PDA

View Full Version : prop selection

hallett21
06-22-2006, 04:23 PM
hey is there anyone out there who owns a hallett vector with an outboard or is familiar with them. We currently have a 250 xs on it with an offshore prop. It does 70 at wot but the problem is the prop has exhaust holes for planning. If ur pulling a skier then u just hold down the throttle till the motor overcomes it self. Just wondering if a) there is a better all around prop for skiing and going fast b) and props that will let us see 75?

h2oski2fast
06-22-2006, 04:56 PM
what prop is on it (if it is a 3 blade, I'd venture to say it's a Lightning), and what pitch? I think 70 is about all your going to see out of it. My buddy just had Lakeland put a 250xs on his boat, he should get it this weekend. We have a few different props to try.

hallett21
06-22-2006, 08:33 PM
what prop is on it (if it is a 3 blade, I'd venture to say it's a Lightning), and what pitch? I think 70 is about all your going to see out of it. My buddy just had Lakeland put a 250xs on his boat, he should get it this weekend. We have a few different props to try.
its a 4 blade and it was rigged at lakeland as well. Think they call it an offshore. thats wat was printed on the prop

h2oski2fast
06-22-2006, 08:42 PM
We'll be trying a 3 and 4 blade chopper and, probably, a 4 blade Bravo style prop. May not be for a couple of weeks though.
You might want to try a Bravo 1 prop, they are higher performance then the Offshore prop.

hallett21
06-22-2006, 08:54 PM
We'll be trying a 3 and 4 blade chopper and, probably, a 4 blade Bravo style prop. May not be for a couple of weeks though.
You might want to try a Bravo 1 prop, they are higher performance then the Offshore prop.
thnx ill try it out by the way wats ur budy driving?