PDA

View Full Version : How do You Like Your Ultra Stealth 24?

Trailer Park Casanova
06-21-2006, 09:40 AM
How's it been?
Does it get on plane and hook up and handle nicely?
Trim issues ok?
Hows the ride?
What would order differently?
What would you change on it?
Any takes on the cloth seats?
What's the history on the hull design and topside styling?
Whats the powerplant with the most ballz?
Duo prop any advantage?
Gell coat colors up to date?
We hear all good about Ultra, so that's the direction we may go next.
Thanks.

KineticoH20
06-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Don't know it's in the mold :cool:

KineticoH20
06-21-2006, 10:59 AM
Only for another few hours. :)
Can't wait to see her JW I hope I didn't go too simple? the anticipation is killin me :idea:

Jyruiz
06-21-2006, 11:51 AM
How's it been?
Trim issues ok?
Hows the ride?
Duo prop any advantage?
Thanks.
Go to there showroom and talk to them, nicest bunch (Corona location, only been to that one) I have ever met. I eneded up with something else, but they answered all my questions and were real patient with me.

Outnumbered
06-21-2006, 12:46 PM
How's it been?...I miss it...a lot :(
Does it get on plane and hook up and handle nicely?...yes..375hp 496 Mag no tabs Bravo 24p works great
Trim issues ok?...flawless
Hows the ride?...excellent...it handled the rough stuff better than my 246 Cobalt
What would order differently?...no bright white interior...no tribal flames...off shore sticks...probably a built in cooler in the mid-cuddy with one seat, not two..we had a walk-through open bow.
What would you change on it?..bigger swim steps would be nice
Any takes on the cloth seats?...we had vinyl
What's the history on the hull design and topside styling?...2004 was first year
Whats the powerplant with the most ballz?..depends on your $$. We got a solid 67 mph GPS with 375hp 496Mag/B1
Duo prop any advantage?...no..no..no..not in that boat...robs speed and too heavy
Gell coat colors up to date?..talk to JW
Thanks....you wont regret it

Lightning
06-21-2006, 01:07 PM
How's it been?
Trim issues ok?
Hows the ride?
Duo prop any advantage?
Thanks.
No knock on Ultra (I own a 2002 21' jet), but if I was looking at their 24, I would also strongly consider Laverycraft 24 NuEra and Howard 25 Bullet - they all make great boats in that range IMO.

Outnumbered
06-21-2006, 01:12 PM
No knock on Ultra (I own a 2002 21' jet), but if I was looking at their 24, I would also strongly consider Laverycraft 24 NuEra and Howard 25 Bullet - they all make great boats in that range IMO.
Yes, they are all great but the Lavey and Howard are more $$. The Ultra is a great value. Also, I have spent some time in the 24 NuEra and it has less room than the Stealth. I have never been in a Bullet.

sigepmock
06-21-2006, 01:21 PM
I can't say enough good things about Ultra. I look for reasons to go see those guys, while my buddies with other boats dread having to go see their dealers. We had a 21 Stealth with the 6.2L and loved it but out grew it with the family. Two of our good friends have the 24 Stealth for their families and love the boat. I've driven it in rough Havasu and Mojave water and it did amazing for a 24 foot boat. I really like the crawl thru mid cabin, but can see the usefulness of the walk thru.
I'd look at the 496 HO, seems to be a good balance of weight, power, and $$$. I did see one with a Teague 800 in it at the Regatta but that looked like a hand full, cool thing was with the engine hatch shut you didn't even know it was in there......ultimate sleeper. :crossx:
Not sure about cloth seats, we had the light grey vinyl and loved it. It was resistant to stains, didn't get too hot, and looked good.
As far as gel designs, Ultra is known as the best in the industry and John West will work with you on getting a design that you like and won't be out of style in a year. Definately the most fun part of picking out the boat.
Anyway, we have a new boat on the way and it's an Ultra. Once you're a part of the Ultra Family they make it hard to go anywhere else. Best bunch of boat builders and boating families I've ever experienced in my 15 plus years of boating. One thing that really stands out is that it doesn't matter to Ultra if you're buying a 21 footer or the biggest baddest 27 Shadow....they treat you the same....no favorites and that really impressed me.
Definately take the time to go down and talk with them in person, either at their Corona shop or the one in El Cajon, it's definately worth it, even if you decide to go another route.
Just my $.02,
Chris Mock

