PDA

View Full Version : pictures of my boat

Wicked_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 06:17 PM
pictures of my 79 19' Tahiti.
351w
And, YES its a sterndrive.. rare i know...
http://gallery.myrcsupply.com/albums/userpics/10001/DCAM6221.JPG
http://gallery.myrcsupply.com/albums/userpics/10001/DCAM6222.JPG
http://gallery.myrcsupply.com/albums/userpics/10001/DCAM6223.JPG
http://gallery.myrcsupply.com/albums/userpics/10001/DCAM6220.JPG
http://gallery.myrcsupply.com/albums/userpics/10001/DCAM6223.JPG

RAMROD
06-22-2006, 06:22 PM
I hear that particular OMC sterndrive will handle about 1500HP

Wicked_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 06:25 PM
I hear that particular OMC sterndrive will handle about 1500HP
Ya, i have heard its a nice outdrive, its a bit big, and over-enginerd i think, but hay it pushes this boat along real quick....

DD_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 06:33 PM
You take that thing out on Mead? Where do you launch and where do you stay?

Wicked_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 06:38 PM
You take that thing out on Mead? Where do you launch and where do you stay?
Yes i take it to mead. I have launched a few places, echo and callvile, but both get soo choppy by afternoon. I like to go to bullhead and campout, we also go to willow beach, or katherens landing where the water is glass, and they have a hotel :)
I take it, you have a tahiti also?
Wanna come??

Havasu47
06-22-2006, 06:43 PM
I take it, you have a tahiti also?
Wanna come??
I'll go if DD brings his avatar :D

Wicked_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 06:44 PM
agreed, lolz
ya i suppose i forgot to mechon that part :cool:

Jordy
06-22-2006, 06:48 PM
That's pretty cool looking. I've seen a few of the lower freeboard boats with outdrives on them and typically they seem to have to butcher the transom to clear the gimble and housing, not the case with yours. From the first shot you'd never know it was an I/O.

DD_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 06:50 PM
LoL.... Yeah, I have a 1973 Jet with a 455/Berkley setup. But the wife has my chit in a vise and won't let me take the kids out there in it. We stay out just below Overton Arm. Nice Tahit though. Is that stock?

DD_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 06:51 PM
I'll go if DD brings his avatar :D
LMAO.... My Avatar is always with me :) She doesn't let me out of the cage very often.

Wicked_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 06:59 PM
no not a stock setup. I believe it orig had the jet, but when i got it, it had the outdrive and a missing parts on the 455, we did the 351 swap after we rebuilt it in 1990. Been a sweet speedster ever since.
so you launch outa overton? i havnt been up there yet, hows the water there? as nice as willow?
we should meetup and go out, iv been looking for someone to take trips with since i moved here.

ratso
06-22-2006, 07:11 PM
LMAO.... My Avatar is always with me :) She doesn't let me out of the cage very often.
I'd let her keep me locked up too lol... :D

DD_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 07:34 PM
no not a stock setup. I believe it orig had the jet, but when i got it, it had the outdrive and a missing parts on the 455, we did the 351 swap after we rebuilt it in 1990. Been a sweet speedster ever since.
so you launch outa overton? i havnt been up there yet, hows the water there? as nice as willow?
we should meetup and go out, iv been looking for someone to take trips with since i moved here.
We actually launch from Temple Bar. We are heading out the 29th and staying till 5th. But this time we are staying at Sandy Point (we are crazy and tent camp). I see you are in Vegas, but if you can make stop on out there. Sandy point is about 16 miles north west of Temple Bar. We'll be in a White/Green 19ft Rienlle and my bro in law will be in a White 21ft 4Winns. We'll be stutup right on the cove with gray & red 3 room tents.

DD_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 07:34 PM
I'd let her keep me locked up too lol... :D
Yeah, I'm not complaining :rollside:

Wicked_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 07:44 PM
we where planing a trip that weekend too, didnt really know where we where going to go....
not takin the tahiti out??? hows the water around temple bar and that area? how far from summerlin. we do the same tent camping when there isnt a hotel around...

DD_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 08:01 PM
we where planing a trip that weekend too, didnt really know where we where going to go....
not takin the tahiti out??? hows the water around temple bar and that area? how far from summerlin. we do the same tent camping when there isnt a hotel around...
I know. Well one reason the Tahiti is staying home because I'm re-doing the floor. There was a weak spot so I started tearing it up, and as you can guess it was much worse. The wife wasn't too hot on it anyway so we bought the "safe" boat.
Anyway. The water there actually isn't bad, there are alot of coves to go hide in to get away from any bad weather there is if it comes up. Talking to the bro in law, it would be about a 60 mile water trip from summerlin. But if you drove further it could be closer. You are more then welcome to come out and hang out with us if you want. Send me a PM and I'll give you my # and if you have GPS I can let you know exactly where we are staying.

Wicked_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 08:04 PM
ya, well mine needs carpet real bad, got some bad spots and its ripped a bit, my girl dont want the boat anyware neer anyone, becuase of the intereor, need some seat repairs as well...
but its all we got, so till this season is over, well just use it like it is..

DD_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 08:28 PM
ya, well mine needs carpet real bad, got some bad spots and its ripped a bit, my girl dont want the boat anyware neer anyone, becuase of the intereor, need some seat repairs as well...
but its all we got, so till this season is over, well just use it like it is..
LoL... We did that for almost 4 years between the jet & the toon. The toon was 10 times worse. But, 3/4 of my floor has been removed down to the stringers :220v: She wasn't worried about the looks as much as the safety. We have 4 kids, 15, 8, 5 & 4. Easy to loose one out of the jet :cry:
Serously though, if you guys want to hook up next weekend, send us a PM....

Wicked_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 08:44 PM
where is sandy point? and where are you going to launch from?

DD_Tahiti
06-22-2006, 08:50 PM
where is sandy point? and where are you going to launch from?
Sandy point is over on the far West, half way up to the grand canyon. We will be launching form Temple Bar. Probably 1 – 1.5 hours from where you normally launch. Then sandy point is 16 miles (on the water) from there. It’s nice and quit over there, not like over by Vegas.

Kim Hanson
06-23-2006, 05:59 PM
That's pretty cool looking. I've seen a few of the lower freeboard boats with outdrives on them and typically they seem to have to butcher the transom to clear the gimble and housing, not the case with yours. From the first shot you'd never know it was an I/O.
Well ya and in the next one it looks like the pump shiat out a lump :p of very slow stuff...........( . )( . )........it's still hanging on :p :D

RAMROD
06-24-2006, 12:56 AM
Well ya and in the next one it looks like the pump shiat out a lump :p of very slow stuff...........( . )( . )........it's still hanging on :p :D
??????????????????????????????????????????????