PDA

View Full Version : Important, re: firemen who saved my son

Hardly Satisfied
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
For all of you who have read our story about our 2 1/2 year old son who went into full arrest on Friday June 9 at the Nautical Inn I wanted to post this information.
The two firemen who SAVED my sons life are being recognized at the Peoria, AZ City Hall on Wednesday, June 21st. If anyone is in the area it would be great if you could come by and help recognize two men who went out of their way on their vacation to help my son. My husband, son and I will be driving up to attend the ceremony, I hope that anyone who is available will also try to come.
If you want more info and/or are going to try to come, PM me and I will give you our cell numbers as we are leaving CA tomorrow night around 6pm.
Thanks,
Kathy

Tom Brown
06-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Wow. Beautiful men. :cool:

OutCole'd
06-19-2006, 07:39 PM
True HEROES !! I'm glad to hear they are going to be recognized for their efforts.

AZJD
06-19-2006, 07:50 PM
It is certainly something I will try to make..........I should be able to, but more than anything I am very glad to hear that your little one is safe!!!!!!!!!! I would fall apart if I lost mine!

ahhell
06-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Is your son OK??? if so, thank God and the fire dept.

Hardly Satisfied
06-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Is your son OK??? if so, thank God and the fire dept.
Thank GOD for the firemen is right. Just 72 hours after being in full arrest in the Nautical Cove my son was on his way home to CA with no permanent damage. Yipee for us!!!!!!!!

Hardly Satisfied
06-19-2006, 07:56 PM
It is certainly something I will try to make..........I should be able to, but more than anything I am very glad to hear that your little one is safe!!!!!!!!!! I would fall apart if I lost mine!
If you are able to make it, please try and introduce yourself to us. We have met some very nice people from this site.

TUNNEL T
06-19-2006, 07:58 PM
i love too hear stories like this! glad all is good TUNNEL T

HavasuSelect
06-19-2006, 07:59 PM
Thank GOD for the firemen is right. Just 72 hours after being in full arrest in the Nautical Cove my son was on his way home to CA with no permanent damage. Yipee for us!!!!!!!!
That is great news!!!!!!

tamalewagon
06-19-2006, 08:03 PM
I love to hear things like this. Thank God your son is well.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
06-19-2006, 08:04 PM
This is one of the best things I've heard in here in a while!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats to them............and I'm sooooo glad to hear your son is doing fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.Racer277
06-19-2006, 08:07 PM
True Heros :)
Great to hear a story with a happy ending.

Sotally Tober
06-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm glad to hear your son is OK. Wish I could be there to shake thier hands and meet your boy. Glad he is OK!

AZJD
06-19-2006, 08:16 PM
If you are able to make it, please try and introduce yourself to us. We have met some very nice people from this site.
Do you have an approxamate time?

OGShocker
06-19-2006, 08:16 PM
HS's,
We are so happy to hear things turned out so well!

Hardly Satisfied
06-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Duh!@!@!@!@
It will be at 10:00 am.

carreraelite
06-19-2006, 08:31 PM
It's great to hear that your son is doing well!! I'm guessing that they were Peoria Fire Fighters?? Is this going to be at the Peoria City Hall??

AZJD
06-19-2006, 08:37 PM
It's great to hear that your son is doing well!! I'm guessing that they were Peoria Fire Fighters?? Is this going to be at the Peoria City Hall??
Atleast mine was a valid question! Pleas read post #1 again............ :)
And I did get the oxy gone stuff but have had no time to use it! I will let you know!

Hardly Satisfied
06-19-2006, 08:43 PM
It is going to be at the Peoria City Hall. One works in Peoria and the other in Scottsdale but they are recognizing them both at the one ceremony. I can't wait to meet them under different circumstances.

carreraelite
06-19-2006, 08:47 PM
Atleast mine was a valid question! Pleas read post #1 again............ :)
And I did get the oxy gone stuff but have had no time to use it! I will let you know!
DOH!! I missed part of that!! :hammerhea

Riverkid
06-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Congratulations! You and your family are very lucky to have such skilled help nearby. These guys stepped up and made it right. I have a good friend in Vegas who is a Paramedic/Life Flight Medic and believe me, those guys do more good in one month then anyone else could do in a lifetime...
They truly are heroes. Our family hopes all the best for your son's full recovery. :)

phebus
06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
HS, what was it that caused your son to go into full arrest?

riverbound
06-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Was this from that ice chest/storage incident?? When I read your post I didnt think it was that serious.
Im glad your son made it through ok. I couldnt even imagine somehting like that happening to my kids.... I would be a wreck. :(

Miss Perfect
06-19-2006, 09:29 PM
Awesome news, I am so glad your son is going to be ok.

Hardly Satisfied
06-19-2006, 09:36 PM
HS, what was it that caused your son to go into full arrest?
My son got his head caught in the "built in ice chest" on the boat and cut off this oxygen and eventually everything in about 2-4 minutes. We do not use it as such though. If you want to read the whole story or get more details I have posted pictures in my thread "Attention Advantage Boat owners" and the story under "Little boy at the Nautical Inn on Friday 6/9/06" I am trying to get the word out about the potention danger that exists. I never would have thought he wasn't safe on the boat.

Hardly Satisfied
06-19-2006, 09:38 PM
Was this from that ice chest/storage incident?? When I read your post I didnt think it was that serious. :(
Yes it was. I guess I put more details under the warning to Advantage boat owners thread. It was such an emotional rollercoaster, I can't remember what I did.

Kilrtoy
06-19-2006, 09:41 PM
That is awesome, But what is even better is that your son is well and here with us... :boxed:

Throttle
06-19-2006, 09:54 PM
That is awesome, But what is even better is that your son is well and here with us... :boxed:
ditto Ed!
the best sound when I spoke to you the other nite on the phone was listening to the kids playin in the background! a very special fathers day weekend at home for you guys, good deal! c ya soon!

riverbound
06-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Yes it was. I guess I put more details under the warning to Advantage boat owners thread. It was such an emotional rollercoaster, I can't remember what I did.
I could imagine the roller coaster. I thought he was just stuck in there. I didnt know the severity. You must be so relieved that he is OK now.

MagicMtnDan
06-19-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm happy for you, your son and your family. It's always wonderful to hear good news around here since we always hear the bad.
Be grateful for everyday you have with your loved ones :cool:

Hardly Satisfied
06-20-2006, 08:08 AM
Again Thank you to everyone who has taken time to read about our story and if anybody can make it please introduce yourself.

lucky
06-20-2006, 09:02 AM
For all of you who have read our story about our 2 1/2 year old son who went into full arrest on Friday June 9 at the Nautical Inn I wanted to post this information.
The two firemen who SAVED my sons life are being recognized at the Peoria, AZ City Hall on Wednesday, June 21st. If anyone is in the area it would be great if you could come by and help recognize two men who went out of their way on their vacation to help my son. My husband, son and I will be driving up to attend the ceremony, I hope that anyone who is available will also try to come.
If you want more info and/or are going to try to come, PM me and I will give you our cell numbers as we are leaving CA tomorrow night around 6pm.
Thanks,
Kathy
Wow ---- How cool is that -- God was watching out for your son - sent a couple of angels ... Hats off - glad this is good news , Chris