Tito Ortiz Vs. Ken Shamrock
Dan Christison Vs. Frank Mir
Josh Burkman Vs. Josh Neer
Yves Edwards Vs. Joe Stevenson
Hermes Franca Vs. Roger Huerta
Drew Fickett Vs. Kurt Pellegrino
Jeff Monson Vs. Anthony Perosh
Gilbert Aldana Vs. Cheick Kongo[/QUOTE]
I think you're pretty dang close. You gonna be in Vegas for this one? I cannot wait to see Tito/Shamrock fight in person. :crossx:

HavasuSelect
06-23-2006, 07:18 AM
What is Shamrock thinking getting into the ring with Tito? I think Arlovski is gonna take his title back.

NOTALENT
06-23-2006, 07:21 AM
Are you a mind reader.... :idea: :D Same picks I have....
I am really hoping that the Sylvia vs. Arlovski goes a bit longer and Arlovski puts him through some pain. Hopefully the refs let it go a little longer as well.
Also I hope Tito retires Shamrock.... Just because of the way that Shamrock is coaching his team on the ultimate fighter.....just pathetic!

HavasuSelect
06-23-2006, 07:23 AM
Are you a mind reader.... :idea: :D Same picks I have....
I am really hoping that the Sylvia vs. Arlovski goes a bit longer and Arlovski puts him through some pain. Hopefully the refs let it go a little longer as well.
Also I hope Tito retires Shamrock.... Just because of the way that Shamrock is coaching his team on the ultimate fighter.....just pathetic!
Thats very true. Shamrock doesn't even look like he's in shape to fight. He looks like he bulked up a lot. Tito on the other hand looks agile and lean.

STV_Keith
06-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Good pics. ;)

Garrddogg
06-23-2006, 07:38 AM
great pics I'll be there!

dmontzsta
06-23-2006, 07:43 AM
Dont forget, tomorrow night is The Ultimate Fighter finale, then on Wednesday there is a fight night. Should be a good month for UFC.

Spectre140
06-23-2006, 08:09 AM
The last time I saw Frank Mir fight he got OWNED!

Eliminator 4 Life
06-23-2006, 08:55 AM
predictions for July 8th??? :D :D :D
Mine are in red :D
Tim Sylvia Vs. Andrei Arlovski
Gilbert Aldana Vs. Cheick Kongo
Charley since we agree on the main fight with Ortiz can we sit next to each other and drink beer :)

AirtimeLavey
06-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Good picks. Shamrock's gonna get it handed to him again. Don't know what he's thinking, other than anything can happen in a fight. Maybe he' hoping to get lucky.
Looking forward to Sat. night's finale, too. Wife's even hooked on it now after watching the series. :cool:

LaveyOne
06-23-2006, 10:50 AM
I used to have a heck of a lot more respect for Shamrock before "The Ultimate Fighter 3." The opposite for Ortiz - couldn't stand him, but now I think he's a pretty stand-up guy.
Ol' Charley knows his UFC and I'll have to agree w/ his calls. I think it'll be a carbon copy of the last Ortiz-Shamrock fight, if not worse for Shamrock! :boxingguy

LLGirl
06-23-2006, 11:27 AM
nice picks. A couple I think may be different... Yves will beat Stevenson. Too much standup and great on the ground. I think he pushes stevenson and frustrates him. Also, I think Hermes wins. He's on a tear lately. I've seen him fight twice on the last couple months, the last time last week at WEC. He is very sharp and full of confidence right now. Should be a good night of fights.
mrllgirl.

