PDA

View Full Version : 3 week life span

Kilrtoy
06-21-2006, 11:10 PM
So I am watching the MILITARY CHANNEL
the typical life span of a fighter pilot in WWI was three weeks.
and to think how many made it out,
My thanks go to all the families that sacrificed for us, in all the conflicts
God speed

JetBoatRich
06-22-2006, 04:24 AM
tough job to sign-up for :cool: Thanks for defending our country

MagicMtnDan
06-22-2006, 05:21 AM
I'm angered by the vultures (politicians and military) circling over the American soldiers accused of crimes in Iraq. Whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty?!" In this country the media is more worried about those in Guantanamo than in the brig at Camp Pendleton. That is more than wrong :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
http://www.gattiart.com/Prints/Red_Baron/Red_BaronStrikes_DSc.jpg

Old Guy
06-22-2006, 06:31 AM
When I was a kid, I saw men in military uniform walk into restaurants and find themselves unable to pay for anything they wanted. Food, drink, cigarettes, whatever they thought they wanted, there was no shortage of people ready and eager to buy it for them. If he was in uniform, he was probably on leave and had little time to spend with family before heading out. A lot of guys hitch-hiked wherever they needed to go. Gas was rationed and there were not a lot of cars on the road. He didn't need to worry though, most people considered it unpatriotic to drive past a man in uniform without giving him a ride, even if the ride was short.
The technology that we have today is awesome and I wouldn't want to give up any of it (well maybe rap "music"...I hate rap music). On the other hand today's values suck. Most people just don't have a clue. Some of the stuff I see makes me wanna puke.
old

Schiada76
06-22-2006, 06:35 AM
I live near Van Nuys airport and when they have air shows the flight path is right over my house.
Watching the B-24's and B-25's lumbering through the air is awesum. They look like they are moving about 25mph and would be just a HUGE slow target.
Those men had balls of steel.

YeLLowBoaT
06-22-2006, 06:44 AM
I think guys in sherman tanks had it the worse... average combat life span was under 2 mins.

OutCole'd
06-22-2006, 06:56 AM
When I was a kid, I saw men in military uniform walk into restaurants and find themselves unable to pay for anything they wanted. Food, drink, cigarettes, whatever they thought they wanted, there was no shortage of people ready and eager to buy it for them. If he was in uniform, he was probably on leave and had little time to spend with family before heading out. A lot of guys hitch-hiked wherever they needed to go. Gas was rationed and there were not a lot of cars on the road. He didn't need to worry though, most people considered it unpatriotic to drive past a man in uniform without giving him a ride, even if the ride was short.
The technology that we have today is awesome and I wouldn't want to give up any of it (well maybe rap "music"...I hate rap music). On the other hand today's values suck. Most people just don't have a clue. Some of the stuff I see makes me wanna puke.
old
Great post!

Debbolas
06-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Scream and I were watching
"Band of Brothers" this past week.......I am so gratefull to our Armed Service Men & Women:D

MR HARLEY
06-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Thank you to all of our past and present Veterans who came back and who didnt. Without your hardships I would not have the freedoms I have today.
Thank you !! Especially to both of my Grandfathers who served in WW2 and my Father and Uncles who served in Vietnam.
"You are not forgotten!"

Bense468
06-22-2006, 08:54 AM
How bout a door gunner in nam? Good family friend served 2 full terms in Nam as a gunner. something like 30-45 minute lifespan

robsformula
06-22-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks to all the men and women for all of our freedom without you there would not be freedom. I wish that all could read this post it makes me at least proud to be an AMERICAN. Gods speed to all.

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 08:58 AM
Some fruit flies lifespan is only a week. Do you think they bone all week long?

HM
06-22-2006, 09:06 AM
I heard the life span of a kindergarten cop is 539 years.

MagicMtnDan
06-22-2006, 05:42 PM
Scream and I were watching
"Band of Brothers" this past week.......I am so gratefull to our Armed Service Men & Women:D
Probably the best series ever made. An incredible tribute to unbelievably brave men who were willing to sacrifice everything for this country and us! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Bense468
06-22-2006, 10:34 PM
I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere. ;)
Sorry didn't see yours.