PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Deck Boats

copterzach
06-20-2006, 03:47 PM
I am interested in knowing how people feel about these boats. How do they handle? Ride? :argue:

Jyruiz
06-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Depends on the size and where you are going to use it. Ultra makes a damn fine boat though so you will only hear good things about them.

riverroyal
06-20-2006, 03:53 PM
time,hook up for a test ride!!

Magic34
06-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I am interested in knowing how people feel about these boats. How do they handle? Ride? :argue:
I have a 34' cat, and the new 26' deckboat was next to me for about 10 miles in 2 foot chop all the way to Havasu springs.. Handled it very well.

Johnwithjm
06-20-2006, 03:58 PM
The new 26 deck handles the Havasu chop very well. It was pretty rough out there last weekend for our regatta and the 26 deck ran very well. There were alot of people from the boards that got demo rides I am sure they will give you there input.

voodoomedman
06-20-2006, 03:59 PM
I just rode in the 26 deck on Saturday in the nasty chop this weekend. It was smooth. It felt like floating on air. No leans into turns or anything. I will say that it is the first time I've ever ridden in a Cat (Other than the big on to Catalina) so I don't have other cat's to compare it too. As far as quality of construction, Ultra is a very well built boat. Customer service is arguably the best in the industry as well as the gelcoat.

shippingguy
06-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Like everyone has said previously the new 26 Deckboat handles the big water Havasu has with no problems. I was giving demo rides in the boat all weekend and everyone I gave a ride to walked away very excited with the handling performance of the boat. I logged around 6 hours of driving time with this boat.

Danhercules
06-20-2006, 05:31 PM
I got the 21 footer ( the TPR verson) and I was in Havasu this weekend. It was too rough for me, but it was way rough. I did get through it just nice and slow. I could have NEVER done it in my 18 jet.
We were in Parker on Sunday and the wink kicked up and there was some nice chop, laided into it and could not feel thing. Love my new boat!!!

dicudmore
06-20-2006, 08:27 PM
being the same bottom as the 27' Shadow I would have to say it handles VERY well :cool:

DEMOMAN
06-20-2006, 08:32 PM
The new 26 deck rode very smooth on our test drive this past weekend. Thanks again to ShippingGuy and Ultra28 for getting up early on Sunday and taking our family out on the water.

shippingguy
06-20-2006, 08:40 PM
The new 26 deck rode very smooth on our test drive this past weekend. Thanks again to ShippingGuy and Ultra28 for getting up early on Sunday and taking our family out on the water.
No problem at all. I was happy to do it. It is such a fun boat to drive. It was a pleasure meeting you and your family. Glad we got that life vest thing figured out! :rollside:

dicudmore
06-20-2006, 08:48 PM
what a life that shippingguy has...
driving around in somebody elses boat all weekend, on somebody elses gas bill, giving demo rides, etc. Not to mention MrsShippingguy (if you need something done at Ultra boats call HER :cool: )
Mike when you 2 coming back out to the 'zoo??

shippingguy
06-20-2006, 08:52 PM
what a life that shippingguy has...
driving around in somebody elses boat all weekend, on somebody elses gas bill, giving demo rides, etc. Not to mention MrsShippingguy (if you need something done at Ultra boats call HER :cool: )
Mike when you 2 coming back out to the 'zoo??
Yeah I must say I was lucky. The only problem is after driving the 27 on Friday with the Teague 800 I think when I meet with JW tomorrow it is going to be a little more expensive than I thought :rollside: We should be back for Fourth of July. We will have to do another Springs run and Chilis dinner. We had a great time. I will PM you tomorrow night when after JW and I meet.

voodoomedman
06-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Yeah I must say I was lucky. The only problem is after driving the 27 on Friday with the Teague 800 I think when I meet with JW tomorrow it is going to be a little more expensive than I thought :rollside: We should be back for Fourth of July. We will have to do another Springs run and Chilis dinner. We had a great time. I will PM you tomorrow night when after JW and I meet.
It may be expensive but not as expensive as it would be for us folk not married to Holly. :yuk:

shippingguy
06-20-2006, 08:57 PM
It may be expensive but not as expensive as it would be for us folk not married to Holly. :yuk:
I think it actually ends up costing more that way :D

voodoomedman
06-20-2006, 09:01 PM
I think it actually ends up costing more that way :D
True but all I have is a 24 Stealth with a 496 Mag :cry:

dicudmore
06-20-2006, 10:50 PM
True but all I have is a 24 Stealth with a 496 Mag :cry:
we all started somewhere...
PS, I have it on pretty good authority that shippingguy also had a 24' Stealth prior to this nice 27' that should currently be on its way EAST :220v:
http://www.ultraboats.com/admin/images/333.jpg

voodoomedman
06-21-2006, 05:59 AM
PS, I have it on pretty good authority that shippingguy also had a 24' Stealth prior to this nice 27' that should currently be on its way EAST :220v:
I know I know. I love my boat. Some people just have a bayliner. Some people don't have a boat at all. I'm just kidding around with Mike.

shippingguy
06-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Yep. As a matter of fact my 24 had the same colors as your new 27 and was also a closed bow. The new owner picked up the 27 on Saturday at the hotel and headed back to South Carolina.

MrsSigEpMock
06-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Soory, back on topic, copterzach, you can't go wrong with any Ultra boat, they are built increbly well and John and crew will stand behind every boat that they build...
Very true! Absolutely great customer service and appreciation!!! :rollside:
Young Family clientel and atmosphere plus no specific foot garments or drinking regimine required!!! :crossx: Tell them Chris Mock sent ya!!! :p

Todd969
06-21-2006, 08:28 AM
I want a PM also buddy. Dana says we aren't going to Chili's but would rather BBQ dinner at our house. Plan on that.

shippingguy
06-21-2006, 08:31 AM
I want a PM also buddy. Dana says we aren't going to Chili's but would rather BBQ dinner at our house. Plan on that.
Will do. Sounds great. Keep ya posted.

dicudmore
06-21-2006, 05:30 PM
still waiting :cool:

shippingguy
06-21-2006, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE=dicudmore]still waiting :cool:[/QUOTE
Twin 350 Mags. Should run good :D Just kidding JW twisted my arm. I went with the Teague 800. I am pretty stoked.

shippingguy
06-21-2006, 05:59 PM
I told Holly this, but she had one condition and that is if either you or Dana can make a rasberry margarita as good as Chilis.

dicudmore
06-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I told Holly this, but she had one condition and that is if either you or Dana can make a rasberry margarita as good as Chilis.
those 2 can mix some pretty good drinks :cool:

dicudmore
06-21-2006, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=dicudmore]still waiting :cool:[/QUOTE
Twin 350 Mags. Should run good :D Just kidding JW twisted my arm. I went with the Teague 800. I am pretty stoked.
YOU SIR ARE A BALLER :cool: :cool:
congrats, both of ya :D
and the drawings are not here yet because?? :idea: :cool: :p

shippingguy
06-21-2006, 06:11 PM
YOU SIR ARE A BALLER :cool: :cool:
congrats, both of ya :D
and the drawings are not here yet because?? :idea: :cool: :p
I am not a baller whatsoever. Thank you very much. I cannot wait till it is done so we can finally get together and actually do that Topock run we have been talking about for a loooooonnngg time!! JW says to give him a couple days to come up with something. I am sure once he puts the pen and pencil to the paper it will eb another JW Masterpiece. By the way thank you so much for the HOT SAUCE that stuff is unreal!!! I brought the 26 home and it had not been wiped down the whole weekend and I did it yesterday in the 90 degree heat and it came out beautiful!!
HOT SAUCE IS A MUST HAVE. Again thanks TODD and DAN!!! Can't wait to use it on the new 27 :)

dicudmore
06-21-2006, 06:14 PM
I am not a baller whatsoever. Thank you very much. I cannot wait till it is done so we can finally get together and actually do that Topock run we have been talking about for a loooooonnngg time!! JW says to give him a couple days to come up with something. I am sure once he puts the pen and pencil to the paper it will eb another JW Masterpiece. By the way thank you so much for the HOT SAUCE that stuff is unreal!!! I brought the 26 home and it had not been wiped down the whole weekend and I did it yesterday in the 90 degree heat and it came out beautiful!!
HOT SAUCE IS A MUST HAVE. Again thanks TODD and DAN!!! Can't wait to use it on the new 27 :)
yeah I'm sure it will be nice, and unfortunately another piece for Magic to copy :220v:
Can't wait to see what he comes up with :D

shippingguy
06-21-2006, 06:22 PM
yeah I'm sure it will be nice, and unfortunately another piece for Magic to copy :220v:
Can't wait to see what he comes up with :D
I sure hope not, but it will be out of my control. I will keep you posted.

dicudmore
06-21-2006, 06:50 PM
I sure hope not, but it will be out of my control. I will keep you posted.
:cool: :cool:

Purple23xs
06-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Congratulations on the new ride. That's going to be an amazing boat that will do it all. Ultra looks, the ride of a 27 Shadow and will tap on tripple digits. Kool. I want to thank you again for helping me get the all rolling on the 26, which I am picking up tomorrow. Talked to JW earlier and were on. CMI's, yes. We're going to do it. Hopefully in the next few weeks, we can meet up and go boating. I'm excited about the new boat. Kinda like a kid at Christmas. Thanks again, and say to Mrs B

Purple23xs
06-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I picked my first taste of Hot Sauce at the Pomona show. After my first use I ordered 2 more gallons. An amazing product BTW Vinyl Sause is great too. (I haven't tried the Transom Sauce yet)
JohnnyMO

shippingguy
06-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Congratulations on the new ride. That's going to be an amazing boat that will do it all. Ultra looks, the ride of a 27 Shadow and will tap on tripple digits. Kool. I want to thank you again for helping me get the all rolling on the 26, which I am picking up tomorrow. Talked to JW earlier and were on. CMI's, yes. We're going to do it. Hopefully in the next few weeks, we can meet up and go boating. I'm excited about the new boat. Kinda like a kid at Christmas. Thanks again, and say to Mrs B
Thank you very much we are definitely excited. Your welcome on helping you out with the 26 that s what friends are for. Those CMI's will be sweet. Looks like we will be back to the usual running with you from Jack Smith hopefull mid Sep. This weekend is going to be your best trip of the year. Call me after you get off the water!

Todd969
06-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Hell yes I can!!! I even have pomegranete and mango mix.

shippingguy
06-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Sounds good!!

Purple23xs
06-22-2006, 09:32 AM
Thank you very much we are definitely excited. Your welcome on helping you out with the 26 that s what friends are for. Those CMI's will be sweet. Looks like we will be back to the usual running with you from Jack Smith hopefull mid Sep. This weekend is going to be your best trip of the year. Call me after you get off the water!
Looking forward to it. I will call you.
Thanks again
PS I created a new user ID that I will be using from now on
ULTRA26 #1

shippingguy
06-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Looking forward to it. I will call you.
Thanks again
PS I created a new user ID that I will be using from now on
ULTRA26 #1
Very cool. Yeah Holly said the other night, "He needs to change his board name now." Talk with ya later. The boards are addicting!!

ULTRA26 # 1
06-22-2006, 09:58 AM
Very cool. Yeah Holly said the other night, "He needs to change his board name now." Talk with ya later. The boards are addicting!!
Is Holly working in SD today?

pm069
06-22-2006, 10:43 AM
WTF Todd all the times I've ben to your places, the closest thing to an mixed drink I've ever had was the Egg Nog... Oh yea. You ALWAYS have some beer for me to drink, partake, consume, devour, and make space in your fridge for more! My bad. Thanks again. :)

shippingguy
06-22-2006, 10:46 AM
Is Holly working in SD today?
Yes sir.

ULTRA26 # 1
06-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Mr B & JW
Just got back from a late river ride in the new 26. While it hasn't seen the super rough stuff yet (that's tomorrow), the boat rides amazing. The mid range is real good, it planes fast for a cat, and sound hot. With 4 of us a both side full, the boat had no problem nailing 72+ on the speedo, quickly. It had more. Looking forward to Sat morn. We'll be headed to the river at 8:00 a.m. and probabally make an early day. It was 118 when I launched the boat at 5:30 Without my misters, (which I won't do until after the stereo) it was HOT!!! THe boat is a performer, no doubt. Call you guys tomorrow
JohnnyMo

shippingguy
06-24-2006, 01:59 PM
Mr B & JW
Just got back from a late river ride in the new 26. While it hasn't seen the super rough stuff yet (that's tomorrow), the boat rides amazing. The mid range is real good, it planes fast for a cat, and sound hot. With 4 of us a both side full, the boat had no problem nailing 72+ on the speedo, quickly. It had more. Looking forward to Sat morn. We'll be headed to the river at 8:00 a.m. and probabally make an early day. It was 118 when I launched the boat at 5:30 Without my misters, (which I won't do until after the stereo) it was HOT!!! THe boat is a performer, no doubt. Call you guys tomorrow
JohnnyMo
Congrats John. I am very happy for you. I cannot wait for our new 27 to be ready so we can hit the water with you again.

Sunburn
06-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Mr B & JW
JohnnyMo
Any chance we can see some pics of this new boat, especially the interior layout? I am really interested!

shippingguy
06-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Any chance we can see some pics of this new boat, especially the interior layout? I am really interested!
Go to www.jtinc.com and click on the Ultra Regatta. Then click on RUNNING SHOTS. You will see a bunch from the helicopter.

voodoomedman
06-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Go to www.jtinc.com and click on the Ultra Regatta. Then click on RUNNING SHOTS. You will see a bunch from the helicopter.
Keep in mind that there will be three different inner liners and also that if you want it and it can be done I do believe John would do it.

shippingguy
06-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Keep in mind that there will be three different inner liners and also that if you want it and it can be done I do believe John would do it.
Yeah. There are going to be a few different options. John and I talked about it alot at the regatta. There are going to be some nice options in the interior that is for sure.