XtrmWakeborder
06-23-2006, 11:32 AM
I used to have a heck of a lot more respect for Shamrock before "The Ultimate Fighter 3." The opposite for Ortiz - couldn't stand him, but now I think he's a pretty stand-up guy.
I have to agree 100 percent with what you say, as long as tito has the american flag in there along with the mexican i'm deffinately rooting for him. Tito was 10 times the coach Shamrock was, i can't wait for next season.

unleashed
06-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Ol' Charley knows his UFC and I'll have to agree w/ his calls. I think it'll be a carbon copy of the last Ortiz-Shamrock fight, if not worse for Shamrock! :boxingguy
You know whats wierd is the way the show is edited. They always show Ortiz and his crew training hard. It seems like they go out of there way to make Shamrock look like a complete idiot. I mean come on his training has got to better than that??? He used to be a helluva a fighter. Anyways should still be a good fight. I'll be in Havi...who will have the fight??
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

moneypit
06-23-2006, 12:47 PM
I think Mir will lose. He hasnt been the same since his accident. I think Burkman is an animal. He will not lose to Neer (IMO). I also think Yves Edwards will beat Joe. It will depend on Stevenson's training. That boy is a beer drinker.
Dont forget the fight this saturday night on SPike. The UFN final. Stephan Bonnars fight should be good!

DD_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 12:51 PM
What is Shamrock thinking getting into the ring with Tito? I think Arlovski is gonna take his title back.
I agree with both statements.

Rowboat
06-23-2006, 01:41 PM
You know whats wierd is the way the show is edited. They always show Ortiz and his crew training hard. It seems like they go out of there way to make Shamrock look like a complete idiot. I mean come on his training has got to better than that??? He used to be a helluva a fighter. Anyways should still be a good fight. I'll be in Havi...who will have the fight??
You would think that it would have to do with editing. But if you watch the fights you can see thats not the case. all of his fighters have run out of gas even the occasional winner. Even the fighters were bitching about his training and training with each other at the house. Shamrock lives in never never land. He didnt evn bring a ju-jitsu (or however you spell that) trainer in. He brought a body builder in. WTF. Here is a link to an interview he did. http://nodq.com/ufc/147587316.shtml
he is out of his mind. :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:
He is truly hoping for the lucky haymaker.

Charley
06-23-2006, 05:33 PM
I think you're pretty dang close. You gonna be in Vegas for this one? I cannot wait to see Tito/Shamrock fight in person. :crossx:
Wish I was.... actually wish I was doing the lighting for it so I could watch the fight and be making some money too hehehe
Charley since we agree on the main fight with Ortiz can we sit next to each other and drink beer :)
LMAO.... love 2, but I'm gonna be watching on PPV at a bar probably :( , have fun at the fight though and have an extra beer for me!

Charley
06-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Ok.... who will own the finals of UF3???
Bisping should fairly easily take Josh in LHW assuming Bisping is in condition
I just wanna see wanna see Kendall Hand Ed his ass in a bucket... Ed is cocky and over rated and hasn't backed his self propegated reputation in any of his fights IMHO.... he has some potential, dont get me wrong but he just isn't the stud he thinks he sees when he looks in the mirror in the morning.... Kendal grove hopefully sends Ed's ego where it belongs :D

DD_Tahiti
06-23-2006, 06:02 PM
Ok.... who will own the finals of UF3???
Bisping should fairly easily take Josh in LHW assuming Bisping is in condition
I just wanna see wanna see Kendall Hand Ed his ass in a bucket... Ed is cocky and over rated and hasn't backed his self propegated reputation in any of his fights IMHO.... he has some potential, dont get me wrong but he just isn't the stud he thinks he sees when he looks in the mirror in the morning.... Kendal grove hopefully sends Ed's ego where it belongs :D
Bisping and Josh should be a pretty good fight I think. Josh only has heart and strenght going for him, but that mug pulled out of a few choke holds with pure strength and isn't going to give up. Bisping does have alot more talent though.
I agree about Ed, he hasn't backed up any of his chit talkin. He hasn't been impressive in any of his fights and he hasn't fought anyone who was picked to win the thing. I think with Kendall's size Ed's going to have a hell of time with him.
Just my .02.....

Ivan Dan
06-24-2006, 10:30 AM
I hope Kendall Grove KICKS Ed Herman's a$$. Ed Herman thinks his $hit doesn't stink and has NOT proven himself at all. That kid Danny rocked him a little in the first round so I think Kendall will rock his world.

