PDA

View Full Version : TOO much wake

hallett21
06-19-2006, 10:03 PM
Hey maybe it b/c we drive a hallett vector, but im not an old man im 15, but this last trip (june19ish) i noticed alot of wake!! yeah i no its a weekend but i particularly saw these big rounded hull deckboats throwing these 3 ft. wakes!! Mayb its just me but im sick of these boats that arent even on plane so they throw huge wakes making the lake rougher. Seems to me that there underpowered. Watever the case doesnt seem to be fair to the little guzs on havasu. May not be just them but they dont help it at all. :mad:

h2oski2fast
06-19-2006, 10:09 PM
I agree, but get used to it..... It won't be getting any better. On a side note, Parker was great this weekend, I only got cut off by 20 or so Lake Lice. I personally think that people lose 90% of their IQ when they sign the sales contract when purchasing one of those piles of Sh!t.

dicudmore
06-19-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey maybe it b/c we drive a hallett vector, but im not an old man im 15, but this last trip (june19ish) i noticed alot of wake!! yeah i no its a weekend but i particularly saw these big rounded hull deckboats throwing these 3 ft. wakes!! Mayb its just me but im sick of these boats that arent even on plane so they throw huge wakes making the lake rougher. Seems to me that there underpowered. Watever the case doesnt seem to be fair to the little guzs on havasu. May not be just them but they dont help it at all. :mad:
it was a rough weekend for a lot of us...hell I thought it was rough and I'm in a 27' Cat :D
That's a nice Vector you have, I think I've seen it in the Channel a couple times...don't see many Vectors any more

hallett21
06-19-2006, 10:14 PM
I agree, but get used to it..... It won't be getting any better. On a side note, Parker was great this weekend, I only got cut off by 20 or so Lake Lice. I personally think that people lose 90% of their IQ when they sign the sales contract when purchasing one of those piles of Sh!t.
I agree for gods sake a fricken pontoon doesnt cause as much trouble as those things, at least a pontoon is slow, easy to pass, and DOesnt throw a wake

hallett21
06-19-2006, 10:15 PM
it was a rough weekend for a lot of us...hell I thought it was rough and I'm in a 27' Cat :D
That's a nice Vector you have, I think I've seen it in the Channel a couple times...don't see many Vectors any more
Thanks my dad has kept it clean from day one. hope i get that passed down to me

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2006, 01:05 AM
I agree for gods sake a fricken pontoon doesnt cause as much trouble as those things, at least a pontoon is slow, easy to pass, and DOesnt throw a wake
Where have you been? Times-a-change and we have to adapt. Wakethrowers are here to stay and have been for awhile. We'll deal with them just as we do the lake lice. Let's not kid ourselves though. I have seen my share of drunk ass or ignorant morons driving ***boats too. Case in point - It's not always the boat that's the problem. More often than not it's the driver.

HM
06-20-2006, 06:12 AM
.... I have seen my share of drunk ass or ignorant morons driving ***boats too.....
You really should leave RD out of this, otherwise he might go screaming like a little girl and break his arm.....again. :D
RD SUX

voodoomedman
06-20-2006, 06:21 AM
I don't think he's talking about Rollbar boats. Although they do suck when they beat you up when you and a bunch of other floaters are in the cove first.
Chapparels and the like have to big rounded deep V's and don't go very fast and make a ridiculous wake. It's not the drivers being idiots it's just the design of those things. It's like they are a combo between a planing hull and a displacement hull. They plow through the water and create silly wakes. There were a lot this weekend and I think they were a big part of the choppyness.

rodnjen
06-20-2006, 06:21 AM
It's all relative, 30 years ago big inboard v-drives through up a huge wake compared to a lot of the outboards and small stern drives that ran on Parker. I don't like it eithter, but not much can be done. People could and should be more aware of how they are driving and how it affects the people around them. A little common courtesy would go a long way.

STV_Keith
06-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Man, I feel ya. My STV doesn't like the rough stuff either:
http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/willow_12-19/images/DSCN3119.jpg
So I had to pick up a Havasu (and Mead and Powell, etc) boat:
http://www.jtinc.com/Las%20Vegas%20Hot%20Boat%2006/Run%202/images/LVHB06_RS_0317.jpg
Unfortunately, it seems to be the only way to not get beat up down there.

phebus
06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Keith, that thing is aired out, and looking good!!!

hallett21
06-20-2006, 09:40 AM
Man, I feel ya. My STV doesn't like the rough stuff either:
http://www.speedcraving.com/stv/willow_12-19/images/DSCN3119.jpg
So I had to pick up a Havasu (and Mead and Powell, etc) boat:
http://www.jtinc.com/Las%20Vegas%20Hot%20Boat%2006/Run%202/images/LVHB06_RS_0317.jpg
Unfortunately, it seems to be the only way to not get beat up down there.
We've been thinking the same but we have looked at the 27 ft range but prices are pretty high. its hard to find a boat that u can afford the hull and power behind it

hallett21
06-20-2006, 09:42 AM
I like the people at the sandbar in Parker that are at full throttle before they clear the last row of anchored boats. :mad:
I totalyy agree, just common curticy and knowledge that going fast makes a lesser wake for people who are just hanging out

hallett21
06-20-2006, 09:44 AM
Where have you been? Times-a-change and we have to adapt. Wakethrowers are here to stay and have been for awhile. We'll deal with them just as we do the lake lice. Let's not kid ourselves though. I have seen my share of drunk ass or ignorant morons driving ***boats too. Case in point - It's not always the boat that's the problem. More often than not it's the driver.
Its true that its not just the hulls and mayb we need to also look at not only the idiots who r drunk but the ones who buy a 30 ft. hb and dnt know how to run it. The worst is the drunk guy who cant opperate the bpat in the first place!!

HM
06-20-2006, 09:52 AM
Its true that its not just the hulls and mayb we need to also look at not only the idiots who r drunk but the ones who buy a 30 ft. hb and dnt know how to run it. The worst is the drunk guy who cant opperate the bpat in the first place!!
C'mon now, everyone knows RD drives better drunk than most people do when they are sober.

STV_Keith
06-20-2006, 09:59 AM
We've been thinking the same but we have looked at the 27 ft range but prices are pretty high. its hard to find a boat that u can afford the hull and power behind it
Well, it depends on what you want. There are some older boats that aren't as crazy priced out there, you just have to look for them. And if you want to try to bling like the guys with the DCB's, Hallett's, etc, then you are going to pay.

STV_Keith
06-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Keith, that thing is aired out, and looking good!!!
Thanks Phebus. It's a great shot, so I'm going to get a poster of it, but we were only cruising about 35mph. He just caught us just coming off the peak of a small roller. :)

hallett21
06-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks Phebus. It's a great shot, so I'm going to get a poster of it, but we were only cruising about 35mph. He just caught us just coming off the peak of a small roller. :)
yeah mayb well look into that, if its the same quality and the same power then i have no problem. by the way both your boats look awesome

STV_Keith
06-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks!

Havasu1986
06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
[QUOTE=hallett21]Hey maybe it b/c we drive a hallett vector, but im not an old man im 15
You may want to delete that part before big brother finds out.