PDA

View Full Version : Dogs on the sandbar suck!

jbone
06-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Well some of them anyways. And yes I know I will take a little bashing on this thread with all the dog owners. But who knows, maybe this is meant for you.
On many occasions, we pull up to a sandbar, nothing too roudy because we have a lot of little ones in our group.
Then someone shows up with a dog or two, or three. From that point on, the owners could care less where there dog(s) are or what they're doing. It is common for the dogs to swipe kids sandwiches off coolers or even out of the their hands, knock over tables, spill drinks (this is serious), pee on the kids sand toys, and dry hump kids. To top it off one dog took a dump in the sand pool I dug for my 4 yr old girl.
My gripe is, if you bring a dog to the river please keep them near you or under control so they can do all the afformention things to your stuff.
I'm done with my rant, let the bashing begin. :mad:
J

Her454
06-21-2006, 04:47 PM
Well some of them anyways. And yes I know I will take a little bashing on this thread with all the dog owners. But who knows, maybe this is meant for you.
On many occasions, we pull up to a sandbar, nothing too roudy because we have a lot of little ones in our group.
Then someone shows up with a dog or two, or three. From that point on, the owners could care less where there dog(s) are or what they're doing. It is common for the dogs to swipe kids sandwiches off coolers or even out of the their hands, knock over tables, spill drinks (this is serious), pee on the kids sand toys, and dry hump kids. To top it off one dog took a dump in the sand pool I dug for my 4 yr old girl.
My gripe is, if you bring a dog to the river please keep them near you or under control so they can do all the afformention things to your stuff.
I'm done with my rant, let the bashing begin. :mad:
J
No bashing here, I completely agree.

AZJD
06-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Does that mean I have to quit dry humping too!?

ChumpChange
06-21-2006, 04:49 PM
To top it off one dog took a dump in the sand pool I dug for my 4 yr old girl.
I completely agree with you but I did find this part of the rant kind of humerous. Sorry.

Ziggy
06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Sorry, not meaning to sound off base but I cracked up picturing the dogs doing the things you mentioned :p :D........I do agree dogs should be cared for properly though and most I have encountered are.....but like anything else a few bad ones don't make the whole basket rotten in this case.
I'm sure everyones dogs have snuck away for a covert poop session at one time or another.

ChumpChange
06-21-2006, 04:51 PM
Sorry, not meaning to sound off base but I cracked up picturing the dogs doing the things you mentioned :p :D........I do agree dogs should be cared for properly though and most I have encountered are.....but like anything else a few bad ones don't make the whole basket rotten in this case.
I'm sure everyones dogs have snuck away for a covert poop session at one time or another.
Thanks Zig....I'm glad I wasn't the only one. I don't have kids yet so it was funny to me.

Her454
06-21-2006, 04:52 PM
ROTFLMAO! :) I dont mind dogs, if the owners make them behave. I dont let mine run wild so I dont like anyone else's running wild where I am at and wreaking havoc.

Jordy
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
My favorite was one time when we were out at Saguaro on the beach, with my low freeboard yellow jet, and some guy comes over from about half way down the beach with his dog and starts throwing the ball out into the water. It's a big dog, like a lab or retreiver, and everytime it goes bounding into the water it's covering my boat with water, mud, and wet sand. I say something to the guy along the lines of, "Hey, you think you might find another place do to that, like down by your boat, as you're dog is trashing my boat."
His response "Well, I don't want to mess my boat up." Absolutely floored me. :notam:

Not So Fast
06-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Like anything else, leave my s--t alone and I'll leave yours alone. Be it dogs, kids, your music whatever. Just be courteous period. NSF

Her454
06-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Absolutely floored me. :notam:
That's a first. :rollside:

Mrs.Racer277
06-21-2006, 04:56 PM
My favorite was one time when we were out at Saguaro on the beach, with my low freeboard yellow jet, and some guy comes over from about half way down the beach with his dog and starts throwing the ball out into the water. It's a big dog, like a lab or retreiver, and everytime it goes bounding into the water it's covering my boat with water, mud, and wet sand. I say something to the guy along the lines of, "Hey, you think you might find another place do to that, like down by your boat, as you're dog is trashing my boat."
His response "Well, I don't want to mess my boat up." Absolutely floored me. :notam:
Now that is funny. :p :p :p

Jordy
06-21-2006, 04:56 PM
That's a first. :rollside:
I was young at the time. ;)

ChumpChange
06-21-2006, 04:57 PM
with my low freeboard yellow jet, ..........
You should've roosted his boat on your way out.

Jordy
06-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Now that is funny. :p :p :p
Not nearly as funny as your pet squirrel. :D

Ziggy
06-21-2006, 05:04 PM
GOT NUT? :)

Mrs.Racer277
06-21-2006, 05:05 PM
I find nothing funny about that dang squirrel. :mad:

2Driver
FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347untitled.JPG

Jordy
Don't let that little bastard get the best of you Dia. :D

AZJD
06-21-2006, 05:07 PM
D, do you have a squirrell problem?
Watch out they are mean!

King Karma
06-21-2006, 05:11 PM
His response "Well, I don't want to mess my boat up." Absolutely floored me. :notam: HE obviously (like everone else) knows how much of a tool you are just by looking at you. :idea: But in respect to you, the beach at saguaro is huge so he did have many other options. And he probably didn't know you owned the beach. Come on dog owners, be a little bit more respectful to the little fat people who have nothing better to do than bitch and cry all the time. :cry: (TEAM TURKEY)

Mrs.Racer277
06-21-2006, 05:15 PM
D, do you have a squirrell problem?
Watch out they are mean!
Yep, one has taken up residence in my garage. 4 traps w/peanut butter and the lil bastard keeps getting away. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

AZJD
06-21-2006, 05:16 PM
Yep, one has taken up residence in my garage. 4 traps w/peanut butter and the lil bastard keeps getting away. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Ha, turn the dog loose on it....or is that dog just a noise maker?
Your not using rat traps are you? Those little bastards will just reach down and let them selves out of one of those!
I had one in my house once.....remind me to tell you the story sometime about 3 grown men, (well full sized anyway) trying to remove it from my house!!!!!!
We may be coming out July 7,8,9

jbone
06-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Wow!
No bashing.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one to have a problem with this.
J

Jordy
06-21-2006, 05:17 PM
HE obviously (like everone else) knows how much of a tool you are just by looking at you. :idea:
Great, another fake screen name. :notam:
Might want to invest in a spellcheck program before you really cut loose with the lashings. It will at least make you come off as a little more intelligent than you really might be. ;)

Sleek-Jet
06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Seems like ***boat should have a policy about that.... :idea: :idea:

AZJD
06-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Might want to invest in a spellcheck program before you really cut loose with the lashings. It will at least make you come off as a little more intelligent than you really might be. ;)
Don't worry Karma will get him............ :crossx:
He's being a Karma Chameleon............we don't know who he is!

BigDoug
06-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Jordy said "my jet boat". :)

Ziggy
06-21-2006, 05:31 PM
Jordy said "my jet boat". :)
Lordy, Lordy, Jordy ! :p

King Karma
06-21-2006, 05:34 PM
Might want to invest in a spellcheck program before you really cut loose with the lashings. It will at least make you come off as a little more intelligent than you really might be. ;) hey I made my point.. don't you have a generator or another boy to service service boy. :argue: :cool:

Jordy
06-21-2006, 05:36 PM
hey I made my point..
Which point would that be??? The one about being too big of a pussy to post up under your real name??? Yeah, you made that one abundantly clear. :notam:

King Karma
06-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Which point would that be??? The one about being too big of a pussy to post up under your real name??? Yeah, you made that one abundantly clear. :notam: So Paul... Rumor on the water has it that you prefer the company of men over women.. Is this true.... are you gay jordy????? Oh by the way nice set of trolling motors on your white canoe.. :cry:

Jordy
06-21-2006, 05:43 PM
Wow, at least some people when they go the pussy fake screen name route are at least somewhat entertaining, you're just flat out boring. :notam:

AZJD
06-21-2006, 05:47 PM
So Paul... Rumor on the water has it that you prefer the company of men over women.. Is this true.... are you gay jordy????? Oh by the way nice set of trolling motors on your white canoe.. :cry:
So is it paul or Jordy you are talking too.....I am confused!

King Karma
06-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Wow, at least some people when they go the pussy fake screen name route are at least somewhat entertaining, you're just flat out boring. :notam: Just doing my job... I know you looked at the profile... Im educating you..... Come out of the denial.... its ok we still won't like you. "Team turkey .....We like boys!!!!!"

King Karma
06-21-2006, 05:52 PM
Wow, at least some people when they go the pussy fake screen name route are at least somewhat entertaining, you're just flat out boring. :notam: Don't worry were not hiding... you will soon meet us...GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT :)

AZJD
06-21-2006, 05:54 PM
Don't worry were not hiding... you will soon meet us...GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT :)
Thats funny. Keep up the threats! Don't let karma get you first!

No Name
06-21-2006, 05:57 PM
So Paul... Rumor on the water has it that you prefer the company of men over women.. Is this true.... are you gay jordy????? Oh by the way nice set of trolling motors on your white canoe.. :cry:
Just for the record, Paul was pro Kachina. Please continue. :rollside:

AZJD
06-21-2006, 05:58 PM
Just for the record, Paul was pro Kachina. Please continue. :rollside:
You stickin around for the 4th Mark?

No Name
06-21-2006, 05:59 PM
Yes, Whats your plans?

AZJD
06-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Yes, Whats your plans?
I am going to roll out in the afternoon saturday and hang out on my buddies houseboat to watch the fire works. I will play it by ear from there. I think a bunch of people are staying the night in humbug so I might launch and do that....or stay on the house boat and launch Sunday morning!

No Name
06-21-2006, 06:09 PM
I am going to roll out in the afternoon saturday and hang out on my buddies houseboat to watch the fire works. I will play it by ear from there. I think a bunch of people are staying the night in humbug so I might launch and do that....or stay on the house boat and launch Sunday morning!
ThatÂ’s probably my plans also, with the exception of the house boat. Maybe will see you out there and have that beer. :cool:

Fast Freddy
06-21-2006, 06:21 PM
hmmm....... with answer like that i would have aimed my jetovator straight at him and his boat and let him have it

dragboat
06-21-2006, 06:32 PM
I see you've met my sheetbag neighbors.

Catalina
06-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Anyone had a dog jump on the bow of their boat :mad: :mad: :mad:

No Name
06-21-2006, 08:37 PM
Had a couple ugly chicks walk over it once. Does that count? :D :D

HMF'er
06-21-2006, 09:33 PM
Jumped inside through the bow, ran the length of the boat, then jumped back out. Left sandy footprints everywhere, and the owner didn't appear to give a fock since that's what the dog was doing on his boat too.

Rexone
06-21-2006, 09:41 PM
It is common for the dogs to swipe kids sandwiches off coolers or even out of the their hands, knock over tables, spill drinks (this is serious), pee on the kids sand toys, and dry hump kids. To top it off one dog took a dump in the sand pool I dug for my 4 yr old girl. J
Are you positive this wasn't just Tom Brown and a few of his Canatard buddies dressed up in doggie suits. Sounds like their MO to a tee.

HavasuSelect
06-21-2006, 09:43 PM
Not only dogs but birds. I can't walk away from my boat without having to run back and chase those fockin birds off! I think I'd rather deal with the dogs then birds.

cola
06-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Not only dogs but birds. I can't walk away from my boat without having to run back and chase those fockin birds off! I think I'd rather deal with the dogs then birds.
I can bring my dog by if you want. She won't shit on your boat though. :cool:

HavasuSelect
06-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the dogs every now and then. I wouldn't bring one. Your dog is cool in my book.

cola
06-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the dogs every now and then. I wouldn't bring one. Your dog is cool in my book.
Thanks, there just like kids, you have to keep track of them. If mine is every a problem for ANYONE please tell me and I will make it right. :)
Thanks, Mike

STV_Keith
06-21-2006, 10:08 PM
everytime it goes bounding into the water it's covering my boat with water, mud, and wet sand.
I've had this happen too, but it was Barbigirl. :crossx:

Kachina26
06-21-2006, 11:09 PM
You have a dog???? I thought that was just a very well behaved child :D You are a shining example of what a dog owner should be.

Hardly Satisfied
06-22-2006, 07:23 AM
I agree keep a eye on you dog

Jordy
06-22-2006, 07:24 AM
I've had this happen too, but it was Barbigirl. :crossx:
Now that was f'kn funny!!!! :D :D :D
The Sandbox Kid strikes again!!! :D :D :D

Dave C
06-22-2006, 07:42 AM
damn jordy.. you even got stalkers now.... thats how you know you are really getting big.... team stalker shows up to harrass and annoy. :rollside:
BTW the wacko stalkers types typically talk in code and make no sense.. :rollside:

MR HARLEY
06-22-2006, 07:56 AM
Woof!
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/Lunchtimepics005.jpg

Stiletto24
06-22-2006, 08:03 AM
I allways bring my dog and I agree. Be responsable.
If someone lets there dog claw my boat, Well we all know that dog better know how to swim with an anchor tied to it.

Mrs. 4-B
06-22-2006, 08:42 AM
FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/506/3347untitled.JPG
ROTFLMAO!!!!!! Love Triumph!!!

Mrs. 4-B
06-22-2006, 08:45 AM
Woof!
This is one precious pooch!

Debbolas
06-22-2006, 08:48 AM
Ok, I HAVE to tell this story............we went to the sandbar (many years ago) with our neighbors and their boxer "Candy" a very nice boxer. This really drunk guy came up to us and said that Candy was being mean to some puppies and she should get back in her boat. (Candy was fine, doing nothing) Then he leans down to the dog and says......"Bad Dog! Back in the Boat" It was sooooo funny, Candy just looked at him. Since then, whenever someone misbehaves we say "Bad Dog, back in the boat!" ha ha ha :D
Oh, and I know of someone who's lab peed on some poor guy just sitting in a chair at the sandbar, lucky for us, he just laughed it off.......But we didn't bring that dog back again.....I'm sure some of us have had learning experiences at the sandbar.... :rolleyes:

Ziggy
06-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Hi River Danish :)

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 08:50 AM
I agree. My dog is always tied up unless someones kids want to play with him close by. I don't like the roaming dogs either. Bud will put them in their place though if they come by while he's tied up to the boat.
Cruising the channel.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02434.JPG
Taking a nap at the Turtle. (Don't tell anyone) :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02442.JPG
Late night in the channel.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02467.JPG
The Sunday drive home.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1524DSC02482.JPG
Fuggin spoiled dog. :p

OutCole'd
06-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Matt, that dog has one rough life.

MR HARLEY
06-22-2006, 09:03 AM
This is one precious pooch!
Thank you Mrs. 4-B :clover:
~Phatt Matt~
Bud , is a great dog! I always enjoy seeing him out there with you and Jenn. :)

beaverretriever
06-22-2006, 09:09 AM
How about Cats? I like to bring all my cats out on the boat. It wont bother anyone will it? They do swim around and eat everyones sandwiches though...
We were parked at Sandy Cove at Mead one day and these peoples dog kept jumping on our boat and tracking sand all over and all the owners of the dog said "isnt that cute, he likes their boat more than ours". So I pulled out my Springfield XD and blew it away... Jk about that last part. :p

TUNNEL T
06-22-2006, 09:13 AM
this is when you ask him if i can throw one for him,(then you launch a 80 yd. pass right into the middle of lake ! ) or the tullies ,i never have done this but it sounds good! hehehe! TUNNEL T p.s. i feel the same about dudes with footballs at the beach also!

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 09:14 AM
Matt, that dog has one rough life.
You mean ruff life. :D

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 09:16 AM
How about Cats? I like to bring all my cats out on the boat. It wont bother anyone will it? They do swim around and eat everyones sandwiches though...
We were parked at Sandy Cove at Mead one day and these peoples dog kept jumping on our boat and tracking sand all over and all the owners of the dog said "isnt that cute, he likes their boat more than ours". So I pulled out my Springfield XD and blew it away... Jk about that last part. :p
I think it would be awesome if somebody had a trained cat that would stand on the bow as you cruised through the channel. :)

Debbolas
06-22-2006, 09:26 AM
I think it would be awesome if somebody had a trained cat that would stand on the bow as you cruised through the channel. :)
As a matter of fact..............we have three (make that two) kittens available for adoption. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1566Kitchen_construction_and_Homecoming_003-med.jpg

OnlyMoney
06-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Woof!
Damn you Mr. H! And you had to use my favorite one from yesterday!!! :rollside: :rollside:

Mrs. 4-B
06-22-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi River Danish :)
Hi Zig! When are you gonna be out in Havi again? We'll be there from 7/6-7/14. Will we see you?

Windy
06-22-2006, 10:02 AM
Matt...Bud is such a good doggie...there were lots of doggies at the sandbar last sunday. Made me miss dog...definitely gonna bring her sometime this summer.

MR HARLEY
06-22-2006, 10:11 AM
Damn you Mr. H! And you had to use my favorite one from yesterday!!! :rollside: :rollside:
I'm glad you enjoyed them Shelby. :)

HM
06-22-2006, 10:13 AM
I am just thinking how dissappointed FRENCHIE will be when he finds out what this thead is actually about. :D

RiverDave
06-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Large part of the reason why I don't take my dog to the sandbar. I don't want to sit there and babysit her. If I tie her up she gives me that "beaten and abused" routine, and if I let her go, god knows what trouble she's going to get into. On top of which when she's tied up there's a 50/50 chance that she's going to eat whatever dog decides to come her way.. The sandbar kinda freaks her out, with all the loud music etc.. I've taken her to the big sandbar before and she ends up shaking in the boat, so now I just leave her at home. She goes for her one boat ride at the end of each night usually which seems to make her happy.
RD