PDA

View Full Version : Inconsiderate neighbors

THOR
06-21-2006, 04:13 PM
I have folks behind me that have kids that cry non stop and they have them outside. Also, they let their kids cry all f'n night with their windows open so we have to sleep with our windows closed and sweat our asses off. I have had it.
Also, what is the best way to tell them to shut their kids up or close the windows? In addition, they play their stereo on the patio so loud that I can hear it in my house.
What pisses me off most is that they sit and stare at their kids when they are crying. WTF? Do something.

ChumpChange
06-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Why don't you record their kids crying and then play it over your stereo with the speakers aimed at their house?
Do unto others as they do unto you :D :D

THOR
06-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Funny you say that. I have thought about that, but then the other neighbors would suffer too. I want to walk over at 3 AM and knock on the door and say, "hey, just wanted to let you know that your kids are crying".

ChumpChange
06-21-2006, 04:23 PM
I want to walk over at 3 AM and knock on the door and say, "hey, just wanted to let you know that your kids are crying".
I've done that when my neigbors dogs were barking back in the day. I say treat their kids the same way as dogs. It seems that's what the parents are doing.
I think if you walk over their once, they "should" be embarassed enough as parents to maybe care. Of course, there is a reason the word "should" is in " ".

Outnumbered
06-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Call the Child Protective Services and report them :D Take some video or audio to play for the case worker when they come out.

ChumpChange
06-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Call the Child Protective Services and report them :D Take some video or audio to play for the case worker when they come out.
I'm glad to see you were just kidding with that smile because that would be soooooo messed up. No matter how bad the parents, I think it would still be better than foster care. Ouch!

RitcheyRch
06-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Call the cops.

ChumpChange
06-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Just thought of a new idea. Work on your boat engine really late at night. Start it up every once in a while just to make sure it sounds good.

HBjet
06-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Have a party, and we'll all come over!!!
That should do the trick!!!
HBjet

Froggystyle
06-21-2006, 04:36 PM
I want to walk over at 3 AM and knock on the door and say, "hey, just wanted to let you know that your kids are crying".
Without a doubt this is the best tack...

yeehaw
06-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Throw candy in the window :D :D

Dribble
06-21-2006, 04:44 PM
what is the best way to tell them to shut their kids up or close the windows?
I would tell them to shut up their kids or close the windows.

Buster
06-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Call the cops.
Isn't after 10:00 pm distrubing the peace. It would be no different then have a backyard party with loud friends. Hell the cops have knocked on my door for that before.

ChumpChange
06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Throw candy in the window :D :D
This be funny!

Thorsinc
06-21-2006, 04:56 PM
Light their house up with flood lights every time the kids cry!

Outnumbered
06-21-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm glad to see you were just kidding with that smile because that would be soooooo messed up. No matter how bad the parents, I think it would still be better than foster care. Ouch!
I bet it would get the parents to shut the kids up pretty quick. :D
Pretty sure that if you call the cops on them a few times that the CPS will get involved anyway. Pretty sad that the parents let their kids do this.

THOR
06-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Isn't after 10:00 pm distrubing the peace. It would be no different then have a backyard party with loud friends. Hell the cops have knocked on my door for that before.That is what I thought.
Get this, I just heard the kids crying again. I look into the house and mom and dad are having dinner with the kids sitting next to the table crying their brains out. WTF? Look over at the kids, say something, do something.
And you all wonder why I drink.

beyondhelpin
06-21-2006, 05:26 PM
How about "dry it up or I will give you something to cry about" . What my dad used to tell us boys (4) when we cried over something other than pain!!!!
Or just go ahead and chunk the candy. :)

CBadDad
06-21-2006, 06:49 PM
How many kids do you have???
How does one go about making kids stop crying? If you figure that one out, write a book - it'll sell a million copies and then you'll be able to move.
It sounds like your situation is F'd up, but I doubt that crying kids bug anyone more than their parents. (Disclaimer - crying kids at expensive restuarants bother the parents that have hired a babysitter, more than the offending parents).
Good luck. Try brandy in warm milk (for yourself :) ).

FLEA DIDDY
06-21-2006, 06:54 PM
This is what you need some rope and 2 pissed off tom cats, hell throw a female cat in their for shits and giggles, those mofo's can make some sick ass racket when they're getting their f@ck/fight on. :rollside:

THOR
06-21-2006, 07:05 PM
How does one go about making kids stop crying? If you figure that one out, write a book - it'll sell a million copies and then you'll be able to move.
It sounds like your situation is F'd up, but I doubt that crying kids bug anyone more than their parents. (Disclaimer - crying kids at expensive restuarants bother the parents that have hired a babysitter, more than the offending parents).
I have two kids. One is two and one is eleven months. Neither cry at night let alone at 3 AM. Fock those guys. Pay attention to your kids. It really isnt that hard.

crowning around
06-21-2006, 07:35 PM
I read a story once about a guy who lost half his hearing as a kid because he was mis-diagnosed. He had terrible ear infections as a kid and cried all the time. He grew up hating his parents because he associated the pain he was feeling with them.
Maybe those kids should be checked for ailments.
I also read a story about a little girl that cried and screamed as a toddler and grew up to have a beautiful singing voice and made millions as an adult.
Maybe you should have those kids sign an autograph now, just in case.

Coach
06-21-2006, 07:38 PM
Close the windows and turn on the AC. It suck when kids cry, but it happens. How close is your room to your neighbors? You might talk to your neighbors about closing a window or taking the kids to the front of the house at night, communication is a great tool.

GunninGopher
06-21-2006, 07:42 PM
My son (now 5) never gave us too many fits once he went to sleep, but my daughter (now 2.5) was a holy terror and spent the first 2 months of her life crying much of the time. We finally figured out what was wrong and the problem went away. As it turned out, she was lactose intolerant and apparently it can carry through breast milk.
I don't know you neighbors, but like others have said, the crying kid should bug the parent more than you. Hopefully they are working on it, for your sake and the childs.

beyondhelpin
06-21-2006, 07:59 PM
My Dad telling us to dry it up or he would give us somthing to cry about worked pretty well.
So, whats my cut on the book going to be?

mike37
06-21-2006, 08:18 PM
Sometimes kids, especially babies, cry for no reason at all, at least no reason that makes sense to you and me. I was lucky, my kids combined have spent a grand total of probably 2 hours crying in their lives, but I know plenty of good parents that were not so lucky. I know when my kids cried, it probably bothered me more than anybody.
babies only cry for a good reason somthing is wrong
its after they get older that bad parenting teaches them that crying gets you what you want
sounds like thees kids have a problem that need taken care of

Magic34
06-21-2006, 08:34 PM
I have folks behind me that have kids that cry non stop and they have them outside. Also, they let their kids cry all f'n night with their windows open so we have to sleep with our windows closed and sweat our asses off. I have had it.
Also, what is the best way to tell them to shut their kids up or close the windows? In addition, they play their stereo on the patio so loud that I can hear it in my house.
What pisses me off most is that they sit and stare at their kids when they are crying. WTF? Do something.
Move to AZ. Don't have to worry about anyone opening a window 3/4 of the year.

Devil's Advocate
06-21-2006, 08:49 PM
Move to AZ. Don't have to worry about anyone opening a window 3/4 of the year.
So true!
I would just call the cops. No one wants that and that will hopefully make them realize they need to do something. I hope those kids are ok though.

No Name
06-21-2006, 09:23 PM
So true! I would just call the cops.
:idea:

Panic Button
06-21-2006, 09:26 PM
Maybe they are using the Ferber Method...

STV_Keith
06-21-2006, 10:11 PM
You have a engine flush attachment, don't you? :220v:

HMF'er
06-21-2006, 10:29 PM
Ferber is famous for doing NOTHING when his kids cried, suddenly it's a method. Go figure.

ROZ
06-22-2006, 01:13 AM
I guess the parents didn't read the entire Ferber Manual :D
Sticky situation you have there Thor.. tough decisions to be made... Throw sticky hard candy, or throw gum .. Hmmm... :D

Boy Named Sue
06-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Sounds alot like Mrs.Racer277's squirrel problem.
Many suggestions on ISL on how to fix. None of them good.

RitcheyRch
06-22-2006, 04:17 AM
I have been told by the Santa Clarita Sheriffs Dept that disturbing the peace is anytime you feel your peace is being disturbed. I called them last week on some neighbors at 5PM.
Isn't after 10:00 pm distrubing the peace. It would be no different then have a backyard party with loud friends. Hell the cops have knocked on my door for that before.

THOR
06-22-2006, 06:15 AM
Close the windows and turn on the AC. It suck when kids cry, but it happens. How close is your room to your neighbors? You might talk to your neighbors about closing a window or taking the kids to the front of the house at night, communication is a great tool.
Coach,
there are only 2-3 houses in HB that have AC. Unfortunately, I am not one of them.

THOR
06-22-2006, 06:18 AM
You have a engine flush attachment, don't you? :220v:
Oh trust me, on the weekends I do that very thing. That will wake his fat ass up.

Caljamr
06-22-2006, 06:49 AM
Sometimes people are clueless and just need to be told. First start with a letter stating "From your concerned neighbors". Put in the letter that you don't want to call the cops or CPS and that's why you are giving them this letter. Give them the chance to correct the problem. Tell them that you can't have your windows open because of the crying kids etc.....
Tape this to there front door and then if nothing gets resolved go to the next step.
I use this everytime someone thinks that 3ft of sidewalk between my house and the next house is a perfect parking place. They block part of my driveway when they do this. Every car i've put a note stating your car will be towed has never parked there again.
Just my .02

Schiada76
06-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Call socila services tell them the kids are abused.
Just how fast do you think someone will be banging on their door?

THOR
06-22-2006, 07:28 AM
I think what I am most hesitant about is the guy say F&^% you, deal with it. Then I will get really pissed and I dont like doing that. I would rather the guy just say, sorry, I'll try to work on it. That is all I ask. If someone were to ask me, I would say sorry, I didnt think it was that bad and I'll take care of it.

Dave C
06-22-2006, 08:02 AM
maybe the parents are too busy in the meth lab to check on their kids......

robsformula
06-22-2006, 08:38 AM
My daughter, for the first 12 to 14 months of her life use to cry like a stuck pig. As new parents we tried just about everythin to help her. eventually found out threw several DR. appointments ear infections and so on that she was crying because her ears were not draining properly. She eventually got tubes in her ears. She was also collic. She is now 15 beautiful and the best daughter a father could have. My youngest who is 7 cryed every night and also during the day for the first 11 days of her life. On the 12 she started to sleeping through the night without crying as much and on the 13 day she did'nt cry at all and I got up during the night to check on her and she was cold and clammy. My wife and I ended up taking her into her pediatrition early in the morning and as we were waiting to be seen by her DR. her condition got worse. Her lips started turning blue and moddeling started threwout her body. I rushed to have the DR. see he and she came in and checked her heart rate and it was over 300 beats a min. We rushed her to the hospital were she was then medivaced to UC Davis Med Center. At UCD she went into cardiac arrest 6 time during the night wich they said was normal until the meds were in her system to help control her heart rate. We had to give her daily a drug called (didgeoxen) for almost a year and had visits every two weeks to UC Davis until she out grew her problem which is called (S.V.T.) ( Supper ventricular Tacacardia) In other words her heart her was beating to fast and her organs were not gitting the propper amount of oxygen and blood flow. Thanks to all the Dr. and Nurses at UC Davis and our local hospital she is now 7 and a very active little girl. Loves all sports and life. So when she cried we had no problem and when we were in public we were responcible parents. Good luck with your neighbor.

kevnmcd
06-22-2006, 09:06 AM
Maybe the parents are deaf and can't hear them crying? :D