PDA

View Full Version : What a way to start your weekend!!!

onetallhd
06-23-2006, 08:07 AM
So I was pulling 'Riverholic' to river last night, when I made it about 35 minutes away from the valley and I noticed my oil pressure guage was way low. So I pulled over and checked the oil and all was fine, but it started to idle rough. So I decided to turn around and come back home and take it into the dealer this morning. Come to find out that all the back to the valley my truck was spewing diesel all over the truck and boat. So, I get the truck to the dealer and now I have injectors going out. Luckily my buddy is leaving tonight after work for the river so he will now be towing the boat up. What a way to start your B-Day weekend!!!!!! See ya out there!!!! Hopefully.....

NOTALENT
06-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Wow...what a bummer....at least you will be @ the river....you can drink your problems away with beautiful women, awesome weather and your buddies... :rollside:

JetBoatRich
06-23-2006, 08:13 AM
Vehicle problems suck, at least you have a backup plan
My Turbo seized a couple weeks ago pulling my boat, we were on the way home from the lake :mad: 200 mile tow home :mad:

onetallhd
06-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Yeah it just sucks cause I took yesterday and today off to go up early and now I have to do just the weekend thing. Now I just need to cram all my drinking in to saturday. Oh well, some river is better than no river!!!

HavasuSelect
06-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Yeah it just sucks cause I took yesterday and today off to go up early and now I have to do just the weekend thing. Now I just need to cram all my drinking in to saturday. Oh well, some river is better than no river!!!
.....Happy B-day by the way...

CBadDad
06-23-2006, 08:29 AM
Bummer for sure. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I was suppose to go up this weekend but blew out my shoulder earlier this week and have to pass. It can always be worse...
BTW, what year and make rig do you have?

onetallhd
06-23-2006, 08:37 AM
I have an 02' Chevy Duramax with 115k on it. It has been the best truck I have owned so far(0 problems til this one).

2dasand
06-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Unfortunatley, the injectors is a known problem with the older Duramax (the LB7 model) like you have. You are luck it went this long, as most happen with about 1/2 the miles you have. The bad part is that you are out of warranty, right? I would fight with them if they try to charge you. You shoudl be able to argue the fact that it is a known problem that will happen to almost every single one of them. good luck!

onetallhd
06-23-2006, 08:58 AM
Actually chevy sent out a extended warranty letter on the injectors about 1-1 1/2 years ago. It explained that it has been a know thing and that the injectors are covered til 7 yrs or 200k. Lucky that they acknowledged this cause its 2-3k for the service. Thanks for the response.

jawbreakerkid
06-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Actually chevy sent out a extended warranty letter on the injectors about 1-1 1/2 years ago. It explained that it has been a know thing and that the injectors are covered til 7 yrs or 200k. Lucky that they acknowledged this cause its 2-3k for the service. Thanks for the response.
same thing happend to my '02 Duramax 2 weeks ago. it just turned 112K miles. i found the same thing you did...GM is acknowledging the problem and has extended the warranty on that issue to 200K miles.

Trigger
06-23-2006, 10:03 AM
same thing happend to my '02 Duramax 2 weeks ago. it just turned 112K miles. i found the same thing you did...GM is acknowledging the problem and has extended the warranty on that issue to 200K miles.
Chad, just buy a FORD will you!!! :)

rvrhlic
06-23-2006, 10:14 AM
yeah... now I gotta drive up instead of fly ~ bastard!

onetallhd
06-23-2006, 10:37 AM
See what happens when you try to help out friends!!! As a favor I was taking his boat up for him on thurs. night so he could fly up on friday night. Now I will be truckless for about a week. And also I just got done washing his boat and trailer(which had diesel all over it). Oh well hurry up and lets get this party started!!!!!

a catered life
06-23-2006, 10:55 AM
My Turbo seized a couple weeks ago pulling my boat, we were on the way home from the lake :mad: 200 mile tow home :mad:
but we had a great time :p

sigepmock
06-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Hey isn't this a FORD. :crossx:
Sorry to hear about the problems for both of you. Hopefully Ford and GM takes care of you, niether one are cheap fixes.
Chris

JetBoatRich
06-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey isn't this a FORD. :crossx:
Sorry to hear about the problems for both of you. Hopefully Ford and GM takes care of you, niether one are cheap fixes.
Chris
I have no idea how much it cost, I bought the ext.warranty with the truck $100 deduct. just a hassle when things happen :mad:

JetBoatRich
06-23-2006, 11:30 AM
but we had a great time :p
yes we did, nothing like hanging out on a off-ramp drinking a beer with friends waiting for a tow truck :rolleyes: then waiting in Barstow waiting on another tow truck to complete the trip, while enjoying a beer :rolleyes:

onetallhd
06-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah thats one good thing bout this whole incident. It didn't happen in the middle of the desert on our way there. I was lucky enough to turn around and head home. So now I am determined to make it up there one way or another. Just waiting on Riverholic to get of work already!!!!!!!

rvrhlic
06-23-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah thats one good thing bout this whole incident. It didn't happen in the middle of the desert on our way there. I was lucky enough to turn around and head home. So now I am determined to make it up there one way or another. Just waiting on Riverholic to get of work already!!!!!!!
come on, I have to respond to Raylar... We will be leaving soon enough.

onetallhd
06-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Thats's alright I am sitting here having a beer, starting my B Day weekend off right!!

selfmade
06-23-2006, 10:11 PM
I have an 04 HD and have been through two sets of injectors one mechanic tried to blame it on my aftermarket air intake needless to say after a nice fit i threw in the showroom at the dealer they fixed it for free by the way thanks for the info on the extended warranty