PDA

View Full Version : Indian fireworks??

me4drvr
06-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Does anyone know where to get good fireworks out in Havi, BHC, Laughlin area?? I got some before at the Indian stand north of Vegas before and they were awesome. Would like to just bring some home for my own display when I come home on the 3rd from the area. KABOOM!!

Riomouse911
06-20-2006, 06:59 PM
The Avi Hotel has the world famous gas station, smoke shop, mini-mart and fireworks stand all rolled together.... One of the few places I can think of where you can gas up, drink up, light up, and blow up all at the same time.

Moneypitt
06-20-2006, 07:35 PM
The Avi Hotel has the world famous gas station, smoke shop, mini-mart and fireworks stand all rolled together.... One of the few places I can think of where you can gas up, drink up, light up, and blow up all at the same time.
Yeah nice shop there, But if you go back into Az they're illegal to possess, same if you head to Ca. Signs at both ends of the road tell you fireworks are illegal. (I don't know about Nevada), but be careful where you load/haul them, and even more so where you light them...........MP

98 Vector 21
06-20-2006, 07:50 PM
AVI is the place!

hairysituation
06-20-2006, 08:17 PM
Does anyone know where to get good fireworks out in Havi, BHC, Laughlin area?? I got some before at the Indian stand north of Vegas before and they were awesome. Would like to just bring some home for my own display when I come home on the 3rd from the area. KABOOM!!
U want a KABOOM! Acetylene in a trash bag,thats a KABOOM!

All IN
06-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Avi's smokeshop is amazing. I walkedd out last year with over $1000 worth of fireworks.

No Name
06-20-2006, 09:12 PM
You’ve got to love a one stop shop like that. :)

BajaMike
06-20-2006, 09:30 PM
Well, I know a little place in Tennesee just across the border from Alabama, I think it's Red Devil manufacturing plant and roadside dealership. You have to be some kind of business, car dealer, aircraft FBO, store owner, just have a business license, it's all wholesale, but great prices and great KABOOMs..... :idea:
But it is a bit of a drive from Havasu...:confused:

me4drvr
06-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Tennesse has a fireworks stand at every offramp, I remember driving from Nashville to somewhere in the Smokeymountain, near Dollyville, every ramp had fireworks!! Just had to look past the "who's the daddy billboards".
My neighbor takes a 3/4" pipe, packs it in the ground, then pack simple gun powder (Turner's house brand) into the pipe, lights some fuse from the bottom, and holy crap is that a KABOOM, pounds the pipe a good 10" into the ground.

Phat Matt
06-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Tennesse has a fireworks stand at every offramp, I remember driving from Nashville to somewhere in the Smokeymountain, near Dollyville, every ramp had fireworks!! Just had to look past the "who's the daddy billboards".
My neighbor takes a 3/4" pipe, packs it in the ground, then pack simple gun powder (Turner's house brand) into the pipe, lights some fuse from the bottom, and holy crap is that a KABOOM, pounds the pipe a good 10" into the ground.
Also known as pipe bombs. :)

me4drvr
06-20-2006, 10:37 PM
Those friggin ex-marines, playing dumb as he blows up the neighborhood!

Riomouse911
06-21-2006, 12:45 AM
I think thats a two, four or six year sentence if you have one of those in your possession in a public place...Sounds cool, but I'll pass...
Oh, and Secondplace has a great story about his friends dad blowing the windows out of a motorhome with a pile of acetyline filled trash bags and a blasting cap.. I'll try to get him to tell it...

JetBoatRich
06-21-2006, 04:24 AM
I always try to pick some up at the AVI when around there :cool: great for winter camping in the Desert :cool:

Trailer Park Casanova
06-21-2006, 04:25 AM
The Avi shop had a kid working it that pointed out the good fireworks with his hand that had stainless pins exposed through the fingers that were wired to the pins inserted in his palm, then the whole works was held together with a stainless frame - so that's a visual example they sell the real pro stuff, and to "Not hold in hand" like the warning label says.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
06-21-2006, 06:34 AM
I always try to pick some up at the AVI when around there :cool: great for winter camping in the Desert :cool:
Same here! :rollside: