PDA

View Full Version : This guy.

HCS
06-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Doesn't get it.
I feel for his loss, but, he's an idiot.
Sorry.
Common sense is the answer.
www.skiboatdeaths.com

HCS
06-21-2006, 09:35 PM
This is his dumbest comment.
"Never did it even cross my mind that the killer could be carbon monoxide being emitted from the boat's exhaust ports."
What is he thinking? His kid didn't even have a life jacket on!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

beyondhelpin
06-21-2006, 09:53 PM
I was surprised to see that Indmar's 2007 5.7 will have cats (standard equipment) on it. Is this the first marine engine with cats on it?

HM
06-21-2006, 10:05 PM
It is sad that his son died, but he is a focking idiot. Unfortunately, half of the population has an I.Q. under 100, by definition. And as RD says, you can't legislate against stupidity. But, unfortunately, the stupid people don't take accountability for what they do.
And so this guy is saying if there would have been warning stickers on the boat he would have not let his kid teak surf? right.

grads2112
06-21-2006, 10:10 PM
Make sure you add a sticker to the bow of the boat telling them to not let their kids dangle their feet overboard while underway... oh and a sticker to the exhaust manifold telling them not to stick their tongues on it.

HCS
06-22-2006, 01:37 PM
Make sure you add a sticker to the bow of the boat telling them to not let their kids dangle their feet overboard while underway... oh and a sticker to the exhaust manifold telling them not to stick their tongues on it.
Especially the tongue deal. That could be devistating.
His push to get all boat manufactures to retrofit all ski type boats back to 1984 is ubsurd.
I will never add cats to my boat. Or those stupid stickers.

Schiada76
06-22-2006, 01:49 PM
So if some dumbfck tows a kid with his face in the exhaust and a spinning prop 18" away from his feet IT"S THE FAULT OF THE BOAT MANUFACTUER????????????

HCS
06-22-2006, 01:56 PM
So if some dumbfck tows a kid with his face in the exhaust and a spinning prop 18" away from his feet IT"S THE FAULT OF THE BOAT MANUFACTUER????????????
In his mind it is. They even won a judgment in their favor!
Once again. HIS KID WAS NOT WEARING A LIFE JACKET.
Who does he think is responsible for that? The life jacket manufactures?

beaverretriever
06-22-2006, 01:57 PM
They should take props off all boats too. There has been people that have lost limbs because of those damn things.
What an a-hole.

John.
06-22-2006, 02:04 PM
On the guys page he says that CO killed his son. I doubt that it was the CO that killed him. It was probably more like that the CO stripped the air from his body that helps you float and the water that filled it's place drowned the boy and sunk him to the bottom of the lake. I think its horribly tragic, but what was the guy thinking. It wasn't the boat manufacturers fault, it was his own mistake. Wasn't he already breaking the law by having his 10 year old out there without a life jacket on?

Drift
06-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grads2112
This makes me laugh ( I am very sorry for the Man's loss and am not making light of the overall situation ) BUT, this is how it looks boats will look like in the near future. I think my boat has 14?! warning labels on it. Here is just a sample of one.

vmjtc3
06-22-2006, 02:15 PM
I never could figure out how some one could get cought up in a prop........
Untill a coupla weeks ago at the sand bar when some a-hole pulls up next to us at the sand bar with the drive all the way up splashin water all over our boat. Just when he is almost beached he tells his buddy to hop out and catch the boat. So a-hole number 2 jumps out the BACK of the boat to catch it. Just as he jump out the front of the boat hits the sand bar and the back of the boat shoots right over at him. Missed his fricken head by a coupla inches. What a bunch of bs. Who would ever let anyone out the back of a boat with the engine running........ :mad:

Caljamr
06-22-2006, 02:26 PM
Isn't this dangerous in it's self:
It had been an awesome day and we were heading to shore when Anthony and a friend of his began holding onto the swim platform at the rear of the boat, essentially body surfing.
We had done this at least 150 times

HM
06-22-2006, 02:28 PM
This makes me laugh ( I am very sorry for the Man's loss and am not making light of the overall situation ) BUT, this is how it looks boats will look like in the near future. I think my boat has 14?! warning labels on it. Here is just a sample of one.
Just an observation...why doesn't your daughter have a life vest on?

Sleek-Jet
06-22-2006, 02:39 PM
My favorite quote:
Catalytic converters already were proven in automobiles to reduce the amount of carbon monoxide to levels that were safe in almost any application.
So, if I lock myself in the garage with the engine running on my car, I won't die because it's got a working cat on it :idea: ... I don't think so. :rolleyes:
CO binds with the red blood cells more easily than O2, you end up expiring do to the lack of oxygen to the brain. It only takes a short time till you die of asphyxiation, and CO exposure is cumulative. It takes a long time (several days I've been told) for all of the CO to work it's way out of your system.

Drift
06-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Just an observation...why doesn't your daughter have a life vest on?
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: DAMN! I knew someone was going to bust me on that! You might need to check again. LOL

desertbird
06-22-2006, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grads2112
Anyone looked at the fenders of a new quad lately? More stickers than plastic, and now they aren't even stickers, but riveted placards. What a mess!

HCS
06-22-2006, 04:35 PM
I sent the guy an email voicing my opinion.
Now I'm going to send all the boat manufactures a letter to fight on. :220v:

grads2112
06-22-2006, 05:42 PM
The bottom line is bad things happen to stupid people!

mickeyfinn
06-22-2006, 06:19 PM
I sent him an email as well. I didn't get into the fact that his kid didn't have on a life jacket. I do think if he wants to put his efforts into making sure people are aware of the dangers of teak surfing that he has that right. Stickers on the boats might actually save the life of someone with a border line IQ. This is the email I sent him:
Please take down your ridiculous website and the ridiculous attempt at putting converters on boats. You can not protect people from themselves. The problem is teak surfing, not the CO. I guess if your son decided to jump off of the boat at speed and hit the water and drowned you would argue for handrails tall enough to prevent it. The answer to every problem is not more government regulation or more added expense to the end users by putting belt and suspenders on top of every thing. The warning stickers should be adequate to solve the problem that you are talking about. You can not regulate stupidity. If people own a boat that has the warning stickers and continue teak surf it is not the boat builders fault, it is not the governements fault:
It is murphy at work, survival of the fittest. If I tell you that eating something on fire will kill you and you do it anyway would you want to make sure that every thing combustible had a fire extinguisher installed? Get real, allow people to be responsible for their own actions. Don't force me to spend more money on my hobby just because you are concerned that I am too stupid to read and comply with a warning sticker. Your efforts to make sure the word gets out are to be applauded, your efforts to add unneeded hardware, complexity and expense to an already expensive hobby is not the answer. Stop what you are doing and continue to get the word out about the dangers of teak surfing if that is what makes you feel good, better yet get back in the boat and enjoy the boat and the hobby that your son loved so much, you know that is what he would want you to do. Once again I think everyone can sympathize with you and mourn with you over the loss of a child or any other loved one, however you are not focusing on the real cause of the problem. You are just passing yet another helmet and seatbelt law. Please stop asking the government to protect me from myself.
Most complex processes that don't work are improvements on simple processes that worked fine.

grads2112
06-22-2006, 06:56 PM
Am I the only person that lets kids "trunk surf" on the back of my car and suck on the tail pipe at the same time? Ford better put a sticker on my trunk or I'm gonna sue them. :rollside:

HCS
06-23-2006, 03:51 PM
Great comments mickeyfinn .
The e-mail I sent had alot of the same opinions.
Hopefully more will follow.
Maybe he'll get the message and not try and blame his supidity on boat manufactures.
Feel good legislation does none of us any good, except for maybe him.

