PDA

View Full Version : Daycare in Rancho Cucamonga???

sigepmock
01-05-2006, 03:40 PM
Alright I know a few of you folks are local so what can you recomend? My wife is going back to work Feb 1 2006 and we need to find a good daycare provider by then. This is our first child and it's tough to tell which facilites are really good and which ones can put on a good show. Any recomendations in the Rancho Cucamonga or nearby areas? We are open to licensed homecare or daycare facilties.
Thanks,
Chris

havaduner
01-05-2006, 03:53 PM
You might be cutting it close, trying to find a day care now, as many have waiting lists.Both my kids went to Mountain Green day care, in Upland. Several of our friends have kids there now, and all seem to be happy.

Never Satisfied
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
How old is your kid?

Lavey29
01-05-2006, 03:54 PM
I am in Rancho also and we have been taking our 2 year old to Gymboree on Milliken and Baseline,,,this is just a fun place for the kids for an hour,,,there is a day care place right next to it that my wife has checked out and thinks is very nice but your kid needs to be potty trained to be eligible for the service,,, looks like a nice day care place,,,cant remember the name right now though....

jbtrailerjim
01-05-2006, 04:02 PM
Sorry I don't know anyone in that area but man I feel for you. It's tough finding a daycare place you and the wife will feel comfortable with. My wife and I lucked out and the in home daycare we use she used to watch my sisters kids. So we were comfortable with her. Good luck and be carefull who you choose. Make sure and check them out really good.
Oh, and be prepared for your wife to be an emotional wreck her first week back to work. It was really tough on my wife with both of our boy's.

sigepmock
01-05-2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the help so far. Lauren is 2 1/2 months old. I hear ya about the waiting lists, we're just looking for recomendations. We had a place in Corona that would have been great, it was highly recomended and close to my wifes office but her company is moving the office to Mira Loma now so we are scrambling to find a good place close to home.
Thanks again for the help and I have a feeling we're both going to be a wreck that first couple of weeks.. :cry:
Chris

Never Satisfied
01-05-2006, 04:12 PM
2.5 months is younger then I was thinking. My wife used to work at a preschool/daycare in Alta Loma that is suposed to be pretty good from what I'm told, but proably too young though, sorry!

essexjet
01-05-2006, 04:24 PM
Chris let me ask Nathan at the office he has a one year old and live close to you in Rancho. I'll let you know.

hottrodder
01-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Never Satisfied- I'm in Alta Loma and my wife has an interview next week. I've got a 4 year old in pre K and she can stay after school for a little extra so she's covered. But my 7 year old in K needs daycare from 2:30-6:00. What's the name of the place your wife worked at?

sigepmock
01-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Chris let me ask Nathan at the office he has a one year old and live close to you in Rancho. I'll let you know.
Thanks James but I think he said his mom in law watches his kids and she didn't want anymore, but let me know if I'm wrong.
PS We need to go meet with Dave and get that truck dialed in on the new tunes.
Chris

essexjet
01-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks James but I think he said his mom in law watches his kids and she didn't want anymore, but let me know if I'm wrong.
PS We need to go meet with Dave and get that truck dialed in on the new tunes.
Chris
Yes we do, I just a little gun shy since yesturday was my last day at Boeing :cry:
His wife said there is one off of Victoria but will ask and look around. Yes his Mom-in-law looks after Emily but they come from a big family and know alot about day care in your area.

coorslt4u2
01-05-2006, 04:38 PM
Alright I know a few of you folks are local so what can you recomend? My wife is going back to work Feb 1 2006 and we need to find a good daycare provider by then. This is our first child and it's tough to tell which facilites are really good and which ones can put on a good show. Any recomendations in the Rancho Cucamonga or nearby areas? We are open to licensed homecare or daycare facilties.
Thanks,
Chris
Call 909-944-8878 ask for lisa, she runs here own day care out of her home.
My kids go there and she is great, she is near foothill and hermosa, in rancho

Never Satisfied
01-05-2006, 04:47 PM
Never Satisfied- I'm in Alta Loma and my wife has an interview next week. I've got a 4 year old in pre K and she can stay after school for a little extra so she's covered. But my 7 year old in K needs daycare from 2:30-6:00. What's the name of the place your wife worked at?
Highland Christian, just north of 210 on east of Archibald.

sigepmock
01-05-2006, 09:04 PM
Thanks for all the great info. Coorslt we'll give her a call.
James thanks for looking for us and congrats on the move. I'm sure it will work out, but I know how you feel, it's always scary leaving and taking a chance but like I said I'm sure it will work out for you.
Chris

sigepmock
01-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Call 909-944-8878 ask for lisa, she runs here own day care out of her home.
My kids go there and she is great, she is near foothill and hermosa, in rancho
No Lisa at that number. :frown: Thanks for the help though.
Chris