Bense468
06-24-2006, 10:41 AM
Both Kendall and Ed are fags...Bisping is gonna take Josh out. Way too talented for ol blue hair.

XtrmWakeborder
06-24-2006, 04:56 PM
Ditto on everyone elses opinions. Bisping will win his fight, maybe with kick, they look solid and kendel will be landing knees on that idiots body all night.

DD_Tahiti
06-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Yeeeeeeeees... That A-Hole lost. Too bad he got a contract anyway. I guess they figure he will bring in money for them. :yuk:

Charley
06-25-2006, 12:13 AM
WOw... superb action all night, very happy to see Kendal hand Herman the loss, but I must say Herman showed more class in the post fight interview than I expected. Bisping did what I knew he would..Although Josh fought with guts, Heart is only half of what you need once you get to the level that Bisping is entering now (the pool of pro UFC fighters).... Kenny Florian looked phenominal against Stout, a fighter who just beat my man Spencer Fisher in a decision.... I'm looking forward to seeing if Florian can handle "Lil Evil" .... that could be a wicked matchup..... then a surprise filler bout with matt Hammil vs Jesse Forbes.... Hammil looked much stronger this time around although I think he is still vulnerable to a big shot, if he can work on his stand up defense and cardio conditioning I think he is a runner!
MMA fighting has evolved into a true hybrid of multiple disciplines...it's pretty neat to see 2 and 3 disciplines meshed together into a fighters style and in my humble opinion the excitement will only grow as the sport evolves!
Bye Bye crooked ass boring Boxing, welcome UFC/MMA as the sport of the future :D

Ivan Dan
06-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I was very glad to see Kendall beat Ed. BUT I must say Ed looked a lot better than he did in all the prelim fights to get himself to the finals. I thought he was gonna get stomped by Kendall but it was definitely closer than I thought it would be. I thought Kendall had it done when he got the rear naked choke but props to Ed he battled out of it.
I thought Haynes gave Bisbing a lot better run for his money than most gave him credit for. He just doesn't have the cardio training to hang more than about 1 - 1 1/2 rounds and he gassed out.
Florian looked impressive against a tough apponent Stout.
Overall, some good fights IMO.
Can't wait to see Tito DESTROY Slamcock I mean Shamrock.

Charley
06-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I was very glad to see Kendall beat Ed. BUT I must say Ed looked a lot better than he did in all the prelim fights to get himself to the finals. I thought he was gonna get stomped by Kendall but it was definitely closer than I thought it would be. I thought Kendall had it done when he got the rear naked choke but props to Ed he battled out of it.
I thought Haynes gave Bisbing a lot better run for his money than most gave him credit for. He just doesn't have the cardio training to hang more than about 1 - 1 1/2 rounds and he gassed out.
Florian looked impressive against a tough apponent Stout.
Overall, some good fights IMO.
Can't wait to see Tito DESTROY Slamcock I mean Shamrock.
Ed vs Kendall - I'll agree ed did look much better this fight, I gained respect for his game, and even moreso after hearing his little post fight serving of Humble pie. If he grows up and starts focusing his energy away from his own ego he could be a pretty viable threat in a year or 2.
Bisping VS Haynes - I disagree it was not a close fight at all, haynes was clearly outmatched and arrived in my humble opinion, to the finals on mostly heart. I'm not saying he cannot learn and become a threat in the Octogan, especially if he drops to 170 like he eluded to in the post fight interview, but he has some holes in his game that need to be addressed. The good news for him is that having Heart is a part you can't learn, you either have it or you dont...he definitely does! at least 4 other guys in the house this season proved THEY DIDN'T
Between Bisping, Kendall, Ed Herman and Matt Hammil I predict we have at least one belt holder in the next 3 years, even if it is only for a little while http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0077.gif