doesitfloat?
06-23-2006, 04:58 PM
I was already writing this before I saw you guys doing the same! I hate it when all have to pay (literally) for the stupidity of others. Here's my e-mail:
Mike,
I really feel for you and your family's loss. I've been there, losing my mom to a violent car accident when I was 16 (she was 37). I am now 37 with 2 kids of my own and I want to protect them from everything dangerous in the world, too.
The problem here, Mike, is not the CO. It's the lack of common sense. Between my grandpa, my father, my brother, and myself, we have a combined 150+ years of boating experience. With that are 1000's of skiing and tubing hours. None of us have ever even thought of doing what you're son did "...150 times" because of the obvious: sucking up exhaust.
Unfortunately, you and your friend allowed your son to do a very irresponsible and dangerous activity without ever thinking of the consequences. Just because you got away with it 150 times does not justify it. But I know it was an innocent mistake...one that will cost you for the rest of your life. Nonetheless, YOU made this mistake...not the boat manufacturers. The fact that you sued and received money for your shortsightedness makes me sick. For one, the rest of us boaters now have to pay for your mistake.
I'm ok with warning stickers being placed on the boats. But cat converters to prevent such a rare (and totally avoidable) problem is unreasonable.
My advice is to accept the fact that you are responsible for your son's accident (and I don't enjoy writing that), make peace with yourself because it was accidental, and stop this nonsensical drive to "save us" from CO. 99.9999% of the boaters out there are doing just fine w/o your cause.
Mike

YeLLowBoaT
06-23-2006, 05:24 PM
While your at it... make sure you send some too his lawyers.
http://www.wmtrial-law.com/
its lawyers like this that are making it harder and harder for Americans to earn a living.
I hate to say this, but I personally don't feel bad that he lost his son. He was doing something that was illegal and with out a life vest....
I would bet that he did not "win" any money in the wrongful death suit... it was just cheaper to give him STFU and goaway money then it was to fight it.

3 daytona`s
06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
It is sad that his son died, but he is a focking idiot. Unfortunately, half of the population has an I.Q. under 100, by definition. And as RD says, you can't legislate against stupidity. But, unfortunately, the stupid people don't take accountability for what they do.
And so this guy is saying if there would have been warning stickers on the boat he would have not let his kid teak surf? right.
O.K. half of us are idiots? That means what who voted these BRILLIANT A-- Holes who are running this country.Don`t start on the Rep. Dem thing they are all a bunch of? Voted in a raise this week.I`m wondering am I an Idiot I`m going to get my score first thing Monday.

3 daytona`s
06-23-2006, 06:37 PM
One more thing, BOAT DRIVERS LICENCE--- I`ll take any and all licence they throw at me,and if do not pass big time will quit boating.I have been to Havasu,Bullhead.Mohave,and a hell of alot more places,I`m telling you HOT ROD half of your boat community can`t even back the boat down the ramp,know which side to pass on,know any terms of boating,could not dock a boat without major damage,and watching loading is - a hillarious. I`m for boat licence we need one for every other form of motor vehicle.,Just because you made a mistake makes you an IDIOT.I`m thinking you must be perfect. :confused: :confused:

HCS
06-27-2006, 11:47 AM
I was already writing this before I saw you guys doing the same! I hate it when all have to pay (literally) for the stupidity of others. Here's my e-mail:
Mike,
I really feel for you and your family's loss. I've been there, losing my mom to a violent car accident when I was 16 (she was 37). I am now 37 with 2 kids of my own and I want to protect them from everything dangerous in the world, too.
The problem here, Mike, is not the CO. It's the lack of common sense. Between my grandpa, my father, my brother, and myself, we have a combined 150+ years of boating experience. With that are 1000's of skiing and tubing hours. None of us have ever even thought of doing what you're son did "...150 times" because of the obvious: sucking up exhaust.
Unfortunately, you and your friend allowed your son to do a very irresponsible and dangerous activity without ever thinking of the consequences. Just because you got away with it 150 times does not justify it. But I know it was an innocent mistake...one that will cost you for the rest of your life. Nonetheless, YOU made this mistake...not the boat manufacturers. The fact that you sued and received money for your shortsightedness makes me sick. For one, the rest of us boaters now have to pay for your mistake.
I'm ok with warning stickers being placed on the boats. But cat converters to prevent such a rare (and totally avoidable) problem is unreasonable.
My advice is to accept the fact that you are responsible for your son's accident (and I don't enjoy writing that), make peace with yourself because it was accidental, and stop this nonsensical drive to "save us" from CO. 99.9999% of the boaters out there are doing just fine w/o your cause.
Mike
Great!
Maybe if he gets enough emails he'll get through his head it's not the boats fault.
It was just plain ignorance.
Because he's getting money and attention he probable won't change his cause, maybe he'll change his stategy.
Retro fitting every ski boat ever built would be rediculous and potentionally devastating to some boat manufactures.

