu to mess with somebodys property....I'm going to have to go with some locals :rolleyes: Sorry about the tires. Now that I don't have a house to park my boat at it makes me a little nervous to leave boat and truck outside :yuk:

Jyruiz
06-20-2006, 07:27 AM
Our Cali tweekers can't afford to drive to Havasu to mess with somebodys property....I'm going to have to go with some locals :rolleyes: Sorry about the tires. Now that I don't have a house to park my boat at it makes me a little nervous to leave boat and truck outside :yuk:
Maybe the Needles tweekers are carpooling. :)

sigepmock
06-20-2006, 07:53 AM
I got to hang out with some of the Havasu Low Lives yesterday afternoon in the DMV. Sitting there waiting to get called up and a whole gang of them roll in, must have been 10 people....all talking on cell phones.....F this and F that....louder than hell and no respect for anyone else there....after making a complete scene at the front counter they finally go back to the corner and start having a party.....yelling at each other.....airing out each others dirty laundry about STD's and so so is pregnant with so and so's kid.....turns out one of them needed a new ID so she could cash her state checks....they were all bored with nothing to do so they thought hey the AC works great at the DMV so they packed all 10 people in a borrowed car and headed down to make my already fun hour at the DMV even better....they even went as far as to start calling their friends and inviting them down to join them. I almost said something....but then I realized...they have nothing to lose...and I have a lot to lose .....they would just love to get into to ....it would be the most excitement they had all day.....and maybe if they were lucky I'd actually hurt one of them and then they could sue me......
I had to keep telling myself they're just not worth it.....finally one of them got a call ....and yells out...."Hey they're giving away free samples at the so and so....!!!" They all jump up and make a bee line for the door.....don't want to miss the free samples.
What I don't get is that they were all dressed in rags...duct taped flip flops and all...but every single one of them had the latest and greatest cell phone and we're racking up the minutes.....WTF!!!
Sorry here about the vandalism JW, Havasu really is getting to be a scary place lately.
Chris

jbtrailerjim
06-20-2006, 08:05 AM
John,
Sorry to here about your friends tires. That really sucks! It seems like things like this are becoming more common in Havasu and other places along the river.
This is just another reason why I'm done with Havasu and maybe the river all together. Way to many as*holes and dirt bags out at the river nowadays.

ThongMagnet
06-20-2006, 08:23 AM
You would think Havasu would have a few bait boat's setup to catch them. Like a child molester, they just can't stop until they get caught.
There is a big desert, Gag'm and drop'm off in the middle of the desert, naked and no shoes.

76ANTHONY
06-20-2006, 08:41 AM
tweakers.
aint that the truth, fricken thievin bastards out there are starting to move into palm desert and palm springs, :mad: :mad:

76ANTHONY
06-20-2006, 08:43 AM
I got to hang out with some of the Havasu Low Lives yesterday afternoon in the DMV. Sitting there waiting to get called up and a whole gang of them roll in, must have been 10 people....all talking on cell phones.....F this and F that....louder than hell and no respect for anyone else there....after making a complete scene at the front counter they finally go back to the corner and start having a party.....yelling at each other.....airing out each others dirty laundry about STD's and so so is pregnant with so and so's kid.....turns out one of them needed a new ID so she could cash her state checks....they were all bored with nothing to do so they thought hey the AC works great at the DMV so they packed all 10 people in a borrowed car and headed down to make my already fun hour at the DMV even better....they even went as far as to start calling their friends and inviting them down to join them. I almost said something....but then I realized...they have nothing to lose...and I have a lot to lose .....they would just love to get into to ....it would be the most excitement they had all day.....and maybe if they were lucky I'd actually hurt one of them and then they could sue me......
I had to keep telling myself they're just not worth it.....finally one of them got a call ....and yells out...."Hey they're giving away free samples at the so and so....!!!" They all jump up and make a bee line for the door.....don't want to miss the free samples.
What I don't get is that they were all dressed in rags...duct taped flip flops and all...but every single one of them had the latest and greatest cell phone and we're racking up the minutes.....WTF!!!
Sorry here about the vandalism JW, Havasu really is getting to be a scary place lately.
Chris
woooohooooo the dmv, sounds like a real cool place to hang... :idea: :rollside: :rollside:

HALLETT BOY
06-20-2006, 08:47 AM
sigepmock, you hit the nail on the head when you said they have nothing to lose...whats another hour or so down at the jail...they will be right back out after a few minutes...until the law enforcement in this country changes it's priority from seat belt violators to actually going after the people who really do commit the crimes, we are in for a rough ride ! The disparity between the haves and have-nots is getting greater, and when someone pulls into town with their jacked -up F 350 and 34 ft DCB, it's like waving a flag " here I am "
come get me !

SUBPRIME
06-20-2006, 08:50 AM
london bridge resort: I like staying there but for 3 bills a night and all the expensive toys/trailers that people bring to use while staying there you would think that they would get some security cameras installed in the parking lots????

RiverDave
06-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Chris
LMAO! Fockin Kids nowdays?
RD

sigepmock
06-20-2006, 09:02 AM
LMAO! Fockin Kids nowdays?
RD
Sad part was that two or three of them we're older than me(31), setting a real good example :yuk:

a catered life
06-20-2006, 10:06 AM
These kinds of things are happening more and more here. As I said in another post I would not leave my boat outside at night because of this problem. With growth comes crime but vandalizing just for the sake of doing it SUCKS, why would anybody want to do that :rolleyes: NSF
so where do you leave the boat?

Hustler
06-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Sad part was that two or three of them we're older than me(31), setting a real good example :yuk:
They really werent older. It's the meth that makes them look older. :rolleyes:

gqchris
06-20-2006, 10:35 AM
Last year at Nautical, we went to load the boat on the trailer after after a 4 day stay. Thought nothing of it, backed the trailer down the ramp, as I am driving the boat on, i notice the trailer Bunks start floating!! Someone had taken our screws out of the bunks!!!!! :mad: Luckily I always bring the trusty roll of duct tape, so here we are driving home with taped up bunks! But come on, WTF>>>>>>I guess someone decided they lost theres so hey, lets help oursleves to this great selection in the trailer parking lot! People have lost all respect nowadays for others things.

lawbreaker2
06-20-2006, 11:22 AM
Can't we just take them out to the desert and kick the crap out of them and shoot them in the knee caps and leave them there to find away home. :crossx:

MrsSigEpMock
06-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Can't we just take them out to the desert and kick the crap out of them and shoot them in the knee caps and leave them there to find away home. :crossx:
It is Arizona, we might be able to!!! :crossx:

HatenWinter
06-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Anyone ever see the "locals" out there??? They seem to all drive beat up early 1990's sedans, they drive about 50 mph on neighborhood streets, there are usually 3-4 people in each one, the windows are always rolled down (probably because the A/C quite years ago), and they are all smoking. I can see this probably a dozen times everytime we go somewhere. I swear sometimes I think it's Barstow on the water!!! They have alot to be jealous of thats for sure.

Brian
06-20-2006, 05:47 PM
Couple weeks ago I had my boat anchored off of Rotary beach for the afternoon while I was out on my buddy's Cheetah at the regatta. It's shallow there so the boat was out about 50' from shore. Apparently someone waded out there, boarded my boat, and grabbed a nice slalom ski out of the locker while we were gone. I suppose I should be thankful that the a$$hole didn't damage the boat, steal the GPS that was in the side storage pocket or the laptop PC that was up under the bow, or tear the stereo out while he was in there. :mad:

Jyruiz
06-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Couple weeks ago I had my boat anchored off of Rotary beach for the afternoon while I was out on my buddy's Cheetah at the regatta. It's shallow there so the boat was out about 50' from shore. Apparently someone waded out there, boarded my boat, and grabbed a nice slalom ski out of the locker while we were gone. I suppose I should be thankful that the a$$hole didn't damage the boat, steal the GPS that was in the side storage pocket or the laptop PC that was up under the bow, or tear the stereo out while he was in there. :mad:
Some times I think these thieves are watching and waiting for people to leave there stuff unattended.