Ivan Dan
06-25-2006, 12:37 PM
Bisping VS Haynes - I disagree it was not a close fight at all, haynes was clearly outmatched and arrived in my humble opinion, to the finals on mostly heart. I'm not saying he cannot learn and become a threat in the Octogan, especially if he drops to 170 like he eluded to in the post fight interview, but he has some holes in his game that need to be addressed. The good news for him is that having Heart is a part you can't learn, you either have it or you dont...he definitely does! at least 4 other guys in the house this season proved THEY DIDN'T
Between Bisping, Kendall, Ed Herman and Matt Hammil I predict we have at least one belt holder in the next 3 years, even if it is only for a little while http://www.planetsmilies.com/smilies/character/character0077.gif
What I was trying to say was that Haynes gave Bisbing a lot better of a fight than what was expected from him. I thought Bisbing would dominate more and end the fight very quickly (Inside a minute or two) but it took him longer to do so than I think was expected. I thought Haynes showed some decent escapes on the ground and overall decent defense on the ground as well. He got rocked when he was trying to stand toe to toe but his only chance was to land a bomb which he did once and stunned Bisbing in that first round. The second round looked like Haynes had nothing left in the tank and just couldn't mount any offense whatsoever and thats when Bisbing dominated and finished the fight. I agree, overall Bisbing picked him apart and IMO the fight should have been stopped about 30 seconds before it was because Haynes couldn't even hold his hands up to defend himself and took some nasty shots.

Ivan Dan
06-25-2006, 12:42 PM
Kendall reminds me a bit of Nick Diaz but a little smarter, more methodical and more mechanically sound than Diaz. Diaz tends to start throwing wild punches not combinations and gets out of control. He did get a little pushed around by Ed Herman so he might need to get a little stronger but overall I think this kid is gonna be a great fighter.

Bense468
06-25-2006, 01:47 PM
Bisping will take the title. Give him 2 years in the UFC, a good ground coach, and some time...Hamill wouldn't have made it through 2 rounds with him, had they fought. You know they brought him back to give him a title so you can see the fight everyone wanted to see. They will fight in the next year...

dmontzsta
06-25-2006, 03:18 PM
I agree...Bisping looks like a stud out there. Josh can take a beating, but not a Bisping beating. Bisping is a scrapper with lots of skill, he will make some waves.
Matt Hammil has not shown much, I am really rooting for him, but he just doesnt seem to have the balls out killer instinct and we have yet to see this great wrestling Tito speaks of.
I wanted to see another round of Kendall vs. Ed that was a good fight.

FLEA DIDDY
06-25-2006, 03:28 PM
I think Shamcock lost his memory or something, Tito beat him like a russian soccer player and yet wants to get back in the ring? I used to not like Tito very much until he was on the UFC show, he coached those Guys and tried to make them better at their game, unlike Shamcock who was there for the TV time :rolleyes:I will be cheering for Tito that's for sure.

Bense468
06-25-2006, 04:02 PM
I think Shamcock lost his memory or something, Tito beat him like a russian soccer player and yet wants to get back in the ring? I used to not like Tito very much until he was on the UFC show, he coached those Guys and tried to make them better at their game, unlike Shamcock who was there for the TV time :rolleyes:I will be cheering for Tito that's for sure.
Its just that...TV time. Makes for better TV, if Tito is not the ass this time around. Thats been done.

dmontzsta
06-25-2006, 04:23 PM
Shamrock has not fought in a while and you are right, last time Tito put it down on him. I think Shamrock is going to be pounded BAD!

Charley
06-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Shamrock has not fought in a while and you are right, last time Tito put it down on him. I think Shamrock is going to be pounded BAD!
Im gonna go against the grain and on a limb and say Tito by split decision :crossx:

dmontzsta
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Im gonna go against the grain and on a limb and say Tito by split decision :crossx:
Just dont put any money on that. :D
Tito will take the black Z28 too, how awesome is that? It is so good to see a nice car (done right) being given out instead of a damn scion or something gay.

Charley
06-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Just dont put any money on that. :D
Tito will take the black Z28 too, how awesome is that? It is so good to see a nice car (done right) being given out instead of a damn scion or something gay.
Agreed, to bad it wasn't vintage Panteras! :D