FLEA DIDDY
06-27-2006, 12:06 PM
This is to funny, You peeps have a million things to bitch about and you complain because 1 moron is fighting to get CAT CONVERTERS on boats :rolleyes: Thats priceless. You peeps keep up the good fight. :rollside:

doesitfloat?
06-27-2006, 01:06 PM
This is to funny, You peeps have a million things to bitch about and you complain because 1 moron is fighting to get CAT CONVERTERS on boats :rolleyes: Thats priceless. You peeps keep up the good fight. :rollside:
No, what's priceless is how most people (like you) just sit back and think things like this don't affect them. These days, especially in Cali, one jackoff like this guy can ultimately affect your and my wallets.
Example: a few years ago, possible enforcement of new sound standards for boats was being discussed.
Most people's (or peeps for you cool guys) attitude was, "So what, it'll never pass". You know the rest of that story.
I just hate it when someone does something very stupid and blames others instead of taking responsibility. Especially when his own lack of accountability costs us all money (higher boat costs, insurance, etc.).

centerhill condor
06-27-2006, 01:18 PM
"CO" is bad for your brain. We've done this 150 times before... so the kid was destined to be on the short bus anyway and a sticker wouldn't replace dead brain cells or correct bad parenting. the only sticker needed is one that says "We made money killing my son!".
I mean really, next time I hear, "we're suing to prevent this tragedy from happening to another family", I'm gonna puke! Does that mean when it happens to somebody else we can blame this moron for not preventing it? Always about the money. Did the money breathe life into the dead kid's body or Did the dead kid's lawyer get a new benz? How many of you want boats designed by juries and lawyers to preserve the top 5% of stupid. Today's cars are crap because these idiots need a rubber room not an automobile!
How differently would people drive if instead of an airbag there was a bayonet? Think they'd pay more attention? yea, maybe a little less cell phone and a little more 10/2 on the wheel?
So, next time you hear about somebody's tragedy... think about thinning the herd! or another way, we teach kids survival of the fittest and protect idiots from their own behavior... yea, doesn't make sense to me either.
In Tennessee dear old dad would face criminal charges assuming his dad is competent to stand trial! Me thinks that this idiot on trial in the orange jump suit would get people's attention far more than a pamphlet or sticker. Riding on the swim step is against the law and it resulted in death. Sounds like a crime was committed to me!

HCS
06-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Ultimately it will cost everyone in the industry if he gets his way.
Everyone's pocket book would eventually be effected.
You'll think of it everytime you have to pay to get your boat inspected and smog checked every year or so.
Do you have catalytic coverters on your boat?
Bone headed people cause bone headed laws. The legistature at the California State Capital are listening to this guy! Lucky for us they basically shut him down and said ok, we'll make it law everyone gets stickers. That's it.
So now he has hot shot lawyers and he's going after Calibria boats. If he takes them down all other boat manufactures will follow. He's starting with Calibria because that's the boat manufacture that killed his kid. Right! :skull: :220v:

BajaMike
06-27-2006, 04:09 PM
I sent him an e-mail also, and a link to this thread.....
:idea:

doesitfloat?
06-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Jeez, don't you "peeps" have anything better to do than HAVE COMMON SENSE??!!
Something to ponder: Everytime you pick up something like a cooler and it says, "Not to be used as a floatation device"...this means that some idiot (like our teak surfing friend) sued a cooler maker (and usually won) because his kid drowned while trying to float on a cooler.
Again, for our slower ***boat "peeps", we ALL end up paying for it.
Another point for our "peeps": Sitting on your fat ass assuming these kinds of problems (lawsuits for rediculous things and complete lack of personal responsibility) will "just go away or take care of themselves" is the kind of apathy that has created this situation. Either stand up for what's right...OR FORFEIT YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING.
Agreed on all points, CenterHill and HCS!!!

HCS
06-29-2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.mascostartersandalternators.com/images/Buoy.gif