Riomouse911
06-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Last year some friends were camping on the water and a few locals appeared in a cut-off Samurai and started doing donuts and such on the beach. When they tired of that, my friends went over and made peace with them with silver bullets and small talk. Their comments opened their eyes to the thought process of teens/20 somethings who live in isolated or backwater places with nothing to occupy their minds.
The consensus among the locals was they will come in and act like idiots to get a rise out of the "outsiders", hoping to piss them off. Then they will either jump them or wander off and throw rocks at their boats and vehicles and split. When asked why, one teen said something to the effect of, "We got nothing here. We live in hell, we have no jobs, and what'll happen to us? Jail? Big deal! A lot of folks come in with big boats and trucks and look down on us, like they're all great and we're scum. Those are the people we f**k with the most."
I guess that explains why this type of crap goes on. Not an excuse of course, but that's what these folks are sometimes thinking...

shadow
06-20-2006, 09:14 PM
Anyone ever see the "locals" out there??? They seem to all drive beat up early 1990's sedans, they drive about 50 mph on neighborhood streets, there are usually 3-4 people in each one, the windows are always rolled down (probably because the A/C quite years ago), and they are all smoking. I can see this probably a dozen times everytime we go somewhere. I swear sometimes I think it's Barstow on the water!!! They have alot to be jealous of thats for sure.
:rolleyes: LMAO
Funny how all this shit seems to happen in the summer and not the winter.
Guess all the local low life rest up all winter just to **** with the rich folk.
Let me cut a copy of the local police beat out next weekend or better yet next holiday weekend,then tell me where all the people getting arrested live.There is shit in every town so when you Stereotype locals.Some of us take offense.

voodoomedman
06-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Guess all the local low life rest up all winter just to **** with the rich folk.
Let me cut a copy of the local police beat out next weekend or next holiday weekend,then tell me where all the people getting arrested live.There is shit in every town so when you Stereotype locals.Some of us take offense.
I agree. Nobody that had this stuff happen to them actually caught the person doing it so how would they know if they were locals or not. Seems to me that it is just idiots no matter where they live. It also seems to be at places where idiots frequent. I.E. clubs and the channel and the like. Not that everybody that frequents those is scum just the scum frequents those places. That's why during the summer I will not park the car or truck on that side parking lot at LBR. We will park right in front of the hotel. On Saturday night for the regatta we were parked right outside the door of the convention center where the banquet was at. That side parking lot is where the crap happens mostly.

Magic34
06-20-2006, 09:27 PM
Let me cut a copy of the local police beat out next weekend or better yet next holiday weekend,then tell me where all the people getting arrested live.There is shit in every town so when you Stereotype locals.Some of us take offense.
Come on... Why do you think I sat next to you at lunch??? I knew that my boat was unattended so if I sat 2 chairs away, you couldn't pull any funny stuff.
You are like a double local too!!!! :crossx:

shadow
06-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Come on... Why do you think I sat next to you at lunch??? I knew that my boat was unattended so if I sat 2 chairs away, you couldn't pull any funny stuff.
You are like a double local too!!!! :crossx:
My scouts with the early 90's sedans with no a/c and the windows down saw you with me so you are safe. :)

Magic34
06-20-2006, 09:32 PM
My scouts with the early 90's sedans with no a/c and the windows down saw you with me so you are safe. :)
Cool, so I didn't need to order you the dirty sock drink for good measures???

shadow
06-20-2006, 09:34 PM
I agree. Nobody that had this stuff happen to them actually caught the person doing it so how would they know if they were locals or not. Seems to me that it is just idiots no matter where they live. It also seems to be at places where idiots frequent. I.E. clubs and the channel and the like. Not that everybody that frequents those is scum just the scum frequents those places. That's why during the summer I will not park the car or truck on that side parking lot at LBR. We will park right in front of the hotel. On Saturday night for the regatta we were parked right outside the door of the convention center where the banquet was at. That side parking lot is where the crap happens mostly.
Well said,and belive me i'd love to be the first one to catch one of these scum bags.No matter where they are from!

shadow
06-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Cool, so I didn't need to order you the dirty sock drink for good measures???
Please don't ever try to get me to drink one of those again. :rollside:
Alright bed time for me. :wink: Not! Really i'm going now to stalk some unsuspecting boats in parking lots. :)

Outnumbered
06-20-2006, 10:34 PM
Do you guys really believe that people from out of town in Havasu on vacation are stealing and vandalizing? Ya, there are some shitbags that come into town and like to start fights and cause trouble because they drank too much, but I doubt they are the ones doing all of this purely hateful stuff to boats and trucks.
Sorry if it offends any locals but it is quite obvious that its the local hater tweakers that are doing this stuff. Probably not the good people that live in the nice part of town where most HB peeps have weekend pads but most likely trailer trash that live out by the Golden Horseshoe or some other less-desireable part of town.
Its just like in Hawaii where the locals f uck with the tourists because they are jealous and stupid. Focken idiots don't have enough common sense to realize that the tourists support the economy.

Wake Havasu
06-21-2006, 12:37 AM
LHC has a crime factor that’s above the national average for theft and larceny.
It’s 1.05 of the avg.
Once at the Hampton Inn I spotted two on the far side of my boat at 2am.
From my room through the window I slowly swept across their foreheads with the laser from the G-22.
They left really fast and nothing happened to my boat or truck.

Outnumbered
06-21-2006, 12:42 AM
LHC has a crime factor that’s above the national average for theft and larceny.
It’s 1.05 of the avg.
Once at the Hampton Inn I spotted two on the far side of my boat at 2am.
From my room through the window I slowly swept across their foreheads with the laser from the G-22.
They left really fast and nothing happened to my boat or truck.
Nice!

Kilrtoy
06-21-2006, 12:42 AM
I have and the damn cops came QUICK, for the first time ever.... He was about to meet JESUS, instead he got 18 months in the state pen

Kilrtoy
06-21-2006, 12:47 AM
Chris
YOU ARE RIGHT ?
back in the day I would, if alone, tell them to shut it and deal with it from there.
But now, im older wiser, not by much, but deal with it
IT IS NOT WORTH IT ANYMORE

shadow
06-21-2006, 06:22 AM
Do you guys really believe that people from out of town in Havasu on vacation are stealing and vandalizing? Ya, there are some shitbags that come into town and like to start fights and cause trouble because they drank too much, but I doubt they are the ones doing all of this purely hateful stuff to boats and trucks.
Sorry if it offends any locals but it is quite obvious that its the local hater tweakers that are doing this stuff. .
Ya! i do belive theres asshole from out of town,In drunken stupers walking through parking lots on there way to wherever that slash tires and key vehicles.Ya i also belive there are local tweekers that are in parking lots around town stealing shit.I don't belive the tweekers have the energy just to go out on a jealous rage and key vehicles and slash tires.(Theres nothing in it for them).I bet that most of the shit that gets stolen from boats in the Nautical cove slide anchors,cd's,wallets,ice chests,life vests,etc. aint local tweekers either.They don't like to steal that close to crowds.Take a look around at the boat next to you .It's probablly not the boat owner but some non boater that came with them.I have personally witnessed that the last holiday weekend at Crazy Horse.Some dude got caught STEALING shit from a VEHICLE Got his ass beat and next thing you know all his homies came to retaliate.(all ended up in jail by the way)
If my memories serve me correct the last holiday weekend there were 237 arrests and 190 were from Cal,37 from Havasu,10 from other areas.
I'm not defending anyone,but don't be so blind to think it's just the local scum
that is jealous of your precious belongings thats lives for revenge.
Alot of the trouble in this town is imported. :)

