PDA

View Full Version : Lake Havasu City Boaters NEED Your Help!

UncleLarry
06-22-2006, 11:16 AM
This coming Tuesday June 27th at 5pm during a special meeting before the regular city council meeting... Item....5 first one after the roll call...
Discussion and possible action of Bridgewater Channel Enforcement Strategies as recommended by the independent channel task force. Just so you know the task force did not have any members of the boating or marine industry on it - just the hospitality and off road industries...
Basically they are going to talk about - mooring and dancing
- installing mooring points every 11 feet in the channel...one boat per mooring point..........
Second portion would be to prohibit - a person from riding on the gunwales, decked over bow or transom of a boat anytime the boat is underway within the city limits. (currently its against the law to do this when the boat is above wakeless speed) A.R.S. 5-341. This would prohibit the dancing on bows of boats in the Channel or anywhere else that is considered city limits of lake havasu...
By Need is .......
Please local residents - attend the meeting at 5pm at the police station.. call to the public - be polite but firm - "Continue with the enforcement that the city had during memorial day weekend. Implementing more laws are not needed, as shown with the toned down memorial day weekend -- with the extra law enforcement" should be your message.
Thank you all in advance for your help......
I was elected President of the Lake Havasu Marine Association this past week. We are going to represent the boating industry here in Lake havasu.. You support is needed. We will have a general memebership meeting the end of July - every boater, boat company, or interested person can join.
Thank you

Hardly Satisfied
06-22-2006, 11:27 AM
thanks for the info

Phat Matt
06-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Thanks UL. :)

atomickitn
06-22-2006, 11:41 AM
thanks larry and continued success ...... :cool:

Kilrtoy
06-22-2006, 11:51 AM
I will be there, I just need to be reminded, Im very forgetful as of late :boxed:

Havasu_Dreamin
06-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Larry, thanks for the heads up and your continued efforts to ensure that we boaters are included in the process of enacting any new laws or ordinances. Enforcement of the current laws is what is needed, not new laws. And this mooring spot idea.....I can just see the problems that would arise as a result of that.

Magic34
06-22-2006, 11:52 AM
My .02....
Just wanted to give Uncle Larry props. This has been my first year in doing business with him and Jokers Wild and they have been absolutely great!
They care about what us, the boaters, do on the water and if you are local in Havasu, when he calls for help, please stop by and give them a few minutes of your time for support. He has your best interest in mind when helping with these issues, and the more who support them in person, the better it make their cause.
If you know someone in Havasu who isn;t on the boards, please give them a call and ask for their support as well.
Thanks UL!

Magic34
06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
I will be there, I just need to be reminded, Im very forgetful as of late :boxed:
Kilr, Thanks for the efforts. I know I appreciate all who are local who attend.
Thanks!
And as long as you show up in internet form, you'll make their heads spin and it is an almost certain victory. :crossx:

Havasu_Dreamin
06-22-2006, 11:54 AM
I would think you are in a unique situation as far as being able to address the council on this issue. And I mean that in a good way.

Magic34
06-22-2006, 11:55 AM
I would think you are in a unique situation as far as being able to address the council on this issue. And mean that in a good way.
I am hoping for internet broadcast video on this one.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-22-2006, 11:58 AM
I am hoping for internet broadcast video on this one.
That's right. What's the URL for that again? I'd like to watch it as well.

blown dough
06-22-2006, 12:14 PM
must be all those damn rocks out there.

Caribbean Jet
06-22-2006, 12:27 PM
It seems like all of this regulation would kill tourism in Havasu. I just don't understand this crap.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-22-2006, 12:34 PM
It seems like all of this regulation would kill tourism in Havasu. I just don't understand this crap.
The powers that be want to tone down the activities. That is what is driving all of this.

slowinhavasu
06-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Same as above....... :)

TCHB
06-22-2006, 04:50 PM
This city is crazy. They need to reduce illegal drugs in this city not dancing on boats. It is time for one of us to run for Mayor!!!!!!

Magic34
06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
Cool. Thanks for helping and supporting.

TCHB
06-22-2006, 05:22 PM
bump

Todd969
06-22-2006, 05:46 PM
I'll remind ya tuesday!

Todd969
06-22-2006, 05:47 PM
I'll remind ya too.

KoolPop
06-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Carey,
I'll be out of town as usual, but I'm sure you'll give them may 2 cents. Hope there is a huge turnout!!

3 daytona`s
06-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Have you all caused your own problems? The PWC`S are their own worst enemy. My opinion I`m predicting,that when the "Elite of your Havasu" gets it done the way they way want,things will be different.I`m feeling the channel will be as the "MAN" wants it the PWC~s will be the death of your place.I`m not a Jet Ski`er Take a long look at the problem before Blasting a pissing reply here. :confused: :confused:

wildbillg
06-25-2006, 10:03 AM
to the top

ThongMagnet
06-25-2006, 10:41 AM
I know a way to fix the partying in the channel. Close off the channel to all boats, but the tour boat business, and those with mooring permits. Just think how quite it would be in the summer months. Almost would look like winter in Janurary.
No more traffic problems in the channel. Tweakers will find some where else to hang.

XTRM22
06-25-2006, 11:02 AM
This city is crazy. They need to reduce illegal drugs in this city not dancing on boats. It is time for one of us to run for Mayor!!!!!!
I'd vote for you Tony!
now can I park my quads,and dirt bike in your new garage? (jk)
Chuck :)

H20Advantage
06-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the the update... Sounds like that little town in the movie "Footloose" where the locals outlawed dancing and all forms of the kids getting together for fear of something bad happening.
Let the kids dance. No need for new laws, just enforce what is already in place.

Marty Gras
06-26-2006, 09:11 PM
So, let me see. The city council, who go down to the channel (maybe) once a year are going to enact more laws? They can't get the police to enforce the laws already on the books. The 11' rule is simply stupid, because the spaces between the boats will allow more people without boats, to come down to the waters edge and leave more trash than they left before the 11' rule. Many boaters 'play by the rules', some don't. Why do the majority of people need to SUFFER, because the minority can't be policed with competence??? Just a poor Havasu taxpayer asking a few questions. Don't vote for ANYONE WHO HAS REALTOR OR PAST COUNCIL TIES!!! Let's not go back to the "good old days"!!! WE can't afford it!!!

91nordic29
06-27-2006, 06:10 AM
here is your reminder :)

Havasu_Dreamin
06-27-2006, 07:53 AM
Does anyone have the web address so those of us not in Havasu can watch it over the internet?