PDA

View Full Version : 709.65 cell phone bill

Windy
06-20-2006, 02:13 PM
Damn teenagers. :eek:

Havasu_Dreamin
06-20-2006, 02:14 PM
WOW! Someone would be losing her cell phone priviliges real quick for a pre-determined amount of time. And then I think I'd move them over to a pre-paid one.

Desert Rat
06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
Make them get a job and find out how hard it is to earn $700 :argue:

Windy
06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
WOW! Someone would be losing her cell phone priviliges real quick for a pre-determined amount of time. And then I think I'd move them over to a pre-paid one.
Shes done...not to mention we have free mobile to mobile.

HavasuSelect
06-20-2006, 02:18 PM
I dont think I could get that big of a bill if I tried!

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-20-2006, 02:19 PM
WOW!!!!!! That is crazy! I hate talking on the phone but I seem to recall being a talk-a-holic when I was a teen. thankfully no cels back then otherwise I would have been in trouble. :boxed:

Jordy
06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
WOW!!! The worst I've ever had, and this was 10+years ago back with the old permanent mount phone in my truck was like $350 and I was working out of town so the roaming charges were out of control. I don't know that I could rack up that kind of bill now if I wanted to and I'm on the phone all the time. :idea:

Windy
06-20-2006, 02:21 PM
WOW!!!!!! That is crazy! I hate talking on the phone but I seem to recall being a talk-a-holic when I was a teen. thankfully no cels back then otherwise I would have been in trouble. :boxed:
Remember the nite I took her to sushi with us..the phone was glued to her head.

Windy
06-20-2006, 02:22 PM
Make them get a job and find out how hard it is to earn $700 :argue:
She is getting her first job this year...she just turned 17.

djunkie
06-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I didn't think the battery would live long enough to rack up that bill. Well unless shes got it on the charger 24/7.

Windy
06-20-2006, 02:26 PM
I didn't think the battery would live long enough to rack up that bill. Well unless shes got it on the charger 24/7.
Oh yeah...she keeps telling us she needs a new phone cause her phone keeps dying on her..AND she has two batteries for her phone.

Magic34
06-20-2006, 02:26 PM
Damn teenagers. :eek:
Damn... That was a hell of a lot of talking. I am always on my cell, use about 5000 minutes a month, and am under $300.
Here is something to try....
I am assuming that she was on an average plan, but used way too much and the 25 cents per minute just added up.
Try calling the cell phone company, and saying that you wanted to try to get on a better plan, and that you simply were not prepared for a $700 bill. Switch your plan to a $250/month plan or something and see if they can rerun what the bill would have been if you had been on that plan instead. They can easily do this if you are nice on the phone and insist on a better plan to help with "all the biz you will be doing with them." Dont tell them that it was your daughter who did it and the phone is gone. This is for you and your important business you conduct.
Then, switch the plan back a month later, or make her pay the $200+ a month.

JetBoatRich
06-20-2006, 02:31 PM
calling outside her plan :mad:
my kids do ok, now and then they exceed :mad:
I average around 5,000 minutes a month, sure glad it is free :)

Ziggy
06-20-2006, 02:31 PM
No, you first. No, you hang up first....tee-hee....I love you so now you hang up first. No, I love you more, hang up now ok...(silence) giggle, ok, I'm gonna hang up now(more silence).........and so on, and so on.....
LOL, those were the days :rolleyes: :p
Windy, I envision a white room with labcoat folks watching the teen in the center talk it up, chew gum, blow bubbles, stretch her gum with her fingers...
And to think I get pissed for 5 bucks over my baseline limit :D :D

Windy
06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Damn... That was a hell of a lot of talking. I am always on my cell, use about 5000 minutes a month, and am under $300.
Here is something to try....
I am assuming that she was on an average plan, but used way too much and the 25 cents per minute just added up.
Try calling the cell phone company, and saying that you wanted to try to get on a better plan, and that you simply were not prepared for a $700 bill. Switch your plan to a $250/month plan or something and see if they can rerun what the bill would have been if you had been on that plan instead. They can easily do this if you are nice on the phone and insist on a better plan to help with "all the biz you will be doing with them." Dont tell them that it was your daughter who did it and the phone is gone. This is for you and your important business you conduct.
Then, switch the plan back a month later, or make her pay the $200+ a month.
Thanks for the info...she and I share a family plan of 3000 minutes with free nites and weekends...we are usually ok with this plan. I talked to T-Mobile last nite and they were very helpful.

Jordy
06-20-2006, 02:33 PM
I talked to T-Moblie last nite and they were very helpful.
I'm sure they were. I'm guessing it was something like, "Thanks, we look forward to your prompt payment, oh, and tell your daughter to put the @#*(%$@ phone down this month!!!" :D :D :D

Magic34
06-20-2006, 02:36 PM
calling outside her plan :mad:
Hey, Where'd you get a cobb salad??? Ahhhhhh!!!!

Magic34
06-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the info...she and I share a family plan of 3000 minutes with free nites and weekends...we are usually ok with this plan. I talked to T-Moblie last nite and they were very helpful.
These companies will bend over backwards for those customers who average over $100/month in cell phone bills. They also take in account how long you have been a customer.

MrsSigEpMock
06-20-2006, 02:39 PM
I don't know if this is what she does but....
Texting and Pics = $$$ on most plans. You may want to consider not allowing it on her new plan, or PPD like everyone suggests! Good Luck! I remember gas money was the item us teens couldn't afford!

KineticoH20
06-20-2006, 02:39 PM
976 ***boat

RitcheyRch
06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
My daughter uses tons of cell phone minutes and text messages. Thankfully her Mother pays the bill. A few months ago my daughter used 4500 minutes and 5000 text messages. I'm just thankful I dont pay the bill.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
06-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Damn 1-900-numbers:D

Havasu1986
06-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Ask her Can you hear me now

Windy
06-20-2006, 03:01 PM
I'm sure they were. I'm guessing it was something like, "Thanks, we look forward to your prompt payment, oh, and tell your daughter to put the @#*(%$@ phone down this month!!!" :D :D :D
HA...exactly

Bense468
06-20-2006, 03:03 PM
We had a 6,256 bill for one month for one of my sales guys doing business in Mexico.

Havasu47
06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
Hi Windy,
Here's what we did. "your plan costs us such and such $$ per month and you get so many minutes, anything over that and it comes out of your pocket" end of discussion.
Oh, and if you talk on that phone while we are at the dinner table or in front of company, it's gone!!! :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
06-20-2006, 03:30 PM
YIKES!
Sorry to hear about the bill Windy. Dang I thought I talked alot. :)

AZJD
06-20-2006, 03:31 PM
I didn't read this whole thread because I am lazy so I may be telling you something you have already heard, but the squeeky wheel always gets the grease.....complain enough to the phone company and entice them with a plan extension and they will budge a little on the bill. Also being that she is 17, texting probably had a lot to do with that bill.....it is extremely expensive if you don't have a text plan!

Jordy
06-20-2006, 03:35 PM
Dang I thought I talked alot. :)
It's not so much that you talk alot, it's the fact that you can't keep a secret that got you the Ms. Mouth nickname, Tell-a-Dia. :D :D :D

Havasu Doug
06-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Oh yeah...she keeps telling us she needs a new phone cause her phone keeps dying on her..AND she has two batteries for her phone.
Wow! It's been a year already since she got that? It seems like just yesterday. :)
P.S. I think we are due for another beach party. :)