FREIND OF AA AND TA
06-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Last year at Nautical, we went to load the boat on the trailer after after a 4 day stay. Thought nothing of it, backed the trailer down the ramp, as I am driving the boat on, i notice the trailer Bunks start floating!! Someone had taken our screws out of the bunks!!!!! :mad: Luckily I always bring the trusty roll of duct tape, so here we are driving home with taped up bunks! But come on, WTF>>>>>>I guess someone decided they lost theres so hey, lets help oursleves to this great selection in the trailer parking lot! People have lost all respect nowadays for others things.
I have heard of crazy shiat but that sucks so bad its almost funny!!! GD What next.

HatenWinter
06-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Shadow,
Definately not trying to offend anyone here. I own a house out there and spend a considerable amount of time there. The "locals" I'm referring to seem to speed all around the neighborhood even though it's a decent one and not on a main drag. It stands out everytime I see it because I don't see it here where I spend most of my time. Just making an observation...

2Driver
06-21-2006, 09:15 AM
I don't think they are native to Havasu. The River has always attracted a lot of WT. If you check I bet there are a lot of vacated mobile home parks in San Bernadino :D

HatenWinter
06-21-2006, 09:46 AM
I should retract the term "locals" from my statement. Im confidant that for ever "TWEAKER" in town there is at least 100 plus upstanding citizens that care about the city that they live in. I've been going Havasu for over 20 years with my family and now that I have a home there I see a side that I don't like and did not see often while staying at hotels in town. I'm sure that if you look at the arrests on a summer weekend and specifically a holiday weekend that out of towners are going to top the list. But, these arrests are probably going to be for DUI's, underage drinking, public drunkeness, and fighting. Not necessarily vandalism and theft like we are talking about. I don't think for a second that these crimes are largely committed by vacationers. Havasu is very unique because more than most places you have the "HAVES" and the "HAVE NOTS". There is definatley jealousy out there and that is what fuels alot of this behavior, not to mention the need to steal in order to by drugs. Yes, this does happen to some degree in every city, but it seems to be very prevelant there, or maybe we just pay closer attention to it because we like Havasu so much. Just my 2 cents! :)

Outnumbered
06-21-2006, 12:57 PM
...I'm sure that if you look at the arrests on a summer weekend and specifically a holiday weekend that out of towners are going to top the list. But, these arrests are probably going to be for DUI's, underage drinking, public drunkeness, and fighting. Not necessarily vandalism and theft like we are talking about. I don't think for a second that these crimes are largely committed by vacationers. Havasu is very unique because more than most places you have the "HAVES" and the "HAVE NOTS". There is definatley jealousy out there and that is what fuels alot of this behavior, not to mention the need to steal in order to by drugs...
Bingo...you beat me to it. BTW, I don't think anyone here is stating that all locals are bad...far from it. So, people don't get some damn offended so easy. There is no question that the river cities attract the tweakers. And regardless of where they came from, there are plenty there now. Just take a drive through some of the trailer villages in town and you will see the source of the trouble. They are not living in 3,000 sqft lakeview pads up on the hill.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-21-2006, 01:06 PM
Funny and true story.
My cousin works for LASD. He and another deputy were sitting in the back of an old van watching over a suspected chop shop. You couldn't see inside the van from the outside. Well, one of the local criminals decided that he really wanted the van. So he's standing next to it with a buddy of his and my cousin and his partner hear them, the criminals, talking about how they are going to break in and steal the van. Well, sure enough they get in the back door of the van and open it up to find two LASD deputies with their Berettas pointed right at them. Needless to say, criminals aren't smart and yes, they ended up going to jail.