voodoomedman
06-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Ooooh goody! Great question.
How's it been? Unbelievable. Great boat.
Does it get on plane and hook up and handle nicely? Read the ***boat review on Ultraboats.com. It gets on top pretty quick and moves from one speed to another very quick. No chine walking or anything with this thing (now I don't know about the dude with the Teague. If you want to break 100 then start looking at their cats or a bigger V.
Trim issues ok? Trim is great. Don't have to mess with it too much. I usually have it in one of two places depending on if it's choppy or not.
Hows the ride? Very smooth. Can get a bit bumpy in large chop but not really anything you have to wear a kidney belt for.
What would order differently? I would not have to one seat on the side of the cuddy. One side is already an ice chest. I would have them build some sort of storage there becuase that is where everything goes anyway and nobody sits there. It is quick and easy to grab stuff rather than going under the seats. Its also a perfect place for dry food since the cooler is right across from it. I would also get In Control Shifters instead of the the standard Merc. And I would get a GPS speedo as it is more accurate and right now I don't have a speedo because my drive is jammed with something and they cannot get it out without splitting the case. I'm not going to spend the money just for that when they can just do it when they are servicing my drive anyway.
See above.
They probably feel nice but I would think they would absorb water. Also the looks??? Ask John West he will tell you the truth.
Brand new design tooled and first year was 2004.
All you need is a 496 Mag. It will be turnkey and the extra money for the HO doesn't do much in this boat. It won't make acceleration faster. Maybe give you 1-2 mph on the top end. Spend the 5 grand on some bling items.
Duo prop any advantage? No
Gell coat colors up to date? No better gelcoat designer than John West and No better gelcoat sprayer than Martin and Jaime
We hear all good about Ultra, so that's the direction we may go next! Smart move. And as Mock said these guys take care of you and you feel like family. Look at all the threads about how cool they were at the regatta and buying a restaurant full of people lunch the day before. Great boats and even better people. Any other questions PM me or I'd be glad to give you a ride if your in Havi the same time I am.

Ultrafied
06-21-2006, 06:41 PM
How's it been? Not a hitch, enjoying every minute (except when I miss the regatta).
Does it get on plane and hook up and handle nicely? Without the tabs, no problem, with the tabs sits down very nicely. No walking, steers very predictable, easy to maneuver.
Trim issues ok? great.
Hows the ride? great. heavy chop (like around Copper on a busy weekend), I just use my tabs and definitely helps keeps the nose down. Normal traffic, never use the tabs.
What would order differently? A cabinet in the mid cuddy instead of both seats. I have a walk through and really only need the one seat for my grand baby.
What would you change on it? Honestly, nothing.
Any takes on the cloth seats? Not sure, haven't seen any for a while. I have the light grey vinyl and love it.
What's the history on the hull design and topside styling? 2004 was the year it was introduced at the LA Boat show.
Whats the power plant with the most ballz? The 496 mag is what I have. 67 no problem. good conditions with my lab prop, hit 71.
Duo prop any advantage? no
Gell coat colors up to date? Sort of wonder about this. We are talking about Ultra, right? Some of the best, from mild to wild.

dicudmore
06-21-2006, 06:49 PM
Does it get on plane and hook up and handle nicely? Read the ***boat review on Ultraboats.com. It gets on top pretty quick and moves from one speed to another very quick. No chine walking or anything with this thing (now I don't know about the dude with the Teague. If you want to break 100 then start looking at their cats or a bigger V.
Trim issues ok? Trim is great. Don't have to mess with it too much. I usually have it in one of two places depending on if it's choppy or not.
Hows the ride? Very smooth. Can get a bit bumpy in large chop but not really anything you have to wear a kidney belt for.
What would order differently? I would not have to one seat on the side of the cuddy. One side is already an ice chest. I would have them build some sort of storage there becuase that is where everything goes anyway and nobody sits there. It is quick and easy to grab stuff rather than going under the seats. Its also a perfect place for dry food since the cooler is right across from it. I would also get In Control Shifters instead of the the standard Merc. And I would get a GPS speedo as it is more accurate and right now I don't have a speedo because my drive is jammed with something and they cannot get it out without splitting the case. I'm not going to spend the money just for that when they can just do it when they are servicing my drive anyway.
See above.
They probably feel nice but I would think they would absorb water. Also the looks??? Ask John West he will tell you the truth.
All you need is a 496 Mag. It will be turnkey and the extra money for the HO doesn't do much in this boat. It won't make acceleration faster. Maybe give you 1-2 mph on the top end. Spend the 5 grand on some bling items.
Gell coat colors up to date? No better gelcoat designer than John West and No better gelcoat sprayer than Martin and Jaime
We hear all good about Ultra, so that's the direction we may go next! Smart move. And as Mock said these guys take care of you and you feel like family. Look at all the threads about how cool they were at the regatta and buying a restaurant full of people lunch the day before. Great boats and even better people. Any other questions PM me or I'd be glad to give you a ride if your in Havi the same time I am.
I think its pretty common knowledge that I'm more than happy with my Ultra. The people, and the product, top notch :cool:
Just a side note, I don't think that Martin (Orion) is doing Ultra's gel anymore...I believe Ultra now has their own glass shop :idea: THEY ARE STILL TURNING OUT BEAUTIFUL BOATS

Ultracrazy
06-21-2006, 06:53 PM
See above.
Well.......can't add much more than that........no issues with mine at all.
496ho....

voodoomedman
06-21-2006, 07:36 PM
I think its pretty common knowledge that I'm more than happy with my Ultra. The people, and the product, top notch :cool:
Just a side note, I don't think that Martin (Orion) is doing Ultra's gel anymore...I believe Ultra now has their own glass shop :idea: THEY ARE STILL TURNING OUT BEAUTIFUL BOATS
There was some rumor started a couple weeks ago on here but no one cared to expand. All I can say is someone else is damn good in the industry then because the new boats I saw at the regatta had beautiful gel.

voodoomedman
06-21-2006, 07:37 PM
How's it been? Not a hitch, enjoying every minute (except when I miss the regatta).
Yeah what's up with that. I owe you like 10 beers already.

dicudmore
06-21-2006, 07:38 PM
There was some rumor started a couple weeks ago on here but no one cared to expand. All I can say is someone else is damn good in the industry then because the new boats I saw at the regatta had beautiful gel.
YES THEY DID :cool:

DEMOMAN
06-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Looks like everyone covered your questions before I got here. I can tell you that our experience with this boat has been flawless. The boat handles great at all speeds and planes very quickly. The stealth has more interior room than any other 24 that I've seen. I personally like the look of the boat without bow rails. They can be replaced by nice grab handles in the bow cup holder area. I would definately recommend this boat to anyone. We have put 150 hours on ours and not so much as one loose screw.

Mrs Somebeach
06-21-2006, 08:43 PM
My husband(Somebeach)would be best to give you his opinion, but he is out fighting fire in Sedona, AZ.
We are the proud owners of a 2006 24' Stealth and LOVE it!!! We have the 496 and it gets up on plane like no other! Good Luck boat shopping! But the people at the Corona, CA location are the best! They take their time and treat you like you are their only customer.

Mrs Somebeach
06-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Oh....and Mock.....I am pretty sure Ultra should hire you for promo!! I loved everything you had to say about the Ultra family!

sigepmock
06-21-2006, 09:17 PM
Oh....and Mock.....I am pretty sure Ultra should hire you for promo!! I loved everything you had to say about the Ultra family!
Thanks, the Mrs. and I are just trying to pay back a few favors... :crossx:
All kidding aside....when I find something that truely impresses me I can't help but tell everyone about it. I'm glad you guys are loving the boat.....can't wait to catch up with you guys out at the river. Let's start planning a trip with Chris and Amy.....you guys need to put some hours on that boat.:)
Chris

socalmofo
06-22-2006, 07:52 AM
I believe the guy that did Ultra's gel now works for Genesis.