PDA

View Full Version : Oil And Grease Stains

acatitude
06-21-2006, 11:52 AM
on interior carpet..... any one have the magic formula for getting these out???? and its not snap in carpet I can remove. Thanks

life's a river
06-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Try some Goop hand cleaner in a small spot and go from there. Worked for me. Home Depot sells it.
LAR

TCN
06-21-2006, 12:24 PM
on interior carpet..... any one have the magic formula for getting these out???? and its not snap in carpet I can remove. Thanks
There is a Chem-Dry carpet cleaner that works really good called Spot Shot. Wal-Mart sells it for about 4 bucks. Got red nail polish out of tan carpet. No discoloration, give it a try.

acatitude
06-21-2006, 07:44 PM
thanks guys I'll give those a shot and let ya know.. figured there would be more ideas........

beyondhelpin
06-21-2006, 07:49 PM
There is a Chem-Dry carpet cleaner that works really good called Spot Shot. Wal-Mart sells it for about 4 bucks. Got red nail polish out of tan carpet. No discoloration, give it a try.
That Spot Not or Shot whatever its name is really does work very well. Have not found anything it has not got out of the carpet at the house.

No Name
06-21-2006, 07:54 PM
I have used brake cleaner and it worked excellent, removed the stain completely . But you need to be careful not to use to much or it will eat the glue under the carpet.

Konabrent
06-21-2006, 08:21 PM
The spray brake cleaner works excellent, don't spray it directly on fabric...spray it on a clean white rag and then rub the stain away!

FMluvswater
06-21-2006, 08:48 PM
Dawn dishsoap got crude oil off of the ducks should work on carpet.

THATJEFFGUY
06-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Spot Shot is the best ! Sam's Club or Costco has it alot cheaper that WalMart though

RiverDave
06-22-2006, 03:34 PM
I had 2 oil stains in the back of my Navi for years that I tried just about everything at one point or another to get them out. Had the truck detailed about 10 times since then and they could never get it out either..
Amazingly enough I tried the fabric cleaner that came with the dri wash detail kit and it came out.. I about fell over when that happened. I posted about it in the dri wash thread..
RD

Captain Assin' Off
06-22-2006, 05:25 PM
WD-40 works wonders, good for clothing stains too.