PDA

View Full Version : $300 cocktail

Kachina26
06-22-2006, 10:50 PM
So I got off work and as many of us are wont to do, I had a little cocktail, to... ya know, take the edge off of the day. Well, I'm 5 pages into catching up on HB when my phone rings. It's work, they want me to come in for the first half of the late shift. This basically means that once I get there, I will only be able to work for 2-2.5 hours due to the hours of service laws. Now, in that 2-2.5 hours I would have earned $300 !!!!! There is a zero tolerance policy for us with booze,(thank GOD!) So, I was unable to take the call. Almost enough to make you quit drinkin' !!!

INSman
06-22-2006, 10:52 PM
So I got off work and as many of us are wont to do, I had a little cocktail, to... ya know, take the edge off of the day. Well, I'm 5 pages into catching up on HB when my phone rings. It's work, they want me to come in for the first half of the late shift. This basically means that once I get there, I will only be able to work for 2-2.5 hours due to the hours of service laws. Now, in that 2-2.5 hours I would have earned $300 !!!!! There is a zero tolerance policy for us with booze,(thank GOD!) So, I was unable to take the call. Almost enough to make you quit drinkin' !!!
Damn, I need to get myself a new job at that hourly rate :220v:

No Name
06-22-2006, 10:53 PM
That sucks,I think the best thing to do now is to get drunk and forget about it. :rollside:

dicudmore
06-22-2006, 10:54 PM
BUMMER :crossx:

Thorsinc
06-22-2006, 11:13 PM
Look at the bright side you didn’t have to pay taxes on it! Have a few more cocktails – This will do two things for you - Lower the amount of first 300. cocktail, and it will temporally ease the pain of your missing income. Cheers!

JetBoatRich
06-23-2006, 04:13 AM
You will have more opportunities to make the money later, enjoy the cocktail :cool: